CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully it's cleared up a bit for the last 45 minutes or so with no rain. But it looks like we're about to get heavier rain again in about 20 minutes or so looking just a bit west of the park. We've largely been missed by the heavier rains going a bit northerly or south of us...thankfully!

If you want to see the satellite for the park http://www.wunderground.com/radar/r...&lightning=0&smooth=0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0 Here you go. Zip code 92128 will center it at the Rancho Bernardo weather station which is just about a mile south of the road down West Bernardo from the park.

So many people turned up to search they had to turn people away! They're asking those who were turned away to come back tomorrow and continue to paper neighborhoods and businesses with posters about Chelsea, beyond just the RB/Poway/Escondido/CMR areas.

SUNDAY search starts at 9 am

All of the homes along the park on the Westwood side have reportedly gotten door to door knocks and visits talking about Chelsea and asking if anyone saw anything usual Thursday. It sounds like they've also done the homes right along the freeway (basically south of RB Baptist)

Poway Costco donated water and snacks for all the searchers.

One often wonders how someone could be abducted in a public place in broad daylight. We as strangers to eachother in public dont know who eachother knows. If I see somenoe pull up next to another car and they talk, I dont assume somethings "going down". If I look across a park and see 2 people talking then again, I dont assume anything. As a casual observer anyway. As a sleuther I tend to run a bit more suspicious but just pointing out how much we DONT pay attention and were not being neglectful in doing so. There are ways to quickly subdue someone such as chloroform or stun guns. Its time for a whole new approach to looking out for one another and not being afraid to lightly stick our nose in someones business to make sure their okay. Its a big deterrant for a perpetrator to know he has been spotted, seen, or taken note of. I think maybe even a verbal acknowledgement, saying hello to someone you might THINK could be up to no good could prevent something from happening.

Missing Poway Teen's Parents Cling to Hope

With hundreds of volunteers crowded around, Chelsea King’s rain soaked and emotional father held up a post-it note taken from his daughter’s bathroom.

“They can because they think they can,” the quotation read.

“We think we can bring her home,” Brent King told the crowd, clinging to hope that his missing daughter will be found safe.

So many volunteers turned up to help on Saturday that more than 700 were turned away. Chelsea’s mother was overwhelmed with the support.

<snip>

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the Chelsea &#8216;s whereabouts.

In stormy conditions, investigators focused the search Saturday on Lake Hodges after land searches using infrared technology failed to locate Chelsea.

The FBI is now involved in the case, looking into the possibility that Chelsea may have been abducted. Investigators have taken Chelsea&#8217;s computer and cell phone into custody, according to Sheriff Bill Gore.

One often wonders how someone could be abducted in a public place in broad daylight. We as strangers to eachother in public dont know who eachother knows. If I see somenoe pull up next to another car and they talk, I dont assume somethings "going down". If I look across a park and see 2 people talking then again, I dont assume anything. As a casual observer anyway. As a sleuther I tend to run a bit more suspicious but just pointing out how much we DONT pay attention and were not being neglectful in doing so. There are ways to quickly subdue someone such as chloroform or stun guns. Its time for a whole new approach to looking out for one another and not being afraid to lightly stick our nose in someones business to make sure their okay. Its a big deterrant for a perpetrator to know he has been spotted, seen, or taken note of. I think maybe even a verbal acknowledgement, saying hello to someone you might THINK could be up to no good could prevent something from happening.

I've actually been attacked in broad daylight, people who were there looking right at me from across the street, as I was screaming and struggling with the attacker, doing NOTHING. It's unfortunate, but it does happen, even with people there.

There are currently 31 teams of searchers out searching for Chelsea.

Reporting time Sunday is 9 am for tomorrow's groups. THREE copies of this form should be printed and brought on Sunday if people want to search - it will speed up the process on Sunday.

They're asking all those under 18 or if the maximum number of searchers are met to please pass out fliers or tie blue ribbons around the neighborhood.

Helicopter circling overhead again.

They're saying over 1000 people showed up wanting to search today! Great news!

I always thought of my neighborhood as being safe as I have lived here more than 20 years but that was not the case. I used to walk 3 miles every evening at dark. On one particular night a transit bus went by and made a stop at a bus stop that hardly ever sees any riders. A man got off the bus. He kept making weird whistling noises at me and I ignored him. I looked back and he had dissappeared or so I thought. I was surprised to find out that this man who cut thru a school grounds and jumped a fence to come face to face with me. I ran into the street as most of my neighboring homes had no lights on. Luckily for me a neigbor was driving down the adjoining street at that moment and he gave chase to the man. The man escaped by jumping a condiminium block wall. I have never gone walking alone since that night.

I can't imagine why they have not found her if she is somewhere in that area...I have not heard of such a search as this in a long time...so quickly generated and so multi-faceted. If all of these various methods can't find her then i fear she is not there. But those of you who are nearby can possibly believe that it would be this difficult? Is it that heavily wooded?

It's possible that she was abducted and taken out of the area if they don't find Chelsea soon. She was reported missing so quickly, and the searches put together fast, and yet they haven't found her. I'm worried, but then again the search area is big. Is it possible someone grabbed her and took off with her in a car or boat?

Now that it looks like another day will go by with no sign of Chelsea, I'm beginning to think she's no longer in the area. With the police being contacted so quickly after she went missing, I think if she were still in the area she would've been found by someone by now.

Still praying for a safe return.

Come home soon Chelsea. :rose:

I can't imagine why they have not found her if she is somewhere in that area...I have not heard of such a search as this in a long time...so quickly generated and so multi-faceted. If all of these various methods can't find her then i fear she is not there. But those of you who are nearby can possibly believe that it would be this difficult? Is it that heavily wooded?

I agree. That's why I think it's increasingly looking like an abduction.

As I wrote a few hours ago, I'm definitely afraid now that we're over 40 hours into round the clock searching and there is still no sign of her, that it's not a good sign.

While there are a lot of trails and areas to search, if she had truly fallen and gotten injured and was just somewhere in the brush waiting to be found, that between people on horse, bike, foot, atv, boat, or helicopter, that something would have led them to at least signs she had been there.

Most of the more heavily used trails are not all that obscured, it's just if you go off into the brush and chaparral it'd be harder to see someone or something. There are a few areas of bigger trees, but even the narrowest trails look more like this than totally overgrown. The bigger areas of heavy trees on the south side near the park were largely burned in the wildfires, so it's more like spotty eucalyptus and other trees, and lots and lots of chaparral-like brush here.

It's possible that she was abducted and taken out of the area if they don't find Chelsea soon. She was reported missing so quickly, and the searches put together fast, and yet they haven't found her. I'm worried, but then again the search area is big. Is it possible someone grabbed her and took off with her in a car or boat?

Car yes, boat virtually impossible.

VERY few boats go out on Lake Hodges, especially in the areas nearer the park. In addition, the lake is only open to boaters on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

There are very limited times boats can even go out at the lake, very specific restrictions on where they can go and how close to shore, and they largely stay nearer the dock and dam area which is many miles away from the park.

Right now most of the area near the park looks like this with branches and tree parts sticking up out of the water. It makes it difficult for boats to navigate at all there. I honestly can't even think of the last time I've seen a boat in the area near the park.

In addition, most of the trails near the lake aren't really all that close to the water's edge. There are a few spots people go to fish, but you have to leave the true running/walking/biking trail to get to them, so that would also add to the challenge of that happening. That's one of the things that I don't like about walking/running near Lake Hodges is that most places have the paths/trails quite a distance from the water. You can see it, but it's hard to stop and take photos or really be down near the water.

There will be a special prayer meeting for Chelsea King tonight at Ranch Bernardo Community Presbyterian Church 17010 pomerado rd, san diego 92128
7:00 pm

if she was abducted there is someone out there who suspects something...someone whose boyfriend, husband, cousin, whatever is not where he should be or had taken off for a few days from work suddenly, etc...someone who may have been acting weird lately...someone who goes to that park on some kind of a regular basis and therefore lives nearby and their relatives would have seen all of this media...i am sure calls can be made without caller giving name if anyone has someone in mind who could fir this profile...it would be nice, if for once, this could happen before it's too late so we don't have to hear later how so and so was acting weird, took off work, etc...

I did a search of the area for sex offenders and there are a few in the crimes against children category in that area. One resides very close to where she disappeared (although I think it is a gentleman actually at the retirement community?).

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp?frm=0
Type in California and 92128 as the zipcode.

I did a search of the area for sex offenders and there are a few in the crimes against children category in that area. One resides very close to where she disappeared (although I think it is a gentleman actually at the retirement community?).

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp?frm=0
Type in California and 92128 as the zipcode.

i don't see a place to put the zip code in?
where do u do that?

Right now I think being abducted near her car or a mountain lion attack seem to be logical possibilities. I'm not sure if there has been any info released on security cameras watching the parking lot. As for the mountain lions, as somebody posted earlier they bury their prey so it could be tough to find her for that reason.

Also, there was a healthy young man who went missing in Southern California recently out walking a dog on similar trails, although those trails were more intertwined with developed areas. Unfortunately he was found deceased, he had somehow fallen into a rushing irrigation ditch and had drowned. It took a few days to find him I believe. Are there those types of ditches in the area?

Right now I think being abducted near her car or a mountain lion attack seem to be logical possibilities. I'm not sure if there has been any info released on security cameras watching the parking lot. As for the mountain lions, as somebody posted earlier they bury their prey so it could be tough to find her for that reason.

Also, there was a healthy young man who went missing in Southern California recently out walking a dog on similar trails, although those trails were more intertwined with developed areas. Unfortunately he was found deceased, he had somehow fallen into a rushing irrigation ditch and had drowned. It took a few days to find him I believe. Are there those types of ditches in the area?

yes that was the young baseball player, very sad case...but of course there wasn't anything like this sort of search...that is what is so mind-boggling to me, the magnitude of this search is overwhelming and yet nothing? i just don't believe she is in there?
I know this is very unlikely IMO but has there been any word on a boyfriend? ANY chance she was overstressed as many high school high-achievers are, and just took off? I wish this was the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam