FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: Secondly, I want to reply to the comments about Trayvon ducking onto someone's porch to get out of the rain. This is a neighborhood of condos, right? In my experience, condos don't tend to have a lot of distance between the sidewalk and the porch/door. My mom lives in a condo and I can move from the sidewalk to the shelter of her front porch in a couple sideways steps. It's not like Trayvon had to travel down a driveway to get onto a porch. Step to the side, slip on the hood, decide to make his way home. IMO. (if we are not talking about condos, let me know. It's been hard to keep up :p )

I wonder if Trayvon even went under the porch of an individual townhouse. The clubhouse for the development is right at the front entrance, and where GZ first said he was calling from. It would be natural to step under the porch area of the public building to take shelter from the rain and that should not have been thought to be suspicious.

Sorry if this was posted:
http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16192139

Speaking before the investigation was announced, Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee Jr told a local newspaper: "The hysteria, the media circus, it's just crazy. It's the craziest damn thing I've ever seen, and it's sad."

HE'S SAD ....a very very sad man IMHO

I wonder what his neighbors are thinking?

And since it's a gated community, if there is an official neighbor watch?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Im thinking they are feeling pretty lucky that it wasnt one of them or their family or friends that gz found suspicious

Im thinking they are feeling pretty lucky that it wasnt one of them or their family or friends that gz found suspicious

I hear that!

But, I was wondering more so about how many are going to come forward and say that they complained about him or how he interacted with the community?

I wonder what his neighbors are thinking?

And since it's a gated community, if there is an official neighbor watch?

Yes, I too would love to know what his neighbors are thinking....and I don't doubt that to some of them GZ is a very nice guy, someone who was willing to help out and everything that they claim him to be..... I hope that at some quiet introspective moment, they sit down and start to think about what GZ was attempting to accomplish, and how far away from that his poor judgement got them. They just wanted a quiet safe community, but what they got was a community that now has a history of shooting to death an unarmed kid who was committing no crime, about as far from quiet and safe as it is possible to be.

Even IF Trayvon had been absolutely up to no good, if he was intending to vandalize or steal...How many bicycles, or plastic flamingos, or lawn mowers or whatever he could have carried away on foot were worth a person's life? Any person's life, let alone an innocent person.

This is America, we don't punish theft with the death penalty, and in light of that, I wonder if Mr. Zimmerman ever gets introspective enough to wonder why he didn't just stay in his truck and let LE handle things...even if something might have gotten stolen

The city of Sanford has posted the calls on their website - on the front page is a link to the Trayvon Martin Investigation consolidated information: http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.html

Wow! Ok! Go to the link and click on the link to the TM info. There is one called the "Retreat at Twin Lakes Trespassing Issue". Apparently, GZ didn't like the press coming to question people about the shooting and made complaints to the LE about the media trespassing! He wasn't happy to have his friends and neighbors tell all about what happened in the neighborhood and what a great guy he was? I find that a tad odd!

Conflicting information from the police department.

Here http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/TwinLakesTownhomesShootingUpDate.pdf it says GZ was on a "personal errand" when he saw Trayvon.

Here http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf it says GZ was acting in his role as Neighborhood Watch Captain...

Which one was it?

I would also like to know why the report says "a white male, later identified as George Zimmerman" but then refers to Trayvon as a "black male" throughout the entire report. His name is known, because it is on the report. :banghead:

The city of Sanford has posted the calls on their website - on the front page is a link to the Trayvon Martin Investigation consolidated information: http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.html

Thank you for posting that.

The police report says that Trayvon was face down in the grass. I have heard that he was supposedly shot in the chest. It seems to me he should have been found on his back, not his chest. :waitasec:

I sure hope someone in LE somewhere is watching GZ. This happened over 3 weeks ago now - does anyone really know where he is? Did he go into hiding? Where is he - physically? He could have left the country by now - and all legal like too boot - there's nothing to keep him here and I can't imagine him actually staying in the area with all the tension building.

JMHO

The link I posted above said that SPD has interviewed him twice since he was first let go, so unless that was by phone, he must still be in the area. I'm sure they have shared this info with FDLE and the other agencies involved because they all will want to interview him also.

If he did go out of town I would think it would be to his parents in Va.

Since the grand jury is coming up, he will be sent a subpeona for that
and will have to appear.

Was he "cleared" already, or would they have set bail for him if he was a flight risk?

With no charges, how can they set bail?

I guess they could put him on a 'no fly' list with TSA...

Failures:
GZ did not identify himself as a neighborhood watchman before asking "What are you doing here?" per the phone call.
A narcotics officer initially questioned GZ instead of a homicide detective.
An officer corrected a witness's statement about what she heard in a homicide.
Chief Lee said “Zimmerman had injuries consistent with his story." (Do we know if there are pictures of the injuries?)
Crump has not seen any of GZ's hospital records. There apparently was no mention of his injuries on the preliminary report (in a homicide)
No blood or alcohol tests were done GZ, involved in a homicide.

I cannot get past the fact what the PD DID NOT DO. I have lost 3 family members to unsolved homicides and this burns me up.

Wow! Ok! Go to the link and click on the link to the TM info. There is one called the "Retreat at Twin Lakes Trespassing Issue". Apparently, GZ didn't like the press coming to question people about the shooting and made complaints to the LE about the media trespassing! He wasn't happy to have his friends and neighbors tell all about what happened in the neighborhood and what a great guy he was? I find that a tad odd!

It is odd, and it's plural, complaints.

This is odd too; "The community is gated and they are requesting that we inform you that you are not allowed on property, unless invited by a resident."

Very strange thing to say considering that Trayvon was invited by one of their residents.

ETA: edit because I see it's posted that it was the president of the HOA that called.

I really hope that because the pd didnt do their job and collect the proper evidence that this doesnt end up not get prosecuted. This morality versus legality stuff is really.getting to me. So sad and wanting things right!

The link I posted above said that SPD has interviewed him twice since he was first let go, so unless that was by phone, he must still be in the area. I'm sure they have shared this info with FDLE and the other agencies involved because they all will want to interview him also.

If he did go out of town I would think it would be to his parents in Va.

Since the grand jury is coming up, he will be sent a subpeona for that
and will have to appear.

With no charges, how can they set bail?

I guess they could put him on a 'no fly' list with TSA...

You're right my mistake! I guess nothing they can do if even if he was a flight risk. I'm sure he's still in FL though, running would be consciousness of guilt.

Sorry if this was posted:
http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16192139

Speaking before the investigation was announced, Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee Jr told a local newspaper: "The hysteria, the media circus, it's just crazy. It's the craziest damn thing I've ever seen, and it's sad."

HE'S SAD ....a very very sad man IMHO

That man has NO IDEA what is going to HIT him! He's done! He needs to resign if he had any dignity at all! IMO, Standing his ground, won't apply here! He doesn't have a leg to stand on!

So one news agency is reporting that a witness said Trayvon was attacking GZ, has this been discredited? I'm just reading up on this one.

I really hope that because the pd didnt do their job and collect the proper evidence that this ends up not get prosecuted. This morality versus legality stuff is really.getting to me. So sad and wanting things right!

But how would not prosecuting make things right? :waitasec:

You're right my mistake! I guess nothing they can do if even if he was a flight risk. I'm sure he's still in FL though, running would be consciousness of guilt.

What really is infuriating is that not only is there nothing they can do about him leaving the country if he wants to, they are even helpless to recind or take away his concealed weapon permit, so not only is he free he still has his gun and his permit to carry so that he can go play neighborhood watch captain somewhere else for now anyway

he did confirm the parameters used to decide whether a license should be revoked or suspended.

1). A license is only revoked if a gun owner is convicted of a felony.

2). A license is only suspended if a gun owner is charged with a felony.

3). A license is not suspended if an individual is under investigation of a felony. Only suspended once the individual is charged.

http://thelastword.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/20/10780254-zimmerman-still-allowed-with-concealed-gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj