The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am a city girl who has many reasons to use duct tape and I do know it will not stick to anything that is wet. How would you wipe off hair enough that the tape would even begin to stay in place with the ends stuck together? It would have slipped and slid all over the place and never held the mandible in place for close to six months under those conditions - and yet it did. Because it was stuck to the hair mass. The hair mass surely would have originally had to be dry to have it stick.

I just tried this when I got out of the shower. No tape on my hair, which an inch or so shorter than Caylee's and no sticky stuff either. just slid right off.

I got a roll of duct tape and then put my head under the faucet. I still have a head of hair. Lightly dried with towel..4 seconds took a 12 inch strip of duct tape and put over my head in tooth ache position and tape adhered to the point it hurt to pull it off.

Just still trying to make sense of it all... We will never know what exactly went down because they (CA, GA, KC) all lie. The thing is he wants to get into the trunk for something entirely different and finds that his stolen gas cans are there too.

The AS she opened the trunk of the car statement tells me he is near the vehicle. He's either in the garage looking directly into the trunk or right in the doorway of the door that goes from the garage into the house with a view of the trunk... because Greta says "the gas cans are there"...and GA says "she took the gas cans"..the flow of the conversation points in a direction that he can SEE that they are in the trunk.

IMO Greta makes an huge mistake because she doesn't let him finish this statement. He pauses long enough at the "As she opens the trunk of the car..." and Greta jumps in and leads him with "the gas cans are there", I wonder if Greta had allowed GA to finish his thought what would he have said.

After this we get the multiple stories of KC's f-bombing him and blocking him from the trunk

Which story is the TRUTH? That's the million dollar question.

Two points - FKC's car was not in the garage, and since she was just popping home for something and was with Tony L , not living at home at the time, there would have been no reason for her to have backed her car into the driveway. So it was either parked nose in on the driveway, or it was parked on the street. Walking out of their usual house entry through the garage, George would not be able to see into FKC's car trunk.

And I do not recall George ever saying he "saw" the gas cans in the trunk. He didn't walk to the trunk with her - she was already in mid temper tantrum at being "caught" with the gas cans.

Just still trying to make sense of it all... We will never know what exactly went down because they (CA, GA, KC) all lie. The thing is he wants to get into the trunk for something entirely different and finds that his stolen gas cans are there too.

The AS she opened the trunk of the car statement tells me he is near the vehicle. He's either in the garage looking directly into the trunk or right in the doorway of the door that goes from the garage into the house with a view of the trunk... because Greta says "the gas cans are there"...and GA says "she took the gas cans"..the flow of the conversation points in a direction that he can SEE that they are in the trunk.

IMO Greta makes an huge mistake because she doesn't let him finish this statement. He pauses long enough at the "As she opens the trunk of the car..." and Greta jumps in and leads him with "the gas cans are there", I wonder if Greta had allowed GA to finish his thought what would he have said.

After this we get the multiple stories of KC's f-bombing him and blocking him from the trunk

Which story is the TRUTH? That's the million dollar question.

There is no discrepancy in what GA says happened, except he was more liberal with KC's behavior when he testified on the stand. He wanted to get the cans himself because he suspected KC stole them, but she beat him to it. Period.

I got a roll of duct tape and then put my head under the faucet. I still have a head of hair. Lightly dried with towel..4 seconds took a 12 inch strip of duct tape and put over my head in tooth ache position and tape adhered to the point it hurt to pull it off.

Was your hair umm oily? I had just shampooed mine, and it was dripping and my face was still wet ....why the toothache position?

Mine did not stick.....at all.

Edited to add - further experiments need to wait until evening. I am supposed to be working and just don't feel I should be talking to clients with bits of duct tape stuck to my hair....LOL

George went to work as soon as they got home, Cindy sprayed around and wiped with Febreeze, the police were on their way and arriving as George got home....and interestingly enough, the CSI said the trunk of the car was not particularly clean.

I think if FKC took the time to triple bag Caylee, she also took the time to throw away anything she was wearing at the time of the crime also. No way would she be leaving evidence in the car, besides the decomp fluid, which apparently was a fact about dead bodies she did not know, and had not made plans for. If she had known, no way would she have left the body in the trunk for the period of time she did.

One thing to remember with decomp stuff, the sun/heat activate the molecules (cadaverscine and putricine) that enter our nostrils. When decomp area is cooled/shaded it slows down molecules and smell is not as pungent.

Was your hair umm oily? I had just shampooed mine, and it was dripping and my face was still wet ....why the toothache position?

Mine did not stick.....at all.

Edited to add - further experiments need to wait until evening. I am supposed to be working and just don't feel I should be talking to clients with bits of duct tape stuck to my hair....LOL

I would have to demonstrate I guess but there is one thing about duct tape. You can submerge the tape in water and the rubber cement backing will loose 90% of its stickem. But once the tape dries it will become very sticky again.

Exactly, that is why the tape could not be used as a patch but had to be wrapped completely around the head and hair two or three times to be secured.

But it wasn't wrapped around two or three times, it was three separate pieces measuring 9 - about 11 inches, not one round and round....

Ok, I will back off the duct tape. Really does not matter.
As soon as George smelled the Pontiac at the tow yard, he knew something terrible happened. Trust me the smell of a decom body is 10-30x any garbage smell. On the way back home or at home he told Cindy there was a dead body in the Pontiac and they better start putting together what happened. The Pontiac was parked in the garage which would help the smell a little because of temperature.

What really surprises me is the amount of sleuthers who can't entertain the notion that GA knew what he smelled, but the fact that he didn't find a body in the trunk just took over, gave him false hope.

The horror of what he smelled was quelled with the relief of not seeing a body, and that allowed him to soldier on. It allowed him to deny his worst fears for a little while longer.

Most bereaved family members hold on to false hope, even in the face of the obvious. GA and CA were not in any frame of mind to be conspiring on a strategy. To be at that point, you would have to also believe that they had already accepted that Caylee was dead, and had processed it, gotten over their grief and shock, and suspected KC.

There was no video available, but I'm not aware it was discredited.

I'm not sure if it was either. But why wouldn't the PT utilize that if it would help with the timeline. They insisted last person to see Caylee was George at 12:50 and thisWalmart sighting was around 4pm. So unless they discredited it they didn't have their timeline correct. I would think that the absolute time that the child was seen alive would be most important to the case. JMO

The best evidence the prosecution had never got used and for the life of me I can't understand why. They had the cans containing the smell there in the court room. I would love to know if the molecules associated with decomp were still there. If so this would have made believers out of skeptics.

Two points - FKC's car was not in the garage, and since she was just popping home for something and was with Tony L , not living at home at the time, there would have been no reason for her to have backed her car into the driveway. So it was either parked nose in on the driveway, or it was parked on the street. Walking out of their usual house entry through the garage, George would not be able to see into FKC's car trunk.

And I do not recall George ever saying he "saw" the gas cans in the trunk. He didn't walk to the trunk with her - she was already in mid temper tantrum at being "caught" with the gas cans.

The gas cans are a sideshow here ... if Caylee was not in trunk, I'm sure that FCA would have let GA get the wedge and discover the gas cans on his own ...

Here's the video - I understand oath but simply why lie? To GVS or in depo, why lie? It starts around 4:50 to the 7 mark.

‪caylee marie anthony greta otr 2‬‏ - YouTube

Because the majority of human beings could never phathom lying to anyone or covering for someone we believed killed their child; we will NEVER understand WHY?

But just remember:
Cindy lied UNDER OATH in Court on the stand on national TV.
George lied UNDER OATH in Court on the stand on national TV.

The only truth in all this BS is that the Anthony's lie.. you can't believe a word ANY of them say.

What really surprises me is the amount of sleuthers who can't entertain the notion that GA knew what he smelled, but the fact that he didn't find a body in the trunk just took over, gave him false hope.

The horror of what he smelled was quelled with the relief of not seeing a body, and that allowed him to soldier on. It allowed him to deny his worst fears for a little while longer.

Most bereaved family members hold on to false hope, even in the face of the obvious. GA and CA were not in any frame of mind to be conspiring on a strategy. To be at that point, you would have to also believe that they had already accepted that Caylee was dead, and had processed it, gotten over their grief and shock, and suspected KC.

Exactly. George knew there must have been a body in that Pontiac. The smell is 100% fullproof. The relief when that trunk was cleared must have been tremendous. You know when thing like this happen your mind starts putting 2 and 2 together but at the same time you start to shock. George needed to get away from what he was thinking, could Caylee be hurt? Go to work and clear is head but as it turns out it was going to be the tip of an iceberg and things were going to get worse.

I would have to demonstrate I guess but there is one thing about duct tape. You can submerge the tape in water and the rubber cement backing will loose 90% of its stickem. But once the tape dries it will become very sticky again.

I did not know that - thank you - but when would it had a chance to dry? You mean when it skeletonized before the flood? Not sure at that point if it dried that it would have held the mandible in place.. But the point is it was not the duct tape that was wet, it was the surface it was being stuck to.

Exactly. George knew there must have been a body in that Pontiac. The smell is 100% fullproof. The relief when that trunk was cleared must have been tremendous. You know when thing like this happen your mind starts putting 2 and 2 together but at the same time you start to shock. George needed to get away from what he was thinking, could Caylee be hurt? Go to work and clear is head but as it turns out it was going to be the tip of an iceberg and things were going to get worse.

Are you backtracking on your last comment, "On the way back home or at home he told Cindy there was a dead body in the Pontiac and they better start putting together what happened." In this post you're suggesting that GA was wondering if Caylee was hurt. Could you clarify?

Has something been taken out of context with what I said or did I put it down wrong? There is no way GA or CA could be considered Caylee's caregiver. FCA was her only legal guardian at all times.

definatly out of context. I have never stated that GA or CA was Caylee's LEGAL Guardian, only that the PT made a point to emphasis that they were taking care of her, supporting her, and that Ga stated that the morning of the 16th was a NORMAL day that including him getting up early and when Caylee would get up he would feed her, give her juice, play and watch tv together. He stated that was normal. Therefore, could be why the jury couldn't agree that CASEY was WATCHING CAYLEE that morning, George was. Which lead them to not be able to hold Casey liable for Caylee during the critical timeframe.

I also think CA particularly was trying to process how it was possible for FCA to have been giving her updates of what she and Caylee had been doing on an almost daily basis out of town, leading up to this while supposively driving her car when it had really been impounded for several weeks...both of their minds must have been swirling....

Are you backtracking on your last comment, "On the way back home or at home he told Cindy there was a dead body in the Pontiac and they better start putting together what happened." In this post you're suggesting that GA was wondering if Caylee was hurt. Could you clarify?

Well it sure wasn't on the way home - since they went in separate cars....

Found it. Copied his words from the interview. Is this what you are referring to?

GEORGE ANTHONY: And I said, Really? She says, yes. I said, Interesting. And I just said, Hey, by the way, I said, I'm getting ready to rotate your mom's tires on her car. There's a little metal wedge that fits underneath your tires so your car doesn't rock back and forth. And I said, Well, I'd like to have it, so in case you're not here over the weekend, I'd like to be able to do it.

She was hesitant about letting me get in the car. And I said, Well, listen, I got an extra key. I'll just go get it. Well, she was adamant about -- about that.

VAN SUSTEREN: What, not letting you into the car?

GEORGE ANTHONY: Yes, didn't want me to get into the car to get the stuff out. Dad, I'll get it for you. Dad, I'll get it out. I said, It's no problem. I know where it's at. I'll get it, get it out and be done with it.

So as we're walking out through the garage, she's still telling me, Dad, I'll get it. Give me a minute, I'll get it. I said, Casey, I'm capable of reaching inside your car, and I got it. So -- and she opened up the trunk of the car...

Actually, the video differs in this way.....in the last statement in the video he states this.

So -- AS she opened up the trunk of the car...

I just listened to that video like 3 times lol. Took me 3 times to realize when he said I got it that he did say SHE opened up trunk instead of I opened up the trunk. I stand corrected lol. Old age, can't hear lol. Sorry for any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni