IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI... Unless the info is wrong there's the 4:15AM phone call that JR claims was LS using his phone. So that would tend to muddy the chances of him being wrong about her leaving his place at 4:30AM (since the time of the call would be easily verifiable). Assuming he's telling the truth about that morning, and assuming the info is correct and that call was verified as 4:15AM, then there's not much chance he could be wrong about the time she left his place (at least not in the chance it was prior to 4:15AM (the time of that phone call)... obviously whether it was 10 mins later or an 1hr later would be subject to memory).

Jacobite, thanks for sharing. I appreciate your post, especially the part about the "ambush" as you so aptly call it. And of course this makes me think once again about the second tier players: ZO, AB, is there another whose initial I'm omitting?

You may be thinking of DB, the person from Michigan who knows JR and tweeted from the Runcible Spoon.

You may be thinking of DB, the person from Michigan who knows JR and tweeted from the Runcible Spoon.

No, the other one is BB. I thought of it just now. They were all at the Indy 500 and partied hard, got into fights, they are roommates.

BB by the way worked construction last summer. Have always wondered if it was him the white truck was picking up. Can't imagine that he could party late and get up at 4 a.m.

Just because he was supposedly able to help her doesn't mean he himself wasn't intoxicated. Considering we are talking about someone with prior arrest for illegal intoxication, and who was out at the bar, it'd be pretty surprising if he was sober, not the other way around.
Well I never said the tape showed that he was sober.What I did say was unlike LS the tapes shows no obvious signs of him being intoxicated.

What tapes? Where do you see video of LS and CR?

Nobody saw any videos, they haven't been released to the public. There was an anonymous source describing what supposedly was on the video.
Which is why I fail to see how one can make any conclusions as to how sober CR appeared.

Interesting that chatter on here and elsewhere is picking up a bit. Wonder if we are about to experience some movement in this case.

Not sure what the protocol is for linking external sources, but here's some speculation on
another board from December:

http://bit.ly/xr1HsE

if that's no kosher by the mods, I apologize. Delete if needed.

No, the other one is BB. I thought of it just now. They were all at the Indy 500 and partied hard, got into fights, they are roommates.

BB by the way worked construction last summer. Have always wondered if it was him the white truck was picking up. Can't imagine that he could party late and get up at 4 a.m.

Based on his Facebook page, BB transferred to another university. It is not unusual for a college student to have an unconventional daily schedule, such as party, work/school, sleep - eight hours each, in that order.

Interesting that chatter on here and elsewhere is picking up a bit. Wonder if we are about to experience some movement in this case.

Not sure what the protocol is for linking external sources, but here's some speculation on

I can't imagine what her parents have been experiencing. It is bad enough to have your child disappear. It is bad enough to find out that your child may not be as innocent as your child has led you to believe. Both together may be too much to bear. They at least have had to accept that Lauren was drinking underage. And she may have still been in the Monroe County pre-trial diversion program, and drinking may have been a probation violation.

There's one more aspect that I find puzzling:

Where could she have been going without her purse, keys, or cell phone?

Could she have started to retrace her steps looking for her keys, but never gotten as far as the alley camera?

Were her roommates tolerant about letting her in if she buzzed them from the lobby during the wee hours of the morning?

And regarding the theory that too much time had elapsed for anything to be found in the landfill, there's been a recent report that some of Andrew Compton's remains might have been found in the same landfill that was searched months ago. It is not clear whether the remains were found recently or were found during the original search.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/new-possible-evidence-in-andrew-compton-murder-case

I haven't visited that site for many months. Have to admit that once I got past a few vile posts, something rings true for me about the parents, and as a result I am more open to comments here about their behavior and statements.

As an aside, that someone can post such vulgarness about a missing and possibly dead young woman is chilling.

Also, I agree about the chatter and have wondered the same thing. But this recent wave seems to have been triggered when the Spierer's released the statement about CR. A few related events coincided, one of which was the book release.

IU Bloomington released the statement below, which I happen to agree with. But I don't dare post my opinion on the FB page else I suffer the wrath of those gals who run the LS Case Discussion page. IMO they have become a liability and if I were the Spierer's I would have a talk with them.

Official statement regarding Lauren Spierer web presence:

"Indiana University Bloomington has not permanently removed the "button" on its home page that directs viewers to resources and information regarding the disappearance of IU student Lauren Spierer. However, after eight months of displaying such information on the campus home page, http://www.iub.edu/, the decision was made to rotate the "find Lauren" button with other information on the web site.

Jacobite, thanks for sharing. I appreciate your post, especially the part about the "ambush" as you so aptly call it. And of course this makes me think once again about the second tier players: ZO, AB, is there another whose initial I'm omitting?

I do have some questions about the rest of the account and hope you will clarify.

Are you referring to Tenth and College Apts or Tenth and College Village? A person could only see the direction of someone leaving from 5 North if they were at the NE corner of the Village and there is a camera at that location; in fact, that is where Lauren and CR were last seen.

I'm curious as to why you mentioned that although Lauren was stumbling she could still use a cellphone? The last call she made was at 12:15 a.m.

The second post about them being watched and her stuff not being where it should have makes a lot of sense. It's quite refreshing to read something that makes sense. And I'm pretty sure Keylime has speculated this many times.

Lastly, would you mind sharing what has led you to post this evening, after all this time? Thanks again.

Wow, I've missed a lot of posts and new info all of a sudden! Yes, I've wondered before if someone could have messed with LS' stuff. That would change a lot about how people view her behavior that night ... and it could be a red flag of sorts, too. I always wonder why she went back to SW ... to get $$$ for drugs, to call it a night, to hang with CR in her own space? If her shoes were missing, she might have even gone to get a new pair.

Why someone would move/take her stuff is another question. Sometimes girls can be mean ... maybe a girl was there who had a thing for CR and didn't like that LS was with him. Or maybe someone was trying to set LS for something more nefarious, to ensure she didn't have a phone to call for help with or shoes to help her run.

I've also wondered lately if perhaps LS did indeed leave JR's as he says but turned back after he went inside. She might have gotten spooked, realizing that she didn't have her cell, etc. Or maybe she changed her mind about crashing at JR's, since she didn't have her keys. In other words, maybe she was intercepted by someone by/at 5 North vs. en route to SW. Just a thought ...

I don't know that I believe that anyone "messed" with her stuff. While she left her cell phone and shoes in the bar, she lost her purse in the alley. Presumably no one was messing with her stuff there.

I wonder if LE checked the shoes and cell phone for fingerprints. LS had been arrested once. Her fingerprints should have been on file. They could have checked the fingerprints of the Kilroy's employees. Anyone else's fingerprints on the shoes (if they held prints) would be suspect. Of course she could have lent her phone to someone.

I can't imagine what her parents have been experiencing. It is bad enough to have your child disappear. It is bad enough to find out that your child may not be as innocent as your child has led you to believe. Both together may be too much to bear. They at least have had to accept that Lauren was drinking underage. And she may have still been in the Monroe County pre-trial diversion program, and drinking may have been a probation violation.

I can't imagine their pain. It hurts me to, actually. I've had one or two occasions when I couldn't locate my teens, usually because of cell phone failures, and even that was horrible. I now try to have a backup plan in order to reach them ...

As for drinking underage ... IMO, her parents knew she partied. She was close to her mom, and it sounds like they shared a lot. There was that previous violation ... plus, a lot of kids I know think it's ok to drink at 19 or 20 ... over 18 seems to be the magic number, even for kids who didn't party in HS. I'm not saying I agree with that, but it's what they think and do. It's the drugs I question, mainly because she'd lived with Long QT for awhile. There are lots of drugs available at the HS level, and if she didn't partake then, they wouldn't expect her to in college, IMO. JMO.

I haven't visited that site for many months. Have to admit that once I got past a few vile posts, something rings true for me about the parents, and as a result I am more open to comments here about their behavior and statements.

As an aside, that someone can post such vulgarness about a missing and possibly dead young woman is chilling.

Also, I agree about the chatter and have wondered the same thing. But this recent wave seems to have been triggered when the Spierer's released the statement about CR. A few related events coincided, one of which was the book release.

I also find the vile posts offensive and incredibly insensitive. That the same person keeps posting the same nasty comments while claiming that he knows none of the parties involved is VERY strange.

AND, a very reliable source told me Lauren and CR felt they were being watched at Sports and Lauren's stuff was not where she put it.

This is why CR's silence infuriates me. If that's true, it would be really nice if CR collaborated this story ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth