IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we really need to close the thread? rumors stay off of here and that includes random facebook postings. Links must be msm. Thank you and please.

New thread for the girls. Please post responsibly. Attack the post and not the poster.. and above all not the family. We are a victim friendly forum here and no one has been named as a suspect in this case.

I tried to attack a post, and I injured myself. Those things are anchored in the ground! Who knew?

*trying to think of something not against TOS to say.

Nup, can't.

I'll get off again...

:D

bbm: it seems to be an opinion. No, you didn't miss anything that I am finding in the news. I just wish these girls would come home now. I cannot believe they are still missing.

I can't believe it either. I really thought this one was going to be a case of lost at the lake and home safe and dehydrated!

But after the first few days, I just started thinking this would be like all of our babies with no closure.

Jumping off now;

I am usually a PDI (parents did it) kind of person but in this case, regardless of the past histories, I just don't get that vibe.

I think you WSers who are on the trail of folks associated to the family may be pretty warm. But I also can't discount random perp. There is way too much we don't know.

I hope we will get some answers soon. And these girls back home safe.

It's the concrete, HM. Apparently it dries kinda hard.

Have you tried a white van?

Not yet. And you are not the first person to suggest it!

I sure will help my sanity if this ends with two little girls in the arms of their loving families.

I don't get the feeling others may have that the case is about to break; wish
I did. Instead I get the feeling I have in lots of other cases, that some family members will remain in the "spotlight" without being able to clear or charge them, and meanwhile, we don't know if someone totally unrelated got away with a horrible crime. Too many examples to cite.

Not yet. And you are not the first person to suggest it!

I sure will help my sanity if this ends with two little girls in the arms of their loving families.

I couldn't agree more.

It becomes a heavy pall over my mood when time after time these sweet, innocent faces we learn by heart just get filed away along with WAY too many of their fellow children.

I just cannot fathom if it were my own child. I honestly don't think I'd come back from that.

I think that's why we joke and laugh; so that we don't drown in this.

Ok, sorry for the maudlin bit. I just hope so so so much for two happy endings here......:)

I don't get the feeling others may have that the case is about to break; wish
I did. Instead I get the feeling I have in lots of other cases, that some family members will remain in the "spotlight" without being able to clear or charge them, and meanwhile, we don't know if someone totally unrelated got away with a horrible crime. Too many examples to cite.

I know, I know. :(

I couldn't agree more.

It becomes a heavy pall over my mood when time after time these sweet, innocent faces we learn by heart just get filed away along with WAY too many of their fellow children.

I just cannot fathom if it were my own child. I honestly don't think I'd come back from that.

I think that's why we joke and laugh; so that we don't drown in this.

Ok, sorry for the maudlin bit. I just hope so so so much for two happy endings here......:)

For those of us who have been here a while...it is especially sad in that there are so many who lose the spotlight so quickly, and life seemingly resumes as though they never existed. I am sure that is NOT the case for the families, but you never hear from any of them, or rarely. I don't know if I could stay out of the news stations, except for time spent at the police station...I think I would be trotting back and forth between the two for the rest of my days...

You people are so good at this, that I've been going nuts (not a long trip!) trying to come up with something that hasn't already been said here at least once or 10 times...

One thing I didn't see, but may have just missed, is: if the paddleboat is somehow involved in this, the person/people who used it must be someone who knows the owner/s well enough to know that nobody would be home. It's also possible that s/he/they would also be known to the neighbors at least by sight so they wouldn't be suspiscious and call LE while they were on the lake.

You people are so good at this, that I've been going nuts (not a long trip!) trying to come up with something that hasn't already been said here at least once or 10 times...

One thing I didn't see, but may have just missed, is: if the paddleboat is somehow involved in this, the person/people who used it must be someone who knows the owner/s well enough to know that nobody would be home. It's also possible that s/he/they would also be known to the neighbors at least by sight so they wouldn't be suspiscious and call LE while they were on the lake.

Are we sure that anyone saw the paddle boat being used originally, or did the owners simply report that it had been used in their absence? I am confused about that. And that LE may be trying to find any possible witnesses to this alleged event?

For those of us who have been here a while...it is especially sad in that there are so many who lose the spotlight so quickly, and life seemingly resumes as though they never existed. I am sure that is NOT the case for the families, but you never hear from any of them, or rarely. I don't know if I could stay out of the news stations, except for time spent at the police station...I think I would be trotting back and forth between the two for the rest of my days...

I only have one child, but I wonder how hard it must be to pull your s**t together and be a proper mom to the kids you still have when your heart is torn apart for your missing baby.

Because you sort of HAVE to, don't you? You simply have to get up every day and live for those other children and also comfort them, when inside you are in tatters.

How can so darn many of these cases just go cold??? How do the parents (who aren't the perps) find the strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth