Madeleine McCann found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to about forty years ago that was normal practice. After a number of cases of babies being snatched, people stopped doing it. As far as I recall (I was a child myself at the time) these were mostly cases of disturbed women taking the babies, women who had lost their own babies.

I'm British and I certainly consider myself European. But there are many different peoples in Europe, a Scandinavian is different from a Latin who is different from a Slav .....

I was about to write the same thing. My great grandmom lived in Europe before bringing my grandmom to the US. I heard stories about her eating lunch at cafés while a little one was asleep in a carriage outside. Seems that was ok in certain parts of the country. IMO

sometime I get the impression that people are more interested in "punishing" the mcanns as opposed to finding out what actually happened

If it is ever proved beyond reasonable doubt that they were responsible for her death or disposal then they will go down as the biggest most evil pair since Brady and Hindley

BUT until that day comes I am more interested in the SY . the PJ using their energies to find out the truth and who is responsible .

I am not really interested in a constant narrative about the babysitting / checking . Both authorities have said that what they did was not advisable but within the law . I know this view is not popular here and people would like the Mcanns to be for ever dammed for it.

B b m
No sheet. It doesn't matter what the parents do or say, some people want them found guilty. I hope the truth comes out soon so the Mccans will be left alone. IMO

That is your opinion

My opinion and many like me including SY who are actually investigating the case and have access to everything say that there is nothing that points to the parents they have never ever been charged .

Its when I see peopled being smeared as paedophiles that I get angry - not directed at you - just a passing comment

anyway lwe will agree to disagree I feel as until I see some hard facts about little things like

How they did it

where did they hide a body

who was involved

Forensics of said evidence

how they moved the body to the hire car

maybe even a snippet of a time line

I see lots of accusations but not even a theory about the detail
:loveyou:

I can't swear for mainland Europe but leaving babies in prams/pushchairs in the UK outside shops would get you arrested.
Up to about forty years ago that was normal practice. After a number of cases of babies being snatched, people stopped doing it. As far as I recall (I was a child myself at the time) these were mostly cases of disturbed women taking the babies, women who had lost their own babies.
I was about to write the same thing. My great grandmom lived in Europe before bringing my grandmom to the US. I heard stories about her eating lunch at cafés while a little one was asleep in a carriage outside. Seems that was ok in certain parts of the country. IMO

Having thought about that some more ...

At the time I was referring to, it was still common for babies to be taken out in prams (perambulators). These were often huge, and even pushchairs were quite cumbersome things back then. You had to leave them outside in many cases, there would have been no room for them inside the shop or café. So if the baby was asleep, people did tend to leave them in the pram.

There just weren't lightweight baby carriages and folding buggies in those days - they hadn't been invented. So it's easy to see why people did what they did.

Having thought about that some more ...

At the time I was referring to, it was still common for babies to be taken out in prams (perambulators). These were often huge, and even pushchairs were quite cumbersome things back then. You had to leave them outside in many cases, there would have been no room for them inside the shop or café. So if the baby was asleep, people did tend to leave them in the pram.

There just weren't lightweight baby carriages and folding buggies in those days - they hadn't been invented. So it's easy to see why people did what they did.

True, and even now, many small stores are not carriage-friendly! They are not really welcome in some types of stores-if the stores are small and narrow, a baby carriage is a real bother! I just stayed out of those kinds of stores when my children were in a double stroller-and where the merchant was really unfriendly, never went back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks