Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Official Facebook Page

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

We can discuss our speculation based on facts, we cannot post out and out rumors. You can not speculate on something that is not known thru the media and or law enforcement.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

Folks, we have allowed the discussion of Dylan's father in this case because there are a lot of questions surrounding Dylan's disappearance and he was the last person known to see him prior to his disappeance.

We do not know what happened to Dylan or who is responsible. It is not a foregone conclusion that MR is responsible for the disappearance of his son.

We are web sleuths and as web sleuths, we'd like to see any and all possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan discussed here. Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

Please carry on and let's do what we do best.

Thank you.

Thread 23.....

We're still looking for you Dylan...always....

(sigh)

Original LE quote on criminal investigation:

"We've been doing a potential criminal investigation, looking at abduction, kidnapping or foul play. We haven't closed out the possibility he has run away and we're still going door to door. We have an absence of clues. It's a mystery, that's what makes it so frustrating," he said.
November 29th Dan Bender
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=17837843&sid=81

Authorities executed a search warrant last week at the house of Mark Redwine, the father of Dylan, but the father is not considered a suspect, said Capt. Jim Ezzell, chief investigator with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.
December 3rd
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209881/-1/s

For the tight-knit town that now has posters up everywhere, the thought of an abduction was completely unexpected, yet, investigators told Action 7 News that's exactly what they think happened.

Lieutenant Ed Phippen of the La Plata County Sheriff's Office said it is now a criminal investigation with the belief that whatever happened was out of Dylan's control or ability to get out.

December 8th
http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...17707274/-/pj5977z/-/index.html#ixzz2Gw44mA4J

Information about storing text messages by the providers:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-5...ress-we-need-logs-of-americans-text-messages/
December 3, 2012

Cops to Congress: We need logs of Americans' text messages​

AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and other wireless providers would be required to record and store information about Americans' private text messages for at least two years, according to a proposal that police have submitted to the U.S. Congress.

snipped

An internal Justice Department document (PDF) that the ACLU obtained through the Freedom of Information Act shows that, as of 2010, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint did not store the contents of text messages. Verizon did for up to five days, a change from its earlier no-logs-at-all position, and Virgin Mobile kept them for 90 days.

ETA: Law has not passed yet.

Well it's possible LE believes Dylan was abducted by a stranger and they have no details...nothing...nada...zip....zilch.

If they believe he was abducted by a stranger and had ANYTHING at all on possibilities of cars or descriptions of suspect or anything I would think they would be providing it to the public to be on the lookout. I would think they would also be providing the public with the exact area Dylan's phone last pinged so as to narrow down the possible abduction location (if they have that information). Oh wait that wouldn't help since his last ping was Sunday night and he disappeared Monday morning. What unbelievable luck to have your phone die when you are abducted. Have they provided a description of the fishing pole to be on the lookout for? If they truly think this is a random stranger abduction why aren't they asking for more of the public's help?

Well it's possible LE believes Dylan was abducted by a stranger and they have no details...nothing...nada...zip....zilch.

If they believe he was abducted by a stranger and had ANYTHING at all on possibilities of cars or descriptions of suspect or anything I would think they would be providing it to the public to be on the lookout. I would think they would also be providing the public with the exact area Dylan's phone last pinged so as to narrow down the possible abduction location (if they have that information). Have they provided a description of the fishing pole to be on the lookout for? If they truly think this is a random stranger abduction why aren't they asking for more of the public's help?

If Dylan was abducted, LE is doing a big, big dis-service to Dylan, his family and the community.

:banghead::banghead:

If they believe he was abducted by a stranger and had ANYTHING at all on possibilities of cars or descriptions of suspect or anything I would think they would be providing it to the public to be on the lookout. I would think they would also be providing the public with the exact area Dylan's phone last pinged so as to narrow down the possible abduction location (if they have that information). Have they provided a description of the fishing pole to be on the lookout for? If they truly think this is a random stranger abduction why aren't they asking for more of the public's help?

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...-Bayfield-for-missing-teen&template=mobileart

In response to questions about what specific direction his investigations are taking, Bender said: “We have not closed the door on anything. We do not comment about ongoing investigations until they’re brought to a conclusion

Ditto. I've seen that type of statement made many times and wonder the same thing. I've heard it with ' nice new home, new renovations, great new job ' etc etc and I wonder how we know this? Do we know what ER's old job was vs her new job? Are they similar or did she hit the job jack pot and triple her income with her move?
Which brings me to another question that I'm sure no one has the answer to but here goes........ I wonder if ER and MR were ' carrying on' while ER was married to MH way back when and then similarly at the end of the ER/MR marriage was ER ' carrying on ' with MH? Not that it matters actually, but it would make any normal x spouse jealous feelings about 10 x worse for each man if so.

I've wondered too. From what I've seen/read her job before the move was better, there seemed to be nothing wrong with the home in Bayfield so that may or may not have been a step up, I had wondered about the "carrying on" too, but wasn't sure if we could discuss it. If it's ever determined to be allowable, I'll add my thoughts on it.

IIRC the text Dylan sent her was around 7pm.

I don't get why you think she should be worried to death that she hadn't heard from him by 4ish on the monday. IMO she would have thought he's with his dad and his friends and that she would hear from him in the evening.
When he left CS, he believed he was going to a friend's that night. She's stated that he always let her know where he'd landed at night, or at least text her to let her know the following morning. If she was that worried about him being with his father, why hadn't she tried to contact him even once before MR told her he was missing? I'm not saying she's lied, or that it's suspicious that there was no contact, but it does make me wonder if there may have been a slight exaggeration about his texting. MOO

If this were my hubby, I can say with certainty that he would have a very hard time speaking to a missing child on t.v. That's just who he is. For some men, it's just difficult in a crisis situation. They know that if they try to say more than a few words, it's going to sound worse, so they say as little as possible.
What MR said in the beginning was that LE was looking for his son, and he didn't want to speak to the press and take the focus off Dylan. I think he was right about what would happen if he spoke publicly, but it also happened when he didn't. MOO

]It would stay readable via forensics until overwritten. So if Dylan received other text messages after he deleted some, the new text messages could overwrite the space that the deleted messages took[/B].

I found a paper on the forensics of reading text messages from phones. (Seriously.) http://www.willassen.no/svein/pub/mobilememory.pdf It gets fairly technical early on, but the beginning is a good read.

But as others have said, the cell company would have records so reading info from a phone we don't have can't be done.
BBM

Just like quick formatting a hard drive or deleting a file on a computer. Either can be easily reversed, but advanced formatting, formatting and repartitioning, changing the MBR, etc. will make it much more difficult to get anything at all from the removed info.

Well this article says 'HIRED A CRIMINAL LAWYER' so to me that would mean he retained one. Other articles say he 'CONSULTED AN ATTORNEY'.
<SNIP>

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...g-two-weeks/UPI-85631354470782/#ixzz2Grx9a6pg
I always find things like this amusing. When posting something with one view of a person/theory, people say that nothing but a direct quote means anything, while posting something paraphrasing the opposing view will be proof that something is a fact. I'm not being critical, because I'm sure I've done the same thing myself. As I keep saying - it's (almost) all about perspective.

Dylan's parents also participated in Saturday's search. Mark Redwine, Dylan's father, was the last one to see his son. Redwine took a lie detector test and it was found inconclusive, which could mean a number of things

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...17707274/-/pj5977z/-/index.html#ixzz2Gw8I0iEl

Well that's the first I've seen anything about MR taking a LDT and it being inconclusive in the MSM. I wonder where they are getting this information from?

Has anybody thought about the rucksack being with Dylan was another decoy ?

I know some posters thought it may of been used as a weight ( makes me cold even thinking about that) but i am not sure if i agree with that .

I think with the bag gone and most of the stuff in the bag that the first thought (naturally) is a " run away" , bitter divorce and kid did not want to be there (IMO) and it straight away leads to that conclusion .

But if the bag was at home with all of Dylan's belongings in it that it does automatically mean you jump to a angry run away kid . As kids that run away do not leave all there belongings behind .

So the rucksack is a plant to make LE look in a different direction at first .

IMHO

Has anybody thought about the rucksack being with Dylan was another decoy ?

I know some posters thought it may of been used as a weight ( makes me cold even thinking about that) but i am not sure if i agree with that .

I think with the bag gone and most of the stuff in the bag that the first thought (naturally) is a " run away" , bitter divorce and kid did not want to be there (IMO) and it straight away leads to that conclusion .

But if the bag was at home with all of Dylan's belongings in it that it does automatically mean you jump to a angry run away kid . As kids that run away do not leave all there belongings behind .

So the rucksack is a plant to make LE look in a different direction at first .

IMHO

IF MR did it than that's exactly what I think.

Considering the idea of a random abduction -- if a stranger picked Dylan up, the backpack has yet to be dumped and/or found.

Although this case is nothing like Jessica's and whoever the perp is - is probably nothing like ARSigg (leaving a backpack in the middle of the road to taunt LE), I think it's worth looking at the backpack for a moment.

--One option is a perp might have disposed of the backpack -not trying to conceal it- at some point early on, perhaps not wanting to bring it close to his residence. That hasn't happened.
--Another option - he could've trashed it trying to get rid of the pack and contents, but I believe within a certain radius LE was monitoring trash dumps. Please don't ask me for a link or a story but I just assume at some point they were looking at trash dump sites/disposals. Even if they didn't start this until a week out and needed to extend the radius signifcantly, this seems a reasonable part of a missing person's investigation. Yet it doesn't seem anything of Dylan's has been found.
-- If the perp kept the backpack for some reason (trophies? didn't want to risk getting rid of evidence?), wouldn't the cell have pinged? No matter what excuse we've made for Dylan's cell not working from 8pm Sunday onward, unless the battery was taken out the phone should've pinged. I also don't think it's unreasonable to think a perp might power on their victim's cell phone for a brief moment just to check if there are panicked text messages coming in from loved ones. It seems a sicko would get a rush from that. Yet Sgt. Bender said there's been no activity on the phone and I imagine that's still the case.

IMO, it seems most likely that whoever disappeared Dylan wanted (and needed) the backpack and all of its contents to disappear too, to never be found again. It was as important that these items go missing without a trace so there's no evidence, no trace, and no real story to nail the perp down -- at least all IMO. I don't know what this means or how one makes this all disappear... Vallecito lake? the terrain in Bayfield?

I am trying to find the reference now, but I swear someone (maybe even ER) said that he passed on poly and was inconclusive on another. I remember the pass because a lot of people explained it away by saying MR is a master liar who could beat the machine.
If I cannot find a reference I will delete this message since I guess it is rumor or me remembering incorrectly.

IF MR did it in a fit of rage (and not premeditated) he would need to figure out how to cover his tracks after the fact. I think the fishing pole being missing was not by accident. I think the backpack and phone being missing was not by accident and I think the few items around MR's home were not by accident. I even think the tossing the football story was not by accident. IF MR did it I see all of these things as possible covers. Make it look like Dylan either A)took off to go fishing on his own B)ran away C)items in home prove he was there and disappeared Monday morning D) the football...the football story I cannot figure out yet.

Wow, 23 threads now? I've not kept up at all.. have any new facts at all emerged in the last week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell