OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this school has an video cameras? I live in a fairly small community and my kids school has them in the parking lots and in the building and the school I used to work at had them all over the place.

Or even any stores or gas stations in the area that have surveillance. I realize that the FBI would check into all of this, but there is definetly no mention on it yet.

Praying for Kyron!

I'm just coming in here, but can someone please confirm for me - the last place he was seen is inside his own school?? If that's the case, it makes this that much scarier....

I'm just coming in here, but can someone please confirm for me - the last place he was seen is inside his own school?? If that's the case, it makes this that much scarier....

That is what it looks like. There is a picture taken of him that morning in the school. His step mother says she last saw him at 8:45 am walking to his class room.

Thanks DairyGirl. Prayers for Kyron - the awful possibiilties swirling through my head are frightening....

That is what it looks like. There is a picture taken of him that morning in the school. His step mother says she last saw him at 8:45 am walking to his class room.

It reminds me of the Sandra Cantu case the way he disappeared so quickly among familiar people.

The search effort continued through Friday night, then grew Saturday morning as more volunteers and agencies joined the effort. An Oregon National Guard Helicopter joined the effort Saturday. Police dogs have been sniffing around the Skyline region since Friday evening. At a noon Saturday news conference, Multnomah Co. Deputy Jason Gates said they did not need more people showing up and trampling around the area, because they could possibly compromise any clues leading to Kyron's whereabouts. However, Gates also asked people living near Skyline Elementary School to search their properties. Many of those homes have already been contacted by law officers, who've gone door-to-door, asking people if they've seen any sign of Kyron or anything/anyone possibly related to the case.​

not the best quality but gives an idea of the search area, taken with my camera phone off the tv

school from air 12
air12school.jpg

Seeing those pics and how close the woods are to the school makes me think it is possible he went out to find a real toad and got lost. That is if all the reports so far are true that he was seen in the school by someone other than the sm and was assigned to a little group. I just dont see a pedophile finding the opportunity to snatch him in that case.

Lots of resources out there looking for little Kyron.

Search continues for missing 7-year-old boy

The National Guard is now assisting in the search for a second grader from Portland's Skyline Elementary School who went missing Friday.

That's according to a press conference held Saturday by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. The FBI also has asked to participate in the search, although as of Saturday – according to spokesman and Multnomah Captain Jason Gates – it had yet to do so.

[snip]

Search and rescue resources also expanded to include SearchOne Canine Inc., Mountain Rescue, Yamhill County Canine and additional members of the Multnomah County Search and Rescue team. Members continued their searching throughout the night, encompassing more than 20 miles of road and 2 square miles. Portland Police Bureau's air unit also was called in.

Saturday morning, around 7 a.m., the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office readied for its second operational period to find Kyron Horman. It ordered more resources which include Search and Rescue resources from Washington County Sheriff's Office, Yamhill County Sheriff's Office, Clark County Washington, Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue and a National Guard helicopter.

More: http://www.katu.com/news/local/95691389.html

Lots of resources out there looking for little Kyron.

Search continues for missing 7-year-old boy

The National Guard is now assisting in the search for a second grader from Portland's Skyline Elementary School who went missing Friday.

That's according to a press conference held Saturday by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. The FBI also has asked to participate in the search, although as of Saturday – according to spokesman and Multnomah Captain Jason Gates – it had yet to do so.

[snip]

Search and rescue resources also expanded to include SearchOne Canine Inc., Mountain Rescue, Yamhill County Canine and additional members of the Multnomah County Search and Rescue team. Members continued their searching throughout the night, encompassing more than 20 miles of road and 2 square miles. Portland Police Bureau's air unit also was called in.

Saturday morning, around 7 a.m., the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office readied for its second operational period to find Kyron Horman. It ordered more resources which include Search and Rescue resources from Washington County Sheriff's Office, Yamhill County Sheriff's Office, Clark County Washington, Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue and a National Guard helicopter.

More: http://www.katu.com/news/local/95691389.html

Yes that's excellent....come on guys, bring this little guy back home safe before night fall...

I had to quit reading the Ethan threads because my little boy looked so much like Ethan at that age...with glasses.

And here's another adorable little boy with glasses missing. It just breaks my heart because these little boys remind me so much of my son at that age.

Bloodhounds and police K9 search dogs.
No positive hits.

They plan on interviewing all 300 parents at the school.

Too much time and too much scent probably, ugh. But no positive hits means no positive hits yet. Hope they've got backup dogs out.

Too much time and too much scent probably, ugh. But no positive hits means no positive hits yet. Hope they've got backup dogs out.

Ew I didn't see or even think of that (no hits from dogs). If he was out wandering the woods wouldn't they hit on his scent? Did the dogs hit on the scent of that girl who was missing in the woods?

Ew I didn't see or even think of that (no hits from dogs). If he was out wandering the woods wouldn't they hit on his scent? Did the dogs hit on the scent of that girl who was missing in the woods?

If they're in the right area and they have the right scent article and he's out wandering around then they should be tracking and hopefully successfully. But in 6+ hours (if he has been wandering) he could have covered some distance before they got dogs out. If it's raining, or has rained since then that makes it more difficult for dogs to pick up a scent. The weather was good this morning for tracking...I'm hopeful with more dogs- despite a 6hr backlog- they still got dogs out quickly- and well, I still have hope.
I hope he didn't head toward a river or other water. Lots of times kids who are lost or wandering will head downhill. Worried about that.

Parent Gina Zimmerman was at the school for the science fair, which she described as major academic and social event for the school where the day's events included an afternoon talent show.

She said Kyron is not the type of child to wander off. "He knows 'stranger danger," she said. "He's a really good kid."

Parents are shocked at the disappearance, she said, and have been calling to share concerns at "our little school where everyone knows everybody."

She last saw Kyron in the morning, when he posed in a classroom in front of his "red-eyed tree frog" science project. He was posing for a picture taken by his mother, whom he loves, Zimmerman said.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

Zimmerman said everyone went into their classroom for the science fair and broke into parent-led groups of four or five. She wasn’t sure what group Kyron was in. but she said the last time she saw him was at 8:15, when the groups began going from class to class.

“Then you were supposed to stay with your group. I don’t know what group he was in.”

Zimmerman said the boy has no learning disabilities. “He’s a good kid who follows the rules,” she said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

From bing maps:

Front view of school:
SkylineSchoolfrontview.jpg

The forest behind the school that goes on and on and on.
Forestbehindschool.jpg

A better view of the depth of the forest, but it just continues on to the left. It is so large it cannot be captured in one shot.
forestdepth.jpg

Back of the school and back parking lot/recreational area.
Backofschoolparkinglot.jpg

basically reiterates what was in the news conference

NW Portland second grader still missing

excerpt ~

Parents of the 300 children will be asked to come to the school on Sunday on a staggered basis to interview with detectives to glean more information about Kyron's interests and school activities. They will be notified via a Portland Public Schools messaging system, he said.

Parent Gina Zimmerman was at the school for the science fair, which she described as major academic and social event for the school where the day's events included an afternoon talent show.

She said Kyron is not the type of child to wander off. "He knows 'stranger danger," she said. "He's a really good kid."

http://www.king5.com/news/local/NW-Portland-second-grader-still-missing-Saturday-95689114.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell