UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many decisions that Corrie made that night and morning were based around the fact that he had little money the week before payday, and wanted to avoid paying for things.

We know that he wasn’t planning on going out, but the temptation of 5 of his colleagues going out must have been too much.

With “a bit of confusion” his colleagues left without him. This may be genuine confusion, or Corrie knew that he couldn’t afford to buy a round of 6 drinks, and purposefully made his own way there, for free, in his own car.

I think he had some kind of drink on hand at home that he grabbed for the purpose of binge drinking before heading to pubs, so that he was drunk but didn’t have to pay for it.

A binge of something like 10 units in an hour or so would be sufficient for most people.

10 units is a third of a bottle of vodka, a 4 pack of strong lager, or a bottle of wine. He could have been given a bottle of wine for his birthday that was sitting at his home, and he just grabbed it.

Another decision made to save money was parking on Robert Boby Way. This was likely to be free, as long as he got back to the car by 9am. The Cattle Market car park opposite the cinema is the obvious choice for parking. It would have been open with spaces, but would have cost money. He could have paid up until noon or something in that car park, which would have kept his options open for the night/morning.

In any case, we know he spends 46 minutes on the phone in the car drinking.

He leaves his car at around 23:05, to go to SoBar and then Weatherspoons. My guess is that he didn’t need to drink or otherwise spend money in either of these places, as he would have been pretty drunk already.

At 00:15 he enters Flex nightclub, but is asked to leave at 01:10.

Everything up until here was probably a happy, good night out, I don’t think he was expecting for his night to be over only two hours after leaving his car.

He may be feeling a bit low, even if he is not showing it, having 8 hours to kill before he would be safe to drive his car back. Alcohol leaves the body at one unit per hour.

Perhaps he was hoping to stay in Flex until 3am, maybe hook-up afterwards, get a McDonalds breakfast, then drive back.

With all this time to kill, it is puzzling why he bought a huge amount of food from the fast food shop, and leaves the shop.
It is estimated he entered around 01:20 and left around 01:30.
If he had time to kill, and knew the manager and staff in the shop, and being a social man, the constant flow of customers would have been good for him.
He could have ordered some small amount of food, eaten it, then ordered more, etc. for several hours, eating, chatting, killing time.

I think that the alcohol binge was probably catching up with him, and he may have started to feel sick. He wouldn’t want to be sick in the shop, and tried to find a more private place to eat, just in case.
There are several benches around that road and area in general, but he ignores those too.
For whatever reason, he wants to be alone at this point and chooses a shop doorway.

The last CCTV sighting of Corrie is at 03:24 when he enters the horseshoe bin area is almost certainly for the purpose of having a wee.

We now know that Corrie could have access to a wider area without being seen by CCTV, which extends to another horse-shoe like bin area/loading bay across the road at Short Brackland.
It is likely that there are parked cars in both of these bin areas.

Corrie may strike up a conversation with someone returning to their car in either of these two areas. This is likely to be a sober person, and likely to be someone who works in the area, knowing they can park there during their working hours (finishing between 3 and 4am) without issue.

At this point, Corrie is probably still fairly drunk, but cold and tired, and would probably not be enticed by more food or drink.
He may be enticed by sexual activity, a warm place to sleep for a while, or even after eating a lot of food - somewhere to have a poo.

Enticed by something, Corrie may get in a vehicle with someone of this profile, who is probably heading home to what we can assume is somewhere within 5 km of the Barton Mills 5 ways roundabout near Mildenhall.

Why Corrie suddenly decides to take up the offer of a lift, after apparently declining lifts or telling people he would walk, is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps his immediate needs took priority, and he thought he would have a way to get back to Bury by 9am.

We think that Corrie’s phone enters the range of the phone mast on the 5 ways roundabout at 04:50 and we know that the phone remains in this area unused until 8am, at which point it was either switched off, lost battery, or was otherwise damaged beyond function.

If someone stole the phone from him in BSE, or if something bad happened to him in BSE, the phone would probably have been switched off then, before it had a chance to communicate with the mast at Barton Mills.

Considering no witness has come forward (to our knowledge) admitting to give Corrie a lift, we can assume that the driver is likely to be involved in something bad happening to Corrie, and that Corrie remained with his phone while it travelled to Barton Mills.

I think it unlikely that the phone could have been pinging phone masts from within the bin lorry. From experience, it is very difficult to get signal in steel cabins.
This is easily investigated by police if they put a phone in that bin for collection and then check the phone records of it as the bin lorry traces the same route that it did that morning.
Likewise, running a test by having phones in cars going different routes from the HS/SB to 5 ways roundabout, and seeing which phone records best match the pattern that Corrie’s phone gave, would make a lot of sense to try.

Sources
Timeline
[video=youtube;dfE5PIJBnr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfE5PIJBnr0[/video]
CCTV footage
Possible CCTV blackspots

Agree. It's great that Nicola has posted that to the FC site now but it seems to raise more questions.

BIB yes it appears to show the camera as per the original CCTV map with the 2nd load bay updates now clearly added.

TheHorseshoeAndLoadingBays.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...ll=52.246672773432095,0.7125456493167803&z=18

^ EDit _ adding PPixxi's updated case map again.( So many wait/park-up/parking opportunities around the Horseshoe for anyone needing to do so plus for premises open at that time of night. )
Thank you for this. After all this time saying he couldn't leave the horseshoe area unseen, we now have a walk around and the potential of exiting as sleuths here have been looking at months ago. As one poster here said last night, he may not have gone into the horseshoe at all, especially if he was just double checking for a car there. Quick look, no car, continue. JMO

Just to mention the outstanding unidentified persons and times.
2 people possibly women @ 03.19
1 guy in white t poss C @ 03.21
1 black clad person @ 03.35
1 cyclist (grapes) @ 03.56
1 person large bag @ 05.01
1 person backpack @ ) 05.18

Any possibilty last two could be homeless persons? One is carrying a large bag 05.01 and I think 03.21 looks a lot like C but the times on either this cam or hs cam would be a few mins out.
Cornhill cam time 0321 Hs cam time 0324. Thats only 2-3 mins this guy is the closest in time to C and looks very like him and is walking away just a few yards from the last place C was seen.

ETA last paragraph important imo.

Please everyone look at the still at 03.21 on www.findcorrie.co.uk and see if this could be C. The cornhill cam could have been a couple of mins different to the council cams and that would be simple for the police to check. I suggest we call this guy 3 minute man.

Please everyone look at the still at 03.21 on www.findcorrie.co.uk and see if this could be C. The cornhill cam could have been a couple of mins different to the council cams and that would be simple for the police to check. I suggest we call this guy 3 minute man.

FWIW I suppose he could have rolled his sleeves - but a change of trousers as well in a few minutes of other CCTV - not sure.
Upper body very similar though.

I thought TW had stated they had already used enhancement, body size, leg length etc etc on the pictures released and
decided none were Corrie ?

BBC news have just said corrie is to become a father, can anyone link the story

just for ref ( know u can't get links up easily)

WhiteTshirtDarkBottoms.jpg

Corrie is due to be a father, his girlfriend has said. BBC news. She found out 2 weeks after his disappearance.

Just got a news flash on my phone .. his ex saying she's pregnant with his child ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBC news have just said corrie is to become a father, can anyone link the story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38559686
April Oliver, 21, had been in a relationship with the 23-year-old, who is based at nearby RAF Honington.
Ms Oliver, who discovered she was expecting his child two weeks after his disappearance, said: "I've had to make a massive decision by myself."
"I was hoping and praying that he'd come back so we could make the decision together," Miss Oliver, from Norfolk, added.
Mr Mckeague did not know his girlfriend was expecting before he vanished. She discovered the news in October.
The pair, who met via a dating site, had been together for about five months before Mr Mckeague went missing.
Miss Oliver described him as an "absolute gentleman".
"He's just the sweetest and most outgoing person I've ever known," she told BBC Look East.
"There is nothing I would love more than for him to walk through the door and say 'I'm back'."

yes nicola knows, can't paste any more than that - ws copyright rules.

Just to mention the outstanding unidentified persons and times.
2 people possibly women @ 03.19
1 guy in white t poss C @ 03.21
1 black clad person @ 03.35
1 cyclist (grapes) @ 03.56
1 person large bag @ 05.01
1 person backpack @ ) 05.18

Any possibilty last two could be homeless persons? One is carrying a large bag 05.01 and I think 03.21 looks a lot like C but the times on either this cam or hs cam would be a few mins out.
Cornhill cam time 0321 Hs cam time 0324. Thats only 2-3 mins this guy is the closest in time to C and looks very like him and is walking away just a few yards from the last place C was seen.

ETA last paragraph important imo.

Again FWIW I believe the penultimate BBM person is possibly a homeless lady. The backpack person seems to be
a student/worker with a purpose ? OIMO if that is any help at all ?

IMO I don't think its C.... But with the timings so close it could be the driver if he was meeting someone ??
My other theory is 4 Minute man ( still unidentified) could also be the driver... C walks in Horseshoe, meets 4 minute man, C has a wee, 4 minute man is seen leaving Camera turns again... C also leaves unseen ?

from your link

Missing RAF serviceman Corrie Mckeague is due to become a father, his girlfriend has told the BBC.
Mr Mckeague, from Fife, vanished after a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on 24 September.
April Oliver, 21, had been in a relationship with the 23-year-old, who is based at nearby RAF Honington.

yes, very sad situation indeed. And for Nicola too....

( ^April also seems to be Suffolk based?)

There could be a number of very good reasons why April Oliver ( & Nicola ) have decided that this needs to be revealed at this stage. .......

IMO I don't think its C.... But with the timings so close it could be the driver if he was meeting someone ??
My other theory is 4 Minute man ( still unidentified) could also be the driver... C walks in Horseshoe, meets 4 minute man, C has a wee, 4 minute man is seen leaving Camera turns again... C also leaves unseen ?

I feel sure I have read/heard that 4 minute man has come forward and been identified.
I have so far been unable to find a postable link though so jmo atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member