TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
For reference purposes:

UPDATED APRIL 18 TIMELINE

3:50 a.m. - Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ

4:16 a.m. - Missy's pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot

4:20 a.m. - Missy appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building

4:35 a.m. - Participant in Camp Gladiator fitness class arrives at the church

5:00 a.m. - Two 911 calls received from church

5:01 a.m. - Fire department dispatched

5:03 a.m. - Initial patrol officers dispatched

5:07 a.m. - Fire department arrives to the church

5:10 a.m. Officers arrive at the church

http://www.fox4news.com/news/129779738-story

For reference purposes:

3:50 a.m. - Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ

4:16 a.m. - Missy's pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot

4:20 a.m. - Missy appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building

Thank you! [emoji115][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone

From Glammie link https://www.dallascounty.org/department/da/intake_grandjury.php
BBM:

Because it is the duty of all prosecutors in the state of Texas not to convict, but to see that justice is done, cases are examined to determine if the facts merit proceeding toward being filed in the district or county criminal courts. Once misdemeanor offenses are accepted, intake attorneys draft pleadings, and the cases are then filed with the County Clerk’s Office. Once felony offenses are accepted by the DA’s Office, indictments are drafted by an intake attorney and the cases are presented to one of four Dallas County Grand Juries. If the Grand Jury determines (by a vote of nine members) that there is probable cause, then an indictment will be returned. If a Grand Jury votes to true bill a case, the Grand Jury Foreman’s signature is obtained and the indicted cases are filed with the District Clerk.

Don't want to sound terse, but Dallas County takes care of Dallas County crimes. This cut and past sure sounds like explanation of state law.
We really just need somebody (and their sidekick, if appropriate) arrested and let whatever jurisdictions sort it out. Sounds like SteveS is knowledgeable, so I'm just going with his explanation of the system.

Just trying to catch up on anything I might have missed over the past couple of days. Can someone please give me a link to where it says LE is going to someone's CG classes? Sorry, I don't have time to read every single post today and this interests me a ton.

TIA!

Also, I was all over Missy's FB within an hour or 2 of her murder being publicized. I took screen shots of everything and there was not a post anywhere of her stopping at a fire station. I will check again, but I never saw it. That info/rumor came from one of the locals here. (Sorry, can't remember the name!) :blushing:

Not sure why the fire station thingy matters so much anyway. Just trying to clear up some things.

Thank you JLSChook. I also scoured Missy's facebook the first couple of days and didn't see a fire department post. I was so worried my sleuthing skills were slipping and I'd have to return my Websleuths coffee mug. :blushing:

For reference purposes:

Do we know where the camera was that caught Missy entering the parking lot at 4:16? I am beginning to think thst some external cameras were working.

This morning, I was sitting in my car in the driveway after returning from the store. I was looking at my phone, catching up on WS and my email, when the mailman tapped on my window to get a signature on a package. Nearly jumped out of my skin. I live in the country, with no neighbors, and my house has a looong driveway. I was so absorbed on my phone that I didn't even notice he was there!

It reminded me so much of our early camper. Sitting in a car alone, absorbed on his/her phone, and not expecting anything was going on around them. The SP had plenty of time to kill MB, try to clean up, and escape completely unnoticed by C1.

This morning, I was sitting in my car in the driveway after returning from the store. I was looking at my phone, catching up on WS and my email, when the mailman tapped on my window to get a signature on a package. Nearly jumped out of my skin. I live in the country, with no neighbors, and my house has a looong driveway. I was so absorbed on my phone that I didn't even notice he was there!

It reminded me so much of our early camper. Sitting in a car alone, absorbed on his/her phone, and not expecting anything was going on around them. The SP had plenty of time to kill MB, try to clean up, and escape completely unnoticed by C1.

I agree. I believe the suspect most likley made it out before C1 arrived, but you make a good point. If he/she didnt't, they may have easily slipped past pre occpied camper.

This is from 2002. With all due respect, I'm not following what this has to do with Missy Bevers.

I am so sorry! I was tired and posted this on the wrong group. I'm following two cases on here. I just now realized my error.

I agree 100% with this statement. Obviously we don't know when SP left in regards to when C1 arrived but I do believe it is possible for SP to sneak out the side or back (maybe even drive out the front lot-long shot) and C1 not notice b/c they were engrossed on their phone. I had a similar experience last weekend (without the scary mailman trying to give me a heart attack-lol) in a dark, public parking lot while my husband ran in to get our to go order. When we left I realized I had been looking down at my phone the entire time and had no clue who came or went in the parking lot or even any idea what the cars around me looked like.

IMO

I agree. I believe the suspect most likley made it out before C1 arrived, but you make a good point. If he/she didnt't, they may have easily slipped past pre occpied camper.

Agreeing with you both and just adding what a tight window the SP would then be working under. I doubt SP expected a CG to arrive so early.

Do we know where the camera was that caught Missy entering the parking lot at 4:16? I am beginning to think thst some external cameras were working.

Yes, I was wondering about the 4:35 timestamp for C1 as well. Is that time confirmed on video or is that just when C1 told LE they got there?

The comment about outdoor cameras working "Intermittently" seems key. I think they do possibly have some outdoor footage. This is another reason I would think the killer (assuming it was a camper) wouldn't want to take off their elaborate disguise all just to be seen walking out of the church towards their car, before camp started and potentially caught on camera. Because of their disguise I think they knew there were cameras there and the word intermittent in reference to the outdoor cameras makes me think the killer couldn't depend on the fact those weren't working. This leads me to believe they never removed their gear. Now (thinking while I type here), I guess that still gives time for it to be a camper. Kill her at ~4:21-4:22. Leave in costume. Back in car by 4:25. Go somewhere close by to disrobe and hide everything you took off. Drive back up to camp by 5am and pretend to be shocked.

I still personally don't think it was anyone of the campers but I guess with my timeline above I just convinced myself again that it "could" have been. LOL.

What if perp figured out who C1 was and was afraid they saw something that could name the perp. Maybe C1 is getting threats and thus LE presence at CG.

Yes, I was wondering about the 4:35 timestamp for C1 as well. Is that time confirmed on video or is that just when C1 told LE they got there?

The comment about outdoor cameras working "Intermittently" seems key. I think they do possibly have some outdoor footage. This is another reason I would think the killer (assuming it was a camper) wouldn't want to take off their elaborate disguise all just to be seen walking out of the church towards their car, before camp started and potentially caught on camera. Because of their disguise I think they knew there were cameras there and the word intermittent in reference to the outdoor cameras makes me think the killer couldn't depend on the fact those weren't working. This leads me to believe they never removed their gear. Now (thinking while I type here), I guess that still gives time for it to be a camper. Kill her at ~4:21-4:22. Leave in costume. Back in car by 4:25. Go somewhere close by to disrobe and hide everything you took off. Drive back up to camp by 5am and pretend to be shocked.

I still personally don't think it was anyone of the campers but I guess with my timeline above I just convinced myself again that it "could" have been. LOL.

And maybe intermittently means those cameras were on a timer........motion activated on a timer.......just occurred to me as I was reading your post. I remember in response to a question, LE official saying the church was aware they were working intermittently.

Hey gang,

New thread coming up. This one will close in 10 mins.

I see your point but I thought of it a bit differently. Rather than SP leave the area or building to clean up, why not go back to the kitchen where SP
left a gym bag. Remove all outer wear and gear and take it out to the trunk of the parked car there no one noticed and wait a bit out of sight...its
still dark out there remember..wait for campers to find Missy & call LE. LE shows up and while all attention is on Missy, SP walks back in w/o gym
bag ...don't need it cause "whats going on?"...as if he/she just showed up.

Just another theory. ALL speculation..

When you look at the front of the church from Hwy 287 you can see the main entrance and the canopy entrance face the street. I didn't realize it sloped down in the back (you can't tell from the street.)
attachment.php

When you look at the church from the back you can see it has a "basement level." Not sure if it would be classified as a two story.
attachment.php

When you look at an aerial view you can see the whole layout. It would be quite possible (IMO) for SP to have hidden a vehicle around back, out of sight from anyone pulling in.
attachment.php
attachment.php
(2nd photo was done by someone here I believe)

MB comes in parking lot at 4:16-ish and drives to the R to park under the canopy. At 4:20 MB enters the building through the main door and walks towards canopy doors to unlock it (I'm thinking the tiled floor would be the "main hall".) MB is ambushed, glass table(s) broken due to a struggle. MB killed, and SP goes out the same way S/he came in to a waiting car, strips down and puts "gear" in plastic garbage bags.
attachment.php

SP either drives off - or is driven off.

1st C arrives at 4:35, parks near MB's truck and waits for another CG because of the "rule" they have to be paired up to enter a building. ALL speculation on my end.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 11.58.03 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 11.58.03 AM.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,630
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 1.07.02 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 1.07.02 AM.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,628
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 6.51.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 6.51.53 PM.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 1,643
  • MB slider1.jpg
    MB slider1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 2,770
  • Missy Bevers Creekside parking lot street lights (1).jpg
    Missy Bevers Creekside parking lot street lights (1).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,648

During the press conference it was said, the outside camera(s) were not working at all that morning. They were working intermittingly during the days prior to that morning and the church had been aware of the problem.

-Nin

Thank you JLSChook. I also scoured Missy's facebook the first couple of days and didn't see a fire department post. I was so worried my sleuthing skills were slipping and I'd have to return my Websleuths coffee mug. :blushing:

LOL spat my tea out!

I agree 100% with this statement. Obviously we don't know when SP left in regards to when C1 arrived but I do believe it is possible for SP to sneak out the side or back (maybe even drive out the front lot-long shot) and C1 not notice b/c they were engrossed on their phone. I had a similar experience last weekend (without the scary mailman trying to give me a heart attack-lol) in a dark, public parking lot while my husband ran in to get our to go order. When we left I realized I had been looking down at my phone the entire time and had no clue who came or went in the parking lot or even any idea what the cars around me looked like.

IMO

I can imagine this scenario, as well. Although I can't understand why C1 would arrive so early, unless it was their first time there and they wanted to allow for plenty of time to find their way, had something to do prior to CG so allowing themselves more time, couldn't sleep...I guess whatever the reason, they could very well have been killing time on their phone, etc. therefore distracting them from any comings and goings. JMO

Just a side note: [insert public safety announcement here] I always try to be very conscious of my surroundings, but in this day and age of distracting cell phones/gadgets, I too have found myself getting engrossed on my phone, sitting in a parking lot, etc. and then realized it might not be the smartest thing in the world to be doing, depending on that particular location. [thought for safety] Which is a good reason to always remember to lock your car as soon as I get into it, whether parked or just idling.

I may be incorrect, please correct me if I am. I don't work in the criminal law field and thus have limited knowledge on same. I believe if federal charges were filed if this had anything to do with a stolen gun or a hit from a LE officer or someone working for the government would that still apply? It's my understanding it would then fall under the federal GJ. Sent from my iPhone

If you're asking if there is any possible way that the feds could get involved here, and file charges for something or other, and grab the murder charge too, perhaps, but it doesn't seem likely at this point. We're seeing a case being driven by local LE investigation (iow being treated as a state crime). It's certainly possible there's another crime besides murder, as well as a desire by the feds to link the two together and assume the prosecutorial work and cost on this murder case, but the odds strongly favor it being handled locally. Hopefully they'll find the perp, so there's a case for someone to prosecute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches