GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with 4 people missing...and these kids are not small kids, they are middle-schoolers....we could be looking at more than one perp. They also took the dog, which is very strange. Any other cases where a person and their pet were kidnapped?

Not a DOG or PET person but, maybe the dog took off. Once the door was open. They had to get in the truck some how.
If I was a dog and seen a way to get away I would run as soon as I could.

LE is focused on Wednesday as well.

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/13/barber-updates-community-on-search.php

(snip)
“That area had been thoroughly searched by law enforcement officers Thursday night,” Barber said. “We hope those folks, if they find anything unusual, back off from it and call the sheriff’s office immediately. We would also like to hear from anybody who had any kind of contact with any of the four of them on Wednesday afternoon. First we are trying to determine a time line for Wednesday, and second, we want to find out if anybody heard anything unusual from the four of them — if they had any concerns about anything they heard from them or anything about another person or family issues. If anyone has seen them or heard from them call (740) 397-3333, our dispatcher division or (740) 393-6800, our detective division.”

Don't know why I didn't think of this last nite, but maybe the reason media is saying the b/f reported Tina missing is because it was Maynard that called LE?

In one of the news vids linked upthread, Maynard said that the DQ worker emailed hiim Wednesday when Tina didn't show up for work...it makes more sense that he would be the one to raise the alarm because he's worried about Sarah & Kody, and he's said that Tina has never gone anywhere w/o lettng him know...from what I've read, it doesn't seem that GB got too worked up about Tina & the kids being gone. (In fact, in the news vids, it's like he's talking about a missing shoe - not his roommate/girlfriend/ex-fiancee & 2 children.)

Also, one of the news vids said LE is monitoring Tina's cellphone & bank records...made me think that they think she has a cellphone w/ her....they didn't mention anybody else's cellphone (like Stephanie or Sarah).

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/state/4-reported-missing-forces-lockdown-at-ohio-college

1st video, near the end:
Larry Maynard (speaking, I assume, of GB):

"The kids have told me when he gets drunk, he gets somewhat violent. He throws beer bottles at the pickup truck if their mom tries to leave. He broke the garage door. I mean, you know, he gets real vulgar, you know, belligerent when he's drunk."

That's very interesting. They didn't print that in their story on the same page.

OK, a person was asking on this thread why didn't LE go inside the house when they were called out to do a welfare check.

Well, unless there is a valid reason that someone's life is in danger, they can't barge into your house without a warrant.

A lot of times, a LE officer in a rural county may be the only LE officer on patrol in a certain area of that county. If that LE officer needs a backup unit, the nearest backup unit can be miles away in another part of a rural county.

That's very interesting. They didn't print that in their story on the same page.

Wonder if they're worried about slander/libel issues - or they simply aren't printing it until they can verify the information.

"The kids have told me when he gets drunk, he gets somewhat violent. He throws beer bottles at the pickup truck if their mom tries to leave. He broke the garage door. I mean, you know, he gets real vulgar, you know, belligerent when he's drunk."

Respectfully snipped....

Hmm, the same garage that Stephanie's truck is parked in?

It is hard to imagine how one person could abduct 4 people and possibly a dog.
And if for some horrible reason, it was a home invasion, the attackers
would not take the family with them.
They would leave them at the home... living or not..

I keep thinking, kids are home around 4pm.. to 4:30pm.
Who is there when they get home?
When did Stephanie come over?
Did other neighbors notice the truck being put in the garage?

What time did the two women plan to go looking for a rental?
How many people knew of their plans?

When did they leave the house? In what? The truck was there the two times the
police stopped by on Wed.

With the FBI there and OBI, and the local police, I think they are gathering info fast.
At least, I hope so.

Two questions that came to my mind:

1. I don't know much about the kind of dog Tanner is -- is it loud? Did it bark a lot? Does it usually bark a lot? Did the police hear the dog when they were there on Wednesday? I wonder when the last time anybody heard the dog was? I ask because I have neighbors with very loud dogs, and they are definitely noticeable. If anyone goes near 'em, they start yapping (lol).

2. Does Stephanie's house have a garage? Was parking her car in Tina's garage out of the ordinary, or was that something she normally did? If it's the latter, it being parked there might not be significant. (Unless evidence was found in the car, of course.)

I sure hope LE has thoroughly checked out Stephanie's house too, in addition to Tina's. With Stephanie being a neighbor, there might be evidence at her nearby house.

If someone known to the dog is involved, maybe the dog was taken elsewhere to be safe and fed?

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/sta...t-ohio-college

And what did bio-dad do about it? It doesn't seem like anything or why not say so!

This sometimes supposedly "violent" b/f said he would watch the kids at night while she worked. I don't like the sound of that. I also hope nothing 'bad' was going on with the 13 yr old girl but it does unfortunately happen. Could mom have confronted him with something like this? I don't mean to imply I believe this to be true but just throwing out a possible scenario that could cause something this horrible to happen to ALL of them.

Bio-dad also described him as "new" b/f but they were dating for 6 yrs & living together in AV for at least 3 (?). That's a strange way to put it isn't it?

I want to know more about friend..Did she have a b/f? Did her young son live with her? If so, someone on her side had to know something was up as early as Weds afternoon. I'm sure he would've called someone when she failed to return home.

The house supposedly had been ransacked a few months ago. What were they looking for & why didn't she report it?

So many Qs & such an awful thing to happen in 'Apple Valley'. The name alone makes me think of a very safe & peaceful community.

If someone known to the dog is involved, maybe the dog was taken elsewhere to be safe and fed?

I can tell you're an animal lover, cluciano...cause you have a positive attitude about what may have happened to this little doggie. Love that avatar you have there....we have kitty cats at our house too.

I keep hoping something is going to break in this case soon. Time is ticking.

I find it hard to believe, no offense, that anyone capable of hurting (or worse) 4 ppl (2 kids) would give a crap about the dog. It could've gotten loose while a door was open? or the perp didn't want to leave the dog there alone to bark alerting neighbors after they all fled? I know from a neighbor my dog would bark non-stop when nobody was home. Or maybe the dog didn't know the perp or was protecting it's owners so they had to shut it up? They didn't want to have the 'dead' dog found in the house so it was taken to dump off at some point?

Don't know why I didn't think of this last nite, but maybe the reason media is saying the b/f reported Tina missing is because it was Maynard that called LE?

In one of the news vids linked upthread, Maynard said that the DQ worker emailed hiim Wednesday when Tina didn't show up for work...it makes more sense that he would be the one to raise the alarm because he's worried about Sarah & Kody, and he's said that Tina has never gone anywhere w/o lettng him know...from what I've read, it doesn't seem that GB got too worked up about Tina & the kids being gone. (In fact, in the news vids, it's like he's talking about a missing shoe - not his roommate/girlfriend/ex-fiancee & 2 children.)

Also, one of the news vids said LE is monitoring Tina's cellphone & bank records...made me think that they think she has a cellphone w/ her....they didn't mention anybody else's cellphone (like Stephanie or Sarah).

All the media reports yesterday - Friday - were very confusing and conflicting. In an effort to be ahead of their competition, there was a lot of shoddy reporting done by the various media reporting on this case. We have to throw out a lot of the initial reporting, which changes the facts. The facts as we knew them yesterday morning are no longer accurate. I think some of the most recent article are giving us some accurate information to the time line.

Whatever happened likely happened sometime in the late afternoon on Wednesday. It was the manager of the Dairy Queen who initiated the investigation, raising concern when Tina didn't report to work Wednesday evening. It was the same manager who went to Tina's home when she didn't report to work on Thursday, entered the home and called 911 upon finding blood.

I'd like to know more about why the manager of the Dairy Queen was so concerned when Tina didn't report to work on Wednesday evening. The manager was concerned enough to ask LE to do a wellness check at Tina's residence. In most work environments, when an employee doesn't show up for work, it's not usual that the management would assume some sort of foul play right away. I would think that in most situations, management would consider illness, either the employee or a member of the employee's family being ill, or something that would cause a delay like car trouble or a car accident on the way to work.

I find it hard to believe, no offense, that anyone capable of hurting (or worse) 4 ppl (2 kids) would give a crap about the dog. It could've gotten loose while a door was open? or the perp didn't want to leave the dog there alone to bark alerting neighbors after they all fled? I know from a neighbor my dog would bark non-stop when nobody was home. Or maybe the dog didn't know the perp or was protecting it's owners so they had to shut it up? They didn't want to have the 'dead' dog found in the house so it was taken to dump off at some point?

Interestingly enough, I know some people who treasure their dogs more than their children.

Well, I kind of meant to allude to the boyfriend, possible co-owner of the dog, without being obvious...

Interestingly enough, I know some people who treasure their dogs more than their children.

Pets are often more lovable :) (at least on a 365-day/yr basis)
Sorry to be OT.
But I was thinking if the person loved the dog...and removed him/her for safety, that might come to trip him up at some point...

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/sta...t-ohio-college

And what did bio-dad do about it? It doesn't seem like anything or why not say so!

This sometimes supposedly "violent" b/f said he would watch the kids at night while she worked. I don't like the sound of that. I also hope nothing 'bad' was going on with the 13 yr old girl but it does unfortunately happen. Could mom have confronted him with something like this? I don't mean to imply I believe this to be true but just throwing out a possible scenario that could cause something this horrible to happen to ALL of them.

Bio-dad also described him as "new" b/f but they were dating for 6 yrs & living together in AV for at least 3 (?). That's a strange way to put it isn't it?

I want to know more about friend..Did she have a b/f? Did her young son live with her? If so, someone on her side had to know something was up as early as Weds afternoon. I'm sure he would've called someone when she failed to return home.

The house supposedly had been ransacked a few months ago. What were they looking for & why didn't she report it?

So many Qs & such an awful thing to happen in 'Apple Valley'. The name alone makes me think of a very safe & peaceful community.

I thought the bio-dad called GB the "new" boyfriend, too. But on repeated listening, I realized that it was the reporter who said "'new' boyfriend."

I have a question about the boss from Dairy Queen and it probably has no answer. (I always have questions that don't have answers...)

What constitutes "having permission to go inside?" Did he/she call and get permission from someone (Mom, LE, Ex-Bf, etc.), or was this some kind of verbal agreement during the employment?

"Hey, if I don't show up for work you are free to come into my house to check up on my family and I."

It's the one part of this that is making me go "hmmmmm" because I have never given such permission to anyone outside of my landlord, my neighbor and family members (for other reasons like "Can you watch my animals while I am on vaycay?" or the frantic call from another location "I think I left my iron on!! Can you check for me??")

I could understand if the manager saw something from the outside and force/make their way in, like the blood, but I would assume that LE would of saw that first since it was night time and the lights were on inside the house.

That part of the "information" has me questioning what would make an employee give such permission to their manager. Seems like they had a very close relationship/friendship.

I think it's possible that the manager and Tina were friends outside of work.

I've wondered if the house was unlocked, or did the manager have a key? If the manager had a key, that would denote a friendship beyond the workplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998