TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I am confused on this issue of B's phone that she claimed she left at home for the kids to use....

was this the phone...B's phone....that S deleted the calls/call lists from...while in front of the LE....????.......or.......did he delete the call/call list.....from his OWN phone while in front of the LE???

thanks to anyone clearing this up for me......

SA deleted 3 phone calls to "Billie" from his own phone in front of LE.

I'm still trumped on the memorabilia that BD printed out for SA, so they could go over it together. But I really believe that all of this was premeditated by SA. The memorabilia that SA asked BD to print from work and bring home, the trip to Sutter County to get cash...later BD saying that Hailey and herself having friends there. The Hailey always sleeps at her friends, when in fact she never slept there. The possibility that BD didn't even check on Hailey the night of the 26th. The possibility that SA hid the phone from Billie and Hailey that day. The "We should both be looked at" in the affidivit by SA to LE. I think that SA played BD. She was definitely part of his manipulative plan.

I'm just getting all these hinky feelings,the names,3 and going to bed at 10,very strange.Especially for those who study crime stories.

Leaving for work at 5:30am you would likely go to bed at 10 as a routine?
But yes, hinky feelings for sure for the rest

I think we have established that Billie does not exactly fit the description of a
"hands on" mom...she did not react as most of you say you would have (I don't have any kids) from the part about not checking on H Monday night, to how she talks about not wanting to be seen as a bad person by people who don't even know her, etc...

So I guess we have to think from the standpoint of a mom who is used to not knowing exactly where her daughter is at any given time, or what she might be doing, to try to understand Billie...

If she was/is more wrapped up in her love relationship this past year or two, as seems apparent, I am not suprised she didn't call MB's mom, or go to the house if she did not have the number. I think she treated Hailey as almost a peer, rather than a child. And Billie herself must have gotten pregnant at about 16, so maybe she considers 13 to be almost grown up...

Billie's 33...

I think cluciano63 is assuming Billie got pregnant at 16 because Hailey's brother is 16, which means she would have given birth to him at age 17.

bolded and snipped by me...

I am of the impression the brother is the only one to be believed of seeing H...

B has been caught in some lies...and I am not believing her account of H.

This is just my opinion...as it looks...as of now...

The brother has the phone number or the information on how to contact the friend.....why doesn't BD have it and why didn't she call??

bolded by me....I have a guess that the LE does not want to publicly verify the timeline due to others could give alibis that would match it.....IMO...

I agree tho...the timeline given by B and S are off....but I do believe the time of the brother...(of course...HIS statement..)

Sometimes its what LE doesnt say... is important... The only sure sighting is her brother at 9PM...

If anyone had talked to her on Monday...looks like it would have been reported by now...or NG find them...LOL

But the first thing Billie prolly did was ask her brother to look and see who Hailey called the minute he said she wasnt at MB.
Before she left work.. you know.... what if SA just got the name wrong ?
And I think Billie would clear SA if she could....

The fact that Billie doesnt know the when/who was the last call her daughter made is so puzzling to me...if they were looking at her phone....so why the confusion about the neighbor...

Unless whats been said ....there wasn't any calls on Monday...:banghead:

This brings up another red flag for me concerning BD. We now find out that HD had never ever spent the night at MB's before, yet when SA tells her that is where HD is, she never bothers to check it out. I could give her a pass if it was a routine thing and she knew things were okay. But if my kid left me a message that she was spending the night somewhere new, with people I didnt know, I would be on the phone or at their door to check things out.

Wow....I didn't realize this was the case either. I was under the impression that HD stayed at MB's often, which is why mom was so "comfortable" with her being over there. This becomes a HUGE red flag to me too! Seriously, you are just going to be completely ok with your child staying the night with someone new after you haven't talked to her or seen her since Sunday night and not bother to check up on her? Wouldn't you want to make sure that it was ok with the other parent? Wouldn't you want to go over and check out the house and/or the parents? Not to mention the fact she was walking there...might you want to double check that she got there ok?

Did this info come from the article with MB's mom? Does anyone have a link to that article...I haven't read it yet and now am very interested in reading it!

My son has a sleep-over planned at a friends house tomorrow. He's been to this friend's house several times to play. I've met his parents multiple times and have been in their house when dropping off/picking up my son several times. I've spoken to mom on the phone several times and I am still nervous about him sleeping over there!!! Yikes! I can't imagine just getting a message from someone that he went to stay the night w/someone I didn't know and I just let it fly!! Though, IF my son even ever tried something like that, whoever he told in my family, would have told him "No, call your mom and ask her first." My hinky meter is off the chart with this one. It doesn't make any sense to me. Especially when so many descriptions of Hailey state that she would not go long without communicating with her mother, etc...

im just going defer to teh

If there's hink....there must be stink

The brother has the phone number or the information on how to contact the friend.....why doesn't BD have it and why didn't she call??

good question....

I suspect...just my opinion...B KNEW that H NEVER went over to her friends for an overnight.....that day...or any other day....even tho that is what S told B...

she let the brother call....she did not want to get "involved"..

just like she is saying....she is "NOT SURE" H was in her bed when she peeked in on her....

I am just suspicious...of these acts....simply does not add up for me...
just my opinion...

Not sure if this is the exact video/transcript you are looking for, but here is what I think you wanted:

Starting at 1:35 talking about the sighting (or transcript posted below):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaWmdLnm7qA

GRACE: One more thing I`ve got to ask you. You have told me, and we have asked police, and they tell us they cannot confirm it, that a neighbor sees your daughter Hailey in your backyard around 12:00 noon, talking on the cell phone. That would be the Monday. The Monday she goes missing.

But police say they have tried to verify that, and they cannot. Are you positive? And what neighbor is it?

DUNN: He is actually living in a neighbor`s house. I think his name is Charles. The man that owns the house is Travis. But he told us that he seen Hailey in the backyard and he said he told police that also.

GRACE: OK, because we have asked police and they`re telling us they cannot verify it. And if that`s true, that means that nobody absolutely can positively say they saw Hailey since the night before at 10:00 when you saw her watching TV.

That changes the whole -- that`s a whole new ball game if we cannot spot her. Your son comes home, your 16-year-old comes home at 4:00 p.m. the next day, Monday. Hailey is not there. The boyfriend is there.

And your son says he beats on the door, he can`t get in, takes him five minutes. He has to get in the house, nobody will let him in the door, and he sees your boyfriend and your boyfriend he says has a deer-in-the- headlights look. This is at 4:00 p.m.

But Miss Dunn, I did not invite you on tonight just to rake you over the coals about these various inconsistencies about the New Year`s Eve party. I want to hear what you have to say tonight.

DUNN: Well, I wanted to come on to clear some of that up. I don`t want to be perceived as a bad person even by people who don`t know me. But the main reason I am here, I don`t want people to get away from the fact that the whole reason we are here and we are talking to media is because my 13-year-old daughter isn`t in my house. Somebody knows where she is.

TY! But this is not the one..It's a Q&A between NG & Billie regarding WHY she'd be outside talking on the phone.

I did notice this in the clip tho..Obviously at the time NG thought only SA was involved in the 'gory' stuff & not Billie..She was only into 'true crime' & she got that impression from Billie herself..We all know diff now cos there's evidence some of us have seen to contradict that..And it says a lot to me that Billie had the chance to correct her on this issue but did not.

Just had a thought after I read your comment.

SPECULATION (IMO) -- What if BD made that comment about looking into HDs bedroom in the morning, on her way to work, and just seeing someone or whatever on the bed, but not checking her, etc.-- What if she made that comment only because she wanted to be looked at as a good mother, but that she really did not look in at her?

It's like she says she looked it at her... but just a brief glimpse... and gee, she couldn't be sure... I have this gut feeling that she is not being truthful --that she did not look in on her, but is saying to cover her butt. (This is all speculation and my opinion.)

These cases are full of "what if's."
It's possible she lied, and it's possible she told the truth.
My advice is: Don't drive yourself crazy trying to figure out these little things that can't be proved one way or the other. If she did lie about it, well... people lie when they're backed into a corner.
Personally, I'm going with she told the truth. If she was going to lie, and was put on the spot without time to think, she probably would have said she knew Hailey was in the bed sleeping at that time. If you're going to get caught, it doesn't matter if you get caught telling half a lie or a whole one. KWIM?

Thanks. Which really means HD as DD was not home, correct? Did DD have a phone but HD did not?

Hailey was alone that Monday yes and Billie prolly expected her son to come home that day also.

Billie just states she leaves the phone at home when she is at work for the children... (no land line is my guess)

bolded and snipped by me...

I am of the impression the brother is the only one to be believed of seeing H...

B has been caught in some lies...and I am not believing her account of H.

This is just my opinion...as it looks...as of now...

Did the brother spend the night at a friend's on the night of the 26th? I think his plans and wherabouts are crucial missing pieces. I don't thinnk SA expected DDD to show up when he did. If DDD had planned to be out for say, 24 hrs., then after BD goes to work, HD's in that house ALONE all day. Only four people knew it. There's an opportunity there for someone evil...

BTW@BeanE- I think SA and BD drive a whole lot faster than you're factoring in IMO. KWIM?

SA deleted 3 phone calls to "Billie" from his own phone in front of LE.

THis is what confuses me. WHO had billie's phone at the time he was calling it?
Did she leave it for Hailey to use like she said?

I think they were very good friends so he would know her name. He probably knew they hung out together.

I'm wondering if he actually gave BD the friend's name. Maybe he just told BD she was staying with her friend and BD interpreted that to mean MB? KWIM???

Bingo - same uncle whose son enjoys making videos with SA!

Wondering if uncle or cousin go hunting with him....Were they there when he claimed to have cut up a deer with a chainsaw???

Thinking of poor little Zarah Baker!

Snipped by me:
"(When we foudn out MB and HD had never spent the night at each other's house and MB's mom had never seen BD until she saw her on NG.)"

This threw up a huge red flag for me. They had NEVER spent the night together. The moms had NEVER even met. Makes me wonder, if SA just couldn't remember any of her other friends' names, so he utilized a name he knew.

This may have already been corrected but if not the part I bolded is not accurate..MB did spend the night at Hailey's house IIRC more then once..When MB's mom found out they had gone "walking the streets" late at night it was the last time she allowed it..That was reported by MB's mom in a media interview.

While working on the timeline today, I was going back and reading the NG transcripts for everything that Billie said, and everything Clint said.

Now that we have more info, there are quite a number of striking inconsistencies in what Billie has said - more than had previously stood out to me.

I highly recommend going back and re-reading the earlier NG transcripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23