FREE Search Sites-Post/Discuss-Good/Bad

This one keeps changing and adding more features. It has the unique ability to deep web search by usernames/email in addition to name, phone number. It has found links for me that I was unable to find through other sources.

http://pipl.com/

I just looked myself up; it has old and/or inaccurate information about me -- and could lead to someone causing trouble for an innocent person.

Where Inc doesn't do what your sister described to you.

"Where Inc. had originally tried to sell a service that would enable family members to get information about one another's location using their mobile devices; more recently, it has been focused on operating an advertising network that reaches mobile phone users, and promoting its own mobile app to help consumers find relevant businesses around them (and also potentially delivering discounts.) Doyle is the company's third CEO."

Source: Boston.com.

I'm not sure why anyone would pay to receive ads on their cellphone, when they could do a Google search for the same thing.

The original "service" was widely criticized as a tool for stalkers, which would actually endanger people.

Oh, great! Actually I sent my sis a message and she told me she has no idea what that even is. So obviously I was wrong about that. She DID tell me that there is some way to get info about people ie addresses, phone numbers etc and you would get a text info on your phone. But obviously this Where place isn't it. She's going to have to give me the correct information. I'm also going to have to contact my phone company and get this charge taken off of my bill!

Oh, great! Actually I sent my sis a message and she told me she has no idea what that even is. So obviously I was wrong about that. She DID tell me that there is some way to get info about people ie addresses, phone numbers etc and you would get a text info on your phone. But obviously this Where place isn't it. She's going to have to give me the correct information. I'm also going to have to contact my phone company and get this charge taken off of my bill!

There are some websites that CLAIM to give you that information; however, before you trust them, look for yourself.

It's like that silly mylife.com ad "someone is looking for you - enroll and see".
They just told you to look for yourself, so of course there's results.

I've never found a free/cheap site to be anything but full of bad info.

Lexis/Nexis and the sites that cost a lot to use, are more accurate -- although mine's got some goofs.

I think we're better off looking at "contacts" and what those contacts mean - rather than trying to delve into the private lives of people who aren't even named as POIs (....'cos that's against the TOS).

"against the TOS". ??? Actually I wasn't researching anything to do with WS but rather it was a personal issue. I don't really think there are TOS having to do with that. LOL. Was trying to find info about a woman that my husband was possibly having an affair with and her family, who deal drugs (to my husband who is an addict). Nada to do with WS.

Does anyone know what I need to do to access a cold case homicide file? It occurred in the 60's in Pennsylvania. Any idea of the process I need to follow? I assume such would not be online.

I need to find information on a murder that took place in Missouri on 8/23/2003, It was near Kansas City so I don't know the actual name it took place. I have the name of one of the victims but I don't know where to look. When I google search nothing much really comes up. Where should I search?

When I was just getting started on my father's case, April 2010, I ran his lady friend through intelius.com and bought all of the search options.

Their report came back perfectly clean. It was not until we had a PI on board that we found her murder conviction, 7 different names, husband and a bunch more. I even had her birth date and SSN to search with.

I have found these types good for finding addresses, neighbors and sometimes relatives but in my experience none of them are good at finding any real background info on a person.

Butler V Saenger

The latest one that's actually a little bit alarming is spokeo.com

You would be wise to type in your name and have your profile removed via the "privacy" link at the bottom right hand. It not only gives all of your public info, it gives the names of your children, your income level, credit rating, a photo of your house and more.

Scary!

Having said that, I use it...;)

I paid for a years access to Spokeo in June 2010. Its cheap so that was not an issue. But over the last year the information you get for that has become less and less. In my opinion its not worth the fee now. It does not give you much if anything more than you can find with some careful searching.

Does anyone have recommendations on speech recognition software and/or programs that transcribe audio to text?

I would like to transcribe a lengthy radio interview into text. I tried Dragon Dictation on my iPad, unsuccessfully.

When I was just getting started on my father's case, April 2010, I ran his lady friend through intelius.com and bought all of the search options.

Their report came back perfectly clean. It was not until we had a PI on board that we found her murder conviction, 7 different names, husband and a bunch more. I even had her birth date and SSN to search with.

I have found these types good for finding addresses, neighbors and sometimes relatives but in my experience none of them are good at finding any real background info on a person.

Butler V Saenger
I have spent the better part of 2 hours reading through your website. You did one heck of a job for your dad. I only wish I could have done the same for my brother, but unfortunately, no resources. Good luck with all the remaining suits.

I have spent the better part of 2 hours reading through your website. You did one heck of a job for your dad. I only wish I could have done the same for my brother, but unfortunately, no resources. Good luck with all the remaining suits.

Thanks for the support. January 6 is now Shea Saenger's sentencing date for Mail Fraud unless it is delayed yet again. It was October 2 then October 14 then December 2 and Now January 6.

It has been over two years since I began this and while I know where most of the money that was stolen by Shea Saenger went we have yet to recover any of it. Her relatives in Arkansas, Lousiana and Mississippi are just fighting with delaying tactics trying to hang on to as much of it as then can for as long as they can. The big money is in Arkansas and our 1st trial there is set for June 2012.

Thanks for the support. January 6 is now Shea Saenger's sentencing date for Mail Fraud unless it is delayed yet again. It was October 2 then October 14 then December 2 and Now January 6.

It has been over two years since I began this and while I know where most of the money that was stolen by Shea Saenger went we have yet to recover any of it. Her relatives in Arkansas, Lousiana and Mississippi are just fighting with delaying tactics trying to hang on to as much of it as then can for as long as they can. The big money is in Arkansas and our 1st trial there is set for June 2012.
Hang in there! We're here for you.

Hang in there! We're here for you.

Friday we have a meeting at 1:45 with the US Attorneys who are prosecuting and then the sentencing hearing at 2:30. This is my only chance to stand up in front of a Federal judge and say what I think. Hoping I don't choke.

Friday we have a meeting at 1:45 with the US Attorneys who are prosecuting and then the sentencing hearing at 2:30. This is my only chance to stand up in front of a Federal judge and say what I think. Hoping I don't choke.

You'll do great! You've been working toward this moment for so long. When you're done let us know how the meeting & hearing went.

Well its over. Shea Saenger was sentenced today to 46 months in prison, 3 years supervised release and restitution of over $2,161,000.

Pres release from the US Attorneys' Office in Seattle

It is not as much time as we wanted but it is more than we expected so I’ll call it a victory. The plea agreement called for 46 months which is what she got. What she did not get was credit for 6 and half served served on a Contempt of Court charge in Kittitas County. We were told months ago that the judge would give her credit for that time served but today he did not.

Now all I have left to deal with are four civil suits against Saenger’s relatives and their counter suits against me

Well its over. Shea Saenger was sentenced today to 46 months in prison, 3 years supervised release and restitution of over $2,161,000.

Pres release from the US Attorneys' Office in Seattle

It is not as much time as we wanted but it is more than we expected so I’ll call it a victory. The plea agreement called for 46 months which is what she got. What she did not get was credit for 6 and half served served on a Contempt of Court charge in Kittitas County. We were told months ago that the judge would give her credit for that time served but today he did not.

Now all I have left to deal with are four civil suits against Saenger’s relatives and their counter suits against me

It never ceases to amaze me how much evil exists in this world, here you have a family just full of it. Karma will get them, I hope the courts do too. Congratulations on your win today. :)

It never ceases to amaze me how much evil exists in this world, here you have a family just full of it. Karma will get them, I hope the courts do too. Congratulations on your win today. :)

There are a lot of things that I could say about this branch of the Lumpkin family but I cannot do it with out just sounding petty and mean.

I would like to take credit for the win but truth is we had some amazing good luck. One of the best things that happened was the US Postal Inspector who was assigned to investigate. She has been fantastic and I think to a certain extent she had to drag the US Attorney along kicking and screaming. I really believe that if a different person had been assigned we would have had a different out come.

Some months back I wrote the Chief Postal Inspector commending her and I also put a plug in for her with our congressional delegation. She deserves more than that but that is all I can do.

hope it's ok to ask on this thread - does anyone know about how much a P.I. would cost in Texas? just for a background check, but more in depth than i could find from some place such as intelius.com? i have only the person's name, birth date and possible address, and i'm not sure that's enough info to get a complete check in other states and everything (plus can't be sure i'd get the correct person). so, i thought a p.i. might be better; but wondering about cost (?)

ok- i ran intellus - got a lot of info, also i ran his report thru dps (the public part of the site, found only a misdemeaor (C) there that's resolved. but nothing else - we wanted to know if he'd been in the military, his high school, college, if any, job history - has had 2 kids by 2 former girlfriends; we'd like to know if he is paying child support ... there are SO many years unaccounted for; the mom just wants to know as much as she can about this guy that is taking away the daughter :( - i even checked military records as best i could; but i am at a total loss of how to press forward. i know that NOW he goes to UH part time and works part-time at a local restaurant. other than that, i know his permanently mailing address (at his parents), several different apartment addresses and his date of birth, and his middle initial - initial ONLY - no name, no ssn. any was to find out more? employment record, military service, juvie court time - anything??oh please, if someone can help us, i've run thru my google and pay site sleuthy site tools :):)

*** any assistance/hints/tips anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated <3

she doesn't mind paying a PI, if she can get the info she wants and as long as it's not TOO out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back