Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amazed still that this couple has never been identified. There has been some conjecture that perhaps Jock/Jacques is of French Canadian background and was perhaps a teacher. It may be that they are from Acadia, as in the martimes such as New Brunswick or PEI rather than the province of Quebec. I have tried to do a bit of search for missing persons in these areas but not having much success in bringing up any kind of data base. Shall keep trying.

kaas,

Thanks for your thoughts on this, it is very interesting! There is going to be more media coverage of this case in Canada. It is being written about again in a major publication's August issue, so perhaps that will reach a larger audience as well.

They do have a resemblance. Where did the other pics come from?

The National Post of Canada did an article in April and those photos were in that piece. Unfortunately, the article itself can't be accessed anymore, although the link is on the third page of this thread, post #68. You can still read the article though, phenolred copied it just above in post #108.

Harvin Bullock won the Democratic primary Tuesday, unseating Verna Moore to become Sumter County coroner. Bullock, a Sumter County businessman, won the election by an unofficial tally of 3,217 votes, or 52.16 percent, to 2,950 votes, or 47.84 percent. The vote will be confirmed on Thursday.

http://www.theitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080611/ITNEWS01/263906831/0/LIFE

Ah thats sad thanks for sharing this. Im sure we all wish her the best, she sure was dedicated to these two unidentifieds.

That is sad hopefully the new person will give this case some attention also. I can't believe the DNA tests are still not back. What ever happened with that?? I hate to say it but I really think the guy that had the gun knew something or was involved with their deaths. I wonder if any of his family members are still around the area. Maybe they know something?

I just saw this on doenetwork. There isn't much info on this missing person. I think his nose is identical to the photo of john doe with his eyes closed. What do you all think?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3818dmca.html

I see a resemblance too..the only thing I question is the age. The Sumter JD was thought to have been in his mid to late 20s..I think he looks like about that age too in the crime scene photos. Richard Boldon would have been 44 years old in 1976. Otherwise, I do see a resemblance.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone :)

Yeah, the john doe does look quite a bit younger. Hmm.

has anyone looked at james norris II his story sounds the same he looks alot like john doe and he was going to florida to purchase drugs

on the same note has anyone looked at alice vanalstine missing since april 2 1976 from Iowa theres very little information on the circumstances of her disappearance

It appears South Carolina Jock & Jane Doe were profiled on a Canadian TV Show on June 13 2008 I just watched the show and I am just thrilled. I truely hope someone from Canada recoginzes them and this can be solved wouldn't that just be great.

This show seems to be a kind of Americans Most Wanted for the Toronto and surrounding Ontario area.

It is callled GTA's Most Wanted, and it seems the Police there now how these two listed on THEIR cases of missing and unidentifieds isnt that GREAT!!!!!

Here is a link to the show it is the beginning thru about 9 min 30 seconds

http://www.rogerstv.com/get.asp?lid=121&rid=51&sid=2520&mid=8&arid=51&sor=2&oth=1&gid=28086

Here is a link to the Ontario Police site listing these tooooo WOOOO HOOO

http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/UnidentifiedRemains/uclist/index.htm

Wow, that's great...thanks for the link. Finally, they are getting some more exposure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks