Cindy Anthony Says Someone Hacked Her Email Account *REVISITED*

Maybe Cindy was forwarding some of her emails to someone else and accidentally pulled the wrong name out of her address book and hit send before she realized what she did. Once gone, she either did not know how to get them back (if she was using Outlook) or it was too late to get them back.

The hack was cover for her accidentally sending them to the wrong person. She realized that she sent them to KB at the news station and had a really big "Uh Oh" moment and had to try to cover it up and keep them from being released.

Beware the IP tracker sites when trying to use IP address to figure out where the emails were sent from. i have traced my own IP out of curiosity and it gives the town about 15 miles away from me. So it depends on how close Altamonte Springs (where the IP traces too) and Ocala (where Ca says she thought they came from) are as to whehter or not she could be right.
Provided of course, that she didn't send them herself or have Lee send them.

Maybe Cindy was forwarding some of her emails to someone else and accidentally pulled the wrong name out of her address book and hit send before she realized what she did. Once gone, she either did not know how to get them back (if she was using Outlook) or it was too late to get them back.

The hack was cover for her accidentally sending them to the wrong person. She realized that she sent them to KB at the news station and had a really big "Uh Oh" moment and had to try to cover it up and keep them from being released.

Since I haven't seen the emails, this is exactly what I have been thinking about this.

I think the most telling part of this hack story is I haven't heard CA saying "I didn't write those emails!!!" -- she's just saying she was hacked. Unless I missed something.

You'd think the first thing someone would say under these circumstances is "I didn't write them!!!" and then mention being hacked, not the other way around.

Anyway, I might be wrong, but from CA's past behavioral tics I feel she would've strongly come out with not writing them right off the bat.

Good logic and I believe a sound conclusion. I believe it very probable someone hacked her emails. Where and what was sent doesn't fit her mode of operation.

thank you for answering but I will stick to the medical field, much easier to understand.

Did you listen to the LE tpaes of them interviewing casey {right before she was arrested the first time}.

I was kind of shocked at how poor the interviewers were, or maybe I was just monday morning quaterbacking. Is that a typical LE interview? I mean in your experience..is that considered a normal interiew or was it below par?

Knowing what a tough nut KC is to crack, I'd say they were quite effective at getting her to admit to lying to them, and admitting that her lying was not helpful in finding her child.

Beware the IP tracker sites when trying to use IP address to figure out where the emails were sent from. i have traced my own IP out of curiosity and it gives the town about 15 miles away from me. So it depends on how close Altamonte Springs (where the IP traces too) and Ocala (where Ca says she thought they came from) are as to whehter or not she could be right.

If the IP traced back to embarg in orlando, then how did Cindy decide that the hack attack came from Ocala?

She couldn't have had time to have it traced even if it could be traced.

Would Yahoo be able to see what IP accessed her email account? I would think that they track stuff like that just for this reason.

~ snipped ~

Hmmmm..... now why would she do that? Who is Cindy trying to protect here, and just who is Caylee's father? Could Casey's allegations of sexual abuse be true???

:confused: when did casey allege sexual abuse? i completely missed that....

Good logic and I believe a sound conclusion. I believe it very probable someone hacked her emails. Where and what was sent doesn't fit her mode of operation.

Guess the answer is simple. If CA files a complaint then she was hacked. If she doesn't then she sent them by accident. I'm leaning toward accident myself because she would've mouthed off: I'm reporting this!!! And I don't recall her saying that.

CA calling her PI, so sure it was "protestors* hacking her email doesn't count. She called LE when they were on her lawn so she clearly knows how to complain to the proper authorities. Why not call when she suspects same protesters hacking? Why? Because IMO she knows not to cross the line into fraudulent complaint.

Of course she might have made a formal complaint that we don't know about but she always mouths off and I don't see her keeping it quiet. "I called the authorities and that sob is in big trouble, blah, blah, blah".

Several make a good point that CA has not denied writing the emails but we may be reading more into it than it actually is. First - it is pretty well established that CA does not chose her words wisely. Second - "everyone is out to get them" so it is probable they would assume that someone hacked her account because she was locked out and emails showed up as being written by her. In her mind - saying that someone hacked her account is the equivalent of saying that someone fabricated the emails as well.

I think someone attempted to hack into CA's email and when the password was entered incorrectly after several attempts her account was locked which is an automatic security feature on Gmail or Yahoo accounts. I think it is possible that either the person that attempted to get into her email or someone else created the emails to forward to the reporter much like KC did with her "work" emails.

JMO.....

Several make a good point that CA has not denied writing the emails but we may be reading more into it than it actually is. First - it is pretty well established that CA does not chose her words wisely. Second - "everyone is out to get them" so it is probable they would assume that someone hacked her account because she was locked out and emails showed up as being written by her. In her mind - saying that someone hacked her account is the equivalent of saying that someone fabricated the emails as well.

I think someone attempted to hack into CA's email and when the password was entered incorrectly after several attempts her account was locked which is an automatic security feature on Gmail or Yahoo accounts. I think it is possible that either the person that attempted to get into her email or someone else created the emails to forward to the reporter much like KC did with her "work" emails.

JMO.....

I just think if something came out that you didn't write your first response would be... whoa! I didn't write that, no way -- wow, could my email account have been hacked? It's just a normal response.

I realize we're dealing with abnormal so who knows...

If the IP traced back to embarg in orlando, then how did Cindy decide that the hack attack came from Ocala?

She couldn't have had time to have it traced even if it could be traced.

Would Yahoo be able to see what IP accessed her email account? I would think that they track stuff like that just for this reason.

She said Yahoo TOLD her that is was from Ocala..........which to me makes the entire story less credible. Yahoo will tell you nothing like that. Not to mention if you have a problem, you have to handle it by fax only. They will not take email requests or phone calls and there is a lot which is required to prove your own identity, so she would not have had the time to have done all that and heard the results yet. It takes weeks and sometimes longer.

These links may be helpful for anyone interested in more info about computer crimes.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq.htm
http://www.secretservice.gov/criminal.shtml

O/T I am learning the hard way. I found an unauthorized on-line charge on my bank statement this morning. Someone used my bank debit card number and signed up for some type of service on a extremely graphic *advertiser censored* web-site.
:eek: eeewwwww!!!!

So far, I have spoken with my bank---->local LE------>FBI and have been referred to the local U.S. Secret Service office.

Each day in this case is crazier than the day before..one can only imagine what the next scenario will be:bang:
you just can't make this stuff up.

These links may be helpful for anyone interested in more info about computer crimes.

O/T I am learning the hard way. I found an unauthorized on-line charge on my bank statement this morning. Someone used my bank debit card number and signed up for some type of service on a extremely graphic *advertiser censored* web-site.

So far, I have spoken with my bank---->local LE------>FBI and have been referred to the local U.S. Secret Service office.

Someone used my credit card and sent Christmas packages to their relatives all over the country last year. LOL - I did not report it except to the CC company and checked out to whom they were all sent. I talked to each one of them and tracked down the person who sent them. I did not have the heart to tell them they used my credit card to do it. Mine was not hacked but evidently a waiter or waitress at a restaurant we had frequented. I guess they got by with it, but everyone of the ones who received them were elderly and I just figured what the heck.

My neighbor had EVERYONE (FBI,Police,etc.) investigating theirs when there were a lot of online charges and it turned out their son had used it.

i personally think shes an idiot for even still touching her computer none the less an email. *advertiser censored***n dumb!

Someone used my credit card and sent Christmas packages to their relatives all over the country last year. LOL - I did not report it except to the CC company and checked out to whom they were all sent. I talked to each one of them and tracked down the person who sent them. I did not have the heart to tell them they used my credit card to do it. Mine was not hacked but evidently a waiter or waitress at a restaurant we had frequented. I guess they got by with it, but everyone of the ones who received them were elderly and I just figured what the heck.

My neighbor had EVERYONE (FBI,Police,etc.) investigating theirs when there were a lot of online charges and it turned out their son had used it.

Turbo--what a bummer. I am probably being overly cautious. It's just that I hd signed up with another web-site that was hacked and I had heard that some other users had puter problems.
I am trying to make sure this is random and not because someone "captured" my card info through hacking.

So are you thinking the As or the squirrels are to blame?:crazy: Seriously, sorry about your luck.:mad:

Same thing happened to one of my husbands CC's. We went to a restaurant where they take your card to the back and run it. A week later someone put over 500.00 in charges on it at Neiman Marcus. Since there isn't one in this area and I never shop there online (who can afford it:eek:) we alerted our cc company and then went to LE. They were able to trace it down evidentually. We have not gone back to the restaurant and now we use cash when we go to eat out.

I believe CA is using poor judgement in a lot of the stunts she pulls. Sooner or later it's gonna bite her in the rear end.

From what I read the FBI and YM are questioning "people". I stand by my statement last evening that I smell 2 rats:rolleyes:

Ocala is about 90 miles north-west of Altamonte Springs
May take 1 to 1.5 hour drive.

Well.....what mind boggling crap will spew out of this case today?? It beats anything I've ever seen or followed

OMG, SailorMoon! This should be the new title of our Daily Updates Thread!!.....

"What mind boggling crap will spew out of this case today??" (Insert Date)
:toast: :clap::clap::clap:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime