Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that's unusual. Especially for a man who could clearly afford to pay a babysitter if needed. We were also told RN quit her job to help care for the children? Did he object to babysitters for whatever reasons?

It sounds like Jonah really wanted to be an active part in his children's lives.

While usual maybe for a CEO..........I find it quite refreshing.

IMO

I guess I am out of the loop, not having much time lately to follow, but where can I find transcripts of the 911 call? Last I heard they weren't releasing it, but it sounds like you know the content of the call.

Short answer - 911 transcript is still sealed.

I think it was pferrin who listened to the police radio archives and reported the interesting and informative findings. Look under pferrin's profile to find the post.

[Someone please correct me if this info is incorrect. Thx.]

The new info about JS' employment agreement does put a new spin on JS' character and his priorities.

However, with today's technology, an executive is never out of reach. Sounds like he just has a clause that allows him not to answer a call or respond immediately or attend a meeting if he so chooses (with the agreed excuse that he is tending to his children).

The new info about JS' employment agreement does put a new spin on JS' character and his priorities.

However, with today's technology, an executive is never out of reach. Sounds like he just has a clause that allows him not to answer a call or respond immediately or attend a meeting if he so chooses (with the agreed excuse that he is tending to his children).

For a man to claim he has to care of kids so he might not be able to attend work related functions? A man who clearly could afford child care if needed for such an occasion? I find that very unusual and certainly suggests he was extremely devoted to his children, more so than I'd say a lot of men.

8/12 Medicis CEO Shacknai’s Contract Put Kids Ahead of Company

The childcare clause dates back to 1999. It’s not clear why Shacknai wanted such flexible hours. He is the founder of the company, and as such dictates his terms to a large extent.

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-business/medicis-ceo-shacknais-contract-put-kids-ahead-of-company/9462?tag=fd-river5

BBM - I believe JS was officially divorced from wife #1 sometime in 1999. I wonder if this employment arrangement originally stemmed from an effort to share legal custody of children from wife #1?

And, then it later came in handy when legally negotiating with wife #2 (DS) for possible joint custody of MS?

It sounds like Jonah really wanted to be an active part in his children's lives.

While usual maybe for a CEO..........I find it quite refreshing.

IMO

Wow, that is interesting. I am a child of a CEO, and I saw my Dad for dinner just 3 days a year (and my parents were married until I was 24); Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving. Never saw him on my birthday in my life, and he doesn't remember any of our birthday's to this day. He was traveling for work and/or at the office up to 80 hours a week. I cannot remember a week where he was home 7 days in a row and I cannot remember (because it didn't happen) him ever picking us up from school, helping with homework, watching us at our sporting events, or having dinner with us unless it was one of those 3 days a year. He has been retired a few years and still doesn't remember his children's birthday's or his grandchildren's birthdays. My Dad is the tried and true CEO 'type,' there is no way JS is the same type. Even though JS was an older father compared to mine, my Dad would never take care of us 2 1/2 days a week, he has never even made us a sandwich, taken us to a doctor or gotten us a glass of water in the middle of the night.

I might have to change my perspective on JS because of this revelation about his work schedule and dedication to his children.

A real controlling type A man isn't taking care of kids and working from home 2 1/2 days a week, or going to the gym at 10 in the morning on weekdays, even in this day and age of home offices/phone/fax/blackberries.

Also probably decreases the amount of $$$$ paid out for child support and other expenses.

I'm having a hard time seeing him in this light; after reading articles about him and his company. Got to remember he is also an attorney and he also appears to really guard his expenses (no nanny, housekeeper, gardener, security cameras and any other necessary household help mentioned in any of the articles....) I just don't see him giving up things with out an advantage/motive for himself..

Wow, that is interesting. I am a child of a CEO, and I saw my Dad for dinner just 3 days a year (and my parents were married until I was 24); Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving. Never saw him on my birthday in my life, and he doesn't remember any of our birthday's to this day. He was traveling for work and/or at the office up to 80 hours a week. I cannot remember a week where he was home 7 days in a row and I cannot remember (because it didn't happen) him ever picking us up from school, helping with homework, watching us at our sporting events, or having dinner with us unless it was one of those 3 days a year. He has been retired a few years and still doesn't remember his children's birthday's or his grandchildren's birthdays. My Dad is the tried and true CEO 'type,' there is no way JS is the same type. Even though JS was an older father compared to mine, my Dad would never take care of us 2 1/2 days a week, he has never even made us a sandwich, taken us to a doctor or gotten us a glass of water in the middle of the night.

I might have to change my perspective on JS because of this revelation about his work schedule and dedication to his children.

A real controlling type A man isn't taking care of kids and working from home 2 1/2 days a week, or going to the gym at 10 in the morning on weekdays, even in this day and age of home offices/phone/fax/blackberries.

How do we know he was spending time with his children? Not out golfing or traveling? Is there witnesses to hi actually spending that time with his kids? Just curious?
It maybe another excuse to remain control over his own life and hiding it under the guise of an excellent dad. Another possible mask or image he wanted to project.

Also probably decreases the amount of $$$$ paid out for child support and other expenses.

I'm having a hard time seeing him in this light; after reading articles about him and his company. Got to remember he is also an attorney and he also appears to really guard his expenses (no nanny, housekeeper, gardener, security cameras and any other necessary household help mentioned in any of the articles....) I just don't see him giving up things with out an advantage/motive for himself..

BBM - I agree score! The more I think about this employment agreement the more I think it was a strategic chess move (child custody as I posted above).

I think we're seeing a little more light cast on that bizarre statement that DS made:

'I feel scared of what he is capable of doing to me physically via the dog as well as the lengths he would try to go to "destroy" me in any way he was able to do so.'

7/20 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016550/Rebecca-Nalepas-lover-Jonah-Shacknai-violent-marriage-ex-wife-Dina.html

I agree but CEO's don't like kids not even their own kids (as in like to take care of them). This work contract is bizarre to say the least. My Dad would have paid my Mom plenty to get rid of us, lol, but we were grown when they divorced. NO WAY he was taking care of us to pay her less in child support, NO WAY.

Unless, JS wanted to f*ck over the ex-wives by taking 50% custody of the kids to punish the Mothers as they would see them less (thus crushing them bc as Mom's we want to be there with our kids everyday) and this 'work contract' is just hogwash to make it seem like he was taking care of these kids himself while he had his 50% of custody.

How do we know he was spending time with his children? Not out golfing or traveling? Is there witnesses to hi actually spending that time with his kids? Just curious?
It maybe another excuse to remain control over his own life and hiding it under the guise of an excellent dad. Another possible mask or image he wanted to project.

Yup, narcissists like to 'look' like the good guy. The winner. I won custody of my kids.

[JS' employment agreement] requires that he work only four days per week, that he be allowed to work from home, that charity functions be considered part of his work, and that he “may not be available for corporate matters during such times that he is providing care for his children.”
The childcare clause dates back to 1999. It’s not clear why Shacknai wanted such flexible hours. He is the founder of the company, and as such dictates his terms to a large extent.
The police investigation is expected to take several more weeks — a time period in which Valeant clearly sees a weakened company with a distracted leader, ripe for the picking.

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-busin...-put-kids-ahead-of-company/9462?tag=fd-river5

Childcare clauses could be for show. Was it around 1999 that he and first wife started talking divorce?

Of course, it could be for other reasons or just so absences wouldn't be questioned, but CEO's probably work 18 hours a day whether at home or office? Just because someone claims they call every client doesn't mean it's true.

Quester, Matty29 and X-files,

I was just about to post the EXACT same ideas. I think Jonah is a control freak and it was a strategic move for divorce proceedings and etc. Why would RN quit her job to be with the children if in fact he liked to spend time with them? Why would he make it such a public decree in his employment? If you are the CEO of a company, you don't have to tell anyone when you will be in the office or have to report so many days.

Friendly Reminder

Websleuths is a 'victim friendly' forum.

Both of the incidents being discussed in this thread have NOT been ruled as a crime.

As of this date, incident #1, the child, has been referred to by LE as 'accidental.'

The second incident is as of now, 'undetermined.'

The family of the victims of both incidents are also vicitms. Please remember that and post accordingly.

There are NO suspects.

All vicitms should be judged by what is in the MSM and NOT unsubstantiated speculation, and, or, rumors. There's been nothing to indicate that all victims are not what they appear to be, and their motives for doing such as well.

Please review your posts and be sure that you are posting within the guidelines. If you feel you need to edit your post, please do so. I don't want to have to remove any posts.

IF you have any questions, you may contact me or any of the other Websleuth moderators or administration.

Thank you for your cooperation.
fran

The police investigation is expected to take several more weeks — a time period in which Valeant clearly sees a weakened company with a distracted leader, ripe for the picking.

Snipped by me
I must say that your post is fascinating. Thanks.
If you are a conspiracy theorist like me, this makes me stop and think. There are few big bad corporations more suspicious than Big Pharma. If I was writing a whodunit, this would make a great plot twist. IMHO. Sadly, though, this tragedy happened to real people. I mean no disrespect to those involved.

I will give Jonah a benefit of a doubt that he really did love his children immensely and knew how important it is to spend time with them.

Not one person has come out and said that Jonah wasnt a devoted loving father.

I dont find it controlling at all when a father wants to be with their children and help raise them. I find that an honorable trait.

IMO

Sorry to LOL, but this brought back memories. When I had my two babies, their father took off a week from work to "take care of me". He went on 12 mile runs, went to the tanning booth, went out to dinner to help me out (so I wouldn't have to cook!) I didn't even see him. What a scam...and his co-workers thought he was such a caring husband and father!

I don't think putting a phrase in a contract is indicative of loving your children or not loving them, or being devoted or not ... the point is that it doesn't seem necessary and the timing is probably not coincidental. Attorneys tend to put stuff in writing that they want recorded and want other people to see or for legal benefit.

Snipped by me
I must say that your post is fascinating. Thanks.
If you are a conspiracy theorist like me, this makes me stop and think. There are few big bad corporations more suspicious than Big Pharma. If I was writing a whodunit, this would make a great plot twist. IMHO. Sadly, though, this tragedy happened to real people. I mean no disrespect to those involved.

Interesting thoughts jstwondering!

I am not a conspiracy theorist or at least I've read nothing at this point to lead me in that direction. And, I hate to think that what you are insinuating could be true. But, I could be naive or have blinders on on this subject as well. At any rate, I do see how one could make the leap you are making.

I agree with you that these cases would make an incredible whodunit story with fascinating plot twists and all the elements of intrigue. I think that is why it is so compelling and mesmerizing to follow.

Hope we'll hear the true "rest of the story" soon and have a resolution to these tragic deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288