Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot imagine what it must be like to be these parents. A missing child, especially one this young, would just about kill me. It breaks my heart.

On top of that, to be in a foreign country must be horrible. At some point if she isn't found, they may have to face leaving and returning home. How you bring yourself to do that, I do not know.

I imagine Beth Twitty can relate, but she wasn't actually with Natalie in Aruba, and Natalie wasn't a toddler/preschooler who could be living somewhere undercover.

Praying for Maddie's safe return soon!

I thought I would post this link from a subgroup of "Save The Children".
There are many things that can be done right from your home with the internet. They are a wonderful, international organization. And can certainly use any help offered. It is a huge, huge problem and undertaking.

Thank you for wanting to do something about the problem.
There are also many other organizations which are involved in child abduction and sex slavery.

Disclaimer- I work with Save the Children, mainly in Eastern Europe, on these issues as well as disaster relief - emergency response.

http://www.savethechildren.net/alliance/get_involved/report/index.html

Thanks for caring. Many times it seems just so overwhelming and terribly sad. Hoping for a safe return of Madeline.

And I thank you for the link, I will definitely check it out. And I also thank YOU for caring. All the children in this whole world need all the help we can give them.

I hope they find her soon. It's too bad the Portugese police are not able to show the suspect sketch or videos to the public to ask for help.

I hope they find her soon. It's too bad the Portugese police are not able to show the suspect sketch or videos to the public to ask for help.
on one hand I understand them not showing the sketches and video, then again I don't. If the sketches and video enables the public in identifying the kidnappers, show them. This little girl needs to be found asap. Another day could sadly be too late.

That's how I feel...the public could very well be of assistance. Someone may recognize them.

I don't really understand not showing whatever images they have of the suspects but I do know their law forbids it.

Sewing Deb,
Could it be that LE is afraid that the kidnappers will hurt Madeline if they know their faces are all over the media? I still say it's worth a shot though.

The picture of her little pajamas brought tears to my eyes. She's such a beautiful little girl. How could anyone want to hurt her, or any other child? It's just horrible!
Does anyone know what kind of sentences child molesters get in Portugal?

I think that little girl is in so much danger that they should have publicized the tape and broadcast the information about the license plate on the car, when that information was discovered.

Too bad someone who has access to that tape wasn't enough of a maverick to hand it over to the media, putting whatever happened to him or her aside, for the sake of the little girl.

If she is still in Europe, by now they have probably cut and dyed her hair. So the media could also be showing pictures of how her appearance has been altered. It's possible her appearance has been changed to make her look like a little boy.

If Madeline was sold to someone, it's probably too late now to find her, unless someone is willing to risk it for the 1 million pound reward. By now, she could be anywhere, including in some Arab sheik's compound.

I sure hope she is found, unharmed, or at least alive. Her parents must be feeling absolutely helpless and terrified. I don't know how they are managing to take care of their twins and face the media and the police. I would be a basket case by now, and I mean that literally.

Sewing Deb,
Could it be that LE is afraid that the kidnappers will hurt Madeline if they know their faces are all over the media? I still say it's worth a shot though.

I've been in contact with the group of people aho have created the "Find Madeline" website. This is what I have posted elsewhere:-

When I was a little girl, we used to play the game "pass it on". Someone would make up a story, tell one person and say "pass it on" and we'd see how far the story would spread.

A week ago, little Madeline McCann was abducted from her hotel room in The Algarve, Portugal whilst her parents ate their evening meal closeby within the hotel complex. They are a very nice family and Madeline's father is a respected cardiologist. He and his wife had been taking it turns to check on their children at half hourly intervals.

Portugese law prevents the police from discussing the investigation - even with the parents of the missing child. Also, such crimes are rare in Portugal and it would appear that the police are under-resourced and under-experienced in dealing with this crime. Experts have been flown in from other countries to help.

It is now felt that she may have been taken out of the country. A Scottish businessman has put up £1 million (almost $2 million) as a reward for information leading to Madeline's return. International footballers David Beckham and Reynaldo (sp) have made TV appeals for her safe return.

A group of volunteers have set up a webpage with the aim of spreading Madeline's photo and the tipline numbers are globally as possible.

www.findmadeline.com

Here is a link to a new story (with other links):-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6645341.stm

Click on the link in my signature for the website dedicated to finding Madeline.

In these cases, we often feel helpless. As parents we cannot begin to imagine the horror of having your child abducted and not knowing whether they are alive or dead or what horrors they may be enduring. It is agnonising for us to watch the tv appeals of parents who are suffering our worst nightmare.

However, there IS something that everyone can do - we can "pass it on" - i.e. spread the word. If everyone could post the link to the www.findmadeline.com website just once to ANY other forum with the request for others to do the same, word will spread quickly.

Internet communities CAN help!

So very kind of this man.

"When I saw their faces, I felt frustrated that no one else had yet come forward offering a substantial reward, and so felt compelled to do so myself" - Stephen Winyard

What Stephen Winyard said about his offer of a £1m reward ($1,981,394.59 USD).

The family website for Madeleine: http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

I believe children have been abducted "to order" for many, many years. all over the world. a large percentage, IMO, of missing children haven't been taken by just one nut. highly organised operations are in action. IMO.

sadly, i don't believe Madeleine is coming home, although i long to eat my words. :(
Sadly true, Floh .... I first became aware of this some years back when I heard a discussion about a ?Franklin scandal? in which children were being snatched off the street in the u.s.a. In that case, they would be flown around the country for sex parties with certain groups (dont remember details now, but i can look it up).

It wouldnt surprise me if the family werent being watched for days, then the kidnappers sent someone to the apartment where the 3 children were "sleeping," knowing exactly where the parents were and that the children were not with them. If someone knocked on the door, what's to say Maddy wouldnt have opened the door? especially if the kidnapper told her something about her parents as an inducement?

it might have been harder for a child selling ring to kidnap Maddy if she and the other two if their parents had taken advantage of the Dine Out option in the Ocean Club ....

~~~~~~~~~~
"Childcare

Mark Warner’s superb childcare facilities for all ages from four months upwards are available and a unique service on offer at the Ocean Club is our ‘Dine Out’ option. As accommodations are spread throughout the village, we offer to keep an eye on the little ones while you go out to eat – just drop them at our kids club, ready for bed and pick them up when you’ve finished."

http://www.markwarner.co.uk/summer_holidays/portugal/ocean_club/resort_details

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This case just sends chills up my spine. I also fear that they have probably changed her appearance and somehow are moving around under the radar of everyone. What I fear is that what they need (Pedophiles) and want is not money - just thinking this scares me. Poor Madeleine. She must be crying, screaming for her parents, having nightmares, sick physically, losing weight. Not understanding what is happening. Personally, I wish every convicted pedophile would just be dropped off on an island with other pedophiles and live out their lives. No connection ever to the outside world.
Unfortunately, the kidnapping of Madeleine could be the catalyst for forcing Portugal to change its attitude of handwringing when it comes to pedophilia in that country. They might need to push for their own version of Amber Alerts.:mad:

I wish we had the equivalent of Amber Alerts throughout Europe.

perhaps Madeleine's disappearance being so high profile across the Union (and the world, i'm seeing) may be the catalyst needed to bring in a Madeleine Alert in Europe?

You know, I think on this case and Amy Bradley (who I also believe was abducted by a pervert network), and it seems like it's just so unbelievably easy to target people on vacation (relaxed and guard down). Look how fast the search and rescue networks develop when someone goes missing from their home community. When it's a vacation abduction, the criminals have such an even greater upper hand. The surviving family members are disorganized and discombobulated.

You know, I think on this case and Amy Bradley (who I also believe was abducted by a pervert network), and it seems like it's just so unbelievably easy to target people on vacation (relaxed and guard down). Look how fast the search and rescue networks develop when someone goes missing from their home community. When it's a vacation abduction, the criminals have such an even greater upper hand. The surviving family members are disorganized and discombobulated.

Exactly right. They are less likely to have a recent picture - except on their camera, if they have one with them. Medical and dental records are back home. Friends and family to be interviewed will have to be questioned by another department, so LE are having to delegate all over the place. Not the same as having one or two detectives taking the lead and getting a feel for the family dynamic. The family's support network is far away, and even clothing, meds, and stuff to do for a longer stay will have to be shipped or purchased. Everything is more complicated. And at some point, they have to wonder when to go home. I don't know how, if this happens, you force yourself to leave.

un-confirmed reports in the investigation into missing girl in portugal are now focusing on a american man who has been staying at the hoilday resort for a while now but has not been seen since the girl disappered and also police are looking for a white van that is in connection with this event also the american man wanted for questioning also has a white van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member