Who related to this case is arrested now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee10

Reaction score
Up until a day ago, I didn't understand we could start threads & I am trying to abide by the rules; it is tough to pick a generic title. I wanted to do this one "Is LE going to start arresting the Cummings side of the family"? But never mind. :angel:

Family member of Haleigh Cummings jailed in Putnam County on gun charge

The latest wrinkle in the story has nothing to do with then 5-year-old Satsuma girl's disappearance. Freddie Wayne Cummings — the uncle of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings — was charged Sunday with firing a gun in public after some family fisticuffs outside a Putnam County bar.

Cummings, a 61-year-old Lake Como resident, was at the Hide Away Bar in the 200 block of Old Highway 17 shortly before midnight Saturday when the hits started coming, according to a Putnam County Sheriff's Office incident report.

He was with his brother, Jack Lester Cummings, 49, sister, Annie Lee Lucas, 51, and girlfriend, Debra Gray, 58. They were talking about money when things began to escalate, the report said.

The brothers went outside and exchanged blows until Freddie Cummings pulled out a gun and fired twice — once in the air and once in the ground. Bartender Melissa Spoon told the Times-Union Cummings slapped her when she tried to break up the fight and also punched his sister.

Cummings was taken to the Putnam County jail and booked on the gun charge. Bail was set at $504. Domestic and simple battery charges were forwarded to the State Attorney's Office, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Each of the feuding family members appeared intoxicated, the report said.

Other witnesses at the bar told deputies the incident was a "family thing."Employees at the Hide Away Bar helped raise money for the Cummings family in March, about a month after Haleigh went missing.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...igh_cummings_jailed_in_putnam_county_on_gun_c

Other witnesses at the bar told deputies the incident was a "family thing." Sooo...that is acceptable & everyone should turn a blind eye??? Maybe that is what is wrong with this case...it is a family matter??? Bad joke I know, just saying. :banghead:

Yeah, Dee, what is 'normal and acceptable' in this family left little Haleigh, and now Jr., hanging in the breeze. Too bad. I believe Haleigh was drugged the night she died so that she would sleep and not be 'trouble'. I also think it likely Ron came home before Misti got home, found Haleigh dead, disposed of her body, and returned very shortly after Misti arrived. Misti may really NOT know fully what happened to Haleigh, she just shares responsibility because she ditched the kids after that 8:30 fight. She may have thought Haleigh would just sleep til she got back if she was drugged. She may well have done that successfully before. Too many people do. Reference Madeleine McCann's parents, physicians yet! Madeleine is still missing.

Appears alcohol and the Cummings family doesn't mix well

It is amazing on the Scanner Thread how many times the players in this case and their families are pulled over, arrested, call in, etc. It's worth a trip down there to see if you haven't been there already.

I can only imagine what a family reunion is like.

So the Cummings family was holding a fundraiser at a bar. hmmmmmmm

Has anyone sleuthed Annie Lee Lucas? What do we know about her?

Get em drunk and let them put money in the jars...

I have a feeling we are just getting to the tip of the iceberg with this clan...

In a few minutes, I'm going to pull this thread for review. The reason is that there has been a question as to whether we are going to report players' arrests in the public forum, or keep them on the Scanner Thread. Unfortunately, I don't have the time at the moment to work on it and I want Chicoliving's input as well. No one did anything wrong!

I'll update what happened in the thread downstairs that I have going. It may not be until later this afternoon before we have it back up and that is only because Chico and I aren't here at the same time to discuss it. No big deal, k?

Up until a day ago, I didn't understand we could start threads & I am trying to abide by the rules; it is tough to pick a generic title. I wanted to do this one "Is LE going to start arresting the Cummings side of the family"? But never mind. :angel:

Family member of Haleigh Cummings jailed in Putnam County on gun charge

The latest wrinkle in the story has nothing to do with then 5-year-old Satsuma girl's disappearance. Freddie Wayne Cummings — the uncle of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings — was charged Sunday with firing a gun in public after some family fisticuffs outside a Putnam County bar.

Cummings, a 61-year-old Lake Como resident, was at the Hide Away Bar in the 200 block of Old Highway 17 shortly before midnight Saturday when the hits started coming, according to a Putnam County Sheriff's Office incident report.

He was with his brother, Jack Lester Cummings, 49, sister, Annie Lee Lucas, 51, and girlfriend, Debra Gray, 58. They were talking about money when things began to escalate, the report said.

The brothers went outside and exchanged blows until Freddie Cummings pulled out a gun and fired twice — once in the air and once in the ground. Bartender Melissa Spoon told the Times-Union Cummings slapped her when she tried to break up the fight and also punched his sister.

Cummings was taken to the Putnam County jail and booked on the gun charge. Bail was set at $504. Domestic and simple battery charges were forwarded to the State Attorney's Office, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Each of the feuding family members appeared intoxicated, the report said.

Other witnesses at the bar told deputies the incident was a "family thing."Employees at the Hide Away Bar helped raise money for the Cummings family in March, about a month after Haleigh went missing.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...igh_cummings_jailed_in_putnam_county_on_gun_c

Guns, booze, and how many women did he hit but was not booked on?

Where was that said? The bar did that months ago iirc

I misread Flossie! you are right, it was held in March the fundraiser. I am going to link the first article i read, and in the first sentence, it can be misleading b/c they don't mention the fundraiser was held in March. I found this out after reading a second article on this incident. :banghead: :banghead:

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-12-16/story/law_disorder_robbers_shut_2_in_freezer

i believe it is the third article on the page, you have to scroll down a bit :)

Second Article-

Boy i am a hot mess this morning!

I never thought it was held at the present time. To me I thought the article referred to the beginning, at least, that is how I took it.

Sounds like a sensitive issue....

Family doesn't need money now, they have plenty from all their pics, videos and appearances.

If arrests are public knowledge and can be linked, why can't they be discussed here? I don't understand....just inquiring..

Suppose we will all find out later, as I just reread your post above..

If arrests are public knowledge and can be linked, why can't they be discussed here? I don't understand....just inquiring..

Suppose we will all find out later, as I just reread your post above..

Yes, we will find out. Thanks for being patient!

I'm going to pull the thread in about 2 minutes. If anyone asks, please refer them to the Parking Lot where I explained there. :blowkiss:

Chicoliving was able to get back to me faster than I thought she would! The green light is on. Just be sure the information can be backed up. The crew in the Scanner Thread can help you with that if you need them. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong