FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this be the same video I am referring to in above post? Is any of that video before black out still available? Was it ever shown "unedited".
Also, do you think the recent video interviewing AB was also edited? I notice that it ends abruptly with not enough voiceover to finish the clip! It just has a still photo with traffic sounds in the back ground. Weird. Did AB have more to say that didn't make it to air? It makes you wonder.

THIS is the link to the blackout video:

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/

Blackout occurs at 2:11 marker back to interview at 2:33 - blackout begins right after DT says: I am searching and the and the, I don't know that it's funny but....I flagged down an officer as soon as I got off work, and my son was already down there looking and I saw a deputy cuz I didn't know what to do, I already had this feeling this isn't just your normal she went to somebody's house and she's gonna be home b...you know, this was somethings wrong and I flagged him down and we went into the parking lot of OPAA which just..."

That's 22 seconds of DT explaining an important piece of the puzzle and we get nothing!

I never saw an unedited version of this video - maybe someone else did.

Blackout occurs at 2:11 marker back to interview at 2:33 - blackout begins right after DT says: I am searching and the and the, I don't know that it's funny but....I flagged down an officer as soon as I got off work, and my son was already down there looking and I saw a deputy cuz I didn't know what to do, I already had this feeling this isn't just your normal she went to somebody's house and she's gonna be home b...you know, this was somethings wrong and I flagged him down and we went into the parking lot of OPAA which just..."

That's 22 seconds of DT explaining an important piece of the puzzle and we get nothing!

What do you mean we got nothing! We got a big old something! How did AC know to be already looking? He must have a cell phone? He was already at the park. She didn't take him to the park to look. He could have gotton there after 4pm at the earliest, provided he did not stop by home first. Which conveniently nobody mentions on the MPR.

Do you mind doing more written transcripts from that video? You did an excellent job so far. I am unable to view anything from news4jax videos which are probably the best. I can't load a viewer that my new security system (I replaced last years that crashed) likes. It must use a control X feature that my system will not accept. So please, PLEASE. Relate more.
Thank you, TARA!

Either she searched for awhile before she flagged him down or she did so as soon as she got off work. I remember a video where she says or Sheriff says they searched for an hour and a half?

Relate what her body language is as well as when she has an inability to formulate a coherent answer and to WHAT question asked.

Here is the video of the owner that was working on the house that day. He states they did get the truck and trailer back and that they where cleared.

Also on this video it is the DT family that told the reporter LE asked her not to view the body of somer

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21409125/

I am sending time reviewing WS posts from the first few days

The "I'll leave it at that" was the same thing the woman said about the dumpsters. Very strange. Maybe her son did it. This is A B on the police report??? Or someone else???

Yes, MB was on baseball team 2006.

I mean to drive right past your house to go to the park FIRST.
We know what she said on the MPR. What we don't know is why she considered going there the first thing she thought to do under the circumstances as they were known AT THE TIME.

I have always wondered why she went to the OPAA and picked up AC first. Maybe the reason she drove by her house (if she did) was because she was looking for Somer and was in contact by cell phone with someone at the house who told her Somer was still not there, so she wouldn't have stopped there if she knew Somer was not there. She would have continued looking for her I would think. I am sure LE has cell phone records.

Unless she had been in contact with AC, how would she have known he was at the park? Maybe while driving around looking for Somer, she spotted AC at the park and just stopped to pick him up. Shortly afterward, she flagged down the officer.

If THAT didn't happen, there IS something weird about her going to the park to pick AC up first, especially if he did not live with her - which we have heard it both ways, that he did live with her and that he didn't. We don't know for sure which it was, do we?

Somer was angry according to several witnesses and had already gotten into a fight or maybe two fights that day. She was angry at her 2 other siblings, so who would she go to? The older sibling at the park? Maybe he didn't take up for her either and she got mad at him too and ran off from him too, or a worse thought - got into a scuffle with him......well, I will leave it at that....

I agree with tarabull that it is probably an underage perp. All MO, of course.

Let me put it this way. Why wouldn't you tell the officer you went to the park to look for your daughter? Why would it be to pick up your son? It seems like a good place to look, but neither she, nor the officer goes there?
Or do they? I read a snippet once saying she was annoyed at having to stop off there after flagging down the cop. If ANYONE has a reference to this please let me know. What I read was confusing, and didn't understand it back then, but was there a video or article or something stating if she and LE went directly to her home or if they stopped by the park on their way.
TIA

It is my recollection that she picked up her son BEFORE flagging down the officer. I could have this wrong though. I definitely remember a video of DT saying that AC was already down there looking.

I have always wondered why she went to the OPAA and picked up AC first. Maybe the reason she drove by her house (if she did) was because she was looking for Somer and was in contact by cell phone with someone at the house who told her Somer was still not there, so she wouldn't have stopped there if she knew Somer was not there. She would have continued looking for her I would think. I am sure LE has cell phone records.

Unless she had been in contact with AC, how would she have known he was at the park? Maybe while driving around looking for Somer, she spotted AC at the park and just stopped to pick him up. Shortly afterward, she flagged down the officer.

If THAT didn't happen, there IS something weird about her going to the park to pick AC up first, especially if he did not live with her - which we have heard it both ways, that he did live with her and that he didn't. We don't know for sure which it was, do we?

Somer was angry according to several witnesses and had already gotten into a fight or maybe two fights that day. She was angry at her 2 other siblings, so who would she go to? The older sibling at the park? Maybe he didn't take up for her either and she got mad at him too and ran off from him too, or a worse thought - got into a scuffle with him......well, I will leave it at that....

I agree with tarabull that it is probably an underage perp. All MO, of course.

I have always questioned the order of events as related to cops on MPR.
It has seemed to me that the answer lies in the first few statements to them.
It revlolves around 2 people and where they were and when in relation to S.
You raise some good questions.

It is my recollection that she picked up her son BEFORE flagging down the officer. I could have this wrong though. I definitely remember a video of DT saying that AC was already down there looking.

How could he be "picked up" and "still down there looking" is what I don't get.
He obviously wasn't with her or he would have been asked to give a statement for the MPR and never was.

You read my mind!! That occurred to me last night on the way home from work, after I checked the big 3 USA Companies and a few more. No one seems to offer yellow anymore. I think it could very well be that kind of car, more than likely used but well maintained. Good job Sad!! Now could you kindly find it?:crazy:

If you google all the different companies, then convertible I think you can find a quite a few. Like google Chrysler Lebaron convertible yellow..or cream. And images. I found a lot of pics doing this. They are older, yellow or cream colored.

I have to go to work now, but I'll be back later.
Lot's to think about what is the missing piece in the video.

He obviously wasn't with her or he would have been asked to give a statement for the MPR and never was.

That was one of my very first questions. The discrepancy in the AC story.

AB not driving them home.

Other babysitter not being there after school.

According to Diena, they got rides in the morning and walked in the afternoon, so AB not driving them home in the afternoon would not be unusual. (And only in nice weather did they walk. What constitutes nice weather for people in FL?)

· Somer and her siblings got ride to school in the morning and walked in the afternoon with 50-70 kids See Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
ETA: To get there you may have to go here http://jacksonville.com/news/somer-thompson first and find that video. http://jacksonville.com/video?bcpid=45533482001&bclid=45314954001&bctid=45725057001 is the link to the video.

I don't think Diena was afraid that Sean would rape and kill Somer ... otherwise, why ask him to be there in the first place?

A few things to talk about
Ref from thread 5 post 96
Here's a link to what Det Bruce Owens said at that press conference. (link is now gone)

Detective Bruce Owens said he alerted Beseler that clues could be found in trash from around Orange Park.

"If a truck was seen, it would be best to follow it to its next location, so they could search or follow it to the closest landfill, so they could isolate it from the dump," Owens said.

Owens said he got dozens of deputies and police officers on the road after Somer was reported missing. He said he wanted all garbage trucks checked as quickly as possible.

"Time is of the essence. That collection was being done by outside companies," Owens said.

Dozens of squad cars stayed on the trail of the garbage trucks as they traveled across the state line into Georgia.

"They sifted through about 300,000 tons of waste," Owens said.

About 200,000 tons of trash was searched at a landfill in Clay County, and 100,000 tons was searched at a dump in Folkston, Ga

post #538
Yes. My SIL lives down the street from Somers family and I asked her about this. She said they have to put the cans out and a truck comes through and people actually dump the trash into the truck, unlike here (ok) where they truck does it all.

post #617
Diena Thompson has declined requests from The Associated Press for interviews. She spent part of the day Friday making funeral arrangements, and a law enforcement officer was seen carrying a child's white dress from the family's home. A viewing will be held Monday night and a funeral will follow on Tuesday.

The MPR states "She said she then left work and drove to Grove Park (OPAA) where she picked up her oldest son, Andrew Thompson*. She said she then continued to look for S. Thompson in the immediate area of Grove Park when she saw D/S Coan and reported the incident."

* is by me - it is another error in the MPR. So, this sounds to me like he WAS with her BEFORE she flagged down the officer and reported Somer missing.

IMO, it's a good thing to revisit the MPR - we picked it apart in the early days and noted a few discrepancies.

That whole swinging by the OPAA to pick up eldest was one of the 1st things that stood out to me from the very beginning. Then later after DT gave that interview in the blacked-out video where she states he was already there looking seems to contradict previous statements. Unless there is other information we aren't aware of.

And WHY black-out a video if she said something LE might not want her to reveal to the public?! Why not just edit it out? That never made any sense to me at all.

ETA: I've often wondered how much more time would have elapsed before notifying LE if an officer hadn't been passing by & flagged down.

A few things to talk about
Ref from thread 5 post 96
Here's a link to what Det Bruce Owens said at that press conference. (link is now gone)

Detective Bruce Owens said he alerted Beseler that clues could be found in trash from around Orange Park.

"If a truck was seen, it would be best to follow it to its next location, so they could search or follow it to the closest landfill, so they could isolate it from the dump," Owens said.

Owens said he got dozens of deputies and police officers on the road after Somer was reported missing. He said he wanted all garbage trucks checked as quickly as possible.

"Time is of the essence. That collection was being done by outside companies," Owens said.

Dozens of squad cars stayed on the trail of the garbage trucks as they traveled across the state line into Georgia.

"They sifted through about 300,000 tons of waste," Owens said.

About 200,000 tons of trash was searched at a landfill in Clay County, and 100,000 tons was searched at a dump in Folkston, Ga

snipped for relevance

This link might be the one for this story.

http://www.wesh.com/news/21389441/detail.html

Dozens of squad cars stayed on the trail of the garbage trucks as they traveled across the state line into Georgia."

They sifted through about 300,000 tons of waste," Owens said.

About 200,000 tons of trash was searched at a landfill in Clay County, and 100,000 tons was searched at a dump in Folkston, Ga.

After hours of work, the fears of investigators turned into reality. The body of a young girl was found and identified as Somer.

Beseler praised Owens for his effort.

So in my reviewing of old post and media videos
1) vinson did get the truck and trailer back as it was show in the video
2) the garbage trucks were searched right away and they are hand loaded trucks
3) DT was asked not to view the body but had provided the white dress to LE
4) The ID of the body was dental records vs a family member going to ID the body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine