**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I've stated that one can not 'accept as evidence in the trial' that the *accident* ever occured or that it was a head trauma *because* there is absolutely no evidence of such IN THIS TRIAL. The state put forth a witness to dispute that, and the defense did NOT put forth any evidence to rebut that testimony.

What witness did the state bring forward to show the accident Jason saw, never happened?

The defense refuted it in three (3) ways:

1) The email Jason sent to Gen describing the accident
2) The email MY sent to SS, asking her to check it out, cause Jase was upset after seeing the accident
3) Jason's testimony where he said he stopped to help

It was also the state who tried to make it look like the accident Jason and Michelle had was a murder attempt.:rolleyes:

Thankfully, the state trooper who investigated the accident testified it was merely an accident, and what an impressive witness he was.

SBM BBM

Whom has actually received money from this.

We know that a law firm invoiced and received 1 million from this policy.

I am truly trying to figure out what exactly was billed in this 1 million after having been the executrix of some large estates.

If that was me as the executrix I would be asking for a forensic accounting of this as I know I would be accounting to a judge a bill of this magnitude.

As I have not seen this bill I would bet that this bill covers more than just the dealings over a life insurance policy thus I must ask what other services rendered did it cover?

The executrix received $156,000 for dealings with respect to the life insurance policy.

This insurance money was to go into trust for CY. I have to ask why these large sums of money were paid out and for what?

Yet conversely if it takes 1 million to simply handle a life insurance policy how could JY be expected to cover the legal fees on a custody hearing which are ongoing and we know would of been a very bitter fight with $40,000.

It seems that someone should be requesting a forensic accounting of this trust account for CY.

The estate documents are public record at the clerks office if you would like to personally inspect.
Since he was named the slayer and civilly responsible for MY's death, JLY has zero claim to anything in MY's estate - including life insurance where he was named beneficiary. In fact, JLY owes Linda $15,500,000 directly.

Attorney fees charged for such a civil judgement are actually very reasonable.

I think you are right. I usually go to Rex since it is very close by. Excellent hospital and my preference unless a severe trauma. Then send me to Wake Med. Wake Med is the Trauma Center in town. Did SS work there?

One of our daughters lives just a couple blocks from Rex, but unless my grandchild is in extreme danger of not making it that far, they are transported to Wake Med.

SBM BBM

Whom has actually received money from this.

We know that a law firm invoiced and received 1 million from this policy.

I am truly trying to figure out what exactly was billed in this 1 million after having been the executrix of some large estates.

Civil suits are handled by a percentage of the settlement.

Thanks for the new thread ... bringing my comment from the other thread over as I would like to hear how others interpret this list

I don't think there is absolute proof that Jason was or was not involved. What I see is a prosecution theory where all sorts of circumstantial points have been strung together to reinforce the theory that Jason is guilty.

What has the proseuction presented:

- an unplugged camera that cannot be connected to Jason
- a questionable gas attendant witness that added new information to her testimony after she admittedly didn't remember anything about the customer in her store
- prints in places that should match Jason, but don't
- a theory about medicine with nothing to connect the medicine to Jason or the child (no evidence she was drugged)
- two pair of shoes but no explanation why Jason would wear size 10 shoes to commit a strangulation murder
- a motive of millions of dollars but at the same time Jason knew that as a suspect he could not claim the millions
- allegations of a prior murder attempt and an accident investigator that attended the scene stating that everyone was wearing a seatbelt, that it was an accident in a place where accidents had happened before
- adultery
- dishonesty about the adultery
- sexual dysfunction in the marriage
- two people that participate in loud verbal disagreements in public
- an unhappy marriage
- a missing shirt, missing worn out hush puppy shoes, missing size 10 shoes
- a husband that was advised not to speak to police because he was immediately considered a suspect
- some investigation into possible suspects at a nearby trailer park that did not produce any leads
- vehicles seen at the property from 3:30 or 4 AM until about 6 AM.
- porch and driveway lights on (could have been left on the from the night before)
- missing items but no insurance claim for those missing items
- a poor planner that fails to calculate the amount of gas required to make the 510 mile trip but plans other details such as two pair of shoes for a strangulation murder
- an unfaithful husband that was in contact with his mistress before and after the murder, making no attempt to hide his frequent contact with his mistress
- no video surveillance on the 10 cameras at the hotel showing all of Jason's movements (morning activity)
- an unplugged camera
- no murder weapon
- a child that acts out the murder with play figures and identifies the mother figure, but not the figure that is "spanking" the mother figure for "biting" (she was familiar enough with both parents to identify both of them if the father was involved)

Did I miss anything? I don't see the above as proof of murder. It appears to be the case that investigators assumed that Jason was guilty and that they looked for circumstances that would support their theory.

:goodpost: !!

This theory that Jason could squeeze his size 12 feet in a Size 10 hightop athletic shoe to purposely leave prints is not plausible.

The Size 10 shoe impressions were the ones that were more obvious and it was stated those were the shoes that would have more blood on them, so, therefore those were the shoes the murderer had on.

To suggest someone can walk in shoe sizes 2 sizes too small, should have been demonstrated by the state, if that is what they think.

Jason was sitting right there,why not ask him to put on the Frankins?

Home experiments with someone's foot sticking out of the back of the shoe is not reasonable either.

The Size 10 shoes are probably what is going to be the most discussed and debated in the deliberation room.

So, who do they belong to?

The estate documents are public record at the clerks office if you would like to personally inspect.
Since he was named the slayer and civilly responsible for MY's death, JLY has zero claim to anything in MY's estate - including life insurance where he was named beneficiary. In fact, JLY owes Linda $15,500,000 directly.

In fact I thought these fees were rather reasonable. Someone I know now is involved in a civil suit where the attorney fees are going to be 40 % of the eventual settlement.

That is interesting. Everybody has their own preferences.

DT could have asked JY to put on the franklins...worked for OJ and the gloves.

Just dropping in to say (again): if you are planning a murder, you plan to leave "evidence" that points away from yourself. One of the easiest ways of course is shoes and prints that are too small. <modsnip>.

So it was really fees dealing with a civil suit on behalf of the family not really the life insurance policy....

Thus the only person that paid for this was CY....

Just dropping in to say (again): if you are planning a murder, you plan to leave "evidence" that points away from yourself. One of the easiest ways of course is shoes and prints that are too small.<modsnip>

But yet you wear ur other shoes.. SMH!!!

[

DT could have asked JY to put on the franklins...worked for OJ and the gloves.

But ,it was not up to the defense to prove that Jason could NOT fit into the Size 10 shoes, it is the state's job to prove that he CAN !!

Why didn't they do it, and erase any and all doubts either way?

:what:

Michelle sent an email to a friend about the accident that Jason witnessed. Prosecutors had that information, but the defense had to point it out to the jury to counteract the prosecution's implication that the "head trauma" searches were related to the murder.

And that friend was SS, so why didn't the dt on cross question SS about the accident???

[

But,it is not up to the defense to prove that Jason could NOT fit into the Size 10 shoes, it is the state's job to prove that he CAN !!

Why didn't they do it, and erase any doubts either way?

Of course they aren't going to do that. It won't fit in there. :floorlaugh:

[

But ,it was not up to the defense to prove that Jason could NOT fit into the Size 10 shoes, it is the state's job to prove that he CAN !!

Exactly.. Defense could have said not one word... Its up to the state to prove everything... And IMO they didnt....

I never heard the PT say anything about JLY trying to put size 10 shoes on his feet or even his hands :waitasec:

[

DT can choose to refute anything they want....just like they tried with the gas mileage. Don't have to but can choose to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong