Cindy Anthony subpoenaed to appear in court

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this makes me really wonder what the defense is up to. You have Cindy (can't tell the truth to save her life) having to testify at the hearing on the 15th, when the two days before (13th and 14th) all of the defense lawyers should be extra busy with the depos in Tenn and the "experts" in Fl. So who gets to draw the short straw and try to make Cindy realize that she can not be hostile on the stand? With Mason having another high profile case, that we don't know the schedule for, is there any reason to think that he will definately be at the hearing?

Like the SA said, it makes no sense for the defense to have so many things going on during the same days unless they were up to something.

Cindy will implode if she is required to act like a normal human being and be respectful of the judge and the SAs. Should be interesting to watch!

ITA I wouldn't miss this event for anything-I have the 15th circled on the calendar, no appoinments, phone set to voicemail and will let all know that if they feel any rumblings-it's not coming from the Kennedy Space Center-
it's coming from Orlando!!
1sm059explode.gif

All I could think of when reading this news is that from the minute CA got that subpoena, she has been fantasizing about her "performance" on the stand, day dreaming about her return to the spotlight. I just have this mental picture of her being thrilled and excited because it will be she who has everyone's attention, not KC. I picture her thinking about KC being forced to watch her on the stand & CA is reveling in that. She is going to make the most of this, I have no doubt.

I bet KC is seething. She will finally HAVE to look at CA and listen to her. And KC knows her mother, she knows that even when CA tries to defend her, she never quite pulls it off without laying an egg.

Good Lord, talk about Christmas in July for the prosecution!

MOO
Even better for Cindy, the icing on the cake will be if Casey has to wear a blouse with ruffles that day!

I just feel sorry for the poor smuck who has to prep her for this hearing.

Aye Yi Yi!!

I'm sure they'll hear a lot of; "Why can't I do that? If he's gonna ask me that question then I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind!!" "Oh yes I can and I will too!" "Don't you tell me how to testify! I'm not taking any :censored: from anyone, even tha...thaat damn judge!!"

That poor person may give up the legal profession after this trial. :banghead:

According to her coworker Charles C, Cindy came in that afternoon and told a group of people that the car smelled like a dead body. She made a similar statement to Amy later in the day (that the car smelled like something had died). Obviously she wasn't trying to get the police to show up at those times.

I hope the SA asks her about this at the hearing.

Per the record: George also smelled it, Lee also smelled it, the dogs hit on it and the lab proved it. Also, ICA had 2 lies to explain the smell.

So..why is there so much on emphasis on CA's original phone call and then subsequent lie to alter her 911 call? To me, all it does is prove she is a liar and trying to obstruct justice. Doesn't change all the evidence of decomposition in the car.

I think Linda will treat Cindy with respect and be extremely business like. IF Cindy starts any of her crap, I think Judge Perry will step in immediately. I have no doubt that he has seen Cindy and George's depositions with Mr. Morgan I would really prefer Ashton does the questioning...just a personal preference in this particular event. I HOPE Cindy acts up, at least once. Just so we can see her get reprimanded on national TV. :woohoo:

I'm sure Burdick will be respectful as well, she doesn't seem the type to give 'no warning to her flight', while Ashton is more of a knee-jerk reaction type of guy. While I think they're obviously both passionate, they just release their passion in a different way; hers is controlled, methodical, carefully selected, precise and on-key, where his is more like a lit fire. Either way, they will both get it done. I'd like to know, if somebody could answer, the difference between their positions, if there is any? I know, seems like something I should have known all this time, but I don't.

I wonder if she'll say on the stand that she isn't aware of anybody on the planet who's "job" it is to identify human decomposition, that there isn't a paid professional sniffer of death. Seems I've heard that argument made many times, that there isn't any such an employed person.

Question - IF Casey feigns sick, or if she really is worried over it to the point where she physically causes herself to really be sick, or if Cindy or Lee does the same, won't it just be scheduled for another day? I mean, I hardly see the point of doing THAT, postponing the inevitable.

I'm pretty sure someone at Camp ICA has made a call or e-mail to Conway asking him to apply a verbal muzzle to his client. Lee may be even toned, but I really think that CA is either going to prove very very defiant or very very low key. I would say she'll be asked a lot of simple 'yes' or 'no' answers, and I'm sure she'll get a lot of coaching from Conway til she gets called.

It doesn't matter which SA is doing the questioning - they won't goad her into being crazed like, she'll do that herself. That would be an interesting poll question - how long do you think CA will last being civil on the stand?

I'm so mean...

Love the bolded part. Unfortunately I don't think it is possible. I'm sure Cindy will be very low key to begin with. She may try to hold her temper in check but something will drive her "over the edge". Real or imagined. I give her the first 5 or so questions to hold her temper in. You know the easy stuff like her name, address, occupation, etc. After those have been asked and answered then watch out. She is the only one that can call her daughter worthless, a thief, a psychopath, a liar. No one else better utter any of those words or phrases, not even George.

And I am obviously just as mean as you are.....at least my kids tell me I'm mean when they don't get their way!

MOO

Per the record: George also smelled it, Lee also smelled it, the dogs hit on it and the lab proved it. Also, ICA had 2 lies to explain the smell.

So..why is there so much on emphasis on CA's original phone call and then subsequent lie to alter her 911 call? To me, all it does is prove she is a liar and trying to obstruct justice. Doesn't change all the evidence of decomposition in the car.

Exactly, this is one of those weird little defense side shows that really makes no sense to we lay people. The whole argument of whether or not the car smelled like a dead body, and to who and when, pretty much became a moot point when the actual dead body was in fact discovered in the woods off Suburban drive. Prior to that the smell evidence was needed to prove that there was in fact a homicide, but now? Not so much. It is simply evidence as to the chain of movement, but it has so much corraborating evidence that arguing about it seems rather counterproductive. Granted those tapes from the heat of the moment are extremely compelling. They show Cindy's true fears and KC's true lack of concern and her lying. But even then there is no way you would be able to keep that out of court. The accused spoke on the tapes?

The only other reason I can see for making this big of a stink about those tapes, is someone plans on attempting to throw Cindy under the bus next, as a reasonable doubt option. Given Cindy's apparent unhinged personality, and reports that she was even trying to strangle KC the night before it all went down, she would be a really really easy target as a possible defense suspect. But those 911 tapes just kill that. No jury would hear those tapes and think that there was any possibility that Cindy was to blame for what happened to Caylee, or even entertain the smallest doubt about it. I really hope BC has figured out that these attempts to block the tapes are in part to set up his clients, and has advised them accordingly?

ICA? :waitasec: (I know it's Casey but I don't get the "I")

Her chances for a plea deal dried up as soon as they found Caylee's body. JMO

I think it might be like saying if you're already drunk why take another drink? Because you're an alcoholic. JMO

I think plea at this point means plead guilty and drop the trial.

All I could think of when reading this news is that from the minute CA got that subpoena, she has been fantasizing about her "performance" on the stand, day dreaming about her return to the spotlight. I just have this mental picture of her being thrilled and excited because it will be she who has everyone's attention, not KC. I picture her thinking about KC being forced to watch her on the stand & CA is reveling in that. She is going to make the most of this, I have no doubt.

I bet KC is seething. She will finally HAVE to look at CA and listen to her. And KC knows her mother, she knows that even when CA tries to defend her, she never quite pulls it off without laying an egg.

Good Lord, talk about Christmas in July for the prosecution!

MOO
She may have to fall and chip another tooth to get out of this hearing!

Exactly, this is one of those weird little defense side shows that really makes no sense to we lay people. The whole argument of whether or not the car smelled like a dead body, and to who and when, pretty much became a moot point when the actual dead body was in fact discovered in the woods off Suburban drive. Prior to that the smell evidence was needed to prove that there was in fact a homicide, but now? Not so much. It is simply evidence as to the chain of movement, but it has so much corraborating evidence that arguing about it seems rather counterproductive. Granted those tapes from the heat of the moment are extremely compelling. They show Cindy's true fears and KC's true lack of concern and her lying. But even then there is no way you would be able to keep that out of court. The accused spoke on the tapes?

