LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brashear is the only street before the next camera. And it would've take about 20 seconds for her to reach one camera to the next. Not enough time for something to happen IMO, so she must've gone down Brashear

If they would just methodically comb those few blocks with bloodhounds I believe we would know exactly where she went down.

Cam29, I couldn't welcome you before the last thread closed, so

:wagon:

I was just thinking the same thing. Some company may have a "fleet" of these similar trucks, and the employees may get access to them off-hours. This is a logical bet, since they are extremely expensive (as compared to buying a personal vehicle for just getting around). Good point about buying used ones though.....maybe the used ones are cheap there.

Wonder if LE is keeping tabs on anyone wanting to trade one in...or the ones for sale in the want ads, etc?

Or, possibly, white truck was navigating back roads to avoid a DUI checkpoint and it is unrelated all together--depending on where he was spotted next on camera. The thing is, if he came back down St. Landry, he would have been caught on camera. If he continued forward on St. Landry, he would have been caught on camera. If he had turned down Brashear and went innocently down Johnston St, he would have been caught on camera. If he headed back down University, he would have been caught on camera. So someone somewhere has to have this truck on camera.

You don't think she cut through the parking lot to Azalea? I just don't see why she'd want to go down Johnston St. If someone was following her, and she knew it, it would have been quicker to cut through the LCG parking lot to Azalea and hit University back to the Circle K parking lot than it would be to head down Brashear. And if she wasn't doing it because she was being followed, why detour at all? Especially towards Johnston, when that's just farther she'll have to double back?

IMO, the lighting back there on Azalea didn't look all that great, and I would think that if I were biking it, even if I knew the area, I'd avoid it at night.

As for towards Johnston, again, if you check out the videos that I did, I pointed out that at the end of the St Landry Street extension, behind the Blackham Coliseum, the road there, Coliseum Road, leads directly to a brand new, well lit bike path that requires about 20 feet or so of travel on Johnston Street to get there.

Is anyone else finding it beyond frustrating that the argument on the last umpteen pages has boiled down to a collective inability of people to reach agreement on whether it was three trucks or two, and which truck is which in which photo? This thread is starting to go in a circle - as each new person pops up, insisting that 3 photos = 3 trucks, and then others have to correct them and then it starts all over again.

If this isn't settled on this website, I'm going to get vertigo and lose my lunch.

Finding the truck won't necessarily be hopeless. I know there are lots of white trucks, but if people keep their eyes open, they could notice various things from the bike that could be left in the back of the truck.

Such as: broken reflector, spoke, chain grease smeared (which might not wash off easily), scratches to the bed of the truck, paint from the bike, a sticker from the bike, etc.

There could be evidence that slipped under a bed protector mat.

That's why everybody has to keep their eyes peeled. Most criminals slip up or can't cover/remove all evidence.

Because the goal of a gazillion threads is within our reach in our lifetimes.

Sorry, my head exploded toward the last of thread #12.

I'd like to think that the more threads we accumulate, the more likely it is that the mods will create an entire forum for Mickey. Probably wishful thinking on my part, though. lol

Hello Everyone,
(I am re-posting this from the last closed thread.)

I have been reading everyone's post on here and trying to catch up on everything but this is my first post. There were only 2 white trucks. One with a bed cover and one without. The white truck with the bed cover which is not the one in the photo by Circle K appeared to be a mid size truck. It looks like a Colorado to me. This truck has been ruled out. The other white truck which is the Z-71 was the one by Circle K. There are 2 photos of this same truck which was both caught on camera by the Circle K. In one photo it was heading in the same direction as M. and in the other photo he was heading back towards the Circle K. I'm not sure how to do attachments but if it worked, this is the same truck in these photos.

I also had the same thought of the truck being a Chevy Colorado z71 quad cab. My mother drives a red one and to my non-car expert eye, they look the same.

Or, possibly, white truck was navigating back roads to avoid a DUI checkpoint and it is unrelated all together--depending on where he was spotted next on camera. The thing is, if he came back down St. Landry, he would have been caught on camera. If he continued forward on St. Landry, he would have been caught on camera. If he had turned down Brashear and went innocently down Johnston St, he would have been caught on camera. If he headed back down University, he would have been caught on camera. So someone somewhere has to have this truck on camera.

I would think so.

Sorry I was posting away on the last thread (which may still be open)....

Originally Posted by hollyblue
I really think a separate thread should be open for the truck discussion for those that are questioning the ID of the truck(s) vs what LE has released. ???? Hopefully.

I have the Z71 as the background on my laptop......
it makes me less crazy to be able to just look at it
whenever someone mentions it.

I agree with Hollyblue - have a 2nd thread for the truck. We are getting tunnel vision.

Is anyone else finding it beyond frustrating that the argument on the last umpteen pages has boiled down to a collective inability of people to reach agreement on whether it was three trucks or two, and which truck is which in which photo? This thread is starting to go in a circle - as each new person pops up, insisting that 3 photos = 3 trucks, and then others have to correct them and then it starts all over again.

If this isn't settled on this website, I'm going to get vertigo and lose my lunch.

Yes indeedy, especially since that truck/trucks have been ruled out.

People also should be on the lookout for anyone that drives the truck in question and has significant scratches, bruising, scabs from Mickey putting up a fight.

I'd like to think that the more threads we accumulate, the more likely it is that the mods will create an entire forum for Mickey. Probably wishful thinking on my part, though. lol
Wow! Never thought of that! I like the postitive deviousness of that idea, lol.

This case is going to go on for awhile now, I think. It well could deserve its own mini-forum - and, if anyone else thinks so, one should suggest it to a mod. They're busy people so if one doesn't hear back right away, don't worry. They listen and appreciate the suggestions.

Click on the View Forum Leaders link at the bottom of this page in order to do so.

OK I just want to say that I was absolutely certain the truck was a Dodge. I do not know how to do those side by side pics. I'm working with a phone here. All I can say is side by side the truck looks LIKE A DODGE RAM QUAD CAB.....IN MY OPINION!!!

Ok first post. I own a couple of Z71s, and no they aren't white, and they are in Hsv. Al. I can say with 110% certainty that the truck behind this young lady is a 2007 and up Chevy Sliverado Z71 4x4. Mine have identical wheels, if LE has tire tracks those wheel are 18inch alloys and come with Bridgestone Dueler tires. It is not a GMC, the Sierras have different wheels, also the grill and headlights are different. This is my first post and when I figure out how to post or link pics I will try and put them side by side.

*Waves to Everyone*

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdo1OjiuKk"]2009 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 5.3L Summit White - Richard's Chevrolet, Corcoran, CA - YouTube[/ame]

And someone correct me if I'm wrong but it's been forever since I've driven 1-10 or 90...but is the Whiskey Bay exit east or west of 1-10. So what I'm asking is do you think the person who dumped the bike was going towards Texas or Mississippi?

The Whiskey Bay exit is east of the I-49 and I-10 intersection by about 30 miles or so. Thus, they'd be heading towards Mississippi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth