Identified! NY - Manhattan, LIVING girl, 14-17, amnesia, Oct'09 - Kacie Peterson

I was thinking maybe her head had been shaved in recent months and she may have had some type of brain surgery, which could have resulted in her memory loss. I know when hair grows it does cover scars in the hair area. But they probably would have looked her over. I also not some surgeries on the brain are performed thru the forehead, but I would guess it depends on where operation was needed.

Surgeons can go through nasal passages as well. Good thought about the haircut.

I think the similarity to Kara is amazing, but Kara's eyes were brown -- the unknown's eyes are blue...correct?

Mostly a lurker, but this story caught my attention. What a sad situation. The fact that she was found in BDU (battle dress uniform) pants, black shirt and black sneakers makes me think she was associated with the military. Also, the short haircut is similar to what she may have received upon entering boot camp. She may have been dumped for mental reasons, and maybe her next of kin could not be located, so they gave her a bus ticket and put her out. Lots of possibilities with the military connection. JMO. Also, I think she does bear striking resemblance to Kara K., though maybe altered appearance due to meds, etc. Not sure of Kara's true hair color, but JD's seems to be authentic.

Jolene that posted above has green eyes

I think she looks alot like Jolene. The military connection is also plausible! I also have to wonder if someone decided it was better to abandon their "captive" child after reading about the Garrido case. In which case, I would imagine that JD is from another state.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7079278

White female, light complexion, 14-17
Blond hair (looks brown to me), blue eyes
5'6'', medium build
Likes to read and write, into fantasy fiction
Thinks name might be Amber
Studying for GED
No memory of family, where she's from etc.

Picture of her on website!

P.S. My first time starting a new thread, let me know if I need to do anything/change anything!

I'm confused. Are Doe's eyes blue or green? That seems like a very important question to have clarified since eye color isn't something that can be changed (permanently) in an attempt to change appearance. Above quote BBM.

I'm not arguing with the green eye post (it could definitely be correct over the others I've seen), but I'm finding article after article that says Doe has blue eyes. It could just be me, but I believe the eye color could rule in or out several of the missing girls we've been discussing here.

http://www.kypost.com/news/national...eated-in-New-York/-En7U0cAzEOGB47pCAb4qw.cspx (says blue eyes)

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/amnesia_mystery_YOd7kvqUTvMVwJjpNPEgQM (says blue eyes)

http://www.kxnet.com/custom404.asp?404;http://www.kxnet.com/News/Nation/458036.asp (says blue eyes)

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/10/23/Teen-turns-up-in-NYC-with-amnesia/UPI-73091256337635/ (says blue eyes)

http://wcbstv.com/local/jane.doe.teen.2.1267062.html (says blue eyes)

maybe this one will be bigger

Wow, the teeth in that one seem very close to me - I mean, I see a lot of parallels anyway, but looking at the teeth it's amazing.

I can't remember teeth name at the moment (sorry, I'm exhausted) so I'll number them to say what I'm trying to illustrate.

If the teeth are 3r 2r 1r 1l 2l 3l with teeth #'d 1 being the front two teeth, and the letters representing left and right in her mouth NOT looking at the photos:

The angle of the gum covering tooth 2r is remarkably similar.

Plus, the way tooth 3l in both photos visibly is LESS covered by gum and so the tooth seems higher compared to the surrounding teeth PLUS the way it seems to protrude more looks nearly the same in both.

I wish the hair in Teegan's photo that's covering tooth 3r was moved over a bit to see whether there's a gap between 2r/3r, etc. to compare with the Jane Doe pic.

That sure looks like one I hope authorities in Perth look at - even if it seems unlikely given the distance!

Isn't eye colour a bit hard though because in some people it really does vary. Mine were bright blue when I was young, but now go between green, blue, gray, and even sometimes more hazel, depending on what I'm wearing, how I'm feeling, and even weather outside factoring in to how they see.

If you asked a dozen of my closest friends and family my eye colour, you'd probably have half say blue/some other colour together - and the other all tell you it varied.

My mom, on the other has had her eyes go from more green while young to bluer as she's aged.

So while with brown you're less likely to get a discrepancy, age and other factors may cause some variation, especially with blue/green.

Or that's my experience :)

Wow, the teeth in that one seem very close to me - I mean, I see a lot of parallels anyway, but looking at the teeth it's amazing.

