FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought JH WOULDN'T give DNA, so his dad did. Did I misunderstand something?

He wouldn't, so his dad did, but it was also reported that Jarred later said he did give DNA.

Key words being Jarred said.

Maybe they'll over him a water bottle on the ride and just keep it when they leave the car.

Or stop for dinner and have FBI-bus boys clear the table, saving everything he used.

CORRECTION: It was Howard Harrell who said Jarred had. But I don't know why Howard thought that.

ETA
Howard Harrell said the agents told him his son wasn't cooperating with their request for his DNA. After the agents visit, Jarred Harrell gave them a DNA sample, Howard Harrell said. One of the many pieces of evidence police said they've been hoping would identify Somer's killer is DNA samples taken from where she was found in a Folkston landfill two days after she disappeared.

http://jacksonville.com/community/c...o_keep_travel_plans_for_jarred_harrell_secret

Is it legal to obtain a DNA sample without the subject's knowledge or consent and then later use the sample against the subject to prove guilt? I've seen it done on CSI but that is TV!
After JH was arrested and held in MS could they get a sample from him off of his eating utensils or clothing and use it against him? Just curious!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/gubernatorial/article1010752.ece

TALLAHASSEE — Under a new law signed by Gov. Charlie Crist on Tuesday, the DNA of any person accused of a felony will be added to a state database.

Florida is the 20th state to require police to take a DNA sample, such as a mouth swab, of everyone charged with a felony. The state will hold on to that sample, even if the felony charge is dismissed. Previously, authorities could take a DNA sample only after conviction of a felony or specified misdemeanors.

"This is common sense and the right thing to do," Crist said at a bill signing ceremony at which he was accompanied by dozens of uniformed state troopers.

INTERESTING

JH certainly was using utensils, etc in Mississippi. Although I imagine the DNA couldn't be used in court, it would seem prudent for LE to get some and check it out. Then later they can legally get it, couldn't they?

JH certainly was using utensils, etc in Mississippi. Although I imagine the DNA couldn't be used in court, it would seem prudent for LE to get some and check it out. Then later they can legally get it, couldn't they?

Human, see my post above.

He's been charged with a felony (okay, 29). He has to give DNA.

I wonder if he knew that and that was one of the reasons he was fighting extradition.

I am so behind and start from the last page.
But can't they have a warrant issue for DNA?

LOL LOL LOL

Smith reportedly stated “You are gonna have to Taser me if you want my DNA.” That apparently sounded like a pretty good idea to the officers in the room.

Last fall, Smith refused to comply with an order to give a sample. He was stunned and then police took a swab from inside his mouth. What is most interesting is that The Buffalo News reported that officers were told to “use any means necessary” to collect the sample. It is a good thing that Ryan did not say anything about getting a sample “over my dead body.” The reference by Buffalo News conflicts with the account of one supervisor who says that he gave them authority to use minimal force.

I don't think you should ever tell a cop "You're gonna have to taser me ..."

Things cannot end well. JMO

I just got an image of Jennifer Bauer driving around in circles between MS and FL ...

I guess I'll really head to bed this time. Once again, the Great Pumpkin did not show.

WTH-I just clicked on my above link and now the pic is gone!!??
He had a booking photo!

WTH-I just clicked on my above link and now the pic is gone!!??
He had a booking photo!

lol we posted at the same time...I saw the photo to but did not know how to bring it here...Your not going crazy...I saw it to...

That is saying no bail.

It says n/a.

Does the bond amt. transfer from what it was in MS or will it be set in the morning when he goes in front of the judge?

I have no idea!

lol we posted at the same time...I saw the photo to but did not know how to bring it here...Your not going crazy...I saw it to...

Darn, I should of saved the pic!
Why would they take it down?
Everyone knows what he looks like!
FCN is now reporting he arrived at approx. 1:20 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth