NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

And if you have to write bad checks for everything, why would you take off in the company Tahoe which probably gets half the gas mileage of the Camry and add stealing a vehicle to the mix?

Unless you weren't going far...

Indeed. No smooth criminals here.

Often wondered if AB supposedly drove the gas doused SUV to work to "check out that job" on the Saturday. That would seem a little dangerous.

MOO

His support system is what changed, IMO. EB separated both AB and ZB from their support system.

SUCH a great point!!! Thank you for sharing Peliman :)

Why aren't there any photos of Adam and Zahra together??

Also, what I am having trouble understanding is this:

If you eventually wind up killing your daughter, after her being abused by her step-mother, your wife, why did you, prior to this, give her the cancer treatments, hearing aid, and prosthetic leg? Why show that much concern? It's weird. Did Adam at one point engage in his daughters life? I mean she gets chemo, gets the hearing aids, and leg... was it all a chirade to make her appear loved/sympathy for Adam?

When Elisa came into the picture, what changed, if anything??? I'm dying to know what Zahra's life was like PRE-Elisa and after Adam and Elisa married.

What changed IMO was he was no longer under the wing of his mother.

Often wondered if AB supposedly drove the gas doused SUV to work to "check out that job" on the Saturday. That would seem a little dangerous.

MOO

Right...and then come home and allegedly immediately start to do yard work.
Wouldnt you want to change your clothes? Wouldnt they wreak like gasoline?

Me thinks another "fairy tale" story and I don't believe the fear either. JMO

AF seems to be the only one who stayed connected to EB through all the family drama. IMO she really did fear her and didn't want to ever get on her bad side.

MOO

MOO

nice catch, what did he drive, the gasoline soaked SUV? The mystery monte carlo?

I figgure Grandmother took care of all of that.. AB expected stepmom to step into that role.. In his experence,that's what women did.. (IMOO)

Right...and then come home and allegedly immediately start to do yard work.
Wouldnt you want to change your clothes? Wouldnt they wreak like gasoline?

could he have driven the impala? (it wasn't seized with the initial two cars)

On page 6 of the search warrant there is a third car mentioned. An 05 Impala. It isn't mentioned anywhere in the nine pages that was released. Why wasn't it listed in the probable cause affidavit if they planned to search it? Did they take evidence from it?

News 14 Carolina was the first to obtain the search warrant issued October 10th. It is a front and back search warrant and three pages, front only, of narrative. From our review of the search warrant there is no mention of a 2005 Impala. We checked with the Catawba County Clerk of Courts Office Thursday evening in Hickory and Newton and they said no other warrants were available in this case. The probable cause affidavit we obtained only listed the Chevy Tahoe and Toyota Camry. Both vehicles were seized by the police department.

Thank you for your follow up question regarding the 2005 Impala that was listed on search warrant documents. The Catawba County Clerk of Court did not provide those additional supplemental forms to News 14 Carolina when we obtained the search warrant October 11. It's possible the supplemental forms were not available at the time. Clerks said Thursday there were no additional warrants on record. We will certainly continue to check for public record documents that are available on this investigation, though we've been told future warrants will be sealed. We will also ask about the 2005 Impala.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/zahra_baker_case/zahra_baker_questions/

****also bolded the part about future SWs being sealed... about two or so threads ago a poster had asked if there were any other SWs*****

Well.. I found EB (and someone that knows her) in IMVU. I set up a chat with them later this evening.

http://avatars.imvu.com/Guest_fairygirl6668

If anyone has any idea of what AB's online persona might be named, do let me know or just private message me. TIA

* I just learned that EB has an ALT there.. which as alternate screen name. The one at the link above hasn't been logged into since 2007. Searching for that ALT name...

Another thing I'm wondering about-one of the dogs died not too long ago.. I wonder if it was beaten to death? Animal abuse/child abuse often go together..

originally posted by peg4X4:
Another thing I'm wondering about-one of the dogs died not too long ago.. I wonder if it was beaten to death? Animal abuse/child abuse often go together..

Ahh, did not know that, and yes--great point. Perhaps LE should look into this.

did we know this??? also... I am wondering if he said he was out of town in the abc interview I transcribed when the reporter talked over top of him and I couldn't hear...

Why wasn't the father with Zahra, why did the stepmom have her?

We understand Zahra's father, Adam Baker, was out of town working from Thursday to the time she was reported missing Saturday at 2:30. Reports surfaced that he came home and Elisa Baker came running out of the house to tell him Zahra was gone.
Elisa Baker was with Zahra in May when she received the hearing aids from Starkey Hearing and Speedway Children's Charities. When News 14 Carolina interviewed Elisa Baker, she said she was Zahra's mom and didn't specify stepmom.

whaaaat??????

AF seems to be the only one who stayed connected to EB through all the family drama. IMO she really did fear her and didn't want to ever get on her bad side.

MOO

IMO, Amber should have been more concerned for a 10 year old child who was under the care of the mother Amber feared. Amber was not under the roof of Elisa and Amber had freedom to go anywhere in the world during the years Zahra was under the "armpits" of Elisa, of which, Zahra couldn't go anywhere.

IMO, Amber should have been more concerned for a 10 year old child who was under the care of the mother Amber feared. Amber was not under the roof of Elisa and Amber had freedom to go anywhere in the world during the years Zahra was under the "armpits" of Elisa, of which, Zahra couldn't go anywhere.

DSS was called by the family. They couldn't kidnap her.

MOO

could he have driven the impala? (it wasn't seized with the initial two cars)

****also bolded the part about future SWs being sealed... about two or so threads ago a poster had asked if there were any other SWs*****

and from the same source:

What's the story with the 70s Monte Carlo that Elisa was driving up to the time Zahra disappeared? Can't believe police have not found that yet.

We are unaware of a 1970's Monte Carlo being part of this investigation. Though Hickory Police are releasing few details since last Tuesday when this became a homicide investigation. Hickory Police do still ask anyone from the public with information about this family to come forward. They specifically want to talk to people who have seen Zahra Baker since September 25th or people who have insight to the little girl's home life. Hickory Police Department 828-261-2600.
~~~

Everything about this case is so convoluted... 4 potential cars? Really? Sigh...

It seems the last car he would have driven to "check out a job" would be one soaked with gas, unless he really really needed any "job-checking equipment" that might be in it? When I do field work, I use the company field vehicle, I wouldnt be able to jump in my car and go check out a site without all my work papers and gear that would be loaded in the field vehicle, KWIM?

I cant believe they would even own an 05 Impala because their ability to make the payments seems questionable. The 70s Monte Carlo I can believe easily...well, if there actually is one.

:confused:

did we know this??? also... I am wondering if he said he was out of town in the abc interview I transcribed when the reporter talked over top of him and I couldn't hear...

We understand Zahra's father, Adam Baker, was out of town working from Thursday to the time she was reported missing Saturday at 2:30. Reports surfaced that he came home and Elisa Baker came running out of the house to tell him Zahra was gone.
Elisa Baker was with Zahra in May when she received the hearing aids from Starkey Hearing and Speedway Children's Charities. When News 14 Carolina interviewed Elisa Baker, she said she was Zahra's mom and didn't specify stepmom.

whaaaat??????

I am really concerned about the answers that news14 is posting only because of one of the viewers question about whether Elisa had a cellphone and the reporters response: "This would be information only the investigators would have at this time."

However in the 911 fire call, Elisa clearly states to the operator about her cellphone number (paraphrasing).

http://media.charlotteobserver.com/images/save/firecall.mp3

I rate news14 at the VERY BOTTOM of the pile. They are doing a crappy job.

whaaaat??????

Yeah WHAATTT? That isn't what AB himself said, either on the 911 call OR that video interview. Something smells funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth