British detectives fly to Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets more confusing. :sigh:

On 1st March 2012, Gonçalo Amaral reveals, in an interview with Portuguese magazine 'O Crime', that Scotland Yard has been working with an investigative [Judiciary Police] team from Oporto.

This is picked up just over a week later by Jornal de Notícias, who declare that the case is going to be reopened. However, this is swiftly denied by the National Deputy Director of the PJ, Pedro do Carmo, who guarantees that there is no new evidence regarding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann to prompt the reopening of the case. However, he does reveal that the PJ team of investigators from Oporto was established one year previously and has been working in collaboration with the British police.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id409.html

Help me understand. :scared:

Its not confusing to me.

All you have to do is filter out any "unnamed sources" and any article that repeats the spin.

Sadly this is most of them.

No police investigation in the world trumpets who they are about to question or arrest.

Giving the suspects ample time to rehearse their stories, create alibis, or get out of Dodge.

Its ridiculous so I don't know why folks just automatically believe it. The power of the press I suppose.

I am cautiously optimistic, hoping for end results. I know it may all be BS, but one can hope. The powers that be have way more information than any of us, true information at that. Not rumors, hearsay and flat out speculation. Justice for Maddie, regardless of where the road leads is what matters. Moo

post the link here and discuss it AS IS.

(no inuendo-no blogs-no extraneuous talk- NO RUMOR)

links only folks and that means current links. Not links to blogs or talk shows or the case files that can be found peppered in this forum: this thread is for current breaking news. It will be locked until we see something happen. If anyone happens to see anything occur alert this thread and it will be opened for CURRENT DISCUSSION. (not past and that would include bashing the PARENTS)

Bumping...

Its not confusing to me.

All you have to do is filter out any "unnamed sources" and any article that repeats the spin.

Sadly this is most of them.

No police investigation in the world trumpets who they are about to question or arrest.

Giving the suspects ample time to rehearse their stories, create alibis, or get out of Dodge.

Its ridiculous so I don't know why folks just automatically believe it. The power of the press I suppose.

This is closed thinking and it doesn't help Madeleine at all. I'm not arguing your position. Its fine to come to your own conclusion based on your interpretation of the facts. But to just shut down any discussion of where this inquiry might lead is short sighted in my opinion.

There were 2 men and a woman seen with a small girl at a gas station the evening that Maddie disappeared. These people were never identified or questioned because there was no CCTV camera. They could have information.

The "burglars" could also have information. Maybe they saw something that night? It is worth the time and resources to interview them. Maddie needs to be found.

Salem

Burglars and former staff members are not mutually exclusive. They could have been fired for theft.

Burglars and former staff members are not mutually exclusive. They could have been fired for theft.

But according to Marin Brunt these staff-burglars are actually the apartment management workers ( Reported by Marin Brunt on twitter two days ago quoting his source as PT papers sources)

Not fired staff but the managers!

This is closed thinking and it doesn't help Madeleine at all. I'm not arguing your position. Its fine to come to your own conclusion based on your interpretation of the facts. But to just shut down any discussion of where this inquiry might lead is short sighted in my opinion.

There were 2 men and a woman seen with a small girl at a gas station the evening that Maddie disappeared. These people were never identified or questioned because there was no CCTV camera. They could have information.

The "burglars" could also have information. Maybe they saw something that night? It is worth the time and resources to interview them. Maddie needs to be found.

Salem

I have not said a word to criticise the investigation nor the investigators.

What I am critisising is the REPORTING.
What you call "closed" thinking I call critical thinking. The papers are full of rumour innuendo and outright inaccuracy as demonstrated by the latest Mirror antics.
:moo:

Insisting folks abducted Madeleine with no proof, forensics, witnesses etc is closed thinking to my mind. Read beyond the headlines and its all hot air like posh spice, Tannerman , Murat, Hewlett, Euclides etc.

This morning I woke to a link in my inbox from the Mirror, a columnist saying how ridiculous the Burglar Theory is.

From the very same rag who started the story....with a little help from a McCann Family Spokesman.

So within a fortnight we had three burglars who failed to be either arrested or questioned, which morphed into "managers" who also were not arrested or questioned...and now the Mirror is declaring the whole story as preposterous.

Perhaps someone could link it for me WWW.the mirror.co.UK Carole Malone " Madeleine Madness".

Madness alright - but it all sells papers.