I can't remember teeth name at the moment (sorry, I'm exhausted) so I'll number them to say what I'm trying to illustrate.

If the teeth are 3r 2r 1r 1l 2l 3l with teeth #'d 1 being the front two teeth, and the letters representing left and right in her mouth NOT looking at the photos:

The angle of the gum covering tooth 2r is remarkably similar.

Plus, the way tooth 3l in both photos visibly is LESS covered by gum and so the tooth seems higher compared to the surrounding teeth PLUS the way it seems to protrude more looks nearly the same in both.

I wish the hair in Teegan's photo that's covering tooth 3r was moved over a bit to see whether there's a gap between 2r/3r, etc. to compare with the Jane Doe pic.

That sure looks like one I hope authorities in Perth look at - even if it seems unlikely given the distance!

Teegan is no longer missing

Isn't eye colour a bit hard though because in some people it really does vary. Mine were bright blue when I was young, but now go between green, blue, gray, and even sometimes more hazel, depending on what I'm wearing, how I'm feeling, and even weather outside factoring in to how they see.

If you asked a dozen of my closest friends and family my eye colour, you'd probably have half say blue/some other colour together - and the other all tell you it varied.

My mom, on the other has had her eyes go from more green while young to bluer as she's aged.

So while with brown you're less likely to get a discrepancy, age and other factors may cause some variation, especially with blue/green.

Sometimes it depends...

My eye's are blue/green. Many moon's ago when I got my driver's license, they put green eyes on my license which is still there to this day. My eye doctor said I have blue eyes. My husband and two adult son's still can't figure out what the heck color they are! Neither can I. But I'll tell you that sometimes my eyes look blue in a photo and sometimes green.

Traveling, you just read my mind. Eye color is so confusing. One person's idea of blue is another person's green. And, "hazel" eye coloring is a varying combination of blue, green, brown, gold, grey, and can appear different depending on lighting, clothing, etc. So, we should probably not get caught up on eye color. Anything other than dark brown is subject to interpretation.

I think she looks alot like Jolene. The military connection is also plausible! I also have to wonder if someone decided it was better to abandon their "captive" child after reading about the Garrido case. In which case, I would imagine that JD is from another state.

This was the first thought that crossed my mind, another captive slave that has been brainwashed and abused, except, this girl was set free because of the heat caused by the Antioch horror. If this is the case, maybe her captor is another parolee that flew under the radar for many years? I hope her identity is discovered soon. Is it possible that someone induced her amnesia in order to cover up her captivity and their identity?
I wonder if she has been examined by an Ob/Gyn to determine if she's given birth or to see if there might be any signs of rape? I mean no offense by mentioning this, it's just a thought.

This girl looks like any number of street kids I have seen in San Fran or LA. her tattered military clothing is very common among street kids and punkers. That look combined with her hair also point to the possibility that she may be a young, gay teen as such a look is also popular with some teen lesbians.
In any event, the condition of her teeth and clothing definitely smack of a squatter type kid that has been on the street for a long time. Could have been a runaway from an abusive home or, if she's gay, one not accepting of her sexual orientation.
She also could have been a child that was abandoned/neglected and her family does not care. Thus, she has not yet been identified because no one is looking. These things happen.
Amensia is caused by a brain injury, typically, stemming from an accident, drugs or malnutrition, all of which would not be atypical of a child living on the streets: http://neurology.health-cares.net/amnesia-causes.php
I believe this child is a runaway or abandoned street kid. Poor thing.
By the way, she has been apparently ruled out as Kara. I'm sure her family would recognize her. I do think they share some features but it is fairly clear to me that they are not the same person.

I haven't been to any of the missing kids pages in eons, but are there any sites that have lists with photos of children who are missing so that you can just scroll through the photos without having to go to thousands of pages? It seems like I recall seeing something like that--maybe each state has a single page with info and pics? It might make it easier to scroll through and find who this girl is.

Another thought--I agree that it is possible that she might have been held in a similar situation as Jaycee Dugard, but if she has a scar (is it a surgical scar or from an injury) on her lower back, I doubt that any kidnapper would have seen to such medical needs as a kidney problem.

From what the articles state, they have ruled out that she is faking, and I am sure that she has been tested by some of the best in their fields. I tend to give credence to those statements.

She looks really familiar to me, also, Suzi. I just cannot place from where. Maybe a pre-adolescent kidnapping?

I will look around tomorrow (well, in a few hours) to see if I can help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back