17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke my earphones during the live feed. :banghead:

I had to buy a whole new chair after the CA trial (I rocked it to death and the arms fell off... I blame JBP for that habit!). Thankfully it's just earphones this time... at least for now.

I was just thinking that maybe they went with second degree murder in hopes Zimmerman pleas to a lesser charge of aggravated manslaughter. which still carries a very high penalty but it could be reduced with a plea. Just a thought.

It would be kind of risky if they don't have the evidence for it and if he isn't the type to plea.

I think GZ chased Trayvon with a preconceived notion that he was "trouble" (obvious from what he said to the 911 operator-saying TM was up to 'no good' and "these *advertiser censored**holes are never caught"), his anger fueling tenfold over the entire chase, he was fed up to HERE, and took matters into his own hands.

In my very strong opinion, GZ is one of those cop wannabe's that thought policing was full of thrills, attention, hype and adrenalin--and he simply got caught up in the moment of chasing a 'bad guy' (in his warped and deluded thinking), and by golly he was going to set this one straight!

He wanted to be a hero (another cop wannabe trait) and catch one of the *advertiser censored**holes that were never caught--to somehow make himself feel more superior and "cop-like".

Don't forget that during his tenure as a self appointed 911 agent, he had never had his 'big break' and therefore hadn't yet reached hero status.

You know the type....I know you do.

I don't know about that @Donjeta re: this possibly being "double jeopardy."

My understanding of double jeopardy is that you have to have had a first, official trial. GZ hasn't been before a jury yet re: TM's death. The cops just questioned him, made no arrest, and released him, as far as I can tell after a few hours.

So double jeopardy wouldn't apply. A full trial is warranted.

Trayvon Martin classmates react to news of Zimmerman charges
The death of Trayvon Martin resonated with students across South Florida including at the school Trayvon most recently attended, Michael Krop Senior High in Northeast Miami-Dade.

Martin, 17, was a junior at Krop Senior High when he was shot and killed on Feb. 26th in Sanford.
More... Video included...
southridge-tm-trayvon-martin1.jpg

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/11/trayvon-martin-classmates-react-to-news-of-zimmerman-charges/

Where'd u guys go? I lost you for awhile.. got worried :crazy:

I don't know about that @Donjeta re: this possibly being "double jeopardy."

My understanding of double jeopardy is that you have to have had a first, official trial. GZ hasn't been before a jury yet re: TM's death. The cops just questioned him, made no arrest, and released him, as far as I can tell after a few hours.

So double jeopardy wouldn't apply. A full trial is warranted.

The issue wasn't really if it would be a double jeopardy because the cops let him go but if it would be double jeopardy if they had several different charges in the trial (2nd degree, manslaughter etc.)

Sorry if it was unclear.

George Zimmerman could go for a bench trial. A defendant can choose to have a bench trial instead of a jury trial. However, they are rarely granted.

He will go before a judge who will decide whether Zimmerman is exempt from prosecution because of SYG.

I'm listening to "Hardball with Chris Matthews," and they're bringing up good points re: Can the Stand Your Ground law really be 'on trial' when this case goes to trial?

Chris says "no," the law is the law at the time of Zimmerman's issue.
I disagree and think Angela Corey is prepared to tear that law up...

Specifically, AC may show the law is poorly written, has too many holes in it, so lends itself as an excuse for unlawful killings.

Other than that, I feel that when GZ was asked by 911 if he was following TM and answered, "yes," he gave up his right to claim Stand Your Ground.

At the same time GZ seemed to be lying, adding calmly something like, "This guy wants to see me." This strongly suggests that he had in mind using the Stand Your Ground law right there! That's premeditation!

It's impossible to "follow" someone who's "coming" to see you.

Further, GZ was told by 911 to stop following TM; "We don't need you to do that."

It should matter little what happened after that. GZ defied what the LE rep (911) ordered him to do. To me, his actions fall somewhere between premeditation and negligence.

TM's girlfriend's testimony from hearing what went down by phone is the icing on the cake. What TM conveyed about being "followed" says that he was unnerved by someone creeping up on him.

Trayvon was "standing his ground" if he decked the creepo who was mysteriously stalking and confronting him. TM had more of a right to hit GZ under this law than GZ had to skulk after Trayvon and shoot him.

PS---I wish FT would put a cork in it!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm watching Nancy Grace. This Frank fella is complaining that the special prosecutor was smug and smirking bringing down the indictment. IMO, what a perfect bud for GZ- so much paranoia. Seeing things that aren't there. It's like watching an extension of GZ.

I have felt all along that GZ was setting up his cover story with police in that call. I don't know that he planned to kill Trayvon, necessarily, but that he was setting up a scenario so that he *could* kill Trayvon and not worry about being prosecuted.

The comments about him being up to no good, looks like he's on drugs, walking funny, hand in his waistband, coming toward me, something in his hand. All of that seemed to me to be trying to give reasons why he would feel threatened (even though during this call he was apparently still in his truck).

Like I have mentioned more than once in these threads, I have heard this kind of talk before, in discussions by hard-core defensive gun owners (meaning people who hold strong beliefs about their rights to use guns to stop potential threats--before they start, if possible). They think ahead of time about how to talk to police to create the impression that they had to shoot to kill because their lives were in danger.

In my opinion, if GZ actually believed those things he said and actually perceived Trayvon as a threat from the get-go, he should not have put himself into a situation where his (GZ's) life might be in danger. Clearly (IMO), he was out to make sure this supposed would not get away.

I'm listening to "Hardball with Chris Matthews," and they're bringing up good points re: Can the Stand Your Ground law really be 'on trial' when this case goes to trial?

Chris says "no," the law is the law at the time of Zimmerman's issue.
I disagree and think Angela Corey is prepared to tear that law up...

Specifically, AC may show the law is poorly written, has too many holes in it, so lends itself as an excuse for unlawful killings.

Other than that, I feel that when GZ was asked by 911 if he was following TM and answered, "yes," he gave up his right to claim Stand Your Ground.

At the same time GZ seemed to be lying, adding calmly something like, "This guy wants to see me." This strongly suggests that he had in mind using the Stand Your Ground law right there! That's premeditation!

It's impossible to "follow" someone who's "coming" to see you.

Further, GZ was told by 911 to stop following TM; "We don't need you to do that."

It should matter little what happened after that. GZ defied what the LE rep (911) ordered him to do. To me, his actions fall somewhere between premeditation and negligence.

TM's girlfriend's testimony from hearing what went down by phone is the icing on the cake. What TM conveyed about being "followed" says that he was unnerved by someone creeping up on him.

Trayvon was "standing his ground" if he decked the creepo who was mysteriously stalking and confronting him. TM had more of a right to hit GZ under this law than GZ had to skulk after Trayvon and shoot him.

I'm watching Nancy Grace. This Frank fella is complaining that the special prosecutor was smug and smirking bringing down the indictment. IMO, what a perfect bud for GZ- so much paranoia. Seeing things that aren't there. It's like watching an extension of GZ.

That guy is strange. The way FT talks about GZ, it's almost like FT is a groupie and GZ is sorta his idol.....creepy.

JMO, IMO
Tony, I don't know what was being done to the victim, Trayvon Martin while he screams, wails with a sound like he was being terrorized. Listening to that tape is brutal.

Whatever was happening, it was very, very bad.

Now that GZ has been charged I think it is alright not to see him as the victim. What has bothered me as much of the actual act of shooting him, is the lies he has maintained throughout. I think GZ screamed out at least once Help, but not because he needed it. I believe he was very calculating in what he did and intended to use the stand your ground law in Florida. He did it either to mock Trayvon (when Trayvon was pleading for his life), or be able to say he called for Help in his own defense if he goes to court. I doubt he thought he would though, given his laid back demeanor at the police station. The lack of remorse and lies makes me believe he is a cold blooded killer. JMO

I think GZ chased Trayvon with a preconceived notion that he was "trouble" (obvious from what he said to the 911 operator-saying TM was up to 'no good' and "these *advertiser censored**holes are never caught"), his anger fueling tenfold over the entire chase, he was fed up to HERE, and took matters into his own hands.

In my very strong opinion, GZ is one of those cop wannabe's that thought policing was full of thrills, attention, hype and adrenalin--and he simply got caught up in the moment of chasing a 'bad guy' (in his warped and deluded thinking), and by golly he was going to set this one straight!

He wanted to be a hero (another cop wannabe trait) and catch one of the *advertiser censored**holes that were never caught--to somehow make himself feel more superior and "cop-like".

Don't forget that during his tenure as a self appointed 911 agent, he had never had his 'big break' and therefore hadn't yet reached hero status.

You know the type....I know you do.

Yes, I agree. His grandiosity led him to hunt down Trayvon and take the opportunity to murder him, IMO. Trayvon was his opportunity to prove himself and relieve all the inner demons, resentments and paranoia. Besides, he had gotten away with his actions for so long, been encouraged to continue. " A depraved mind"? Totally.

Zimmerman is covered by SYG law the way it is written now. If they want to change the law it's their business. But they can not change it and then retroactively apply the changed law to Zimmerman.

Watching all the media waiting for Zimmerman at the police station.. Wow this is bad deja vu.. except we were all waiting for someone to walk OUT of the police station {{shudder}}

Zimmerman is covered by SYG law the way it is written now. If they want to change the law it's their business. But they can not change it and then retroactively apply the changed law to Zimmerman.

Apparently Angela disagrees.................

Actually he's not covered by it until the Judge says that he is. IF his new Attorney feels that SYG is his best Defense then there will be a hearing, and the Judge will determine at that time if the evidence supports his SYG defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288