Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

The state already proved she lied. It doesn't have anything to do what posters believe.
the state impeached her testimony with rebuttal witnesses - hardly the same as they "proved" she lied, no?

I would like to see her charged with perjury, but I don't think she needs the 15 year sentence to understand what she did. By not charging her, it does let people know that lying under oath is okay if there the person giving testimony is conflicted. In my opinion, the family wasted too much of the investigator's time by interfering with the investigation. Time was wasted this past week with investigators having to track down work history and put another couple of people on the stand. Not only was the brush incident an attempt to withhold evidence, but Cindy did not tell investigator's about the missing Winnie the Pooh blanket and laundry bag until after Caylee was found ... and the only reason she provided that information was because she was about to be questioned about it. I'm looking forward to hearing what the Judge will do with Baez for wasting time too.

Cindy also provided several items to the DT,while trying to THWART the State. JB finally turned them over to the state after Caylee was found .

Well, all I can say is that IF it were considered ok to lie like CA has lied for KC, there wouldn't be a law against it. We cannot pick and choose which laws we want to abide. We must adhere to them all. Those who do not follow the laws should face the appropriate punishment. It really is just that simple.

I hate to break it to you, but cops and DAs decide which crimes to prosecute and which to ignore every day.

the state impeached her testimony with rebuttal witnesses - hardly the same as they "proved" she lied, no?

No. They could do the same if they charged her. The evidence proved she lied. If she was intentionally stating under oath that she did those searches,and the evidence says she did not.........1+1 still =2

It does to me! It proves that Cindy was at work at the Gentiva offices, even though she could have left the office- she didn't and she wasn't the one to do the Chloroform searches, in fact Cindy never searched for Chlorophyll!

Cindy's actions have never been in the best interest of Casey. LE told George and Cindy if Cindy did not STOP what she was doing it was going to be bad for Casey, you know the daughter she loves so much...and it was going to make it so Caylee would never be found. Let me repeat that, LE told Cindy Anthony and George Anthony that if CINDY continued behaving in the manner that she had been that it was going to cause TERRIBLE consequences and she did not stop.

It is being said that those who feel what Cindy has done is wrong, the lying is just the icing on the cake- are being "cruel" or do not have sympathy-so to me it is a case of blaming the messenger. :twocents:

No, I did not say it was cruel to think CA did wrong.

I said it was cruel to demand that CA be put in prison.

I won't speculate about her role in the family or with each member. Simple answer is prosecute her because she broke the law. I do think she can probably wiggle out of a conviction but that's not a reason not to try. She also needs to know that her lying on the stand will have more to do with getting K.C. convicted than it ever would in helping her. What is the saying "don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

If JP agrees,why did he fight so hard to get the death penalty for Judith Beunanao when he prosecuted her? She poisened her husband. JP attended her execution by the electric chair.

I meant the part about not prosecuting the parents in regards to JP.
I also do not think that JP will impose the DP because of the parents. The quoted case refers to a vile multiple murder convict including a disabled son if I recall correctly.

Without a doubt .. if for no other reason, for standing in the way of justice, LE and the court system!
For more personal reasons, in order for her to see that she is not omnipotent and the world does NOT revolve around HER and she can't just do as she pleases.
I NEVER trusted this woman and as someone from an an emotionally abusive family, I could tell the fabric of her soul from the beginning.
It was all about appearances for her. Well, she has been truly humbled in the worst possible way and now SHE needs to pay for her "sins". Her legal ones AND moral ones... IMHO

I personally believe Cindy lost her "grieving grandma" status when she sold the 1st pic among many of Caylee. Living off the blood of your grandchild is NOT grieving in my world.

Just a friendly reminder,the title of this thread is "Who believes CA should be prosecuted for perjury. This is about opinions.

I also do not think that JP will impose the DP because of the parents. The quoted case refers to a vile multiple murder convict including a disabled son if I recall correctly.
BBM. I don't see why not- Scott Peterson's parents also lost a grandchild at his own hands, and he still got the Death Sentence...

I thought HHJP looked PO'd when LDB was arguing to get the computer impeachment testimony in? He was NOT HAPPY with CA or the DT.
JMO ,but I think if there is something he can do legally to CA ,he will.
He takes AMERICAN LAWS very seriously and as far I know parents are not exempt. Again,JMO.

Cindy also provided several items to the DT,while trying to THWART the State. JB finally turned them over to the state after Caylee was found .

And that is the DT's obligation. So what did CA do wrong here?

The State is trying to kill her daughter. I don't think that can be stressed too often.

BBM. I don't see why not- Scott Peterson's parents also lost a grandchild at his own hands, and he still got the Death Sentence...

EXACTLY!! In that case, also, no cause of death could be determined. There is actually more evidence in this case, I believe.

The Peterson parents were reviled and hated and despised. Sort of the way I feel about the Ants......:cursing:

Chiquita, I would never speak to you as if you were a child. I have no reason to do so.

I don't think the Anthonys are perfect, by any means. But they have lost their beloved grandchild and their only daughter is facing the death penalty.

Certainly, perjury is wrong. But I don't think you can prove it in this case and even if you could, I don't think we need to clog our justice system prosecuting grieving parents who at worst are trying to save their child.

Pointing out that CA probably lied about the searches? Fine. Putting her in prison for trying to keep the needle out of her daughter's arm? Too much.

As I've already said. The jurors will figure out what CA did.

RespectfullyQuoted Nova

What I meant by the child comment was how would you explain to a child how it is okay that Cindy gave the names of innocent people as the murderers of her grandchild to save her child's life, which if you read the documents you will see Cindy was only doing what was bad for Casey. If you were engaged in that very activity how would you explain that act to a child. I ask respectfully.

It is not disrespectful to speak to one like a child. I just do not understand why adults would teach children not to lie but then say lying is okay. I respectfully do not understand.

:cow:

The State is trying to kill her daughter. I don't think that can be stressed too often.
What Cindy did wrong (besides pre-trial) was to lie under oath. That is Not acceptable under any circumstance! Even when one admits her and George's testimony were of no help... The thing Cindy can do for Casey is to plead for her life at sentencing, not try to deny that Casey is guilty of murdering her granddaughter!
BBM. To this I say: "So what!" I have an only child that I had to have IVF after several miscarriages and infertility to have. I still would never lie for her, even if it meant she got the Death Sentence!!!

Actually, the state proved CA made an error in remembering events from three years ago. (Do you have perfect recall of 2008? I don't.)

Proving CA lied is another step and not an easy one to prove.

Luckily the State has multiple interviews and a depo of CA changing her "memories" .
I gave my opinion :seeya:

And her daughter killed her grandaughter, one of the penalties is the death penalty. That is the law in many states in your country. There are also penalties for lying under oath so if she was willing to do so she should "man up" and face the consequences as should her daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back