Casey's seizure? NEW INFORMATION 2011.09.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brini and MAMABEAR :)
I'm gonna have to disagree that she faked a seizure. I would think it's incredibly hard to fake a seizure, and I do think she's way too stupid to pull it off.

I personally don't think she was into drugs. I've had a long history of drug abuse, and I just don't see it. The way people talk about her drinking habits (ie she never got too wasted etc, lost control, blacked out, etc)... I got the impression that she didn't want to lower her own inhibitions and lose control of herself, so people wouldn't see the real her (whatever that may be)

I hope I made sense. Kinda out of it on Mondays.

I think it would be hard to fake a seizure to a neurologist. Not so hard to fake one with your boyfriend or whoever.

My 'friend' was able to fake her husband out, easily. It wasn't until the doctors told her that if she was having seizures she'd have to give up her driver's license, that the seizures stopped, lol.

ETA: The doctors didn't think she was having seizures. She was soon diagnosed with a personality disorder. And the long suffering husband was finally able to move on.

Oh here's an easy test if you think a loved one is faking seizures; stick them with a pin. If it hurts, they ain't having a seizure :p

I found this article the other day and I selected several snippits that resonated (see the main article link at the bottom)... I realize that it could go in the psych thread but the article mentions seizures as a warning sign so I am posting it here... also mentions something that reminded me of Timer55... I put the link at the bottom but I don't know if I did it correctly.

violence may come as a total surprise, in most cases there is a psychological buildup to that point....

fantasy of killing....obtain weapons....

[PERHAPS TIMER55 ?] "eerie composure," the moment to turn back has passed,

[Despite the planning, a perpetrator often cannot recall particulars about the moment of the attack.... dissociated state where their feelings are really kind of split off from what they're doing...

There are clear risk factors to snapping seizures, alcohol and drug abuse,

brain injury increases the risk... frontal lobe.....inhibition, emotions and general behavior....

Other warning signs include feelings of being hopeless, ashamed and trapped....

not psychotic....committing a homicide, some dehumanize or blind themselves....

preoccupied with their own feelings.....

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE ENTIRE ARTICLE:
http://www.untreatableonline.com/2009/05/cnn-article-insights-on-why-people-snap.html

Excellent post, FootballMom! I'm gonna read the entire article for sure. Thanks 4 link.

Well, her friends don't show evidence of meth addiction, and she seems to go along with whatever they do.

There are usually drug tests, upon arrival at prisons.

Then, there is the fact that she did not show any withdrawal behaviors, did not have to be detoxed, and has not been in any prison drug treatment program.

And, meth was horrible effects on the physical appearance. The teeth rot from the roots up, over time, for one.

alas...KC has yet to be sent to PRISON. She's in the County Jail. No Pre-screening. A voluntary admitence would get her in house help...but as others have said, there is NO eviedence to show KC was on any sort of Uppers. And no reports of withdrawal behavoir.

Personally, I've always believed JG's story about her seizure episode. I've always believed it was Alcohol Poisoning.

I believe she was dehydrated from drinking the night before and then being sick the next day....I think that is what was said...anyway, alcohol will dehydrate you and then being sick doesn't help....I have had that happen had a very similar reaction.....JG is young, I don't nessecarily think it was an actual seizure, but, more of a passing out, blood pressure dropping kinda thing from dehydration.

In my case muscles began to atrophy, I felt as if I was having a seizure, stroke, .....does this make sense to anybody?????

I'll have to go back and re-read the transcripts. I thought JG testified about legit seizure sympthoms. Foaming at the mouth...

IIRC...Jesse told the emergency dispatcher / 911 that KC had been drinking heavily the night before.

I don't recall the page now in the letters, but she does mention that she bit her tongue and woke up in a sweat in jail a couple of times. And that she gets headaches before. Still, no one has ever mentioned this, except the perp. And given the perp's penchant for fantasy and lies, I find it hard to believe.

Unless there is a witness to corroborate, I am not believing it. Psychopaths are known for issuing statements that helpfully cannot be verified, like, "it happens when I'm sleeping". At most, they provide a vague inference, and we fill in the blanks.

It's also clear from her letters that she reads whatever is presently useful to her. It could be that she hoped to elicit major sympathy from her audience.

I don't believe her. I think it's attention seeking, looking for someone to really care about her. That seems to be her theme. Part of her narcissism and constant need for attention. What could draw someone in more closely than a health problem or two.

Says she has been having seizures, nah, I think it's more likely that she is stressed, maybe from feeling guilty and grinding her teeth in her sleep.

I don't believe her. I think it's attention seeking, looking for someone to really care about her. That seems to be her theme. Part of her narcissism and constant need for attention. What could draw someone in more closely than a health problem or two.

I agree. She was seen in an ER after the 'seizure' and assessed. If the MD felt it was a seizure she would have been advised as to follow up needed, and CA would have had her in to see a Neurologist pronto- unless of course it was from cocaine and/or alcohol, in which case she wouldn't want to tell CA what she was advised...

Says she has been having seizures, nah, I think it's more likely that she is stressed, maybe from feeling guilty and grinding her teeth in her sleep.

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone would know they were having seizures in their sleep. By definition you would not be aware if you were sleeping.
Casey lies so much about things that are beyond her understanding,and she gets tripped up way too often...:innocent:

Based on what we've seen from our "mother of the year" I'm surprised she didn't have seizures multiple times a day!

My guess...due to a combo of alcohol and "party pills" she's weighs what...105 pounds?! Doesn't take much!
Amphetamines (diet pills and ADHD meds) lower the seizure threshold along with cocaine.

Since she has bragged about the many men she has slept with and possibly underestimated the number (IMO), AIDS and Syphilis could also be causes of her seizures. While we are on the subject of STD, Flagyl also can cause seizures.

Many antidepressants and also can induce seizures.

I don't recall the page now in the letters, but she does mention that she bit her tongue and woke up in a sweat in jail a couple of times. And that she gets headaches before. Still, no one has ever mentioned this, except the perp. And given the perp's penchant for fantasy and lies, I find it hard to believe.

Unless there is a witness to corroborate, I am not believing it. Psychopaths are known for issuing statements that helpfully cannot be verified, like, "it happens when I'm sleeping". At most, they provide a vague inference, and we fill in the blanks.

It's also clear from her letters that she reads whatever is presently useful to her. It could be that she hoped to elicit major sympathy from her audience.
ITA like KC saying "my baby's father died in a terrible car accident on her birthday" AND "my brother and dad molested me".

I just can't help but feel that these "seizures" are in the same category as the blood blister that got morphed (by her) into a cancerous tumor. Nothing but drama and attention seeking behavior. Although I do not doubt for a minute that she could have had a real alcohol induced seizure in the past. I also can't help but wonder if this is the same thing that TonE noticed when she was staying with him.

Drugs,alcohol, high temp, high heat, not eating, dehydration, lack of sleep, are a few things that can bring on a seizure.
ER would give MRI, cat scan if you were having headaches and seizures.
Scars (lesions) are left on the brain. You can't fool neuro docs.
Usually people do not know they have seizures.
Unless they are aware, have a very bad one and lose control of bladder.
Keppra is 1 of many seizure control drugs and KC isn't on any meds like that, is she???

BBM Just read that too on page 91/13675. The part about "waking up soaking wet from sweat and somewhat disoriented" reminded me of Tony L's description of her having nightmares and waking up sweating in his interview with LE. It also seems to me that Casey may be hypochondriocal (sp?), or at least somewhat obsessed with various illnesses in these letters (just prior to page mentioned above she seems anxious about seeing a doctor.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