Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loud music is commonly equated with a party...but not necessarily so. Loud music can also disguise screams....or make it seem that there IS a party.

My theory thus far: I'm stuck on the 3rd person in the house when Max fell. The 13 yr old made the 911 call; I posted the link upthread, last night. I wonder if all was not well between half-siblings...if it was a half sibling at the house. There would be no death investigation while the child stayed on life support and he did, even though I read there was no pulse or breathing after he fell and when paramedics arrived (I also posted link saying such, upthread). Did he ever regain a pulse or breathe? I know they donated organs, read the link posted upthread...is that why he was kept alive? And it seems Rebecca died before too many questions could be asked about the fall. Was she questioned at all? Is that convenient for someone? Many questions, friends...not many answers, yet. Those sealed search warrants are really irking me...they may give a clue.

This statement seems curious:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/spreckels-mansion-hanging-suicide-sister/story?id=14106680

Police said Max's autopsy is "routine for anyone who dies who isn't under the care of a doctor when the accident occurs," Coronado police spokesperson Lea Corbin told ABCNews.com today.

Although Max died in a hospital under a doctor's care, Corbin said, "He was being cared for by a doctor, but we don't know why he died physically."

and

"Our investigation would include Max's incident," San Diego sheriff spokesman Roy Frank told ABCNews.com.

Incident?

My theory of a run in with the chandelier/fall of an electrical nature would fit with a medically induced coma for electrical shock, I think.

With Rebecca being entwined in an electrical cord I thought I had a rage connection also.

BUT could it be Maxie’s death was from secondary result of the accident like a stroke or seizure?

Or conversely the accident a result of sudden underlying unknown medical problem?

Wouldn’t the extent of a fall injury be determined pretty quickly with the witness statements and presumably x-rays and other diagnostic tools?

all imo

what we need to know ..is the time of the boys death. Cause iam sure ththe went back to jonah;s all of them after he passed and had they so called event with music and when the gf walks in mom ,dad brother all of the above flew in to a rage .but we would have a so much better idea if we just new when the boy actually passed on ...and if iam right it was tuesday night not to late and at that point they had been balling sitting in a chair with no sleep for 2 days straight . Then they went back to the mantion...

From the details we have gathered:

1. GS posted on FB Friday, July 15th - RIP Maxie.
&#8220;RIP Maxie. We&#8217;ll miss your sweet smile and kind heart more than you&#8217;ll ever know. I&#8217;ll love you forever,&#8221; was the posting on the Facebook page of <modsnip>, the teenage daughter of Jonah Shacknai.

Source: http://flowercompany.net/2011/07/mansion-owner%E2%80%99s-daughter-posts-rip-maxie-online-new-warrant-served/

2. Maxie's death was "ANNOUNCED" on Sunday, July 17th. This doesn't mean he died on Sunday.

He was rushed to the hospital with serious injuries and his death was announced Sunday.

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/US/spreckels-mansion-death-boy-max-schacknai-dies/story?id=14097880

IMHO - I think Maxie was kept alive for the transplants. I don't know exactly when he was pronounced dead -- only that his death was made public on Sunday. He very well could have been brain dead on Friday, as per GS's facebook posting.

Was Maxie dead on Tuesday night? That's a good question. From all I can gather, I don't have any indication of that. The first indication we can rely on is the FB posting from GS.

Best,

Mel

I'll add something more to the mass confusion.......I know I read somewhere at sometime that Maxie's mother, Dina, was also there.......but I can't find that article anywhere to save my soul...........and I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it.........but could have since I also follow FCA!!!

yes, why the big secret as to the individuals in the home on Monday, July 11.........

I posted a link about that way back. Some article did say she was there. It may have been lalate and I have no idea how reputable that is, but then again the regular press doesn't seem to check their facts either or always has undisclosed sources, someone close to the investigation (gotta love that one), or an anonymous family friend who is somehow speaking for the family.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/spreckels-mansion-hanging-suicide-sister/story?id=14106680

and

Incident?

My theory of a run in with the chandelier/fall of an electrical nature would fit with a medically induced coma for electrical shock, I think.

With Rebecca being entwined in an electrical cord I thought I had a rage connection also.

BUT could it be Maxie’s death was from secondary result of the accident like a stroke or seizure?

Or conversely the accident a result of sudden underlying unknown medical problem?

Wouldn’t the extent of a fall injury be determined pretty quickly with the witness statements and presumably x-rays and other diagnostic tools?

all imo

comas are frequently induced in cases of a severe head injury.

I'm just going by what I would do, and not what the father would do. But if he stayed in the hospital with his son, HIPPA rules would appy. The minute he left the hospital to sleep elsewhere, that information could/would be released.

I really think he was at his sons bedside until he passed -- I can't think of any other scenario for him or Dina to leave -- even if for lunch. I know I sure wouldn't. :(

Just my opinion.

Mel

just heard this morning that JS was at his gym (alone--not with RN) in Coronado on Tuesday--while his son lay in a coma. I work with someone that goes to that gym and an employee reported that last night at class. Of course, it is hearsay, and I, personally, find it hard to believe that he'd be going to the gym the day after his son is gravely injured. But if the parents were taking turns sitting by their son's bedside, it may be plausible...maybe it was a release of stress for him?

... snipped ...

Incident?

As the accident happened prior to a 10:10 am 911 call, I think it is unlikely that the chandelier was switch to ON when the accident happened.

Therefore, there would be no electricity flowing through that chandelier - no electrical shock.

IMO based on my understanding of how electricity works - I could be wrong

comas are frequently induced in cases of a severe head injury.

Yes, but wouldn’t a head injury be an obvious cause of death?

Would there still be an autopsy if assessments showed brain injury and the victim was know to have fallen on his head?

all imo

The presser on CBS (20+ minutes) includes the statement from LE that AS was the last person to see RN on Tuesday evening. You can find this a couple pages back on the upthread.

Thanks! :)

Mel

OK,AS had motive,opportunity and intent.

Motive: anger

Opportunity: staying guesthouse at mansion

Intent: humiliation(staging of victim)

Herding Cats connected the dots and I think she has the best theory.:clap:

Disclamer,I am usually wrong. :doh:

and

Incident?

BUT could it be Maxie&#8217;s death was from secondary result of the accident like a stroke or seizure?

Wouldn&#8217;t the extent of a fall injury be determined pretty quickly with the witness statements and presumably x-rays and other diagnostic tools?

all imo

Good post Jade ... see the link I just posted upstream, some of the same causes are mentioned in the article linked, plus medication can be the culprit. I think something could have happened and then he fell. Like you said, electrical shock seems more likely than he a fall causing no breathing and no pulse - possible but seems unlikely. It's also possible the other girl or the dog rammed into him unexpectedly and caused an accident that was different than just falling off a balcony or stairs. Maybe they were also looking at the chandelier because of some injury that didn't seem it could have happened in a passive fall, thinking they were not getting the whole story?

Per reports that the girl there on Monday is not related to Max, are any of those coming directly from LE? I know LE is saying much, but at this point I'd take anything not coming from them with a grain of salt. As I think someone pointed out ... LE may have said x or y was not at home but they did not verify x and y were at the hospital ... and so on.

Because of RN's death, the autopsy was requested, I believe by LE.
I think this came out at a press conference.
IMO

and

Incident?

BUT could it be Maxie&#8217;s death was from secondary result of the accident like a stroke or seizure?

Wouldn&#8217;t the extent of a fall injury be determined pretty quickly with the witness statements and presumably x-rays and other diagnostic tools?

all imo

and this is curious to me, from your link:

Although Max died in a hospital under a doctor's care, Corbin said, "He was being cared for by a doctor, but we don't know why he died physically."

When Max fell on July 11, police received a call from a woman at the mansion who they would not identify, requesting medical aid for Max. Another person, a young female, was also present at the time of the accident, police said.

Max "had fallen from stairs and was not breathing and did not have a pulse," Coronado Police Chief Louis Scanlon told reporters last week. Paramedics performed CPR and the boy was hospitalized. He died Sunday.

Now, probably sloppy reporting but we have a link upthread saying the 13 yr old called 911. Max: No pulse AND not breathing? That's SOME fall. That sounds like a spinal cord injury, maybe? A broken neck, maybe?

My husband died at home but he wasn't PRONOUNCED dead till he got to a DR at the hospital and was "under a doctors care." So, at this point, I'm not putting alot of stock in that.

From the details we have gathered:

1. GS posted on FB Friday, July 15th - RIP Maxie.
&#8220;RIP Maxie. We&#8217;ll miss your sweet smile and kind heart more than you&#8217;ll ever know. I&#8217;ll love you forever,&#8221; was the posting on the Facebook page of <modsnip>, the teenage daughter of Jonah Shacknai.

Source: http://flowercompany.net/2011/07/mansion-owner%E2%80%99s-daughter-posts-rip-maxie-online-new-warrant-served/

2. Maxie's death was "ANNOUNCED" on Sunday, July 17th. This doesn't mean he died on Sunday.

He was rushed to the hospital with serious injuries and his death was announced Sunday.

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/US/spreckels-mansion-death-boy-max-schacknai-dies/story?id=14097880

IMHO - I think Maxie was kept alive for the transplants. I don't know exactly when he was pronounced dead -- only that his death was made public on Sunday. He very well could have been brain dead on Friday, as per GS's facebook posting.

Was Maxie dead on Tuesday night? That's a good question. From all I can gather, I don't have any indication of that. The first indication we can rely on is the FB posting from GS.

Best,

Mel

Also note:

The boy underwent an MRI on Wednesday afternoon, [Romano] said.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...icis-ceo-womans-death-reported-san-diego.html

Loud music is commonly equated with a party...but not necessarily so. Loud music can also disguise screams....or make it seem that there IS a party.

My theory thus far: I'm stuck on the 3rd person in the house when Max fell. The 13 yr old made the 911 call; I posted the link upthread, last night. I wonder if all was not well between half-siblings...if it was a half sibling at the house. There would be no death investigation while the child stayed on life support and he did, even though I read there was no pulse or breathing after he fell and when paramedics arrived (I also posted link saying such, upthread). Did he ever regain a pulse or breathe? I know they donated organs, read the link posted upthread...is that why he was kept alive? And it seems Rebecca died before too many questions could be asked about the fall. Was she questioned at all? Is that convenient for someone? Many questions, friends...not many answers, yet. Those sealed search warrants are really irking me...they may give a clue.

Yes, I wondered if she even got questioned at all. Since it was deemed an accident, I'm sure initial statements where taken but probably very general. Sure does seem like she possibly was saying things on Tuesday that someone didn't want her talking about........was the brother brought in to "keep her in line"?

No sunshine law in CA???????????

just heard this morning that JS was at his gym (alone--not with RN) in Coronado on Tuesday--while his son lay in a coma. I work with someone that goes to that gym and an employee reported that last night at class. Of course, it is hearsay, and I, personally, find it hard to believe that he'd be going to the gym the day after his son is gravely injured. But if the parents were taking turns sitting by their son's bedside, it may be plausible...maybe it was a release of stress for him?

I think some are going under the impression that Max did not pass until later in the week, but if we assume (for theorizing purposes) that they pretty much knew he was gone right after the accident (just waiting as someone said to donate organs or to let family see him or whatever), then it seems the whole idea of a parent thinking they needed to stay by a child deathbed changes.

I suspect neither Dina nor JS were there 24/7 from Monday until Sunday. No one in authority has said they were as far as I know. If so, does someone have the link?

Yes, but wouldn&#8217;t a head injury be an obvious cause of death?

Would there still be an autopsy if assessments showed brain injury and the victim was know to have fallen on his head?

all imo

I think the autopsy is standard. Not only that, with the second tragedy they may want to rule out blunt force trauma with an object as opposed to the floor as having caused his unjury.

I still think he fell off the landing. I don't think anyone murdered the child.

Good post Jade ... see the link I just posted upstream, some of the same cause are mentioned in the article linked, plus medication can be the culprit. I think something could have happened and then he fell. Like you said, electrical shock seems more likely than he a fall causing no breathing and no pulse - possible but seems unlikely. It's also possible the other girl or the dog rammed into him unexpectedly and caused an accident that was different than just falling off a balcony or stairs. Maybe they were also looking at the chandelier because of some injury that didn't seem it could have happened in a passive fall, thinking they were not getting the whole story?

Per reports that the girl there on Monday is not related to Max, are any of those coming directly from LE? I know LE is saying much, but at this point I'd take anything not coming from them with a grain of salt. As I think someone pointed out ... LE may have said x or y was not at home but they did not verify x and y were at the hospital ... and so on.

Saw your post after I had posted!

I was trying to think of a way that the second child was also injured as well.

I have pretty much discounted the theory of electrical shock as I was visualizing the whole thing crashing down as in a rumored report by a neighbor.

Not so sure that is true because of other reports talking about the investigators reviewing the scene and no one has said the chandelier is on the floor.

Having lived in a historic house I know even after renovations the electrical can be an issue.

all imo

Just curious, but I've yet to see a link that AS ever went to the hospital to visit Max, or JS. If AS arrived on Tuesday, did he go to the hospital anytime that day? Did he even see JS?

Anyone know?

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members