CT CT - New Britain, WhtMale 30-40, UP14397, in abandoned bldg, winterish clothes, Aug'83

rats

Justice for Sheridan Jane Doe.
Reaction score
NamUs: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14397

Case #: H83-1796
Date found: August 21, 1983
Estimated age: 30-40
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 68 inches
Body conditions: Not recognizable - near complete or complete skeleton
Probable year of death: 1983 to 1983
Estimated postmortem interval: 3 weeks

Circumstances:

Found in an abandoned building

Clothing:

Black/brown pants, maroon/red thermal pants, cotton boxers, Purple long sleeved front zipper close neck sweater, long sleeved thermal shirts

DNA: Sample submitted - tests not complete

No recon, surprisingly. Also, no rule outs?

Why was he wearing such warm clothes (thermals, layers, sweaters) if he supposedly died late July/very early August? That's when the northeast gets really hot... If he died July 30th, the high was 91 and the low was 73. (According to https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo= ) I wouldn't wear thermals in that weather.

It's possible he died during withdrawals from heroin. Heroin withdrawal can make you cold/clammy and get cold sweats. Maybe he bundled up to stay warm although it was hot outside.

I don't know any homeless people who wear all their clothes at once during summer. They carry them in a duffel bag or even a plastic bag.

I think that's really plausible, Jess!!!

Also, got an email last night saying his DNA is now Sample submitted - tests complete. Whoo!

Donald Gatti
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3287/84/
Last seen November 1982
Missing from New Britain
Height: 70 inches
Circumstances: "Unknown, Donald has a gambling problem"

If he was last seen in November and died soon after, that explains the winter clothes the body was found in.

I wonder what happened to his car.

Although the clothes are a bit warm for summer, they're not really warm enough for winter in Connecticut, either. But probably aboutright for daytime in average November or March.

If he was homeless and sleeping in the building, he might have put on the extra layer in place of a blanket. Nights in New England can get chilly even in summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted Donald. The NAMUS contact said she'd bring it to the attention of LE to do a DNA comparison with the UID.

This case was reassigned to me. I'll be looking into the connection between the unknown body located on High Street and Donald Gatti.

It's possible he died during withdrawals from heroin. Heroin withdrawal can make you cold/clammy and get cold sweats. Maybe he bundled up to stay warm although it was hot outside.

I don't know any homeless people who wear all their clothes at once during summer. They carry them in a duffel bag or even a plastic bag.

It's definitely possible, although my first thought was schizophrenia. I had a schizophrenic neighbour who would always wear his winter clothes during summer even though it was very hot outside.

Today, I met with Donald's son who provided a DNA sample which will be submitted to the state lab for further analysis. We are still waiting for information from the 126 High Street case to see if there are any other similarities. Unfortunately, the case is so old and the records room has been moved so many times we have not been able to locate the file yet. The ME who responded to that incident is currently on vacation.

Today, I met with Donald's son who provided a DNA sample which will be submitted to the state lab for further analysis. We are still waiting for information from the 126 High Street case to see if there are any other similarities. Unfortunately, the case is so old and the records room has been moved so many times we have not been able to locate the file yet. The ME who responded to that incident is currently on vacation.

Great to have you and your insight here on the forum Kiely400, welcome.

Thank you for the update!!

If you find it, is there any hope of getting a facial reconstruction done? I feel like that would really aid identification! Also, are dental records going to be put into the system?

ETA: Today was also the anniversary of him being found! (It is 8/21/17 still in my time zone, so the time zone he was found in). Now that it has been 34 years, I really wish that there were some developments at all. Next year, he will hopefully be identified.

I wouldn't get the hopes up on the facial reconstruction at this point and as for his dental records, I couldn't locate anything on file for him. Best bet right now seems to be this DNA comparison between the High Street body and Gatti. The lab will run the DNA from the son through the system afterwards to see if there is any other hits. I'll keep you updated.

I wouldn't get the hopes up on the facial reconstruction at this point and as for his dental records, I couldn't locate anything on file for him. Best bet right now seems to be this DNA comparison between the High Street body and Gatti. The lab will run the DNA from the son through the system afterwards to see if there is any other hits. I'll keep you updated.

Thank you!!! :) We appreciate it!

Very good to have you "on board"....appreciating your open communication...making working together possible.

No shoes found?....hmmmm...body dumped?....shoes stolen? Not possessed shoes?

Quick update. Today I was contacted by the State of CT lab who informed me that they could not directly test Gatti's sons DNA sample with the sample from the unknown body located on High Street. Per the labs request, I was able to track down Gatti's niece who is the daughter of Gatti's sister. This sample should be sufficient to make the comparison. This sample is being submitted next week and we should have results within the next two to three weeks.

The Lab should receive the DNA this week so we should have an idea of where we are at within the next week or two.

The Lab should receive the DNA this week so we should have an idea of where we are at within the next week or two.

It's so great to have you on here sharing updates, thank you.

Any update on the DNA test results?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan