AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I feel a little browbeaten by that tongue lashing.

I know, right? WTH? I have never heard of a Bucket Drive either and was curious. Google gave me nada!
back to lurking for me.

so just for clarification
WWH is auntie (dh's wife)
and MWH is mom?

I'm curious as to the timing of the abused victim coming forward and the disappearance of BW. (btw, so glad she was brave enough to come forward!)

question…
If an abused victim contacts LE reporting the relatives abuse, how long after that would LE/PD make an arrest? (6/19 uncles arrested) TIA

Not trying to figure out who the victim is or accuse BW of wrongdoing…just having questions about the connections and timing of events (that we have conflicting answers too!) and/or a motive of actions that might have some barring on this case.

-Was the reporting prompted by BW's disappearance?
-Did the victim think with BW gone it was the right time to come forward….she was safe to tell?
-BW knowing about the abuse and encouraged the abused not to tell (scared)?
-Victim thinking there is a connection and thought telling might bring BW back?
-BW knew the victim was going to tell and was going to warn DH?
-Victim wanted the abuse to stop and thought him/they had something to do with BW's disappearance?

It just feels like there has to be a connection with the disappearance, arrests and suicide….MOO

so many more questions…so few answers

BTW, thank you Zeaux. You are a tireless supporter of this family. You have offered information that has been crucial to everyone's thoughts and opinions here. I am very appreciatve for everything you have done. I admire your courage for stepping up and saying things that I know were difficult to say considering your closeness with this family. As you have requested that we not look at this family's lack of knowledge of how to act in this situation as a lack of caring or concern, I ask you not to judge some of our statements or opinions as a lack of caring or concern on our part. I, for one, am very concerned about BW and the affects that her being missing has had on her family, primarily, because this is my neighborhood where I have lived and because we are dealing with human beings who, dispite their faults, deserve respect and understanding. The thought never leaves my mind that this could have been/could be me, a relative, or a situation in my family.

Zeaux,

I agree with most of what you have said, however, I don't think that websleuths, and please correct me if I am wrong here, was designed to be a "Rah-Rah" site. This is a place where democracy within the bounds of respect for the individuals can be displayed. The very essence of investigating is to question everything. I believe that a lot of the points brought out by posters here are valid questions and, in most cases, they go out of their way to state that it is an opinion or assumption and not a fact. If something is distasteful or out of the bounds of what is permissable then it has been noted and corrected. I share in the family's frustration though I have no idea the amount of suffering they have had to endure the last month or so. I think the greatest blessing and travesty of all is that this site is the #1 google hit for the most current info on Brittney Wood. So sad...

Respectfully,

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the intent of Zeaux's post which for all intents and purposes contained the same meaning & sentiment as mine.

No one would ever claim that the members at WBS were uncaring or not contributing to efforts to determine what happened to a victim, where they might be found and how justice can be served.

We often forget that written words can be taken out of context even by the most level headed individuals... now put yourself in the position of a person who is grieving and who may be able to tie their shoes on a good day.

The use of encompassing words such as "family" is likely to be perceived to include every member of a family. They would believe they are a "bad" person or family member for not doing more or not knowing what they should be doing. You know the phrase, if you hear it often you eventually believe it?

It is no secret that some family members have not been supportive in the effort to find Brittney. There is a clear and distinct difference between those family members and the other family members.

Sometimes we do need to be the cheerleaders for victims and their families. Especially when we are limited on the ability to provide them with other essentials to help them through the worst possible scenario of their lives.

Not everyone is interested in pursuing the role of "cheerleader" and they are well within their right to chose another avenue such as dissecting every nuance over and over until they are satisfied, or simply give up... Which unfortunately - many folks have given up... here on WBS and especially in Mobile where they are needed most.

I personally have reached the point where that repeated dissection & discussion have become unproductive to me because without new information it is a cyclic exercise. You know the phrase, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result? That resonates with me personally at this point.

As such, my efforts are now focused on providing strategic support to the family by providing them with useful information, contacts & resources to facilitate receiving physical, financial & emotional support.

Again, that is my choice and I respect the choices of others to do anything they feel is respectful & supportive to the effort to find Brittney.

I'll check back with you good folks later as soon as I get this Twitter mess straightened out.

:fireworks: Happy pre-4th of July everyone!!! :fireworks2:

The confirmation that DH picked up BW is from phone records obtained by LE, not by witnesses or family members. There's been no media coverage since LE released this information, so it's no wonder it's news to people here.

The problem I see is that the use of the term "family" is too all-encompassing for this group. Obviously there are certain members of the family who are highly suspect for at least their honesty. I tried to be careful to refer to her immediate family or parents. To my knowledge, they're hiding nothing from LE. They've told the good, bad, and the ugly. Anything to help find Brittney.
Zeaux,
I really respect your bravery and courage to come on here and share the information you know as a WS insider. Also, it's obvious you do this because you sincerely care about bringing a daughter home to her family and not because you are trying to simply gossip. Your comments have really helped keep everything in perspective, especially involving what is actually going on down in Tillman's corner.
I would additionally like to add that I agree with your reminder about the family. Yes, it seems that not everyone in her family has been forthcoming, but you make an great point about BW immediate family. Her immediate family has done nothing but pleaded everyday about bringing her home. Just because members of her extended family and, even acquantances, may be engaging in actions that many find inappropriate that does not mean BW immediate family are! And that's what really matters. Besides, even if they weren't this would still make me want to find her. It's not the missing persons fault if those close to them are not doing what society perceives as appropriate.
Furthermore I am sure all of us have family members ( even immediate family for that matter) who we look at, scratch our heads, and say, "How is it possible that I am related to that person?!?!?!" haha! I know I sure do and I am very close with all my extended family...but sometimes it's just like "me and you are way too different to be related" ha! So that's a good idea for everyone to keep in mind!! I know the charges against the uncles are extreme, but let's be honest everyone, even though we may not have something like that (the uncles charges) in our entended family, I'm sure we all have some embarrassing people!
Also, I know some people are saying they have received rude comments on BW Hometown Search FB page but I hope this will cheer everyone up to hear that I at least had a good experience. A few days ago I sent the administrator some messages. They were very professional, polite, helpful and responded immediately to me. This leads me to believe that rude comments were left by people are who are not in BW immediate circle, but just people who live in her area and know her from growing up there. I hope everyone finds this encouraging.
Thanks again Zeaux for having the ability to rise above the distractions and focus on helping a missing teenage girl find her way back to her mother. I am sure God will bless you for all your sincere efforts. We all certainly appreciate them!

and MWH is mom?

I believe it is safe to say that WWH is auntie (DH's widow) and MWK is auntie (DK's wife). WWH and MWK are twins and CW's (BW's mother) sisters. FootballMom has a really great list of major players.

BTW, thank you Zeaux. You are a tireless supporter of this family. You have offered information that has been crucial to everyone's thoughts and opinions here. I am very appreciatve for everything you have done. I admire your courage for stepping up and saying things that I know were difficult to say considering your closeness with this family. As you have requested that we not look at this family's lack of knowledge of how to act in this situation as a lack of caring or concern, I ask you not to judge some of our statements or opinions as a lack of caring or concern on our part. I, for one, am very concerned about BW and the affects that her being missing has had on her family, primarily, because this is my neighborhood where I have lived and because we are dealing with human beings who, dispite their faults, deserve respect and understanding. The thought never leaves my mind that this could have been/could be me, a relative, or a situation in my family.

Absolutely! You have provided some valuable insight as well, and I do appreciate it.

I'm starting to see that perhaps the problems I've had with the critical posts were because of the term "family". I was taking it to mean BW's parents, not her aunts. I think we can pretty much all agree that the aunts have made so many inconsistent statements that we cannot assume anything they've said is true. But I believe her parents have been doing everything they know how to do, everything within their limited means (and it's limited).

I completely agree with FootballMom and I apologize if I took your words out of context Zeaux. I think we are on the same page, now. I wish I had bucket loads of money because I would freely give it to this family to help search for BW. A side note, this situation has given me an example to teach my children the importance and consequences of the decisions we make, even if they arent necessarily the wrong decision or bad decisions. I have shared the information, leaving out some of the details, we have on BW's disappearance and the struggle it has placed on her family. My daughter prays every night for BW, CW and PH. It is cute but also humbling.

I know, right? WTH? I have never heard of a Bucket Drive either and was curious. Google gave me nada!
back to lurking for me.

My apologies to you as well... again... I used the "bucket drive" to illustrate the point that the family is doing everything they can on their own to raise reward funds since LE & Crimestoppers (nor anyone else) will provide them with the very funds they have for which they were intended.

It was not personal - it was not directed at any specific individual and it was certainly not an effort by me to browbeat anyone.

I'm not saying it should be all "rah rah" or anything like that. I've been on here telling some not so pretty facts about BW's background, but it was all done to provide information that could be used to help find Brittney. That is what I thought this site was for--helping the missing and their loved ones.

The problem I have is that for many of the assumptions that case a negative light on the "family", I, and sometimes others, have explained the reality to hopefully quash the continued repetition of assumptions. Yet they continue.

May I ask that when someone is posting and referring to WWH or MWH when talking about "family" being dishonest, holding back information, etc., just say who you're referring to. When the term "family" is used, it implies other people in the family, namely the parents, who have not done anything to be labeled dishonest.

This is a great idea. Make it so, everyone!

:tyou:

No matter which way you look at, everything leads back to DH.

The last place Brittney was known to be was at his house, and as far as anyone knows, she was there alone with him.

DH's family has been doing all they can to twist things around and bend the truth. Why bother? The man is dead, let the chips fall where they may.

They went immediately into cover up mode:
DH's (adult) son was trying to convince people that Brittney was seen after DH was in the hospital

PNH: well wkrg facts are wrong, the last person who saw brittany was the neighbors that saw her and a different man at that house while my dad was at the hospital in icu, so get ur facts straight

I can't say I really blame him, he just lost his father and was probably given this information by "somebody" but certainly not LE or MSM.

DH's wife was deleting voice/text messages from his phone and trying to hack into Brittneys. Why?

Did she want his secrets to die with him?

I'm curious as to the timing of the abused victim coming forward and the disappearance of BW. (btw, so glad she was brave enough to come forward!)

question…
If an abused victim contacts LE reporting the relatives abuse, how long after that would LE/PD make an arrest? (6/19 uncles arrested) TIA

Not trying to figure out who the victim is or accuse BW of wrongdoing…just having questions about the connections and timing of events (that we have conflicting answers too!) and/or a motive of actions that might have some barring on this case.

-Was the reporting prompted by BW's disappearance?
-Did the victim think with BW gone it was the right time to come forward….she was safe to tell?
-BW knowing about the abuse and encouraged the abused not to tell (scared)?
-Victim thinking there is a connection and thought telling might bring BW back?
-BW knew the victim was going to tell and was going to warn DH?
-Victim wanted the abuse to stop and thought him/they had something to do with BW's disappearance?

It just feels like there has to be a connection with the disappearance, arrests and suicide….MOO

so many more questions…so few answers

I think we've all been anticipating more arrests and the rest of that iceberg to emerge! Until then, I don't think we're going to get any answers to those questions.

No matter which way you look at, everything leads back to DH.

The last place Brittney was known to be was at his house, and as far as anyone knows, she was there alone with him.

DH's family has been doing all they can to twist things around and bend the truth. Why bother? The man is dead, let the chips fall where they may.

They went immediately into cover up mode:
DH's (adult) son was trying to convince people that Brittney was seen after DH was in the hospital

PNH: well wkrg facts are wrong, the last person who saw brittany was the neighbors that saw her and a different man at that house while my dad was at the hospital in icu, so get ur facts straight

I can't say I really blame him, he just lost his father and was probably given this information by "somebody" but certainly not LE or MSM.

DH's wife was deleting voice/text messages from his phone and trying to hack into Brittneys. Why?

Did she want his secrets to die with him?

Dion, this is MOO, but I can't help thinking there's more to it than protecting her husband's secrets. I think she's protecting some secrets of her own. I have no proof of anything, but her inconsistent statements, the deleting of texts and voicemails, her anger toward extended family, all seems to be connected to BW. That just makes me suspicious. Again, this is MOO.

I do know at least some of her parents (I consider her as having 4 parents including the step-mom and step-dad) have been asking LE to look at WWH from the beginning of the investigation due to the same things we've talked about here.

I think that should be "MWK" not "MWH." That stands for Mendy Wood Kent, Dustin Alton Kent's wife and Brittany's aunt.

Zeaux, question for ya :)

Did the underage victim contact le herself/himself to report the molestation/rape/sodomy/incest allegations, or did her parents handle that call? I'm sort of wondering if the victim was the one to handle that call or report, then maybe they're not a child anymore but wanted to report what had happened previously. If it was the parents of the victim that made the initial contact with police, then that would mean the victim is still underage, otherwise police wouldn't speak to the patents at all unless the victim wanted them there (if the age of victim is 18 or over). Plus, I'm really bothered by the sodomy charges against these alleged perps. Sodomy? My mind automatically went to the victim being a male, even though both sexes would be possible, but it's weird to me bc most pedophiles that choose a female would do so for their virginity & prepubescent adolescence, therefore sodomy isn't as common. However, boys chosen would involve sodomy. It sort of makes me wonder if the victim actually is a female, if maybe the sodomy part of it all is some morbid kind of initiation. Sick to think like that... Also, as a side note to these charges - whenever a child accuses an adult of something serious such as this, they would see a doctor and that doctor would assess the child victim. If the victim doesn't show signs of sexual abuse, in this case sodomy, then it would be noted. Most of the time in these cases, such proof would be given to le before their official charges are places on the perps. Then it's brought up in court for the doctor to take the stand & be questioned by the defense & the prosecution.

Added note: This post is not sleuthing the victim. I'm wondering if this is one of the reasons Brittney is missing and, if so, then how does she tie into all of this...

and MWH is mom?
No MWH is not BW mom, did you mean MWK? Because there is no MWH
WWH = DH wife
MWK = DK wife
CW = BW mom
CW, WWH and MWK are all sisters with WWH and MWK being twins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics