FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one that posted the article along with about 4 other articles that had just come out. I didn't post it because I supported it. I posted it because it was a relevant news story, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for doing that, Adrienne. I would have never seen the articles had you not posted them. Nothing directed to you personally, I'm sure. Keep them coming we need to see them. Thanks again. jmo

I've got to get moving and I want to thank everyone who keeps the updates coming beforehand. Ya'll rock! :rocker:

Justice for Trayvon Martin!

Rally in NY, city councilman spoke wearing a hoodie. Said he wears a hoodie, he's black and he's not a criminal.

Several basketball teams and basketball players wore hoodies in support.

There was a segment with little kids wearing hoodies, they interviewed a little boy, he was so sweet and, right out of the mouth of babes he put it all in perspective. I hope they run it again so I can write down exactly what he said.

So stupid and pathetic that Trayvon's hoodie was used as an excuse or reason for him getting gunned down.

JMHO

Has this been discussed yet and I missed it?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/23/justice/florida-teen-shooting/?hpt=hp_t1

An attorney for GZ states that GZ had an injury to his nose that he believes to be a broken nose, and a cut to the head that he believes need stitches but had started to heal by the time he got to the doctor. Now, IMO, that makes no sense. If GZ had a broken nose, he had a broken nose. There would be no need for questioning it. And, as someone who has needed stitches a couple of times, there was no "healing" that quickly occurred that made the stitches unnecessary. The stitches were needed to stop the bleeding. I am seriously questioning these statements and, IMO, they make it look worse for GZ. If any of this were true, why didn't the attorney have a doctor statement or emergency room receipt to back these claims up?

Rally in NY, city councilman spoke wearing a hoodie. Said he wears a hoodie, he's black and he's not a criminal.

Several basketball teams and basketball players wore hoodies in support.

There was a segment with little kids wearing hoodies, they interviewed a little boy, he was so sweet and, right out of the mouth of babes he put it all in perspective. I hope they run it again so I can write down exactly what he said.

So stupid and pathetic that Trayvon's hoodie was used as an excuse or reason for him getting gunned down.

JMHO

I thought this from the Miami Heat was awesome...

http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...pose-in-hoodies-to-support-trayvon-martin.php

I have sweatshirts with hoods. To me TM had on a sweatshirt with a hood. I would expect because of GR's recommendations about not wearing sweatshirts with hoods that now Old Navy will go out of business. Amazing. jmo

Someone here predicted this was only a matter of time....if this has been posted, my apologies:

Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of George Zimmerman

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ack-panthers-protest-20120324,0,1231157.story

"When asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly saying: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 5,000 black men to capture George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin last month."

NBA Players Union calls for arrest, resignations in Trayvon Martin case

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...or-arrest-resignations-in-trayvon-martin-case

I hope Trayvon's family are at least somewhat comforted by all the support for Trayvon. While nothing will ever bring Trayvon back, I think they should be proud to know that his death will not be in vail.

Justice for Trayvon Martin!!

Exactly Adrienne37! May they find some comfort in knowing that their son (Trayvon) matters/mattered, not only to them but to the world. GZ and the Sanford PD thought no one would care about a young black boy getting killed - well boy were they wrong!!!

Man arrested for e-mailing death threats to Chief Lee.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/30750187/detail.html#ixzz1q3uocHwz

I had to sign back in for this one because as awful as it is, I laughed really hard when reading it (I know, I'm a disgusting human being) because I find it ironic that there is so much worry about the Black Panthers and here this crazy man wants to take out an entire Police force?

What in the world are they thinking? All of the ralllies/protests/vigils have been peaceful thus far in order for Tray's family to receive justice and an investigation is ongoing by several LE agencies. Putting out a bounty on GZ's head is not at all productive and IMO, incites potential violence.

I hope Tray's family publically rejects this notion.

MOO

wm

I am gravely concerned about the 'bounty' posted by the New Black Panthers. What are they going to do with GZ if they find him? No more violence. All protests have been peaceful and respectful so far. It needs to stay that way. I think this is a very ugly turn in things that I am afraid is going to make things worse. Yes, I believe GZ should be arrested, but it needs to be done legally through the court system. I believe it is being worked on and we must give them time to investigate since they had to start all over again. I also don't believe Trayvon's parents will support this.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/24/n...-at-planned-trayvon-rally-outside-sanford-pd/

New Black Panthers no-show at planned Trayvon rally outside Sanford PD

SANFORD, Fla. – Members of the New Black Panther Party failed to show up to a protest they planned outside the Sanford Police Department on Saturday.

According to several news outlets, the New Black Panthers had scheduled a protest on Saturday at noon outside the local police headquarters — a follow-up to one they held before MSNBC host and liberal political figure Al Sharpton’s rally on Thursday.

A much smaller contingency of New Black Panthers — including Muhammad — instead gathered at 1 p.m. outside the Sanford neighborhood in which Trayvon Martin was killed. According to the Orlando Sentinel, those Panthers are calling for an army of 5,000 black men to conduct a citizen’s arrest of George Zimmerman — the neighborhood watch captain who shot Martin.

There were hardly more than 15 people at the neighborhood Panther gathering, though.

I'm a little confused, unless I misread it, I thought the other article said that the rally with with these people had taken place. But in any event, hoping that maybe the family's representatives or someone got to them to ward off any thoughts or acts of violence.
There are new investigators now and better to allow them to investigate this thoroughly.

JMHO

There is no indication whatsoever that that happened at all. But, even if we assume it did, so what? Should we be given free range to shoot people for rudeness now? My 10 year old gave me some lip service last week. Shockingly, I let her live.

the only reason I ask is there is indication that there was a scuffle prior to the gun shut.

The family has already said they don't want anything like that to happen. It's now time for Black leaders, celebrities, etc... to step forward and back up the family and their wishes and speak out against this.

I had to sign back in for this one because as awful as it is, I laughed really hard when reading it (I know, I'm a disgusting human being) because I find it ironic that there is so much worry about the Black Panthers and here this crazy man wants to take out an entire Police force?

I found it interesting that this is an elderly white man. This violence was obviously not incited by Al Sharpton, The New Black Panthers, or the New Black Militia.

The man probably has issues that we are not aware of, but nothing excuse his emailing death threats---not just to the Chief, but also to his family.

Someone here predicted this was only a matter of time....if this has been posted, my apologies:

Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of George Zimmerman

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ack-panthers-protest-20120324,0,1231157.story

"When asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly saying: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 5,000 black men to capture George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin last month."

http://www.wesh.com/news/30750187/detail.html#ixzz1q3uocHwz

This guy wants to take out the entire Sanford Police Department. Crazyyyyy!

Sounds like he was mad as he!! and just not going to take it anymore. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members