NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We're dealing with getting very differing stories constantly, so we're trying to piece together the truth and what was going on at the time," Chance said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6402664/

Grrrrrrrrrr. Just tell the darn truth!!

IF and only IF there are are drugs involved I wonder if they did not have to get rid of them first before reporting her missing?? Surely to goodness they have searched the dumpsters!!:banghead:

please add/correct/whatever to this
-----------------------------------

0300 per barb (mhp person) a person was seen on video walking from Shaniya's house to the trash can where a feces coated blanket was found on that same day, later on in the investigation by LE

0330ish neighbor, who owns trash can, is awoken by a beating sound on/around her home

somewhere in here either before or after 0300/no time yet known a witness (could be camera or person) sees the Coe leave the mhp with the child. media reports quote LE as saying he was a person of interest from the start and interviewed over and over with conflicting stories from both he and the mother. He is alleged by barb to be the boyfriend of the mother and lives two miles away at the home of his mother but was in the trailer at the time of the the police report per media reports.

0530 mother states she puts the child on the couch

0630ish mother notes her child is missing and

0653 mother calls LE who responds to the trailer. Later that night S's father is reported to be flying in to the area. DFS and drug raid info surfaces as well as reports that the mother was previously denied ability to rent a mobile home in the park. It is leased to her sister. Custody was said to have bounced around between the parents.

wednesday: the search continues and information continues to surface about the mother and the above. Mother, Boyfriend and others are continually questioned.

2300 wednesday: reports that the boyfriend has been arrested on kidnapping charges. Still no child.

thursday 1430: boyfriend is charged with first degree kidnapping, a class C felony, assigned a public defender and given a 2 December court date. Bond is set. Still no sign of S. Media states they are trying to get mother to come on camera to make emotional plea. LE states that the drug raid was not related to this group of people

Does anyone know if the information about the feces stained blanket and porch has actually been verified? As I understand it, the info came from the neighbor who owns the trashcan in which the blanket was purportedly found. It's very unlikely that LE would have revealed that information to her in passing, i.e. "by the way, we're taking your trashcan because the child's blanket was found in it covered with feces. Oh...and there are feces on the porch railing, too!" Very, very doubtful.

If someone has an official source for this info, could you please post it? Thanks!

This is all I can offer CharlestonGal...http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6397725/

being on this website the last year I have realized media will run with something before they check out the information. All they want it to be the first to report it. NG is really bad about it.

I can't help but LOL when people call out NG for that. She is absolutely the queen of it, and I don't think I have ever heard her admit it with a retraction/apology. I wish I could get through to her line, she will meet her match with me! lol

Thanks for answering though, I agree about the media just wanting to be first, O/T but I live in Killeen and when the stuff went on with Fort Hood-we were being told that there were three shooters, shots being fired at places off post, etc. Then the fact that the guy wasnt dead. So yeah, you're right the media gets it wrong sometimes...

IF and only IF there are are drugs involved I wonder if they did not have to get rid of them first before reporting her missing?? Surely to goodness they have searched the dumpsters!!:banghead:

Well, I think we can safely say they didn't flush them.:crazy:

watch these everyone:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6T8jRAtsvE"]YouTube- Prime News 11/11/09 Shaniya Davis - Part 1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4jpVqSc6Xc"]YouTube- Prime News 11/11/09 Shaniya Davis Part 2[/ame]

These were posted by someone else ealier, sorry I can't give that person credit since I couldn't find them. haha. You know who you are, thank you

Housing, income, religion, age, gender, or sexual orientation are not precursors to criminal activity.
The precursor seems to be entering this life as a human being.

I don't post much, but I have to respond to this. All kinds of people live in all kinds of housing, drive all kinds of cars, eat all kinds of food, wear all kinds of clothes, and have all kinds of opinions. Charla, you are stereotyping here. The worst sexual abuse case I ever had was an "old money" family living in a fine plantation house...a bank president and his two little girls. So...........
JMO

I was not trying to stereotype, which is exactly why I posed the question. I'm not a mobile home park or trailer court expert so I asked. Thanks for your input! You are right all kinds of people do all kinds of things, I simply questioned whether certain things are more prevalent in mobile home parks.

I do not intend to stereotype or offend anyone, sorry if I have.

I don't post much, but I have to respond to this. All kinds of people live in all kinds of housing, drive all kinds of cars, eat all kinds of food, wear all kinds of clothes, and have all kinds of opinions. Charla, you are stereotyping here. The worst sexual abuse case I ever had was an "old money" family living in a fine plantation house...a bank president and his two little girls. So...........
JMO

Just wanted to add on to this, the Marine Corp also provides land for Marines to rent and put mobile homes on, so I think it is just a cost issue.

Housing, income, religion, age, gender, or sexual orientation are not precursors to criminal activity.
The precursor seems to be entering this life as a human being.

Can I respectfully disagree? Only because I'm a psych major and have taken so many classes relating/studying to criminology. There are statistics that isolate and evaluate definite correlations and precursors to criminal activity.

I get everyone's point though, trailer parks are not part of the equation. Point taken.

Boy, the timeline here leaves a lot to be desired doesn't it?

Can I respectfully disagree? Only because I'm a psych major and have taken so many classes relating/studying to criminology. There are statistics that isolate and evaluate definite correlations and precursors to criminal activity.

I get everyone's point though, trailer parks are not part of the equation. Point taken.

Oh yes, and I know them all....all of which are caused by the base of being born human. At birth, any one of us could conceivably become a killer. Most of the issues that do indicate criminal behavior are caused by nurture, but there is a pretty good argument for nature too. I think it's a combo.

ITA about the timeline. Something's off. Mom seems to be the one who gave the timeline so that is what is making me wonder about mom. IMO
Somethings not right.

I was not trying to stereotype, which is exactly why I posed the question. I'm not a mobile home park or trailer court expert so I asked. Thanks for your input! You are right all kinds of people do all kinds of things, I simply questioned whether certain things are more prevalent in mobile home parks.

I do not intend to stereotype or offend anyone, sorry if I have.

I understand your point Charla, and I will just say, that at least the mobile home parks around here, they don't really tend to do credit or background checks either, like apartments do. Sorry, I am not trying to offend, I know that alot of wonderful people live in mobile home parks, but... they seem to(around here) be a little lax on who they accept.

It's my understanding that the area Shanyia lived in was a crime ridden area of town. One of the local posters here said it was low income and known for drugs and a high crime rate. The fact that Shaniya lived in a trailer park is irrelevant, the fact that the trailer park was located in a very undesirable, crime ridden area is relevant. I'm sure geographical statistics can be found online and will probably confirm that the area Shaniya lived in has a high rate of crime.

Thank God the older boy has been removed. I'm wondering where they all went after they were told they could not return home due to sewerage issue.

ITA about the timeline. Something's off. Mom seems to be the one who gave the timeline so that is what is making me wonder about mom. IMO
Somethings not right.

Getting some kind of truth out of Mom will lead to this precious little girl..IMHO..
There is a reason why she is not on the news trying to plea for her daughter..
Something is certainly fishy here with her story.
And if I may..she is a beautiful little girl..!

This may be retread, but I'm incredibly fatigued right now and I'm pretty far behind.

It might just be my kids, but I can count on one hand the time my children have had bowel movements overnight. Usually it's when their routine has been off/they're ill.

My first, sad instinct to say that was was some kind of antemortem/immediately postmortem evacuation of the bowels or a reaction to trauma. But assuming this happened in or directly around a home, how does someone in a trailer not hear anything? I've visited people that live in mobile homes and the acoustics are nuts. I had this question in the big mass murder in GA, too.

I'd totally be in support of...intense...interrogation techniques in these kinds of cases. Abductor in custody and minor abductee missing? Break out the waterboarding. Of course, I'm pro-DP for child rapists, people who commit capital murder, and litterers, so maybe I'm the wrong person to offer my opinion on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