How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

• I think it is okay to have one without the family's blessings.

Votes: 283 56.4%
  • I think the family should have the final say in any memorial, formal or not.

Votes: 130 25.9%
  • I have no idea what to think.

Votes: 89 17.7%

• Total voters
The Anthony's didn't bring the camera's with them, LP was already in front of them. And in all honesty a telephone call would have just ended up with the conversation being repeated on Nancy Grace this evening. I don't believe anything between the Anthony's and LP will ever be private or rational.

The Anthony's knew there were cameras at the ready today. And in all honesty, discussion of a phone call would produce far less sensationalism on NG tonight than the gauntlet they chose to run.

Maybe I can explain it better by using this as an example. On my side of the State, we have a missing firefighter that disappeared 2 years ago this past August. The truck was found at the bottom of the pond and there was blood in the cab of the truck. She just vanished. They have since found some of her items in canals, not a good sign.

She has 2 young children. On the 2 yr. anniversary this past August, rather than have a memorial service for her, they had a tribute so the kids could listen to good things about their mother and not focus on having to say good-bye. I realize that's a little different than this situation but nevertheless, this is what the family chose to have to pay homage to their loved one 2 years after the fact. Sometimes, families need more time to accept and go through the grieving process before they are ready for this. We don't have the right to assume they would never do this for Caylee. I understand how everyone feels but I just feel strongly that this is a family right that supercedes our right to proceed with this.

I think he is an self admitted media *advertiser censored* and this is a guarantee of coverage tomorrow, and more interview appearances. The FBI guy yesterday said he thought LP's only motivation was coverage. TM said today he was frustrated with LP and his media circus, that it was unproductive. The prosecution is asking for a gag order on this mess. None of this is helping. A search could have been conducted without all the press coverage in advance. TM says he was there with sonar previously, that didn't result in a media circus and the Anthony's on site. The whole thing is just so sad.

et Tim's sonar seems to have missed the park bench in the sawgrass that was found by the divers today. I think Tim is not the altruistic person he clims to be. HE makes promises that he does not keep. He has said twice that he will stay until Caylee is found. This is the SECOND time he has let down the volunteers and believers in him. I am disappointed in his going back on his promises that he makes

A memorial is simply to commemorate a person - the person doesn't have to be dead. It is to celebrate the person, their life, remember, etc.

The As may not like it and if I were in a similar situation I might not like it either - but we all have the right to do it if we wish.

No comment on LP and his motives... :crazy:

You know, everyone is so heartbroken over this precious child, that I'm not sure his motives matter to me anymore.

He seems to be the only one ready to do this, so for me, god bless!

Her family dosen't care about her the way they should, so let other families memorialize her. That family is sick and they need a gag order asap.
But, of course, the bang-up defense attorney managed to get it delayed. No surprises there. THIS time he had another case. Last time, he could give a chit about a case he had - seeing Casey to her house was more important than a homicide trial he had to attend.

The States Attorney doesn't have the authority to appoint a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) in a criminal case. Neither does the Judge. This is a criminal case; People of the State of Florida v. Casey Marie Anthony. What you are talking about is a probate case and guardian of the estate of a minor child. That is about property rights. There is also a probate case regarding wardship; guardian of the person. One can be a guardian of a person and an estate. So, there is no GAL in a criminal case.
DCF DOES have the authority tho

Sometimes, families need more time to accept and go through the grieving process before they are ready for this. We don't have the right to assume they would never do this for Caylee. I understand how everyone feels but I just feel strongly that this is a family right that supercedes our right to proceed with this.

I can respect that.

Although we may never agree, I definitely understand & respect your point of view about it. :blowkiss:

The A's don't "own" Caylee. And since they will never have a memorial for her, I think other people who have come to love Caylee should. I would definitely attend.
How do you know what they will "never" do?

If anyone ever wants to hold a memorial service for me, I'd really appreciate if they'd wait until I was officially declared deceased, please.

Darn! I wish you told us this yesterday!

I sure hope it's not too late to cancel the cake & flowers & balloons. :crazy:

I just watched an interview with TM where he stated that they did return to BP with side-sonar equipped boats, and that there is nothing there. He also alluded to LP's motives in going there today as being for publicity only.

I find that strange, because I question WHEN he was there with sonar equipment, this time or the last time. I was there Saturday and there were no boats with sonar that I saw.

I guess this debacle really got to me today. I suddenly remembered the quote

"It takes a village to raise a child".

In this case, it seems it might take a village to honour a child.

Bolded by me. Have they suddenly forgotten how to use a telephone? Absolutely no reason to show up today except to deliberately cause a commotion in front of the cameras, once again. I'm sure they could have come to an agreement with LP if they had discussed it with him rationally, in private.

The same can be said for LP... he couldn't have given a call to the A's beforehand regarding a funeral service for their granddaughter?

I believe that "rational" just isn't much of an option to the A's anymore, and how anyone can insist they act rationally under such a hateful, public onslaught and the despair of losing their only grandchild is beyond me.

...To avoid further scenes and violence, perhaps it would be best if everyone who felt the need for closure at this stage, quietly and privately tossed flowers into the water, or left soft toys, cards, etc., in what they consider an appropriate spot, as an expression of their love for Caylee.

I totally agree with you that this would be far more appropriate at this time and under these circumstances. I can't help but notice that even here in this thread, in discussing things like prayer vigils and memorial services for little Caylee, the hatred and rage against the grandparents she loved has to be included.

I guess this debacle really got to me today. I suddenly remembered the quote

"It takes a village to raise a child".

In this case, it seems it might take a village to honour a child.

I think that about sums it up! :clap::clap:

Darn! I wish you told us this yesterday!

I sure hope it's not too late to cancel the cake & flowers & balloons. :crazy:

Are you kidding? Today's my 50th birthday - we'll just change the theme!

PARTY!!!!!

If Caylee could choose, the Anthony's are the people she loved most in the whole world. Actually Casey was too.
She never had a CHANCE to love anyone else. Her mom dragged her from b/f to b/f. This trainwreck of a family nefver deserved Caylee. They cared so much about her that they waiting for a MONTH before reporting her missing. That's not caring. They trusted an alcohol-drinking, irresponsible thief to provide for this child. George and Cindy KNEW what Casey was like and they ignored it - thereby allowing their grandchild to be put in danger. They failed Caylee as muchy as Casey did

I think it is safe to say, that even if Caylee's remains are found and the family has their service, that NO ONE outside of immediate family will be allowed to attend. My feeling is that this is the only way any outsiders would be able to memorialize her anyway. So, why wait?

I just watched the video of the clash today. I understand that the Anthony's are not easy to like. I see how they seem to be in a constant state of aggression and anger but what I really see is devastation. I believe that the Anthonys are so overwhelmed by loss that they can't face their grief. I think they have to be angry and combative in order to avoid that which they cannot face. They have truly lost everything. No aspect of their lives will ever the same. I am so sad when I see them. I'm not justifying any of their actions, but they certainly have earned my compassion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back