The only other reason I can see for making this big of a stink about those tapes, is someone plans on attempting to throw Cindy under the bus next, as a reasonable doubt option. Given Cindy's apparent unhinged personality, and reports that she was even trying to strangle KC the night before it all went down, she would be a really really easy target as a possible defense suspect. But those 911 tapes just kill that. No jury would hear those tapes and think that there was any possibility that Cindy was to blame for what happened to Caylee, or even entertain the smallest doubt about it. I really hope BC has figured out that these attempts to block the tapes are in part to set up his clients, and has advised them accordingly?

I'm very much inclined to agree with you.

Of course there's also the fact that out of all the evidence (excluding the fact that Casey never reported her missing and it was her Mother who finally did so) the most damning piece of evidence is that 911 call. And as the top most damning evidence the defense is pretty much forced to attempt to get it thrown out. Not doing so would be negligent on their part as her "defense" attorneys.

However, I'm sure the defense is also keenly aware of your suggestion above. That if the jury never hears that 911 call Cindy remains one of their options to throw under the bus.

Honestly I think if I were any A family member I would be worried I would be thrown under the bus by her defense (and her).

"Bear in mind, Mrs. Anthony.... Bear in mind, Mrs. Anthony...." I hope she's chewing gum in class. :angel:

Oh......I bet she'd say it's her constitutional right to chew gum wherever she pleases. :innocent:

Even better for Cindy, the icing on the cake will be if Casey has to wear a blouse with ruffles that day!

Maybe Cindy will purchase matching mother/ daughter blouses for the event. Since KC looks at Cindy as her role model she'd just absolutely adore looking like twinsies.:innocent:

I am in Germany, waiting for the birth of my 4th grandson, so it has been difficult to keep up with the latest. I have NO doubt Cindy will lie. I do not the truth & CIndy are familar with each other.

Oh! Congratulations, LeLe! Hug that baby from all of us at WS!

:woohoo:

One would think SA would just keep her to yes or no answers only. jmo

I'm sure they'll try. I've never heard a simple yes or no answer from them though.

LambChop, you would think so, but we have seen demonstrated over and over that the A's all seem to have "Diarrhea of the Mouth". Why use one word when fifty will do the job better? They all do it: misuse/mispronounce words, add unnecessary extraneous details, blah blah blah. I do not think they are capable of yes/no responses.
MOO

It is so much easier to confound, divert, confuse, and bamboozle your listeners when you can lead them on a verbal goose chase. Cindy is a pro at it. I still wonder if it is deliberate or just her version of 'word salad.' Leaning toward deliberate but still not sure.

That is gonna be a train wreck.................

God I feel so evil but LMAO ITA haha.. man this is gonna be good! This is gonna be the first hearing I'm planning on watching live! :woohoo:

again FINALLY!!!!! Will be interesting to see him testify...We finally get to see the family "united":sick::blushing: Wonder if ga will go this time around??????

I think Lee will be truthful.
cowwalks.gif

It is so much easier to confound, divert, confuse, and bamboozle your listeners when you can lead them on a verbal goose chase. Cindy is a pro at it. I still wonder if it is deliberate or just her version of 'word salad.' Leaning toward deliberate but still not sure.

I think they will ask many questions that can only be answered Yes or No, so she can't elaborate or start rambling.. they have probably encountered people like the Anthonys before....:innocent:

Oh......I bet she'd say it's her constitutional right to chew gum wherever she pleases. :innocent:

Maybe Cindy will purchase matching mother/ daughter blouses for the event. Since KC looks at Cindy as her role model she'd just absolutely adore looking like twinsies.:innocent:

I don't think CA would EVER wear the clothes that she's been picking out for ICA to wear - haven't seen CA in frumpy ruffles. :)

I think they will ask many questions that can only be answered Yes or No, so she can't elaborate or start rambling.. they have probably encountered people like the Anthonys before....:innocent:

Ya think??? :)

Agree to the yes and no questions. I think CA will remain under control...except for...

her eyes. I think she will answer (not truthfully) but her eyes will shoot daggers.

We can only hope that if and when CA goes off against BC's instructions that he will finally come to his senses and leave the trainwreck for it's own self destruction. That man must certainly enjoy pain of the verbal type cause he sure isn't being paid enough to endure it.

I can't imagine a person hooking up with the A clan unless they have such a low self-esteem. Or unless he sees $$$$ at the end of it all, which if that is the case, they deserve each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam