Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My doctor wrote my prescription for two rescue inhalers per month. I refill them every month ($10 each) even if they are not both empty (which can be hard to tell until they run out) because sometimes I use them more often, and sometimes less often. At the moment, I have 5 inhalers. 2 brand new at home, and three partials (which are in my car, laptop case, and desk at work). My worst allergies are in the Fall, and if I did not get the extras now, I would not make it through October when I could easily go through one in a week.

I automatically get two when I call for the refill. Two other people I know with asthma are also getting 2 at a time. I do not know what Sierra's situation was, but it is possible they gave her two at a time. You would think her mom would know that, but she was living with her father until recently and he may know more about this than Marlene does.
Many used to purchase multiple Albuterol inhalers at one time, but approx. two years ago the dispensing container was "reinvented". The manufacturers were forced by the feds to save the ozone layer. This allowed the manufacturers to put Albuterol back on patent and the cost rose from approx $15.00 per inhaler to over $50.00.

Sierra's mom was worried about Sierra not having her inhaler because Sierra only had one inhaler, IMO. If Sierra packed her tote, she would have packed that inhaler. She was known for having a "wierd *advertiser censored*" cough.
http://www.familydoctormag.com/blog...ange-switch-to-albuterol-hfa-increases-price/

Not to mention the tons of abductions and sex crimes that go unreported, that number is staggering....just staggering....

See to me, Amber appeared much more like a little girl to me, than Sierra...she was shy, into her books and animals....I never got any impression of Amber other than as a young girl...not the impression Sierra gave off, unwittingly or not, IMO.... (Amber was 14, no? Just for the record...)

Female Hair: Brown (short to medium length)
Height: 5'5" (at the time of disappearance) Eyes: Blue
Weight: 125 pounds (at the time of disappearance) Race: White

So Amber was 5 foot 5 inches tall and pretty well developed already. I don't think the monster who took her knew she was shy and into reading and animals. He just saw a pretty young girl and decided to kill her.

Sierra was much smaller, so it does not matter how feisty she was, she is still no match for a monster who decides to do her harm. imo

"E. She gave the description, "Convos with S********h" in her title of the pic, which suggests someone else may know who he is or how she knows him."

I googled the convos name and it appears to be some sort of site where you can set up fake conversations on twitter or facebook. (see below google links)

Fake convos by Sushanth Venkatesh - Fake Convos - Fake ...
fakeconvos.com/myconvos.php?id=1694461411
Fake Convos. Generate fake Facebook conversations. Welcome Guest -. Home · Create a Fake Convo! Support US · Latest Convos · Random Convo · Feedback ...
Mark Zukerberg Sushanth - Fake Convos
fakeconvos.com/view.php?id=33490
Fake Convos. Generate fake Facebook conversations ... Posted 6 months ago bySushanth Venkatesh. Mark Zukerberg Hi Sushanth, Your new blog is too cool!

On Dateline last night, they did a thing on "stranger danger" where they had several scenarios. One was with older children (one 14) who were making "care packages" for the troops. A man came up to them with a camera and said he was looking for kids to be in a new reality show. Almost all of the kids let the man take their picture, told him their names, and home addresses.

Another scenario involved younger children and this time, the man was in an ice cream truck. He offered the kids free ice cream and then asked if they wanted to "tour" his ice cream truck. All of the kids went in the truck, even the daughter of a policeman who speaks at schools to warn kids about "stranger danger."

Afterward, all of the kids admitted that they knew it was a bad idea and some said they even had a bad feeling about the guy, but that they just could not resist.

That is really frightening. When my DD was in the girl scouts we had a self defense expert come and work with the girls one weekend. He taught them how to scream as the primary goal because that is their best weapon when they are very small. But he also did that experiment with us on the first morning of the girl scout weekend expo.

Some of the parents agreed to let him mingle with the girls at a scout pancake breakfast event. So they stood back and watched as he successfully lured a few girls away into the parking lot. All he had to do was sit and eat breakfast with the larger group and inject himself into conversation with everyone. Then he told two of the girls that he had an early order of the scout cookies in his car and needed help bringing them in. Both went willingly with him, even though he said, " should we go ask your mom first?'

He did the same thing later at the park, brought a puppy, let everyone pet him, then later came back with an empty leash, saying the dog escaped and asked the girls to help him look. They all went and looked in the trees and bushes off the beaten path.

The school Sierra attended does not send the message out until the end of the day. That is why Marlene didnt even know she didnt go to school.

Marlene called Sierra at 3:45 pm as she was leaving work enroute to MH and got no answer and then she went home and Sierra wasnt there.... and she went to the school thinking Sierra may have missed the bus but didnt find her then she contacted Sierra's friends to see if they had seen her or heard from her and also found the message that she wasn't in school. After that she called police.

I dont know which happened first. More than likely she found the school message and then contacted her friends.

IMO

Not true, the Morgan Hill Union School District has an attendance system that will notify the parent even when a child skips a class period.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_3b606aa4-7d3b-11e1-a833-001a4bcf6878.html

Morgan Hill Times
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 8:15 pm | Updated: 8:52 pm, Mon Apr 2, 2012.

Teen’s disappearance opens questions about district’s notification system

MHUSD has two systems currently in place to notify parents of an absence at the high school level: an automated voice call that goes out about 6 p.m. and a system called the Home Access Center.

The Home Access Center is a website where parents can log on online and see in real-time if they're child did or did not show up to a class that day. They can see, for example, if their child cut class during fifth period, or check on their grades. The system can also notify them by email in real-time.

Not true, the Morgan Hill Union School District has an attendance system that will notify the parent even when a child skips a class period.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_3b606aa4-7d3b-11e1-a833-001a4bcf6878.html

Morgan Hill Times

MHUSD has two systems currently in place to notify parents of an absence at the high school level: an automated voice call that goes out about 6 p.m. and a system called the Home Access Center.

The Home Access Center is a website where parents can log on online and see in real-time if they're child did or did not show up to a class that day. They can see, for example, if their child cut class during fifth period, or check on their grades. The system can also notify them by email in real-time.
Whoa. Great find, MtnDweller! Did an email go to Marlene much earlier perhaps after the first missed period?

Welcome to Websleuths, MtnDweller!

The system can also notify them by email in real-time.

This sentence from above makes me think you actually have to utilize that school system and opt in if you want e mails to be directed to you if they miss a class. I am guessing Marlene perhaps never opted in if she never had a reason to suspect SL, since she was not prone to cutting or skipping school. Just my opinion.

Morgan Hill Times

Why would Marlene check the home access center if she thought Sierra had gone to school?

I think that would be used by a parent who was having a big problem with their kids skipping school and we have heard nothing that indicates Sierra was this type of child.

IMO

Morgan Hill TimesSww

This sentence from above makes me think you actually have to utilize that school system and opt in if you want e mails to be directed to you if they miss a class. I am guessing Marlene perhaps never opted in if she never had a reason to suspect SL, since she was not prone to cutting or skipping school. Just my opinion.

That is how the system works, she would have had to access the system and opt in to receive a text or log on to the system real time to check if the child had cut a class.

I believe one of her tweets indicated she cut school one day in January.

Why would Marlene check the home access center if she thought Sierra had gone to school?

As a parent myself, I would never do that unless, like you said, I was dealing with truancy.

Also, truancy is HIGHLY disapproved of in most schools naturally, but even more so if you are in some sort of athletics. (I have seen quite a few teens get benched, and even kicked off, certain team activities in the schools my children attend.)

Logically, if Sierra was still cheering, and Mom thought she went to school, there is/was no valid reason to log in and check that day.

Frustrating that there are school districts that still have broken response systems. Very frustrating.

The school Sierra attended does not send the message out until the end of the day. That is why Marlene didnt even know she didnt go to school.

Marlene called Sierra at 3:45 pm as she was leaving work enroute to MH and got no answer and then she went home and Sierra wasnt there.... and she went to the school thinking Sierra may have missed the bus but didnt find her then she contacted Sierra's friends to see if they had seen her or heard from her and also found the message that she wasn't in school. After that she called police.

I dont know which happened first. More than likely she found the school message and then contacted her friends.

IMO

Morgan Hill Times

I think that would be used by a parent who was having a big problem with their kids skipping school and we have heard nothing that indicates Sierra was this type of child.

IMO

My point was, or I was just pointing out that the school has two notification systems, not just the evening phone call for missing an entire day of school as you mentioned in your post.

Whether Marlene accessed the system to opt in for a text or to check online real time if her child cut class is a whole different issue.

our school has a similar system called "power schools" and we can check attendance etc and also sign up for emails that can even include what they bought at lunch. Caveat: on our system you have to sign up to receive the emails.

The other thing about my son's school is that the automated "your kid is not at school" phone call comes at 10am after attendance in first period is logged. We have gotten two such calls that nurse son wasn't at school when they had a first hour assembly :eek: about gave me the vapors!!!

I think it was like the system our high school had. I could look at the website using my kids student ID number and a special password, and it would tell me the up to minute stuff about attendance and grades etc.

The only problem was----IT NEVER WORKED RIGHT. There were glitches a lot of the time and the teachers never seemed to update it promptly. The kids loved knowing that.

Morgan Hill Times

RBBM: JMO ... but I would "think" that any parent who sends a child to school via the school bus -- which school bus comes for the child down the road a few blocks from the home and AFTER the parent leaves for work -- would check the school's online service every morning just to make sure their child made it to school.

:moo:

I cannot speak for Morgan Hill schools, perhaps they are great...who knows. Many things look good in print, but when it comes to them actually doing what they state in the P and P or handbook, it falls behind. I know that our schools are horrible. The link is outdated, and they fall short on so so so many levels of communicating with parents. So bad in fact that my youngest is now home schooled.

Happy Monday - I retract my statement about thinking it is a woman :) Also my lead didn't pan out, so back to the drawing board!

Sherbetjello, would you consider bringing that graphic & article about the Organized Perpetrator vs. the Disorganized to this thread? It is so valuable and we are not privy to much new evidence, so we can use the stimulus. In the graph, one of the characteristics & features that overlap is returning to the scene of the crime. The perpetrator may well have done that but we do not even know where harm to the victim took place. We have evidence scenes but in the strictest sense, no crime scene. Therefore, people are on the lookout for suspicious behavior wherever it takes place.

As a parent myself, I would never do that unless, like you said, I was dealing with truancy.

Also, truancy is HIGHLY disapproved of in most schools naturally, but even more so if you are in some sort of athletics. (I have seen quite a few teens get benched, and even kicked off, certain team activities in the schools my children attend.)

Logically, if Sierra was still cheering, and Mom thought she went to school, there is/was no valid reason to log in and check that day.

Frustrating that there are school districts that still have broken response systems. Very frustrating.

Me either. I would feel that is spying on my child when I had no reason to do so.

Now if they had a habit of skipping of course I would stay on top of their attendance.

I agree. When Marlene left for work Sierra was already up preparing to go to school so she had no reason whatsoever to think she was any other place other than school.

And even if Marlene had checked the access center that would not have saved Sierra from her abductor. By the time it was entered into the computer the kidnapper would be long gone.

IMO

Ok, at the moment I am totally blanking on who it was that so kindly went out and shot pix of the Laguna structure last week. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member