I am cautiously optimistic, hoping for end results. I know it may all be BS, but one can hope. The powers that be have way more information than any of us, true information at that. Not rumors, hearsay and flat out speculation. Justice for Maddie, regardless of where the road leads is what matters. Moo

I agree. The press may be getting some things wrong at this stage but what's important is that LE is looking for answers in this case. Time will tell. MOO.

I have a faith in Scotland Yard. I believe they will solve it! Together with the new professional team in Portugal.

But according to Marin Brunt these staff-burglars are actually the apartment management workers ( Reported by Marin Brunt on twitter two days ago quoting his source as PT papers sources)

Not fired staff but the managers!

Here's Brunt's tweet:
Portuguese sources tell local media the three suspects Scot Yard identified are ex-staff of Ocean Club, managers of apartments

I think it is describing Ocean Club as managers of the apartments.

So it looks like management of apartments, they would have keys and knowledge of their comings and goings, but why? Why Maddie?

So it looks like management of apartments, they would have keys and knowledge of their comings and goings, but why? Why Maddie?

I think we have to know what story is true, if any. Sky or Mirror.

The Mirror is still running with the burglars story but now they're questioning themselves. This article was printed 15 hours ago.

Madeleine McCann madness continues - and leaves her parents with nothing once more

Scotland Yard detectives *probing Madeleine McCann’s disappearance are saying she might have been taken by three burglars who’d been robbing apartments in the area.

Seriously? Burglars? I’m sorry, but the kind of crooks who break into holiday lets are looking for a few euros, mobiles and a bit of jewellery.

And while they have contacts who can “fence” baubles and cameras, they’re unlikely to have any who can sell children.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/carole-malone-madeleine-mccann-madness-3102268#ixzz2sABGnj9h
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Same as some of us have been saying all along regarding burglars.

Personally I don't believe either story. Management stealing a child and risk losing their jobs in a tourist area. Their livelihoods rely on tourists. Why would they jeopardize their careers and most of all give praia da luz a bad rap. It's nonsense.

Burglars see above post. Again nonsense. I'm not British but if I was and my tax dollars were being used, I'd want answers from the government.

I'm not saying they should stop investigating but wonder if they should look at other theories. So far it's gotten nowhere. Madeleine is still missing.

I have a faith in Scotland Yard. I believe they will solve it! Together with the new professional team in Portugal.

I had faith too when they finally decided to "join" forces. Now I'm not so sure. There appears to be 2 teams working in Portugal. Why is one working independently in Porto? The other branch is in Faro.

I think we have to know what story is true, if any. Sky or Mirror.

The Mirror is still running with the burglars story but now they're questioning themselves. This article was printed 15 hours ago.

Madeleine McCann madness continues - and leaves her parents with nothing once more

Scotland Yard detectives *probing Madeleine McCann’s disappearance are saying she might have been taken by three burglars who’d been robbing apartments in the area.

Seriously? Burglars? I’m sorry, but the kind of crooks who break into holiday lets are looking for a few euros, mobiles and a bit of jewellery.

And while they have contacts who can “fence” baubles and cameras, they’re unlikely to have any who can sell children.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/carole-malone-madeleine-mccann-madness-3102268#ixzz2sABGnj9h
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Same as some of us have been saying all along regarding burglars.

I thnk you can safely discard the Mirror...there is no and never has been any official statement about burglars at all..but there has been abut the ocean club employees, frim the mccanns own lawyer in Portugal....he also said arrests improbable

So much for a whole months worth of media hype....end of the day no burglar abducts a child, common sense needs to rule

http://portugalresident.com/more-madeleine-‘revelations’

I thnk you can safely discard the Mirror...there is no and never has been any official statement about burglars at all..but there has been abut the ocean club employees, frim the mccanns own lawyer in Portugal....he also said arrests improbable

So much for a whole months worth of media hype....end of the day no burglar abducts a child, common sense needs to rule

http://portugalresident.com/more-madeleine-‘revelations’

Yup rubbish. Frankly I don't even believe the employees story either. Madeleine wandering off is more probable IMO

Yup rubbish. Frankly I don't even believe the employees story either. Madeleine wandering off is more probable IMO

Bet it comes to nothing...and then where will we be? Another bunch of innocent people accused, and horribly in this case ones that actually helped that night. You cant get much worse than that. TBH I cant thnk of anyone who hasnt had the finger pointed at them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie