TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could ask the private detective any question or the pastor who counseled Lori.. What would you ask??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you could ask the private detective any question or the pastor who counseled Lori.. What would you ask??

what do you know about lori that hasnt been made public?????

Ask about the way she dressed and her mannerism , how was she when she was at church was she kind talkitive,etc....

Another thought.. Either the information request was not fully honored or Velling did not investigate or interview much. When I was an agent , to my great annoyance, I had to write a written memo to the case file for EVERYTHING. If I drove by a house that was part of the case I had to make a memo. If I intervie need anyone... Memo. If I took a call or got a lead... Memo. If I had a dream about it... Well I am sure they wanted a memo, haha.. What I am getting at is there are HUGE gaps of information I that release. There would be notes on the Idaho ID, on the interview of the family in Idaho, on the PO box in Nevada, on the boyfriend. I see NONE of that an honestly those would be very informative. Any ideas ?

What the FoIA request got us was the records of Velling's first month of investigations. Because the request produced two copies of this record (one redacted & one untouched), I suspect a second record exists which the clerk intended to include but accidentally omitted. From other hints -- a NAMUS file was opened in early February 2012, about 3 months after Velling started the investigation, he approached the Seattle Times about a year later for help from the general public, the fact reported by the Times that he came across LEK's Idaho ID card just before the article was published -- the leads he had to work with all went dead very quickly. Considering that this was a low-priority crime by a deceased person, & his primary motivation was as a favor to a congressman, he probably never had many resources to use in this case. Had he more resources, he might have been able to learn more & maybe find out what her birth name was. Velling thought this would be an easy case to crack, & when his usual tricks didn't crack it he was forced to drop it. There was no pressing need for him to identify her, so he never seriously thought outside his usual routines to solve the mystery. And lastly, there are a lot of bad people out there needing to be apprehended, so he probably made one more report explaining his failure to identify her to the congressmen (&/or the Ruffs), & moved on.

So, in brief, no one can deny that there is a lot more in the SSA's file about this investigation. But what we probably know most of what he did in this case. Chasing down possible solutions such as LEK being related to the LeBarons/Chenoweths was not only beyond his resources, they probably never occurred to him. Amateurs on Websleuths (& Reddit) likely have dug further into the mystery of LEK's birth identity than Velling ever did.

Just as a final, pessimistic thought: had LEK been some suburban, middle-class girl who simply decided to abandon her family & life to move to Dallas because she thought it was a cool idea & actually wasn't running away from anything ... we may never know what her birth name was. Her family never reported her missing because they could send her letters -- she maintained mail boxes until 1995, if not later -- & she probably sent cards at Christmas, so they accommodated this quirk for years until they eventually lost touch. They still think LEK is alive & well in Dallas, not knowing about her subsequent mysterious life & her suicide.

hmmm....A favor to a congressman...... I forgot that little tidbit, does that just scream "mystery novel " or what ? is said congressman friend of the Ruffs? do we know who he is ?

hmmm....a favor to a congressman...... I forgot that little tidbit, does that just scream "mystery novel " or what ? Is said congressman friend of the ruffs? Do we know who he is ?

sounds like more covering up to me!!!!!!!

hmmm....A favor to a congressman...... I forgot that little tidbit, does that just scream "mystery novel " or what ? is said congressman friend of the Ruffs? do we know who he is ?
Congressman's name is Dan Boren from Oklahoma. It was in the FoIA documents.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

He is in Oklahoma

Ok. So I just got a PM from a guy who says he was Lori/Blakes neighbor in Leonard. He stated he was the original PI who helped the ruffs and he worked on the case for 3 months. I asked him some info:
Did you find the Idaho Id? He said it was in the lockbox and he is the one who opened the box.
He said Blake did not want to know what Lori's background was. He said the parents and brother are the ones who did.
He said he went to their church and he and the pastor are friends ( the pastor who counseled the ruffs)
He said there were TWO suicide notes. One was a duplicate. One was in the SUV and one at her home. He said they were addressed to her daughter ONLY. I will ask questions y'all want to know. Just post here.
What is weird is I thought Velling found the Idaho ID later.
I have no way to confirm this guy but he does live in Leonard. He gave
Me the pastors name.
Thoughts?
By the way he contact d me because his wife saw my post on the McKinney moms page about Lori's ID possibly being found and he was messaging me to find out if I knew who she was.

I'd like to know why he stopped working on the case?

I'd also like to know if he think he got anywhere in finding out her old ID?

Finally, would he like to join us here?

This guy was Blakes and Lori Neighbor who did pi work,,, not Veilling just want to clarify...

Those are good questions ......I just cant get past Blake NOT wanting to know ???

Those are good questions ......I just cant get past Blake NOT wanting to know ???

Maybe he do know, just didn't want his family to know , cause they wouldn't approve and when she died he just keep it to him self.

This guy was Blakes and Lori Neighbor who did pi work,,, not Veilling just want to clarify...

I know, just wondering why he stopped working the case; was it because Blake asked him not to, or because he found no leads?

I'd love him to come here and comment on some of our theories.

Why would a neighbor who didn't know them well, be asked to open the lockbox or even be there? Where was Blake at the time? Maybe i missed this .

Ok. So I just got a PM from a guy who says he was Lori/Blakes neighbor in Leonard. He stated he was the original PI who helped the ruffs and he worked on the case for 3 months. I asked him some info:
Did you find the Idaho Id? He said it was in the lockbox and he is the one who opened the box.
He said Blake did not want to know what Lori's background was. He said the parents and brother are the ones who did.
He said he went to their church and he and the pastor are friends ( the pastor who counseled the ruffs)
He said there were TWO suicide notes. One was a duplicate. One was in the SUV and one at her home. He said they were addressed to her daughter ONLY. I will ask questions y'all want to know. Just post here.
Me the pastors name.
Thoughts?
By the way he contact d me because his wife saw my post on the McKinney moms page about Lori's ID possibly being found and he was messaging me to find out if I knew who she was.

Are his initials SR? Thats the only PI I see in Leonard.

Ok. So I just got a PM from a guy who says he was Lori/Blakes neighbor in Leonard. He stated he was the original PI who helped the ruffs and he worked on the case for 3 months....

I will ask questions y'all want to know. Just post here...

RSBM. Wow. Thank you. I'm a loyal follower, but seldom post on this thread.

I would like to know what the PI gathered from his interactions with the Ruffs. I have always thought Lori didn't fit in with the family and maybe they ostracized her a bit and controlled/influenced her husband. Not trying to bad mouth her in-laws, just curious what the PI might say.

What does he think of Blake (once again, not questioning the husband, but the info released paints him as a strange person--smart yet very easily influenced)? Has he met with the husband alone? Is the husband upset with his family for being intrusive?

Is there anything the PI can tell us that has not been published in the past? (Like he found out what 402 meant, etc.)

What else the preacher said about Lori and how she behaved?

Did he go to the house or did they bring the lock box to him? If he went to the house, was it completely filthy or just messy? (Just curious as to her state of mind.)

I think you'll be able to tell if he's legit by his answers.

Me the pastors name.
Thoughts?

It would be amazing if he would join us! I have a few questions but an ongoing discussion would be most productive. I'll post my questions anyway:
1) He is a neighbor, right? Did he ever see visitors to Blake & Lori's home?
2) Who kept up the outside of the home? Did they pay someone to mow once a week or did Lori have flowers that she tended?
3) It sounds like they lived kind of out in the country. Was it odd that Lori walked the perimeter of their lot as opposed to walking up the road & back? I think the idea of an evening walk around the yard seems so odd to some, but maybe there was a reason the road wasn't really walkable. Maybe it was very narrow or poorly lit. Anyway, I have the image of an animal pacing at the zoo when I think about Lori walking the perimeter of the yard, it might have just been a totally normal evening stroll, especially if she was watering flowerbeds or something.
4) Were there other guns in the home? We're Lori & Blake "gun people"?
5) What were the Arizona phone book pages for? Yellow pages? White pages? Anything he remembers.

It is interesting that he contacted you, says to me that there is still a bit of local curiosity about her. Hopefully he is comfortable talking with us!

The times article says the brother in law opened the lock box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member