CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hikers discovered the skeletal remains of a man in Angeles National Forest on Sunday, but his identity still remains unknown, according to coroner’s officials.

The cause of his death was deferred while investigators wait for DNA testing results, Kades said.

An anthropologist must also examine the remains to determine his possible age and ethnicity, Kades said.

http://sierramadre.patch.com/articles/skeletal-remains-found-in-angeles-national-forest

Very little information, including how they determined these remains belonged to a man. No description of clothing, if any, found with the remains. Investigators waiting for DNA testing results sounds like they might have an idea on who these remains belong to, but the article doesn't state they are awaiting confirmation of a possible or pending id. Maybe by dna they simply mean into the Codis or other databases to compare against all missing persons.

I wish the article gave more information.

Prayers said for those who are going to get the news this is their loved one.

This is a bit over 40 miles = 90 - 100 mi. round trip, avoiding LA area. I found another route, possibly a different side of the park that only takes a little over 31 mins = 70 mi. round trip. Adding extra mileage to find the "perfect" area. Doable in the timeframe given.

I pray an ID comes quickly.

FYI: (P) COURT'S ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE CONTINUED TO 10/31/2011 AT 09:00 AM IN THIS DEPARTMENT.

I wonder why it was pushed back? Perhaps there is a deal in the works.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think any of the 3 are going to get one thin dime of either Bob's or Georgia's estates before Bob is found. The word "suspects" was used in this very court of law referring to these women. How can any Judge see fit to give "suspects" an inheritance - part, partial or otherwise.

The Court should assign Fontelle maintenance, and put both the remaining estates "on hold" (can't think of word LOL) until Bob is found. I pray that the Universe resolves this synchronistically, for Fontelle's benefit.

right! how many of us could sit down and list everything in our own house in so much detail? in my recent move i was putting some things in storage and bringing some with me so i had to figure out what was important that i would need before the rest of my stuff got here, and i could not do it from memory. and in my mother's house...no way.

I have been away a bit taking care of some medical stuff, and have had time to think about this list.

My mother passed away last year. We grew up in the house, and visited frequently throughout the years. I can go through every room in that house in my head, and tell you where most things were located. I'd already been given a very special treasure years ago from my mother - a pair of earrings that were my grandmother's. (I was very close to my Grams) My mother had worn them as well. When she passed, I took ZERO - already have my precious treasured earrings. They go where I go LOL I couldn't have cared less what my siblings took/sold/gave away. It has meant so much to me to have been handed these earrings while my mother was alive, and been able to enjoy them for the past 30 years or so. So, it sort of bothers me that the number of items on the list seems so curious to people. I can do the same thing with our current home. It's normal for me, because I'm the chief cook and bottle washer. LOL

What I think is most bothersome, for me anyway, about THE LIST is the WHAT of it. It's like this wealthy man, who'd been married for decades, multiple dwellings, had nothing of his own! A garage, a house, safe, etc., none of it his - all Georgia's and the girl's to be taken when Bob turns his back. I really can't get past the Michaels taking back the sheets they gave to Bob and Fontelle for a wedding present. (Wonder what happened to their own sheets that they needed Bob and Fontelle's.) When I think about this my head starts to spin on my shoulders, and I start looking for a can of pea soup. It's appalling, nasty, and dishonorable to Bob to treat his bride this way.

When I look at Fontelle, I see a frail, sweet and gentle woman. Yet, she has the strength of Atlas to have been able to resist striking back for these past two years.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think any of the 3 are going to get one thin dime of either Bob's or Georgia's estates before Bob is found. The word "suspects" was used in this very court of law referring to these women. How can any Judge see fit to give "suspects" an inheritance - part, partial or otherwise.

The Court should assign Fontelle maintenance, and put both the remaining estates "on hold" (can't think of word LOL) until Bob is found. I pray that the Universe resolves this synchronistically, for Fontelle's benefit.

The underlined red is mine. Going to get or have already gotten? This estate with it's frozen assets has been under their control from 3/2010-the present. The trial is about breach of fiduciary responsibility, and I am curious as to specifically where the breach is.

I have been away a bit taking care of some medical stuff, and have had time to think about this list.

My mother passed away last year. We grew up in the house, and visited frequently throughout the years. I can go through every room in that house in my head, and tell you where most things were located. I'd already been given a very special treasure years ago from my mother - a pair of earrings that were my grandmother's. (I was very close to my Grams) My mother had worn them as well. When she passed, I took ZERO - already have my precious treasured earrings. They go where I go LOL I couldn't have cared less what my siblings took/sold/gave away. It has meant so much to me to have been handed these earrings while my mother was alive, and been able to enjoy them for the past 30 years or so. So, it sort of bothers me that the number of items on the list seems so curious to people. I can do the same thing with our current home. It's normal for me, because I'm the chief cook and bottle washer. LOL

What I think is most bothersome, for me anyway, about THE LIST is the WHAT of it. It's like this wealthy man, who'd been married for decades, multiple dwellings, had nothing of his own! A garage, a house, safe, etc., none of it his - all Georgia's and the girl's to be taken when Bob turns his back. I really can't get past the Michaels taking back the sheets they gave to Bob and Fontelle for a wedding present. (Wonder what happened to their own sheets that they needed Bob and Fontelle's.) When I think about this my head starts to spin on my shoulders, and I start looking for a can of pea soup. It's appalling, nasty, and dishonorable to Bob to treat his bride this way.

When I look at Fontelle, I see a frail, sweet and gentle woman. Yet, she has the strength of Atlas to have been able to resist striking back for these past two years.

BBM~~

About those sheets. Daughter JuM posted she went DTH the day after her father disappeared to supposedly change the sheets on Mr. Harrod's and Fontelle's bed. I guess that was a priority in her mind.

Another daughter, RB, posted her sister changed the sheets because the sheets Mr. Harrod had on the bed were "cheap and mismatched".

BBM~~

About those sheets. Daughter JuM posted she went DTH the day after her father disappeared to supposedly change the sheets on Mr. Harrod's and Fontelle's bed. I guess that was a priority in her mind.

Another daughter, RB, posted her sister changed the sheets because the sheets Mr. Harrod had on the bed were "cheap and mismatched".

Yeah...you wanna say to the daughter, "And what business is it of yours what kind of sheets your daddy slept on?" If she really cared, she wouldn't say that about her daddy's sheets. She would protect his privacy and dignity. I think she went down there for pure greed and nosiness...shame, shame, shame!

I think she went down there for pure greed and nosiness...shame, shame, shame!

I can think of a few reasons, none of which involve a patronizing gift of bedsheets. (How could she know they needed to be replaced, anyhow? She had spent almost no time with her father for years.)

Some (imo) strong possibilities:

-- cleaning up after (ahem) handyman work completed by her husband?
-- completing an inventory of items in the house?
-- making sure there was no evidence of a crime?
-- looking for and removing items?

The underlined red is mine. Going to get or have already gotten? This estate with it's frozen assets has been under their control from 3/2010-the present. The trial is about breach of fiduciary responsibility, and I am curious as to specifically where the breach is.

Oh man, I don't know where I'd gotten the idea that new reps. had been appointed. Argh .. Thank you for setting me straight! Time for me to head back to the court records for a refresh.

BBM~~

Yes! Fontelle's/Bob's sheets were certainly on their minds that week. Priceless, eh? (I would never have allowed my spouse to return to a house where the day before a possible crime occurred. I would have had a nervous breakdown!)

The wedding gift of sheets should have solved that issue quite nicely. It seems to me that once you give someone a gift, it's their property, right? Why were they allowed to take them back? Was it a conditional gift that once they were done using them/wore them out they were to be returned to the Michaels? It's funny how something just sticks in one's head, and stays there, but these sheets really get me.

Some (imo) strong possibilities:

-- cleaning up after (ahem) handyman work completed by her husband?
-- completing an inventory of items in the house?
-- making sure there was no evidence of a crime?
-- looking for and removing items?

<snipped>

YES to all of the above!!!

When my dear father passed away a couple of years ago, my two half-siblings were very greedy. My oldest half-sibling was listed as the executor (being the oldest). She has paid herself around $3,000 a month to "handle" the estate and has kept the estate open for 3 years now (yes my friends - that is over $100,000). The "handling" of the estate amounts to writing 2-3 checks a month for utilities because she didn't sell his home. It is so very frustrating, but... I certainly have watched how greed can make a person justify their actions.

The wedding gift of sheets should have solved that issue quite nicely. It seems to me that once you give someone a gift, it's their property, right? Why were they allowed to take them back? Was it a conditional gift that once they were done using them/wore them out they were to be returned to the Michaels? It's funny how something just sticks in one's head, and stays there, but these sheets really get me.

Interesting fact about the sheets: they weren't bought for Bob as a gift or otherwise. Daughter RB wrote that her sister JuM had Bob buy them himself. JuM came dth the day after Bob disappeared simply to put them on his bed.

Curious, that. Seeing as the sheets had never been in her possession, and that a housekeeper had cleaned up Bob's house the previous day, how would she even know that the new sheets were not on Bob's bed? Why assume it? Could there be a more preposterous reason to travel from RS to Placentia when her father is missing?

I have been a member here since 2008 but somehow never really read about this case. I have been playing catch-up for 2 days...and I'm floored by the daughters' behavior and attitude towards their dad, who obviously loved them and provided generously for them. If I saw one of them in public, I might be tempted to smack her face...even if it meant assault charges. If these girls are willing to be so cruel to their daddy, while he is missing and most likely deceased, then he means nothing to them. They could easily wipe him out, or stand by while someone else does, and not feel one bit of remorse.

I just have to say that I am glad Mr. Bob had the chance to enjoy a few weeks of love and joy before his disappearance. My heart breaks for Ms. Fontelle. Its sad to think of her leaving her own family to stay there alone in Mr. Bob's house...that has to be hard for her.

I am comforted to know that justice will be served....if not in this life, in the one to come.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this case for so long. Special thanks to those who included links to important documents and information in this thread that allowed someone new to the case to catch up more easily. You guys are the best.

Yes, to all of it!

:goodpost:

I have been a member here since 2008 but somehow never really read about this case. I have been playing catch-up for 2 days...and I'm floored by the daughters' behavior and attitude towards their dad, who obviously loved them and provided generously for them. If I saw one of them in public, I might be tempted to smack her face...even if it meant assault charges. If these girls are willing to be so cruel to their daddy, while he is missing and most likely deceased, then he means nothing to them. They could easily wipe him out, or stand by while someone else does, and not feel one bit of remorse.

I just have to say that I am glad Mr. Bob had the chance to enjoy a few weeks of love and joy before his disappearance. My heart breaks for Ms. Fontelle. Its sad to think of her leaving her own family to stay there alone in Mr. Bob's house...that has to be hard for her.

I am comforted to know that justice will be served....if not in this life, in the one to come.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this case for so long. Special thanks to those who included links to important documents and information in this thread that allowed someone new to the case to catch up more easily. You guys are the best.

BBM~~

Yes, it must be so hard for Fontelle. I really admire her strength and her love for her husband.

IMO, the daughters believed Fontelle would head back to Missouri within days of Mr. Harrod's disappearance leaving them free and clear. It really must have infuriated them when she didn't.

Interesting fact about the sheets: they weren't bought for Bob as a gift or otherwise. Daughter RB wrote that her sister JuM had Bob buy them himself. JuM came dth the day after Bob disappeared simply to put them on his bed.

Curious, that. Seeing as the sheets had never been in her possession, and that a housekeeper had cleaned up Bob's house the previous day, how would she even know that the new sheets were not on Bob's bed? Why assume it? Could there be a more preposterous reason to travel from RS to Placentia when her father is missing?

Thank you for correcting me on the source of those sheets, Montjoy. I went back through court transcripts, and the list itself. I was coming back to correct myself LOL I will edit my post above.

As for the reason for her return the following day, yes, I have never found this to be believable - not for one second. To move this forward, why the sheets bother me so much is this:

I'm not so sure in my head that Bob went missing on Monday. I continue to go back to Sunday. If the housecleaner is sure - proof positive - that it was Bob she spoke to Monday, then I need to go over my theory again. If she's not sure, didn't really pay that much attention - then the changing of the sheets could be very truthful, and make a whooole lot of sense in the scheme of things.

Editing: Those sheets are really bugaboos LOL We're talking about two different sets of sheets. In my quoted post above (which for some reason I can't edit to correct my sheet error) I was referring to "46. Linens on Antique bed as well as the silk bed skirt and sheets on King sized bed in master bedroom" from the list of demands the daughters made against Fontelle/Bob to retrieve from the Harrod's house. How in the world did I associate them with being a wedding gift? I usually don't just make stuff up. Old age must be creeping in.

Yes, how would she even know? IMO, she posted that for a reason but slipped up as she hadn't thought it through.

Yes, how would she even know? IMO, she posted that for a reason but slipped up as she hadn't thought it through.

Just tossing out the idea that she may have taken the newly purchased sheets home to wash them? I know I like to wash new sheets to get the chemicals out, and the creases from being folded in the package. Was it mentioned anywhere that she brought the sheets with her, or that they were at the house?

Still doesn't explain why the sheets were requested in the laundry list of items collected from the estate. Baffles my understanding. I would think that Bob's wife might still need the sheets.

Just tossing out the idea that she may have taken the newly purchased sheets home to wash them? I know I like to wash new sheets to get the chemicals out, and the creases from being folded in the package. Was it mentioned anywhere that she brought the sheets with her, or that they were at the house?

Still doesn't explain why the sheets were requested in the laundry list of items collected from the estate. Baffles my understanding. I would think that Bob's wife might still need the sheets.

Daughter RB posted in Sep 2010 that JuM had Bob buy new sheets and he was supposed to put the new ones on. I don’t think JuM would take sheets Bob bought back to her house in RS to wash them if Bob had a washing machine.

A week after Bob went missing, daughter JuM posted that when he went missing, before she went dth to change the linens, she called the local hospitals and coroner’s office. Her father is missing, a missing person’s report was filed, she’s calling local hospitals and the coroner’s office, yet was going to Bob’s house to change linens? The reference to linens as an explanation for going to Bob’s house is inserted awkwardly into the post. I have always found it bizarre since I first read it, and still do, but that’s just my opinion.

Daughter JuM – August 4, 2009

My dad lives in Placentia which is no where near Van Nuys, I believe is near LAX he lives between John Wayne Airport and Ontario Airport. I appreciate the lead. I did learn something that when he went missing, before I went dth to get the house ready, linens changed for he and his wife; I started to call all the local hospitals. Then I was directed to call the Coroner's office which I did and they had only 1 John Doe and he was Hispanic. They did however have me e-mail me photos and all his information to them and they would send out a "blast fax" which is a huge distribution list to all the hospitals and other institutions.

Daughter RB – September 25, 2010

Later that afternoon my sister came down from the mountains to watch for Dad to hopefully return and help him get special touches finished before Fontelle's arrival the next day. One example is that she had Dad buy new sheets the week before for this special occasion and he was supposed to take the cheap mismatched sheets off the bed and have a nice new matching set on so it would be extra special for Fontelle.

(respectfully snipped)
Daughter RB – September 25, 2010

Later that afternoon my sister came down from the mountains to watch for Dad to hopefully return and help him get special touches finished before Fontelle's arrival the next day. One example is that she had Dad buy new sheets the week before for this special occasion and he was supposed to take the cheap mismatched sheets off the bed and have a nice new matching set on so it would be extra special for Fontelle.

This still takes me back, when I read the language used. Why take pot-shots at your missing/presumed dead father? Why? Either these people are just that way, and are rude, uncouth folks, or the disappearance of their father really threw them for a loop and they were in shock and behaving bizarrely. Or, something is not right.

Where is Bob?

Bumping for Mr. Harrod. Praying that there will be some resolution soon. Praying for his return to his wife who loves him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni