NE NE - Corrie Wood, 28, Grant, 20 September 2008 #2

As was stated before, there were no outward signs of violence at the scene. Numerous people were there, LE, the coroner, and EMT personnel, and no one saw anything out of the ordinary. Only after the autopsy at Scottsbluff to determine cause of death, did they know it was a homicide. The body was then sent to the state for further autopsy. If the blow that killed her was to the back of the head, which could mean she was trying to get away, the facial area might not have even been touched so nothing would show at the time.
Just my opinion on why the casket was closed. She had been through two autopsies examining the head and brain area, so along with post mortem bruising, that could explain that. LE has been beat up repeatedly on here for some unfortunate mistakes, and I'm sure they beat themselves up over it after the fact. There is nothing that can be done about that but carry on with what we have and throw out theories and suggestions to try and make up for it.
As far as the sheet washing, the general consensus is body fluid. If it had been blood, someone out of all those people present would have noticed I'm sure. You and everyone else hasn't a clue why they would want to wash and keep them. What else was done by "Friends" at the scene still remains a mystery. If we knew what else was cleaned up, straightened up, or even removed, that would be a highly helpful.
Hope this helps bring you up to speed without having to try and decifer all the posts.

Thats what I was getting at with my King Hit Theory, you know if we were to go down the bf theory of who did it, given his size, one king hit would kill a man so definitely a woman....
Now obviously given that there was no outward signs of violence - chronic bruising, blood and so on , that made the LE think it was a overdose in the first places gives pause to the fact that A) it was somewhere else and B) it was covered up

WHAT IF.....

Someone else was involved in the continual beating / kicking - a woman and then the BF finished it off with a king hit

Then the body was brought back to the house and thats when the sheets were messed up - with bodily fluid

Now I found this http://www.geoectomy.net/doku.php?id=strange:determining_time_of_death
Which shows the following (ive snipped out only up to how long her time was from alive to dead)

Timeline of Changes
The cessation:

Breathing becomes intermittent, and stops. There may be one last death-rattle breath. The muscles relax and the bladder and bowels evacuate their contents. The body generally loses heat at the rate of 1-1/2 degrees Fahrenheit per hour, depending on the environment, of course.
30 minutes after death

Blood sinks to the lower regions of the body, and loses some of the oxygen content. The skin becomes waxy; fingers and toes will turn blue, the eyes will flatten as they dry.

4 hours after death

Rigor mortis (the stiffening of the body) is noticeable. It hits first around the eyelids, jaw, neck and facial muscles before spreading to the larger muscles in the body.

6-8 hours after death

Livor Mortis sets in, causing upper regions to turn pale, while regions closer to the ground will become purplish and discolored. The cornea (the clear part) of the eye becomes blotchy or milky.

12 hours after death

Rigor Morits is in full swing–the body is essentially “frozen”.

So based on that there has to be an absolute of *when* she died (approximately anyway)

I am just curious where it says in th 6-8 hrs after death upper regions turn pale......what if that hid bruising ?

Also if it was more than one person , what about the application of makeup ? powder or foundation to cover bruises ?

The body wasnt overly bruised and battered at the time of LE arriving so not the case that they infact thought it a od.

So something happened because people bruise and she was not dark skinned.
So perhaps its to do with the time of death ie 6-8 hrs the upper regions turns pale...or makeup was applied ??

Just a few thoughts...

And yes I think its more to do with the two autopsies that the casket was closed and again if that is the case was all the damage internal ? which again its hard to fathom if there was a lot of beating / kicking there would a lot of bruising to the skin and even broken skin...

?

I have wondered the same things Maconrich. I am still really confused as to how Scott was locked out of the house the previous night but gained entry so easily the following morning unless Corrie opened the door for him some time during the night. Then surely that puts him and only him in the house at the time of her death:confused:

We only have Scott's word that he was locked out of the house. He also lived in the house so wouldn't he have had his own key to it? I think being locked out is just a part of his alibi. I can't imagine this guy letting a lock on a door keep him out if he wanted in anyway. I doubt that he was locked out though. It's just part of his story. I really wouldn't believe anything that Scott says unless there was a witness to verify.

posted by cloudajo (thread 1, page 24, post 597, 11-08-08, 09:16 am)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71798&page=23

Timeline - Based on News and Rumors/Hearsay
This is a timeline based on news reports and rumors/hearsay - I tried to mark which is which. Comments/corrections welcome.

Friday, Sep 19th
· 8:30PM: Corrie, her boyfriend Scott, and a couple of other friends arrive at Cactus bar/tavern in Venango to celebrate Corrie’s birthday (several days early). Raul, owner of Cactus, says they arrived about 8:30PM and stayed for a couple of hours (news)
· Nebraska State Patrol: “Wood was last seen alive during the evening hours of September 19, 2008 and the early morning hours of September 20, 2008, where she was observed with friends at the Cactus Palace Bar in Venango, Nebraska.” (NSP)

Rumor/Hearsay/Unconfirmed:
· Lots of drinking at the bar, perhaps even the bartender was drinking. (rumor)
· Corrie and Scott had a fight at the bar. (rumor)
· A friend of Corrie and Scott’s (“Red”) was asked to drive Corrie home (may have been Corrie herself who asked Red). Scott told Red to have Corrie get her stuff out of their house. (rumor)
· 12:30AM - Red, Red’s boyfriend, and Corrie leave the Cactus. (rumor)
· 12:45AM? - Red’s BF was dropped off at his and Red’s house in Venango. (rumor)
· 12:45-1:15AM? - Red drove Corrie home (Grant), put her into her bed, let the dogs out because they had been in the house all day, and then left the house. (rumor)
· Note: It is about a 23 min drive from Cactus to Corrie’s/Scott’s home in Grant.
· 1:00-1:15AM – Bars in NE close at 1AM; however, owner of Cactus may have let patrons stay another 15 min or so.
· Scott drove from the Cactus to the new house he and Corrie were going to move into and went to sleep. (rumor) Note: Not sure where the new house is located – about 1 mile away from current house?
· Another rumor is that Scott told someone he went to his and Corrie’s current house but he was locked out and slept in his truck.
· 1:36AM-1:42AM - There were 9 calls made from Corrie’s phone to one of Scott’s cell phones. They started at 1:36AM and ended at 1:42AM. (rumor)

Saturday, Sep 20th
· Shortly before 10:00AM: Scott finds Corrie unresponsive/dead in their bed/home and calls authorities. Corrie was unresponsive when deputies arrived. (news)
· 10:32AM: Corrie pronounced dead in her home by Perkins County coroner (news)
· Time? Authorities on the scene unable to determine cause of death; but do not think death is suspicious and release the scene (unconfirmed/rumor/hearsay)

Monday, Sep 22nd
· Corrie’s birthday – she would have turned 29
· Corrie’s autopsy performed (news)
· Perkins County Attorney Rick Roberts said she died as a result of blows to her head and body and her death is being investigated as a homicide. (news)
· Nebraska State Patrol asked to assist in the investigation. (news)

Thursday, Sept. 25th
· Corrie’s funeral held
· Scott did not attend funeral - was asked not to attend by Corrie’s family (rumor)

Friday, Sep 26th
· Scott posts on True Crime blog (unconfirmed/rumor/hearsay)
“me said: The ex is a great guy and an even better father, i should know, im the boyfriend. I cant say much cause of the position im in. But know this, in time your questions will be answered. I wish i could show you my Corrie, she's an Angel on my shoulder.....”
Posted 09/26/2008 at 12:32:30 AM

Around Tuesday, September 30th
· Scott was logging into Corrie’s myspace, deleted info about Acousti Construction, deleted some comments, and deleted a friend (unconfirmed/rumor/hearsay)
· Scott sent nasty myspace comment to a friend of Corrie’s (unconfirmed/rumor/hearsay)

Monday, Oct 13:
· Scott arrested for DUI and bonded out same day/night in Keith County (confirmed by local; no link)

Vehicles:
· White 2003 Ford Expedition SUV – (hearsay that this was Corrie’s)
· White 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty pickup (hearsay that this was Scott’s)
· Gold 2004 Dodge Stratus 4-door sedan (hearsay that this was Friend/Red’s who took her home)
· Acousti Truck (not identified as being involved, for reference only) - http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Acousti.Construction.308-353-0004/picture/gallery

References:
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pa...&u_sid=10440940
http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/FindFile.asp?news=1&ID=2211
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=122532&threadid=1938332
http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/29001414.html
http://www.kmtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9051437
http://www.northplattebulletin.com/index.asp?show=news&action=readStory&storyID=15555&pageID=3 (North Platte Bulletin - 11/24/2008)

(Note: I added the date of Corrie's funeral and put the url of the recent article in the reference section.)

I have wondered the same things Maconrich. I am still really confused as to how Scott was locked out of the house the previous night but gained entry so easily the following morning unless Corrie opened the door for him some time during the night. Then surely that puts him and only him in the house at the time of her death:confused:
That's how it looks to me (that he was the only one in the house at the time of her death). Although LE wouldn't comment on if the house was secured or had been broken into, it seems that unless there was a bolt that couldn't be opened from the outside and all the windows were shut and locked, he would have been able to get in without much effort. If there was a chain lock, the lock or the door frame would have been broken so it would have been obvious to LE (same with breaking in thru a window).

BUT even if Corrie let him in or he used his own key he could have "broken in" to support his statement that he'd been locked out and forced to sleep in his truck, which for whatever reason he decided to park in the back of the house. -- Why did he parked back there? He had to have had a good reason since it wasn't routine and was noticed by others... Maybe he did kill her somewhere else and transported her body back to the house in his truck? I wonder if the truck was tested for decomposition?

Nothing has been published about search warrants being issued for the truck, correct? And the media hasn't obtained (or published) any information about other the warrants? For that matter has it been documented that Scott provided DNA?

There are so many questions that haven't been answered!! It's beyond frustrating :mad:

[snipped]
Nothing has been published about search warrants being issued for the truck, correct? And the media hasn't obtained (or published) any information about other the warrants? For that matter has it been documented that Scott provided DNA?

Hi. This is what I have on the search warrants (pieced from what Poker Chips posted previously).

Search Warrants Issued on Tuesday, Sep 23rd at 11:25AM:
· Two were for West 6th in Grant, which is the street Corrie/Scott lived on
· Three more were issued at the same time:
o Two on Lincoln Ave, which is the street the Court House is located on
o One for 328 1/2 Road 759, an address about a mile southeast of Grant (note: most likely Corrie’s/Scott’s new house)

In Oct 9th issue (hard copy) of the Grant Tribune Sentinel, under Court House News
Map of Grant: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Grant&state=NE#a/maps/m::12:40.8419:-101.724701:0:::::/e

Also, this was posted on BCH blog Nov 7th re DNA (rumor that it was posted by Scott): [snipped] "For your info, i gave DNA as well as fingernail clippings, hair samples and was put under some type of light to check my entire body."

The two Search Warrants that were issued for West 6th. Could one be for the house and one for the truck by any chance???

TY cloudajo!!

Poker Chips it would make sense for the second warrant at the house to have been for the vehicle since that's where Scott was residing --- or I wonder if it could have been for the business -- isn't it right there by the house? Same address??

I don't have any idea how things work in NE with criminal cases and privacy, but hopefully those warrants will be released to the media before too much longer. They'll give us a much better understanding of what happened that night / early morning and answer so many questions (waiting isn't something I'm very good at).

Cloudajo you mentioned that the Court House is on Lincoln Ave -- do you think the two warrants were for something there??

I know make up has been mentioned several times and it seems there could be some clues there. Since Corrie had been out I figure she had make up on (and would still have it on when she was found the next morning) unless she'd washed her face when she got home (or someone cleaned her up). And the state of her make-up might help determine what she went thru and/or if she'd been sleeping before she was killed etc. As in I wouldn't expect everything to be perfect if she'd been crying or if she'd been sleeping for awhile -- even waterproof mascara and eyeliner tend to smudge, blush and foundation would have streaks (from crying) or be uneven (from sleeping). Bottom line is that her make up should have looked the same when Scott found her / the EMTs etc arrived as it did when she passed away. -- I hope I worded this so it makes sense, but I'm feeling mighty blonde tonight... :waitasec:

ok, I need to go back thru the first thread again.

Poker: That sounds logical - one for the house, one for the vehicle.

Macon: Acousti's address is on Hancock Ave., which is a few streets to the east of Lincoln Ave. (and a couple of min driving time from their house on W. 6th St.).

Not sure what the exact address was for the 2 warrants on Lincoln Ave. (Poker, do you know?) The Perkins County Sheriff's Office is located at the Perkins County Courthouse on Lincoln Ave.

I do not know what the warrants were issued for on Lincoln Ave. I am speculating they were for impounded vehicles. I do know there was at least one vehicle impounded the evening before, Red's being that one. I don't know if you need a warrant after impounding or not. Maybe someone else could help with the legal end there. Just a reminder, these were issued after the State took over. The other thing is, if Acuosti's business address is West 6th, maybe they used that even though the physical address where the shop is located is Hancock. I have not heard anything about the shop later being secured by LE, as was the two houses, but I'm sure it probably was looked at.

There was a warrant issued for the business. I believe they were dumpster searches etc...

NSC
Was the warrant for Acousti listed as Hancock Ave. If so, I missed that one. I guess that is why I was wondering if the two for West 6th included Acousti. The other thing is if they impounded another vehicle, no matter where it was impounded from, wouldn't they issue the warrant for the place it was physically at the time the warrant was issued? Kind of blows my own theory about one for the house and one for the truck at the location on West 6th. The two for Lincoln Ave might be for two impounded vehicles at the Court House.

I hope they have checked all vehicles belonging to Scott and Corrie, the house she was found at and the house they were moving to...the shop and anything else they had. It only makes sense to go over everything. I wonder if Scott has taken a poly?

m_abb84ddb32374c32a150a05890e8f65a.jpg

I hope my link works, but I guess this is how Scott wants everyone to see him.

He posted it yesterday on his "new" myspace page... watch out ladies... he is listed as single!!

:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:eek::eek::eek:

Put him in jail already!!!!

He posted it yesterday on his "new" myspace page... watch out ladies... he is listed as single!!

Link ?

I wanna get me some of that :rolleyes:

I mean WHO wouldn't want some of that ? a Man that has more DUI's than can be counted on one hand , a convicted felon, a possible suspect in a murder - all that and he can give the sit on this and rotate on it sign too

WOWZEEEEEE

:clap: yup thats a winner alright !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth