New Poll! Do you think essential evidence has been lost?

Do you think essential evidence has been lost?

• No

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I don't think a thorough investigation was completed.

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com
Do you think essential evidence has been lost? This is only for people's opinion and thoughts. Feel free to comment. Thank you for voting.

Hard to vote on this one, as with no search warrants, we have no idea if a thorough investigation was undertaken in the first place.:twocents:

Not only do I believe essential evidence was lost, I believe it was intentionally lost.

In my opinion, potential items of evidence were never collected to begin with, nor were potential sources of evidence thoroughly examined, based on my viewings of the official investigative findings that were released on Sept. 2 during the press conference, and based on multiple readings of the autopsy report, as well as statements made to the media by investigators.

MOO

Hard to vote on this one, as with no search warrants, we have no idea if a thorough investigation was undertaken in the first place.:twocents:

I agree, Sunnie. Unless the public is given access to the search warrant affidavit(s) and/or the search warrant(s), as well as any item(s) seized, there's no way to know exactly what the investigators were looking for (or what the investigation may have been focused on), or what was removed as potential evidence.

IIRC, news media reported early on that a roll of carpet & perhaps a mirror or some sort of large framed picture were removed from the residence, but we've never heard anything more about these items.

One thing is certain - the white wicker chair that was overturned in the crime scene bedroom was not marked as an item of evidence, according to the official PC on Sept. 2. How odd is that??? To enter a crime scene, to see an overturned chair, and to not mark it as potential evidence???

I guess the "breeze" blew it over.

I for one, want to hear both 911 calls! Why haven't they been released?
Isn't that public info?

I agree, Sunnie. Unless the public is given access to the search warrant affidavit(s) and/or the search warrant(s), as well as any item(s) seized, there's no way to know exactly what the investigators were looking for (or what the investigation may have been focused on), or what was removed as potential evidence.

IIRC, news media reported early on that a roll of carpet & perhaps a mirror or some sort of large framed picture were removed from the residence, but we've never heard anything more about these items.

One thing is certain - the white wicker chair that was overturned in the crime scene bedroom was not marked as an item of evidence, according to the official PC on Sept. 2. How odd is that??? To enter a crime scene, to see an overturned chair, and to not mark it as potential evidence???

I guess the "breeze" blew it over.

Hey. If breeze can close the door that opens on the inside, I fail to see why it could not overturn a chair. To close the door, that must have been some powerful breeze!

Hey. If breeze can close the door that opens on the inside, I fail to see why it could not overturn a chair. To close the door, that must have been some powerful breeze!
I hate using personal anecdotes, but I have a bedroom door that opens on the inside, and it often gets closed from a breeze through the windows. Very common. You see it happen in movies. There are three windows in that room, two on the side and one on the wall oposite the doors.

Jenny - you crack me up!

Where I live, the wind always opens my doors when it gusts into the room. I always say "Hello" just in case it's a long-gone relative come to pay a visit - I don't want to be inhospitable, after all.

Do you think if I lay my chairs on their sides, the wind might set them upright?

Heck - maybe the wind will make my beds, too!

Jenny - you crack me up!

Where I live, the wind always opens my doors when it gusts into the room. I always say "Hello" just in case it's a long-gone relative come to pay a visit - I don't want to be inhospitable, ya know.

Do you think if I lay my chairs on their sides, the wind might set them upright?

Heck - maybe the wind will make my beds, too!

I don't know what's so strange about the wind closing doors. People have gotten locked out of their houses when the wind closed a door.

I don't know what's so strange about the wind closing doors. People have gotten locked out of their houses when the wind closed a door.

Well one of the doors was bolted in the floor. How would the breeze close or open that one?

I hate using personal anecdotes, but I have a bedroom door that opens on the inside, and it often gets closed from a breeze through the windows. Very common. You see it happen in movies. There are three windows in that room, two on the side and one on the wall oposite the doors.

When looking @ the floor plan (and photos) of the house, there are actually 2 windows on the side, and the other window (that overlooks the courtyard to the left of the balcony doors) is in the hallway leading to the bedroom (based on the dimensions of the room).

http://www.trulia.com/property/photos/1039341000-1043-Ocean-Blvd-Coronado-CA-92118#item-1

I voted I don't know.

Great poll, I hope that more people respond, because I know that there are super sleuthers here that know much, much more about this case than I do, and there are and proably always be so many unanswered questions about how Rebecca died. My heart goes out to her family, it's such a horrible tragedy.

Sophie - I agree that it's entirely possible that a breeze may have blown through one of the side windows & closed the left balcony door.

What I find completely unacceptable is that it was offered as an excuse by Lt. Nesbit in a media telephone interview with News 8 as to why the left balcony door may have been closed during the photographing of a crime scene, especially since the door had been open prior to the photo being taken.

As I stated in another post on another thread, if I was a CSI, I would be embarrassed & ashamed to offer that as an answer to questions regarding why my crime scene photo of a door did not depict that door in its original, unaltered position upon entering that crime scene.

If I was a CSI, and a breeze blew the door shut before I had photographed it, I would have reopened that door before taking the photo.

Before we all run with "breeze closed the door" idea, we don't even know if these windows were open.

I voted that I don't think a thorough investigation took place. Because Coronado doesn't have a "fit" police department (or even a homicide division) they relied on SDSD, which doesn't handle all that many homicide cases (let alone those in Coronado). After reading months and months of articles in the San Diego Union Tribune, I get the distinct idea they just wanted to be done with it, and not investigate anything that would be considered murder. It's much easier on the budget KWIM.

JMHO.

Mel

I voted yes but I also think it was not thoroughly investigated. We know YES is correct just from the phone calls (SDSO said they could have retrieved that message at 12:50 am for a week after it was left), let alone whatever else there is or may be. I believe if you do not do a through investigation before the crime scene is released, you've lost information. You also loose infomration if you do not throughly interview people immediately - we don't know if those folks claiming they saw someone walking around the house at 10 pm or hearing screams (or whatever) at 11:30 were investigated. We don't know if they could thoroughly investigate Jonah's phones since they waited until August 24th. And so on ... and on and on, it seems.

Big money walks in big shoes, heavy shoes. Those shoes are in complete control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23