TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well color me confused but does it seem they are trying to put the cart before the horse?

Usually they make an arrest then prepare for trial.

Thanks cocomod...I was just coming to post the link to the latest news.

Well color me confused but does it seem they are trying to put the cart before the horse?

Usually they make an arrest then prepare for trial.

Guess the DA isn't taking any chances! Hope they're keeping a close eye on the POI!

So, whoever this mysterious POI is, he/she is not considered a danger to anyone else.

Arrest may be near in Karen Swift murder

excerpts

"Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box says he's hoping results from forensic lab work will be back very soon. He says that evidence will be prepared in a courtroom presentation format.

"Currently we are not naming any suspects and will not name anyone until we feel it will benefit the case," stated Box."

and

"I don't want to speak badly about Karen," said attorney Steve Farese, "but there were some things going on that were quite unusual."

http://www.wmctv.com/story/19441454/arrest-may-be-near-in-karen-swift-murder

Arrest may be near in Karen Swift murder

excerpts

"Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box says he's hoping results from forensic lab work will be back very soon. He says that evidence will be prepared in a courtroom presentation format.

"Currently we are not naming any suspects and will not name anyone until we feel it will benefit the case," stated Box."

and

"I don't want to speak badly about Karen," said attorney Steve Farese, "but there were some things going on that were quite unusual."

bbm..

well this sounds like we may all be surprised when they finally make an arrest?

bbm..

Hi nurse! :seeya:

Sounds like he's preparing his client's defense by starting to trash the victim. Just can't imagine who else the POI is that LE hasn't been concerned about others being in danger all these months. Maybe I'm wrong......

MOO

Glad to see an update from the Sheriff. Don't know if he might release more details or if we are left waiting for another 3 months! I think it was in May that we last heard from Mr. Box and also Mr. Fares,.the Atty. for Mr. Swift. Glad to hear LE is preparing for trial, but not so glad to see that LE did not rule out or clear Mr. Swift.

Glad to see an update from the Sheriff. Don't know if he might release more details or if we are left waiting for another 3 months! I think it was in May that we last heard from Mr. Box and also Mr. Fares,.the Atty. for Mr. Swift. Glad to hear LE is preparing for trial, but not so glad to see that LE did not rule out or clear Mr. Swift.

Good point. What is noticeably missing from the announcement is clearing her husband as the POI.

:waitasec:

MOO

bbm..

Considering this is the husband's attorney...I would be shocked, not surprised, if the POI is someone else.

Hi nurse! :seeya:

Sounds like he's preparing his client's defense by starting to trash the victim. Just can't imagine who else the POI is that LE hasn't been concerned about others being in danger all these months. Maybe I'm wrong......

MOO

Nah. I doubt you're wrong. He insults folks by calling them ignorant? Sounds like the only "ignorant" person is him by trashing a murdered victim by throwing such unfounded accusations even before his client is charged with a crime.

"A lot of people say that. Those people are ignorant and don't know what they're talking about," said Farese.

Justice for Karen!! Can't wait to see the perp strut his sorry arse to prison.

No matter who the POI is, Le has no business saying that no one else is in danger, when a woman has been murdered. Even if the ex/almost ex-spouse is the POI, we've seen cases where men went on to harm or kill other wives or girlfriends. Or children. That is pretty irresponsible of them to say that. If they have evidence, arrest the person. You don't have to build your entire case in advance. Lots of times, additional evidence comes in by announcing who the POI is and making an arrest. The public may know more than they think they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth