Identified! Canada - Regina, SK, WhtMale 720UMSK, 20-30, hit by train, Jul'95 - Michael Kirov (Lewis)

Wow, I feel tears of joy reading new posts about this man!!! Not a time goes by when I pass the train tracks here and think of him. I e-mailed the detective in charge of this case with some possible matches but none matched. Every single missing male in Canada and even in the part of States they thought he could've been from don't match. I sent one that really looked like him and the detective told me he'd already been ruled out. I think the best bet is posting this story on various sites like usedeverywhere.com or kijiji. I think someone looking through might recognize him. I've already looked through the doe network and found nothing, what I found I e-mailed the detectives-no matches.

I think posting to kijiji under the personals "long lost whatever" would work well.

EDIT: What about the crest on the sweater in the reconstruction? I'll see if I can find anything about that. I also remember hearing an audio clip of the man traveling with the UID, speaking about what he knew about him, how he acted, etc.

K, here's another thread about this fellow: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76812&highlight=regina,+saskatchewan
Second post says the crest on his sweater resembles the Yugoslavian coat of arms, and Danaya said it looks like the Regina police logo, but the patch on the jacket has a crown on top and some sort of "wheat"-y looking things on the bottom. I'm assuming it's a military related patch.

Could any of these be a match?
http://images.milbadges.com/216/land_force_command_badge_n11178.gif - Canadian Land Force Command badge
http://images.milbadges.com/216/force_mobile_command_badge_n11660.gif - Canadian Force Mobile Command badge

"Boca Authentic" appears to be a clothing company based in Montreal. Another hint that he's probably from eastern Canada.

I live near Regina and I've seen Boca clothing worn around here. I'm not sure if Boca clothing is still manufactured, but you could buy it from somewhere like Sears or Zellers.

To the person Chasing Butterflies trying to join - please email me (roselvr@gmail.com) I just ran across your post at another forum from yesterday or today. I will explain the error to you. It has nothing to do with you personally.

I can't read the whole post, can only see the last few posts there.

EDIT: What about the crest on the sweater in the reconstruction? I'll see if I can find anything about that. I also remember hearing an audio clip of the man traveling with the UID, speaking about what he knew about him, how he acted, etc.

K, here's another thread about this fellow: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76812&highlight=regina,+saskatchewan
Second post says the crest on his sweater resembles the Yugoslavian coat of arms, and Danaya said it looks like the Regina police logo, but the patch on the jacket has a crown on top and some sort of "wheat"-y looking things on the bottom. I'm assuming it's a military related patch.

Can you tell what is in the center of the crest?

The sweater I have that was purchased at The English Sports Shop in Bermuda has the crown, the wheat and a standing Lion in the center. This crest was also on the 2 outfits that my sons had from the same shop. I know it was a long time ago since the kids outfits were size 3T and 4T and they are now both over 20 years of age.

The tag on the sweater reads

NEWPORT
Made Expressly for
The English Sports Shop
Bermuda
100% Cotton

I remember that almost all the clothes were 100% cotton in the store.

I just joined this forum in my search for more info on my cousin, Kenley Matheson, who disappeared in 1992 from Wolfville, NS while attending Acadia University. I know Kenley didn't wear shoes as large as 12.5. For the first time since he disappeared I feel a strong sense that I need to find out what happened and that the answers aren't going to come from law enforcement. I was sad to find that the link for Kenley on almost all missing persons pages I found is broken - I am hoping to find out how to get an accurate page up again.

Kenley is missed and I would like to know what happened.

I just joined this forum in my search for more info on my cousin, Kenley Matheson, who disappeared in 1992 from Wolfville, NS while attending Acadia University. I know Kenley didn't wear shoes as large as 12.5. For the first time since he disappeared I feel a strong sense that I need to find out what happened and that the answers aren't going to come from law enforcement. I was sad to find that the link for Kenley on almost all missing persons pages I found is broken - I am hoping to find out how to get an accurate page up again.

Caper, are you the Chasing Butterflies at the other forum?
I tried joining there today, even used you as my referred by but am await authorization. As of right now it still is not authorized :(

Kenley is the one I sent to the detective and the detective told me he was not a match to this John Doe as he had been ruled out.

Do you know if your cousin was depressed at the time? Was the sighting of him walking downtown reliable? Was there any place he frequented downtown?

I think posting to kijiji under the personals "long lost whatever" would work well.

Could any of these be a match?
http://images.milbadges.com/216/land_force_command_badge_n11178.gif - Canadian Land Force Command badge
http://images.milbadges.com/216/force_mobile_command_badge_n11660.gif - Canadian Force Mobile Command badge

I looked and no they aren't, the points on the John Doe's patch are red and those are blue. Are there any other ones?

Kenley is the one I sent to the detective and the detective told me he was not a match to this John Doe as he had been ruled out.

Do you know if your cousin was depressed at the time? Was the sighting of him walking downtown reliable? Was there any place he frequented downtown?

I honestly don't have any reliable info from when he disappeared - I was in college in Ontario and Kenley and I had lost touch since graduating hs. I do not have any reason to believe Kenley was depressed when he disappeared though he had apparently had a minor spat with one or more of his sister's friends the previous night when they were out together. Kenley had travelled extensively after graduating from high school 2 years earlier and it appeared he was ready and eager to start college with his sister, whom he was very close with. He chose to go to college, he could have continued travelling if he had preferred. I wondered if he had worked out alot of his coming of age issues while he was travelling and once he was in a more stable setting he found it wasn't working for him - if he decided to just leave. But there has been no evidence regarding anything since he left - no body, no activity on his bank card, no anything.

As for places he frequented, to my knowledge he really hadn't been in Wolfville very long - classes had just started and this was his first year at Acadia. He grew up in Cape Breton - in the Port Hawkesbury area, so Wolfville wasn't a place he would have been overly familiar with.

I honestly don't have any reliable info from when he disappeared - I was in college in Ontario and Kenley and I had lost touch since graduating hs. I do not have any reason to believe Kenley was depressed when he disappeared though he had apparently had a minor spat with one or more of his sister's friends the previous night when they were out together. Kenley had travelled extensively after graduating from high school 2 years earlier and it appeared he was ready and eager to start college with his sister, whom he was very close with. He chose to go to college, he could have continued travelling if he had preferred. I wondered if he had worked out alot of his coming of age issues while he was travelling and once he was in a more stable setting he found it wasn't working for him - if he decided to just leave. But there has been no evidence regarding anything since he left - no body, no activity on his bank card, no anything.

As for places he frequented, to my knowledge he really hadn't been in Wolfville very long - classes had just started and this was his first year at Acadia. He grew up in Cape Breton - in the Port Hawkesbury area, so Wolfville wasn't a place he would have been overly familiar with.

Were the friends that he had a spat with male or female (sorry, but my question mark key isn`t working). Did the police seem to have many leads. Sometimes when a person goes missing there is a `theory`that is predominant and floats around, you don`t have to tell me what it was but did you find there was any talk at all (wolfville being pretty small). In a case near where I live, everybody seemed to know what happened to a victim but the crime wasn`t solved for a few years as nobody wanted to talk.

I looked and no they aren't, the points on the John Doe's patch are red and those are blue. Are there any other ones?

I found a few sites with Canadian crests, but most had a different looking wreath than the one on his jacket. However, I emailed a collector of Canadian crests and asked him if he recognized it.

Can you give me location body was found so that I can change thread title to reflect properly?

Thanks for all you do here.

The police said:

He was wearing a black denim button shirt with a gold
“crown” logo displayed on the left front pocket.

Can we get a picture of his shirt with crest?

Hi Danaya,

Mostly I am going on the reconstruction. I have looked at him as well as a few others as possible matches for Kenley. The way he is dressed, the suicide, I just don't think that would be him. And don't get me wrong, you could be correct and this is him. I wasn't extremely close to Kenley Matheson. We went to the same high school and had mutual friends in the same small town. I believe Kenley is somewhere close to the Annopolis Valley where he dissapeared from. Either foul play was involved or he went for a hike in the woods and hasn't been found. Again I have abosolutely no proof of this, just gut feeling.

Please keep us updated when you hear back from LE. Closure for both cases would be great.

Perhaps you'd like to post his case so we can work on it?
Someone from his family just joined yesterday; perhaps we can put our heads together.

Also, once he gets his own link, we can post google maps of the area.

his website is no longer up.

Perhaps if we get him posted his cousin will make a gmail account and put up a quick web page.

In regard to the small number of men his age that were reported missing around that time, if you go to the Ontario Provincial Police website there are so many young men still unidentified from the late 80's and early 90's, and when you search for matches there are so few missing that match up to the time frame, description, etc.

Can you give us a link?

Yeah its unfortunate how many people are not reported missing or LE refuses to make a missing person report.

Just want to say that anyone with kids, please get them finger-printed.
Also make sure you take photographs with your cell as much as you can.
If your child's looks change (braces, hair) take a new cell phone picture. Try to get a front & side.

720UMSKjacket.jpg

I actually wonder if it's just a brand patch or the police's crest.
Can who ever is in contact with LE please email or call them to ask?
This way if it's their crest, no one will waste time on it.

So as not to confuse these two, the Doe and your cousin, we're going to get your cousin his own post. Hopefully the main person that's been posting about your cousin will make it; if not one of us can.

720UMSKjacket.jpg

I actually wonder if it's just a brand patch or the police's crest.
Can who ever is in contact with LE please email or call them to ask?
This way if it's their crest, no one will waste time on it.

Roselvr,

You can see Regina Police's logo here: http://www.reginapolice.ca/ It's not close to the crest of the jacket.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) is Canada's national police. They have a similar logo, but it is not the crest on the jacket.

rcmp_crest.gif

RCMP_CrestWebsite.jpg

I can call and verify this information, but it looks like it is on the jacket, esp since it appears to be at the same angle as the jacket. It looks like a common type of embroidery for that time and part of the a preppy look. I wish we had a good high res image of the jacket.

I e-mailed the detective about the patch, asking if it has been identified. I will post when I hear back but it can take a little while.

ETA: Another thing I thought of when I first started researching this, if the man was from out of town, wouldn't he have had to stay somewhere? I wonder if he stayed at a local homeless shelter. By now, the records are probably long gone.

Roselvr: the OPP address is http://opp.ca and then you will find a directory of unidentified remains containing graphic photos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back