Emergency custody papers filed by mother of JI's son 11/14/11

All the more reason why we, as a culture, must set the bar higher, must insist on a better standard of care for our innocent and vulnerable children.

People who won't take care of their children shouldn't have them.

So true. The fact the bio mom has not lived with her son since 2005 makes me hope it's a very gradual and closely monitored reentry into her son's life.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do

I do not post very often however I feel very strong about this post. Why should the step-brother (who is not really a step-brother because they are not married) not have a chance with his biological mother. Right now he is hunkered down in a home where he cannot go outside and play due to media around his step-mother (not really) and lives with two adults that are in my opinion very disfunctional and if not in a very emotional state. Yes there is a reason his mother was not granted custody however it has been stated that it was a very "ugly custody" battle.

Here we have a father that is not married to the mother of their daughter and has custody of his son and not allowing him to see his biological mother -- not to mention that his "girlfriend" is under investigation about the wearabouts of their daughter.

WHAT a Man he is -- not in my opinion.

May justice be served for this little boy and his biological mother. I pray.

I do not post very often however I feel very strong about this post. Why should the step-brother (who is not really a step-brother because they are not married) not have a chance with his biological mother. Right now he is hunkered down in a home where he cannot go outside and play due to media around his step-mother (not really) and lives with two adults that are in my opinion very disfunctional and if not in a very emotional state. Yes there is a reason his mother was not granted custody however it has been stated that it was a very "ugly custody" battle.

Here we have a father that is not married to the mother of their daughter and has custody of his son and not allowing him to see his biological mother -- not to mention that his "girlfriend" is under investigation about the wearabouts of their daughter.

Why is it always the man's fault in a custody case? His girlfriend btw is not under investigation. This is still is a missing persons case.

And that is based on WHO exactly? Hearsay from a neighbor? How do you know she couldn't see them from the door? How do you know she didn't go in the house to go to the bathroom?

We imply an awful lot based on very little factual information.

Are you implying that, even if she COULD see the older children from the door ( she admitted she did not see the sick infant from 6:30 on) that this is an adequate standard of care for children from 6:30 on until past their bedtimes?

I find it highly unlikely that 2 children this age camped out within view of the door hour after hour after hour unless they were begging and crying for help (that never came).

I think it's pretty irresponsible to say the boy is not being protected and loved now when you don't know what goes on in that house on a regular basis. Just mentioned above, but what if DB was blacked out due to Ambien? Or some other prescription drug? Does that change the 'neglect' aspect then?

Not one bit. It just makes it worse: taking drugs AND leaving three children without adult supervision from 6:30 on.

All the more reason why we, as a culture, must set the bar higher, must insist on a better standard of care for our innocent and vulnerable children.

People who won't take care of their children shouldn't have them.

With respect, what then does this say about the non-custodial parents of DB's son and JI's son? In both cases, the non-custodial parent says they have not seen their child for years. How can you just not see your own child for years unless you are being legally prevented from doing so? Wouldn't you do everything in your power (backed up by the force of the law) to see your own child?

Not directed towards you, OneLove, but a thought from an earlier discussion: how is being removed from the custody of the only parent (JI) with whom he has had continual contact throughout his young life with considered 'normalcy'?

As others have said, if CPS had reason to believe that there was an immediate threat to the health or safety of the child, they could already have acted.

I just don't see any perfect solutions here, but I'm not so quick to believe that being taken away from the father who has raised him from an early age is the best one for this little boy.

So true. The fact the bio mom has not lived with her son since 2005 makes me hope it's a very gradual and closely monitored reentry into her son's life.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do

I thought I read where it was 2008, not 2005?

Also in one of the other threads In da Middle stated that there had been no filing to challenge custody. I looked myself, also, and that is true as of tonight.

Well, if that little boy is taken away because Deb drank and someone kidnapped her child, then anyone who is a deep sleeper, who takes sleeping pills or any meds to sleep need to have their children taken away??? What? If Deb or Jeremy did something to little Lisa, I would be concerned. But we don't know that Deb's drinking that night had anything to do with Lisa being missing. FBI and/or LE would absolutely have children services in that home if they thought there was an issue. I haven't seen or heard anything about Deb being neglectful to her children. Teachers, neighbours, doctors...someone would speak up![/B] Sorry, but there are hundreds of thousands of parents who drink and their children don't get kidnapped.

BBM Red - And we don't know that it didn't.
BBM Blue - One would think that of all people, these people would but that isn't always the case. Highly educated and acclaimed coaches, supervisors and The Dean himself couldn't muster up the courage to notify LE about suspected abuse going on right there under their noses.
No need to be sorry, I agree there are thousands of parents who drink and their children don't go missing but Lisa did.

Did you not hear what I was saying about the biological mother having a chance with her son while he is living in this "nightmare" around his home?

I have two boys and for the life of me I would not in any circumstance have them not be able to go out and play etc. I would look for other family members to care for them until this event was over. Do you not agree?

Are you implying that, even if she COULD see the older children from the door ( she admitted she did not see the sick infant from 6:30 on) that this is an adequate standard of care for children from 6:30 on until past their bedtimes?

I find it highly unlikely that 2 children this age camped out within view of the door hour after hour after hour unless they were begging and crying for help (that never came).

I am implying that it is not a fact that the woman never stepped foot in the door when she was outside. As for what is 'adequate' childcare, everyone has their own opinion of what that is. For example, is having a child watch tv while the parent is in another room typing on this forum 'adequate' childcare?

I am not sure if she ever tried to see her son, or why Jeremy fought so hard for custody. I am not sure why a bio-mom wouldn't try to see her son way before this or why she is going to court now after her son has been through hell. I am not sure how ripping him from his family will help. The media know where bio-mom live ( and I don't mean bio mom in a bad way just don't know what to call her) and may watch her house too. It hasn't been reported Jeremy has left his son with Debbie sense the kidnapping. It hasn't been reported Jeremy has ever done anything to his children, including getting drunk around them. all we know for sure is that he worked hard to take care of his family, picked up some overtime and now has no clue where his daughter is. We don't even know if he knew Debbie would be drinking that night. I have seen nothing bad about him, I have seen nothing reported that would make him an unfit parent or neglectful. I stated before I hope both boys can be surrounded with love but I don't think a custody battle is going to help anyone. I think the timing is wrong and if she is that concerned she should have filed before the media visited her twice.

Well, if that little boy is taken away because Deb drank and someone kidnapped her child, then anyone who is a deep sleeper, who takes sleeping pills or any meds to sleep need to have their children taken away??? What? If Deb or Jeremy did something to little Lisa, I would be concerned. But we don't know that Deb's drinking that night had anything to do with Lisa being missing. FBI and/or LE would absolutely have children services in that home if they thought there was an issue. I haven't seen or heard anything about Deb being neglectful to her children. Teachers, neighbours, doctors...someone would speak up! Sorry, but there are hundreds of thousands of parents who drink and their children don't get kidnapped.

Could be the same dynamic we have seen played out many times and is currently happening in the state of Washington with missing Sky. His mother was clearly and admittedly criminally neglectful. Law enforcement has clearly said that finding Sky takes precedence over arresting his mother for neglect but will not rule out doing so once Sky's whereabouts have been ascertained. :)

I'm sorry. I really didn't realize the stigma. :) I really just thought it was a term. Nothing more, nothing less.

IMO it is just a term. Nothing more, nothing less. People who want to stigmatize it have their own experiences with it, of course. But that certainly doesn't make it a universal truth.

Did you not hear what I was saying about the biological mother having a chance with her son while he is living in this "nightmare" around his home?

I have two boys and for the life of me I would not in any circumstance have them not be able to go out and play etc. I would look for other family members to care for them until this event was over. Do you not agree?

They are not in their own home, they are staying with other family members. We don't know what their daily lives are, do we?

Whoo I hope a very competent and thorough judge looks at this. It is very rare for a mother not to get custody in a divorce and usually if they don't it is with good reason or they don't want custody because they have other things to do. I know it has been said that JI was ruthless in the divorce/custody but something must have been there if a judge warranted custody to JI and either did not award any visitation or the mother didn't want it. Hope she has some better excuses for not being a parent than it was a bitter divorce because they all usually are.

Birthing a child does not a mother make you.

BBM1 = for a reason
BBM2 = maybe she hasn't made any attempt to see him? She had the right to and could have ensured that she did
BBM3 = under investigation? Link???
BBM4 = some judge, at some point handed down that justice.

Not to mention, just because you don't consider them brothers, doesn't mean they don't consider each other family!

Dad's can and should certainly help out but he worked two jobs and Mom takes it upon herself to drink herself into oblivion so she didn't expect him to help, she expected him to be the sole caregiver after no sleep, two jobs and was he to go to work the next morning?
Worked two jobs? He worked one night of overtime on his regular job.

No it's not, but she's also not the first or the last parent to do something that wasn't in the best interest of children, even if it was not meant to cause harm.

Not directed at you, but I've always found that the ones with the holier-than-thou attitude, especially when it comes to parenting are usually the ones with the most skeletons in the closet.

So, people who don't think a Mom with a sick teething baby and two little boys getting drunk and blacking out on a school night with no other caregiver home is okay, are holier-than-thou according to you? That is very interesting.

I thought I read where it was 2008, not 2005?

Also in one of the other threads In da Middle stated that there had been no filing to challenge custody. I looked myself, also, and that is true as of tonight.

I think maybe the motion was filed as part of the original case. According to casenet, the info there is no longer publicly available.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back