Elisa Baker - Life Before Adam

What's interesting to me about this article is that Aaron stated they haven't lived together as man and wife since May 29, 2008.

Young and Elisa were married on Aug. 8, 1998 in Cherokee, S.C., according to court documents. The cause given for the divorce was that the couple had not lived together as man and wife since May 29, 2008.

So prior to May 29 2008 they were living as man and wife? Elisa Baker went to Australia some time in May but met Adam Baker a few months before - he was posting on her myspace in Feb 2008. I wonder if she was still with Aaron when she met Adam online?

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/19/elisa-baker-guilty-bigamy-ar-549445/

Well maybe she told AY she was going on a vacation to Australia and stayed there and got married. :crazy:

So he claims that she was living, as man and wife, with him when she left for Australia which was around the 15th of May I believe. :waitasec:

They stopped living together as man and wife on May 29, 2008 and she married AB on July 28, 2008?? So 2 months between leaving Aaron or him kicking her out...whatever occurred there...and being "married" to someone else? Sounds like they quit living as man and wife when she ran off to Australia! <EB> seems to have a constant need for a man or men in her life so she just overlaps the relationships so she is never alone!

Wait...she filed under her married name of Baker? :waitasec:

(I need more coffee. Lots more.)

IIRC AY is the one that filed for divorce in the US (she claimed she had divorced him in Australia). He probably didn't know what name to use for her so he just used what she was going by at the time.

Young and Elisa were married on Aug. 8, 1998 in Cherokee, S.C., according to court documents. The cause given for the divorce was that the couple had not lived together as man and wife since May 29, 2008.

Again she gets married in South Carolina. Well records show another marriage in South Carolina at that time and that divorce wasn't granted until November 1999, so how did she marry AY in 1998? I'd say EB has multiple cases of bigamy going on here. I guess the confusion regarding the records for the two different states has allowed her to do this and get away with it several times. It's probably always the guys who eventually file for divorce after she has moved on.

MOO

She had a marriage in SC in 1998?
She also has a marriage in 1997 in NC and married AY in SC in 1998???? considering the mandatory one year separation.....well you do the math.

I'm still confused (big understatement there). If AY and EB were married in SC, wouldn't they have had to reside in SC for a set period of time before they would be eligible to marry there? And if they were divorced in SC, wouldn't that also have been the case? Or can someone live in NC, pop down to SC, get married, pop back to NC, live out their marriage in NC, and then just pop back to SC for a divorce?

I'm still confused (big understatement there). If AY and EB were married in SC, wouldn't they have had to reside in SC for a set period of time before they would be eligible to marry there? And if they were divorced in SC, wouldn't that also have been the case? Or can someone live in NC, pop down to SC, get married, pop back to NC, live out their marriage in NC, and then just pop back to SC for a divorce?

That's the thing, she never lived in SC and never got divorced there either. All the divorces were filed in NC, most likely by the men. I think she just decided that when she moved on she was no longer married. She never bothered with the legalities of a divorce and remarried to gain new aliases at will.

MOO

You have to be a resident for 6 months to get a divorce in that state if married in another.

Oh what a tangled web we weave..................:waitasec:

That's the thing, she never lived in SC and never got divorced there either. All the divorces were filed in NC, most likely by the men. I think she just decided that when she moved on she was no longer married. She never bothered with the legalities of a divorce and remarried to gain new aliases at will.

MOO

As someone else said, it shows her character in having no regard for law. It seems to me that she thought she was above it all. Illusions of grandeur?

She had a marriage in SC in 1998?
She also has a marriage in 1997 in NC and married AY in SC in 1998???? considering the mandatory one year separation.....well you do the math.

She had a marriage in 1997 ?!
I know she was married to JA in 1998 (because I too questioned the 1 yr. separation rule in relation to her marriage to AY)
Who was she married to in 1997?

Can someone post a timeline for all her marriages and divorces please? I have the Caldwell county marriage dates but not the divorces.

I have the records from ancestry.com. I know you have to sign up but you can also get a 14 day free trial. Can I post them?

Well, I have only one question? At what point can we call this a er pattern of behavior?!

This is a mess. Will the real mr EB (EY) (EF) please stand up?

Here is the timeline I have for NC in Caldwell county (public record) but I don't have the divorce dates. Heck there probably never was any!

JAW to EB - 1985 - NC Caldwell county

JRA to EB - 1997 - NC Caldwell county

AY to EB - 1998 - Cherokee SC

I have the records from ancestry.com. I know you have to sign up but you can also get a 14 day free trial. Can I post them?

I don't see why not, much of this info is already printed in MSM, and the subject of bigamy is now MSM.

But that's JMO. Better wait for clarification from a mod, I guess.

As someone else said, it shows her character in having no regard for law. It seems to me that she thought she was above it all. Illusions of grandeur?

Not only does she have no regard for the law, but she has no regard for other human beings. These were real people that she duped. All of them.

MOO

I know a lot of people from NC who have gone to Gatlinburg, TN to get married. You don't have to live there to get married in SC either. This is from their site about marriage licenses:

Q:
Do you have to be a resident of South Carolina to get married in South Carolina?

A:
No, however, if you apply for and receive a South Carolina marriage license you must marry in South Carolina

http://www.cherokeecountyprobate.com/webpage.faqmarriage.htm

as someone else said, it shows her character in having no regard for law.

Or for the feelings or good names of the people with whom she was in these relationships! (ETA: Kamille GMTA huh?)

AY: victim of EB's deception along with AB, or willing participant? He went along with the "brother" story for some time at least--to both AB and the neighbor that we know of.

Where's that coffee....

I know a lot of people from NC who have gone to Gatlinburg, TN to get married. You don't have to live there to get married in SC either. This is from their site about marriage licenses:

Q:
Do you have to be a resident of South Carolina to get married in South Carolina?

A:
No, however, if you apply for and receive a South Carolina marriage license you must marry in South Carolina

http://www.cherokeecountyprobate.com/webpage.faqmarriage.htm

I think you can have your ceremony there but you have to get your marriage license here first. I am always confused with that one.

Here is the timeline I have for NC in Caldwell county (public record) but I don't have the divorce dates. Heck there probably never was any!

JAW to EB - 1985 - NC Caldwell county

JRA to EB - 1997 - NC Caldwell county

AY to EB - 1998 - Cherokee SC

Yeah, that's right...she was married to JA in 1997, not 1998. AY was 1998. AB was 2008.

(Really hard keeping all this straight.)

Sounds like a whole web of crazy people!! What I don't get is HOW did EB get all these men to fall for her?? She must have something we don't know about OR she just seeks out the really desperate ones. I don't see where she is such a prize. She's not a knockout, she has no money, no job, no education......I don't get it!

I think you can have your ceremony there but you have to get your marriage license here first. I am always confused with that one.

I don't think so. My cousin got married in Gatlinburg. They just went and got the license in Gatlinburg when they got there and got married the next day. A license is only good in the state that issued it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back