British student murdered in Perugia, 3 suspects

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>

PERUGIA, Italy, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- Legal observers in Perugia, Italy, say they expect a quick verdict in the murder trial of Amanda Knox accused of killing her roommate in "a drug-fueled rage."

Attorneys completed final arguments Thursday with the jury scheduled to get the case Friday morning. A verdict was seen as possible by Friday night, the Italian news agency ANSA said. The prosecution is seeking life in prison for Knox.

Knox was described by the prosecution as "wound up like a spring" because of Kercher's complaints and "unleashed" her anger "in a drug-filled rage."

Knox was fed up with Kercher moaning about her bringing boys into the house and having to clean up after her, prosecutor Giuliano Mignini said in his final arguments.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Interna...-said-in-drug-filled-rage/UPI-15971259850066/

<snip>

PERUGIA, Italy, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- Legal observers in Perugia, Italy, say they expect a quick verdict in the murder trial of Amanda Knox accused of killing her roommate in "a drug-fueled rage."

Attorneys completed final arguments Thursday with the jury scheduled to get the case Friday morning. A verdict was seen as possible by Friday night, the Italian news agency ANSA said. The prosecution is seeking life in prison for Knox.

Knox was described by the prosecution as "wound up like a spring" because of Kercher's complaints and "unleashed" her anger "in a drug-filled rage."

Knox was fed up with Kercher moaning about her bringing boys into the house and having to clean up after her, prosecutor Giuliano Mignini said in his final arguments.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Interna...-said-in-drug-filled-rage/UPI-15971259850066/

I wonder if the Italians will let her serve her sentence In the USA?

I think she is going to be convicted, but I'm not convinced she did it.

I'm new to this discussion, but have been doing a lot of reading on the case. I'd love to hear opinions on a few points--or facts--there's a lot of contradictory reporting...

1) Is this a fact or a rumor--Raffaele purchasing bleach twice on the morning after the murder?

2) I have read that the victim, Meredith, did not have the defensive wounds one would expect to see in an attack this vicious, and this is one of the major arguments for multiple assailants. Do we know if this is true--lack of defensive wounds?

3) I am inclined to believe Amanda and Raffaele were involved in this crime. What has me scratching my head, though, is that Rudy Guede (guilty beyond the shadow of a doubt; he was there) offers an account of A & R's involvement that is impossible for me to believe. He says he was invited home by Meredith (which I don't believe, but let's give him that) and after sex he sat on the toilet listening to an ipod while the other two came in and killed her. Then Raffaele screamed something like, "Look, it's a black guy! We can blame him!"

Here's my problem. If I'm Guede and the truth of my guilt is that I acted in concert with A & R... Why do I need to make up such a totally absurd lie of a story? Wouldn't he have told a story that was at least closer to what actually happened? Maybe I am giving Guede too much credit. Perhaps the answer is as simple as he's not very smart and he wanted a story that had him out of the room when the murder occurred.

4) Motive. It's a huge problem for me. I will never buy that this was a murder planned by A & R, or even a rape. I just think they're smart enough to know that they could be caught and their lives would be destroyed. There's not enough to gain--no money, lover, child. I think there is a heat-of-the-moment & things-got-crazy scenario that is very possible. But even then, I feel like I need drugs heavier than pot to get me there. It feels more like Manson girls, Karla Fay Tucker... violence facilitated by drugs that impair your sense of what is and isn't real.

Anyway. You all seem to know a lot, so I wonder what thoughts you have on this stuff.

Gigi

Welcome to the confusion :waitasec: .

1. No on the bleach purchases as fact, but police did notice a smell of bleach in his home when they found the knife.

2. Not much defensive wounds. 47 wounds are said to have been found on Meredith thereby enforcing the multiple attacker theory as she was being held.

3. RG pleaded innocent, so he has to claim that he did nothing to Meredith but mess around a little bit. He said he was invited there by Meredith to explain his DNA on her and the fact that there is NO way he wasn't there.
At first I think he was concerned that if he fingered AK and RS... they would turn on him as the only one there. Once he pleaded Not Guilty, he was sort of stuck with his story (lies). His story may be closer to the truth than you think. Except for the 'date' part and him not being present at the time of the actual murder... his story may be close, but he had to excuse himself from the murder part.

4. I believe it may have something to do with missing cash or things coming to a head between Amanda and Meredith. I even think it may have been a sort of 'prank' at first- messing with Meredith by faking a kidnapping, playing a sort of 'game' with her to teach her a lesson by AK's manner of thinking. Maybe they set up RG to meet with Meredith, with AK and RS either hidden or disguised... then things escalated from there when Meredith didn't respond as they hoped. Maybe they just wanted to scare her... I just don't know.
I believe AK knew that nobody but Meredith was there, the boys were away down stairs plus Meredith had basically left AK out of the previous night Halloween festivities. Something surely was set up as both turned their phones off and had conflicting alibis after the murder. The lying imo is what shows their guilt, as well as the clean-up and faked theft through the window. I also think they may have been drunk and high... just not sure on what.

Hope this helps some.

<snip>

Amanda Knox, who is accused of murdering British student Meredith Kercher, has told a court she does not want to be branded an assassin.

Her voice trembled as she addressed the jury in Italy that is expected to deliver its verdict later this week.

more here (tho not more regarding her statements to the court)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8393722.stm

Hi guys,

Is there a website which details the night of the murder in full?

Cheers.

<snip>

In her remarks, Knox said she was trying to remain calm even though she is "disappointed, sad and frustrated" over her two years in jail. She said she remained "confident and certain in what I know."

Knox thanked her family and friends who supported her. She also thanked the prosecutors who seek to put her behind bars for life, saying they were only seeking justice.

"They are trying to do their job, even if they can’t understand," she said.

more here on the trial

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/international/europe/view.bg?articleid=1216367

I was reading that Meredith was a black belt in karate. I imagine it took the three of them, while high on something, to hold her down.

I was reading that Meredith was a black belt in karate. I imagine it took the three of them, while high on something, to hold her down.

Were you able to find that site?

I've never heard that about Meredith, thanks for the info.

Were you able to find that site?

I've never heard that about Meredith, thanks for the info.

Yeah. I found it.

I'm not sure if Meredith was a black belt (I took that from another forum) but she was trained in both karate and boxing.

From the BBC ..

Mr Kercher described his daughter, who had taken karate and boxing lessons, as "a very strong person."

I don't think Amanda actually may have killed Meredith ( this is something we will probably never know) but I DO believe she was there and knows EXACTLY what happened.

either that or they walked in on the crime scene and for some very stupid reason decided to clean it up. (or course i can't believe some people would be that stupid to do something like that).

Her actions and behavior throughout the 2 years are what leads me to believe that she is guilty.

JUSTICE FOR MEREDITH!

I don't beleive a word of it and I think the testimony at the crime scene has to be taken lightly due to the language and translation issues.

but lets say that it's true and that she was there....perhaps she wanted her boyfriend to move in with her. ... with meridith murdered it would be scary to stay there all alone.

none of it comes together well. The prosecutions dimwitted theroies are preposterous. The evidence doesn't hold.

The evidence is pretty solid but circumstancial. Wonder why the defense went for emotional pleas, instead of debating the evidence? Quite telling imo.

She could have moved TO her boyfriends. Plus there were other girls living there with her besides Meredith.

The evidence holds up pretty well. The lies, clean-up and staged break-in do not.

Yes, Hopefully the jury will come back with the right verdict: Guilty

If Amanda is truly innocent then WHY is she so afraid of being labeled a killer?

If I was accused of doing something I know I did not do I could not care less about what people though of me.

Yes, Hopefully the jury will come back with the right verdict: Guilty

If Amanda is truly innocent then WHY is she so afraid of being labeled a killer?

If I was accused of doing something I know I did not do I could not care less about what people though of me.

I would be worried I would be wrongly convicted.

Seems like there are problems on both sides. I haven't followed the case closely enough but changing the story doesn't look good regardless of the faults that lie with the prosecution.
Its getting late in Italy, 8pm there now, wonder how long they will go before they call it a day. Perhaps we will get a verdict by dinner time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts