IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this were my son, I would definitely hire an attorney. But if he had been in a long-term relationship with a missing girl, I think I would go to the location and provide support to both my son and the girl's parents. I can't understand why he left town either. Maybe the pressure from the community was really intense. The article below says that JW is "represented by Bloomington attorney Larry Lozano", so maybe he plans on returning. I just don't get the feeling he was involved, but it's hard to rule him out because he is the boyfriend.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surv...spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

I just have to think that it's hard for him to be around LS's parents. Even being completely innocent, the fact he's listed as a POI would send awkward vibes towards the parents and other volunteers.
It's hard to know exactly what I'd do in his position. But him going home is insignificant in my opinion. I'm much more suspicious of the other guys involved and for good reason..

I am unclear that drugs were involved at all.
At this point I can not even say for certain the young woman is not alive.

I have not yet seen clear signs of adult runaway but there has
not been enough info made public about her life leading up to this event
to make such conclusions possible so I await more info.

I have not seen evidence of a death yet either.

If a death did happen I am wondering if the heart condition may have
been more the culprit than who she was with but even that would need
more evidence to draw a firm conclusion.

If she was actually the victim of foul play the chances are better that it
was someone she knew but the environment she traveled in that night
sounds unsafe (if they found a purse belonging to another unrelated
murder between the buildings she went to,as reported in MSM news
story) so she could very well have become the victim of an opportunity
hunter.

The images:
Having done a little minor work on images for myself from time to time
I can say I think some of the image stuff seen when images were
enlarged was artifact trash, stuff that gets generated when you enlarge
something and/or start changing contrast etc., and some was guesswork.
(Still, at least people were trying to help.) Not saying I can do any better
but just that it takes some pretty fancy software to fixup some images
and even then there are limits to what good you can get.
Maybe someone has access to such software and the skills to use it.
We can only hope.

Yea, well there is that additional aspect of LS hanging out with another guy that night. The guy that was allegedly beat up by boyfriend's friend.

I understand your point but...for me anyway, I could put a possible infidelity on the back burner. I would definately stay to support the parents & help out wherever I could. Especially for someone I had been with for years & was so close to etc..

I just have to think that it's hard for him to be around LS's parents. Even being completely innocent, the fact he's listed as a POI would send awkward vibes towards the parents and other volunteers.
It's hard to know exactly what I'd do in his position. But him going home is insignificant in my opinion. I'm much more suspicious of the other guys involved and for good reason..

I agree his going home is insignificant. I feel so bad for the parents right now, that if I were JW's mom I think I would want to do whatever I could to support them. But it's possible to do so from a distance. I assume JW is also grieving, and for all we know may be in touch with Lauren's parents. He's the least suspicious in my opinion, also.

I understand your point but...for me anyway, I could put a possible infidelity on the back burner. I would definately stay to support the parents & help out wherever I could. Especially for someone I had been with for years & was so close to etc..

Regardless of whether he can put it on the back burner (and considering jealousy has been suggested as a possible motive, that idea seems rather contradictory to me) I'd think it could make the situation pretty awkward if he is expected to be around her parents. Her parents appear to be pretty desperate to get their daughter back, and might be suspicious of people who knew LS of at least withholding information.

I think her friends or friends of friends were involved. LS leaving her phone and shoes makes me think maybe she was drugged on top of her alcohol consumption. The fight has me worried about how this group of people handles problems. LS making sure the guy got home ok, doesn't make sense...it should have been the other way around. The 2nd guy watching her leave doesn't make sense either. He was chivralous enough to put a man to bed, but seemed to think it was ok to let a small, intoxicated, barefoot female, who didn't even have a phone, to just walk away into the night? and the 1st guy has no memory...I don't have any idea of what happened, but these 2 guys and their stories don't add up, IMO.

It's really odd that a barefoot Lauren would have to walk CR home to make sure he got there ok. I can imagine him convincing her to come with him, telling her to come on, he needs her help, etc.; and her going because she was a nice person and he had just been in an altercation with her boyfriend's friends.

Regardless of whether he can put it on the back burner (and considering jealousy has been suggested as a possible motive, that idea seems rather contradictory to me) I'd think it could make the situation pretty awkward if he is expected to be around her parents. Her parents appear to be pretty desperate to get their daughter back, and might be suspicious of people who knew LS of at least withholding information.

I think her parents have made it pretty clear that they believe some of the group are holding back...they were literally begging the other day...

It's really odd that a barefoot Lauren would have to walk CR home to make sure he got there ok. I can imagine him convincing her to come with him, telling her to come on, he needs her help, etc.; and her going because she was a nice person and he had just been in an altercation with her boyfriend's friends.

We don't even know if CR was coherent after he allegedly got punched. We also don't really know what Lauren's motivation for taking him home was. Where did the idea that she wanted to make sure he was o'key came from? Her roommate? Sure would help if we could see the videos of LS in the alley, wouldn't it?

That night LS and CR were hanging out together, and maybe publicly making out a bit. JW's friends punched CR in the face, and LS still chose to walk away with CR. Going with an assumption thar JW isn't involved with her disappearance, I have to wonder if his ego is too hurt to stick around and help find his longterm girlfriend who was quite possibly about to cheat on him. I think there is more to their story that we don't know about. Maybe LS caught JW cheating and was hurt, drinking too much, and looking to hook up with CR to get revenge. Or maybe she was really interested in the tempting, bad boy CR. Either way, low self-esteem combined with a big ego could have sent JW packing and gone. Maybe he crudely thinks she brought this on herself. Intense media scrutiny caused his family to get him a lawyer.

I'm more inclined to suspect something amiss about JR, the last confirmed person to see LS, who for some unknown reason did not walk the inebriated, tiny, vulnerable girl home.

I also wonder about the friendship between LS and her roommate. Maybe they weren't too close since the girl isn't exactly torn up over this. Yet I don't think she's involved.

With friends like these...

Those poor parents of Lauren's. Some Father's Day, huh?! Let's hope they get her back or get some answers.

We don't even know if CR was coherent after he allegedly got punched. We also don't really know what Lauren's motivation for taking him home was. Where did the idea that she wanted to make sure he was o'key came from? Her roommate? Sure would help if we could see the videos of LS in the alley, wouldn't it?

Yes, I would love to know his state of mind! A part of me really faults CR for the whole disappearance. He's the one with her at her own apartment at 2:30 but still has her leave with him, barefoot! So whether or not he was coherent would make a huge difference to me.
I'm not sure where we heard that she wanted to make sure he was ok...

Can someone remind me of the person in CR's building who was interviewed who said he recognized LS and had seen her around? What was his name, who was he exactly? Also is any of the extended circle of friends EMPLOYED at Kilroy's?

I'm very slightly leaning towards believing this is random abduction. I can explain the ten minutes by thinking she was the delay herself (throwing up, or possibly even passed out) and the ten minutes was the time it took to make sure the scene was clear, and to haul her into the truck. If she was as wasted as the rumor mill has it, she may not have even made a scene.
But there's just too much unknown to feel it's more than a 51-49 split.
I seam to remember that guy that they interviewed first said he recognized her from her being at the building then quickly corrected himself to he recognized her from her passing buy the building.That seamed a little suspicious.But I guess that is par for the course everything about this case seams to strike me as slightly suspicious.

I know Lauren may not have had her keys by the time she got to Smallwood, when the fight occurred (do we know?) but did she even try to get into her apartment, see if her roommates were home? Seems she would have at least wanted some shoes...

I hope LE will let out some more details tomorrow at the PC; if they are not making progress on their own, maybe it is time...by now, even more kids have left for the summer, they are losing potential witnesses.

Just chiming in to say how frustrated I am that with all the speculation and sleuthing on this case and those like it, SOMEONE out there knows exactly where Lauren is! I would think that if it were her "friends", someone would be having some serious battles within their conscience right now and has probably confided in SOMEONE by now. If it is a random stranger, WHAT is he doing/thinking right now?

My questions are of course rhetorical as none of us knows the answer, but it's so hard for me to fathom that there are people out ther with crucial information who are simply sitting on it for one reason or another... :(

One of my closest friends has a son that attends this school and I can't imagine if it were him that was missing OR if it were him that knew something and wasn't saying anything. I pray for closure for Lauren's family very soon..

For the record, I'm leaning slightly away from the random stranger theory..

I know Lauren may not have had her keys by the time she got to Smallwood, when the fight occurred (do we know?) but did she even try to get into her apartment, see if her roommates were home? Seems she would have at least wanted some shoes...

I hope LE will let out some more details tomorrow at the PC; if they are not making progress on their own, maybe it is time...by now, even more kids have left for the summer, they are losing potential witnesses.

From the location the keys were found, I believe they had to be lost on her way to CR, so presumably she should have had them when she got to Smallwood from the bar.

When LS and CR went back to her place, maybe she went there to grab a pair of shoes to wear. I recall a pic of her holding a jacket, wearing what looked like white ballet flats later on. After CR got punched, he might have guilted her into walking him home, hoping to hook up at his place or to set things in motion for the future. She might have had some interest too. He was a known bad boy, banned from the dorm, and that is a draw for some.

attachment.php

attachment.php

ok wanted you to see too what i am seeing,

in this series, i blurred out the image to take out the video lines, then started painting the guys face. his looks remind me of the actor dabney coleman ...also there are two dogs in there. can you see them?? maybe the reason the cab was full ...of pets!

also i am noticing that the video skips around so part of his face get drawn/blurred back, i havent studied that dog in the wind shield(but could be a dog resting his head on the dash board, but that video blur effect makes him look like he is in the windshield...possible will check it out),

the dogs i am seeing are in the passenger seat and behind the right shoulder of the driver, i may paint them in later...

in my summary, based on what i am seeing the the truck photo, i am sticking to the girl possibly being held by maybe a large person with a pointed hair line(male patterned baldness/eddie munster?) , and a driver that looks like a dabney coleman, i do see the action of him reaching his right arm above him behind the seat to pet/calm a dog whose face is over his right shoulder and left hand is on the wheel, with the other dog in the passenger seat...

Attachments

• driverlss6.jpg
    driverlss6.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 39
  • driverlss777.jpg
    driverlss777.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 38
  • lsdriverpaint.jpg
    lsdriverpaint.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 166
  • lsra2w.jpg
    lsra2w.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 165
If anyone is browsing some of these related facebook profiles, click their "friends" and hit the thumbnail view - a number of the girls have put up pics of LS and them together as their profile pic. Rather heartbreaking. :cry:

When LS and CR went back to her place, maybe she went there to grab a pair of shoes to wear. I recall a pic of her holding a jacket, wearing what looked like white ballet flats later on. After CR got punched, he might have guilted her into walking him home, hoping to hook up at his place or to set things in motion for the future. She might have had some interest too. He was a known bad boy, banned from the dorm, and that is a draw for some.

That picture was from before she met up with CR, on her was out of Smallwood at 12:30. I can definitely see CR pressuring her to walk him home. She may have been angry that JW's friends were interfering with her life.

attachment.php

attachment.php

ok wanted you to see too what i am seeing,

in this series, i blurred out the image to take out the video lines, then started painting the guys face. his looks remind me of the actor dabney coleman ...also there are two dogs in there. can you see them?? maybe the reason the cab was full ...of pets!

also i am noticing that the video skips around so part of his face get drawn/blurred back, i havent studied that dog in the wind shield(but could be a dog resting his head on the dash board, but that video blur effect makes him look like he is in the windshield...possible will check it out),

the dogs i am seeing are in the passenger seat and behind the right shoulder of the driver, i may paint them in later...

in my summary, based on what i am seeing the the truck photo, i am sticking to the girl possibly being held by maybe a large person with a pointed hair line(male patterned baldness/eddie munster?) , and a driver that looks like a dabney coleman, i do see the action of him reaching his right arm above him behind the seat to pet/calm a dog whose face is over his right shoulder and left hand is on the wheel, with the other dog in the passenger seat...

Thank you for trying.

I never saw any statement from the people involved as to why she left with him.Just as I never saw anything that the roommate even knew about the altercation that night.I am still trying to figure out why she brought him back to her apt.I know what people are going to say but according to HT her boyfriend practically lived their so it is pretty likely he would have found out.If that was the plan I would think they would have went strait back to CR apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak