Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, her family is at the scene?
Heartbreaking.

They are searching according to ISP.

Ben Bradley
More: Bio, Blog, Twitter, News Team

June 5, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois State Police confirm investigators are conducting a search this morning in connection to the disappearance of Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson. Master Sergeant Tom Burek tells ABC 7 teams are searching a rural area near the town of Metamora, Illinois.

Thanks! Wish we had helicopter views

From what I have seen on the local radar and reports - it is downright nasty with T-storms right now in the Peoria area. I hope they can continue the search, but they may have to call it off for awhile due to weather for everyones safety.

Working with new information in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, authorities are set to dig in search of her body Saturday in an area east of Peoria, sources said. Officials confirmed a search for “human remains” is underway Saturday morning.

Illinois State Police confirmed Saturday that they are currently following a lead in rural central Illinois regarding Peterson’s disappearance and have set up a media staging at a location near Peoria, according to an ISP release.

The ISP Investigation team that has been investigating the disappearance and possible homicide of Stacy Peterson is aware of the situation and at the scene, the release said.

Sources told a STNG reporter Stacy Peterson’s relatives are also at the scene.

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=1829981&spid=

Here it is Doc

Fox News just did a report....Drew calls the latest news "patently ridiculous" and still claims Stacy ran away with another man. :furious:

I haven't read any of this thread, but they just said on FOXNews 'national' they MAY HAVE found the body of Stacy?

OMG!

fran

Ok, I'll go back and see what's up

Journal Star
Posted Jun 04, 2010 @ 11:07 PM
PEORIA —

Heavy rains on Saturday may cause flash floods across the area.

The National Weather Service issued a flash flood watch for Peoria, Fulton, Marshall, McLean, Stark, Tazewell, Woodford and Knox counties all day Saturday.

The ground is already saturated with water from Tuesday's storms, so the 1 to 2 inches of rain predicted Saturday will be run off with no place to go, which means roads could flood with little or no warning.

Motorists are encouraged never to drive across an already-flooded road for that reason.

The forecast is predicting 1 to 2 inches of rain accompanied by thunderstorms all day Saturday.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x682903363/Flash-flood-watch-issued-for-8-counties

If the earlier reports were correct that the dogs went to the exact area the guy showed to LE and they put prongs in the ground and hit something solid (like a barrell???) then this should not take long IMO.
It's just a matter of digging at that exact spot.

I hope they can do what they need to before the weather stops them.

Fox News just did a report....Drew calls the latest news "patently ridiculous" and still claims Stacy ran away with another man. :furious:

Typical Drew form!

I tried to find anything on Fox online and they had nothing. Was that on TV Amster?

I'm listening to the scanner link that was shown and honestly all I am getting is EMS/Rescue and Fire calls.....nothing regarding the search and/or LE activity at all. But I'm going to continue to listen for a little while longer.

Not sure on the rules of posting twitters, but Joe Hosey is posting some stuff about the search.

That's it - I'm cleaning the bathroom and doing dishes now so I can keep on watch for the news on this.

I think even with the rain due to the circumstances of the case (Drew being an ex-cop huge jerk one of them) they'll keep at it today as much as they can.

If there is any chance at all that the current weather conditions may mess up any forensic evidence that could be on scene, then I vote that they wait for the weather to clear....It has been to long to let him get off on a technicallity....Or I guess I should say for any and all evidence that will point to him being harmed.

Photo by: doc_furious+illustration

Armed with new info in the disappearance of Drew Peterson’s 4th wife Stacy, Illinois police are planning to dig in search of her corpse east of Peoria.

Illinois State Police confirmed they are currently following a hot lead in regarding Peterson’s disappearance.

They have set up a media staging at a location near Peoria and will address media, according to State Police.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports Stacy Peterson’s relatives are at the scene.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/stacy_peterson_body_drew_murder_new_lead/celebrity/68779

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288