2 and 3 Yr Old Ransack Neighbor's Home

At first look it is funny, but when you think that in some homes a child might get into medications, alcohol, cleaning supplies and things that could be very harmful to them. It could have turned out badly. Sometimes if there isn't a small child around, the house won't be childproof like a home that is prepared for small children. I hope that neighbor locks her doors from now on. The next visitor might not be small children.

I'm glad the children are safe!
I imagine the woman who's house they went to will now be locking her doors before she goes to sleep, having it advertised now how easy it was to gain entry might give someone not so nice some ideas.
I hope the parents of the little boys will get good locks put up high, now that the boys had a fun adventure Imo they'll be wanting to do it again!! I also hope they buy a bunch of goodies to replace the things their boys ruined.

VB

At first look it is funny, but when you think that in some homes a child might get into medications, alcohol, cleaning supplies and things that could be very harmful to them. It could have turned out badly. Sometimes if there isn't a small child around, the house won't be childproof like a home that is prepared for small children. I hope that neighbor locks her doors from now on. The next visitor might not be small children.

imo, it seems like the best place they could have ended up. It was obviously a kid-friendly home. Had she locked the doors, maybe they would have gotten into the road, a pond, a pool, etc. there are so many places that could have been much much worse. I think the angels were with those little one's.
I have 2 girls & 1 boy. Guess who is the only child to ever walk out of our house alone without me knowing about it? He is 2 years old & he keeps me on my toes. Luckily, I caught him as he was making his way down the back deck stairs. Now, my girls certainly have created their own havoc - but my son is the explorer of the brood. The girls are 4 & 6, and have never thought about walking out of the house. We have childproof locks, but the back door is a slider (a backwards one at that), and cannot be childproofed completely.

imo, it seems like the best place they could have ended up. It was obviously a kid-friendly home. Had she locked the doors, maybe they would have gotten into the road, a pond, a pool, etc. there are so many places that could have been much much worse. I think the angels were with those little one's.
I have 2 girls & 1 boy. Guess who is the only child to ever walk out of our house alone without me knowing about it? He is 2 years old & he keeps me on my toes. Luckily, I caught him as he was making his way down the back deck stairs. Now, my girls certainly have created their own havoc - but my son is the explorer of the brood. The girls are 4 & 6, and have never thought about walking out of the house. We have childproof locks, but the back door is a slider (a backwards one at that), and cannot be childproofed completely.

I've seen people drill a hole at the top of where the panels overlap and there is this short chain with metal post thingy attached that can be inserted through the two overlapping frames. It prevents the doors from being able to be opened.

well I have 5 sons and this sounds like just another day in the life.
One of my sons told me the other day that they would climb in the neighbors doggie door and eat her cookies and brownies because I never kept anything junky in the house LOL.

So, my advice is buy your own junk food so they don't stray.

One of my sons would walk over to a neighbor's home and ask for a ham sandwich. He told "Mr. Uncle Ronnie" that we didn't eat lunch at my house and he was hungry. Of course we ate! We just didn't buy the "good ham" that Mr. Uncle Ronnie bought! Same child used to walk across the street and beg for cookies and gum because we didn't keep junk food in the house.........of course, no one told me these things for YEARS. So my neighbors thought I forced my babies to fast for lunch and never gave them anything good to eat.

I've seen people drill a hole at the top of where the panels overlap and there is this short chain with a peg thingy attached that can be inserted through the two overlapping frames. It prevents the doors from being able to be opened.

Yep - we bought one of those doohickeys. The only problem is the screen is on the inside, so if we install it, we can't open the screen door. And the standard one's aren't long enough to fit through the screen door & the two glass door frames. I'm telling you, they did not consider homes with kids when they designed this door.:waitasec: Hubby has tried to come up with a 'modified' version of it to no avail. For now, we just watch him. I keep both doors locked to give me an extra second or two. That, and having 2 little tattle tale sisters help.

:floorlaugh: LOL Kgeaux I know your pain, I have experienced it too :)

I have four children. My two youngest are 18 months apart. Both girls. Those two sure kept us on our toes when they were toddlers. When they were one and two, one of them would distract us while the other would get something that we wouldn't let them have. I knew then we would be in trouble.

I have three young kids and they have only done one thing very scary. WHen they were ages 4 and twins were 2, I woke up one morning to find them in the playroom. Tha wasn;t so unsusual. However they were playing very quietly inside of their playhouse. Thank GOD I looked to see what they were up to. Somehow they got the block down that had my SHARP knives in it off the back of counter. They had ALL my steak knives playing with them in the floor of the playhouse. Talk about swallowing my heart! Thank the LORD none of them even got a scratch. Needless to say I now keep all of the knives up in the top of my cabinet so they can not find them or reach them.

Yep - we bought one of those doohickeys. The only problem is the screen is on the inside, so if we install it, we can't open the screen door. And the standard one's aren't long enough to fit through the screen door & the two glass door frames. I'm telling you, they did not consider homes with kids when they designed this door.:waitasec: Hubby has tried to come up with a 'modified' version of it to no avail. For now, we just watch him. I keep both doors locked to give me an extra second or two. That, and having 2 little tattle tale sisters help.

Oh no! It sure doesn't sound like it would work. Hmmmm, sounds like your door was installed with the outside facing in?

Oh no! It sure doesn't sound like it would work. Hmmmm, sounds like your door was installed with the outside facing in?

Oh, it was the latest thing - put the screen door on the inside, so that it doesn't get buggy, or ruined by the weather :rolleyes:. seemed like a good idea at the time

I have three young kids and they have only done one thing very scary. WHen they were ages 4 and twins were 2, I woke up one morning to find them in the playroom. Tha wasn;t so unsusual. However they were playing very quietly inside of their playhouse. Thank GOD I looked to see what they were up to. Somehow they got the block down that had my SHARP knives in it off the back of counter. They had ALL my steak knives playing with them in the floor of the playhouse. Talk about swallowing my heart! Thank the LORD none of them even got a scratch. Needless to say I now keep all of the knives up in the top of my cabinet so they can not find them or reach them.

Our middle boy climbed up on the counter and got into the knives too! I moved them to the top of the fridge (and then the youngest learned to climb up there too!) When we asked our middle boy "What on earth did you need all the knive's for?" he said "I couldn't get the damn juice box opened." Thank God he wasn't hurt. To this day, I don't know how he got those knives down so quietly. Now I'm like a helicopter, if they're quiet, I know they're up to something.

Oh, it was the latest thing - put the screen door on the inside, so that it doesn't get buggy, or ruined by the weather :rolleyes:. seemed like a good idea at the time

Obviously NOT designed by a parent!

well I have 5 sons and this sounds like just another day in the life.
One of my sons told me the other day that they would climb in the neighbors doggie door and eat her cookies and brownies because I never kept anything junky in the house LOL.

So, my advice is buy your own junk food so they don't stray.

I also have five boys and love your advice :clap:

When I was around 2 I use to ransack my parents house every morning. I would make the worst cake batter imaginable with soap powder, flour, coffee grounds, eggs and other stuff in the middle of the kitchen floor. My dad did not understand how my mom did not hear me, so, he got up early one morning stayed in their bed and never heard a sound until I threw the silverware tray on the floor like every morning.
I don't remember doing this stuff but my mom told me the stories. I do remember when I was about 4 I got into strawberry frosting and frosted her in bed. She woke up when dad called and said ewww while he laughed. I said, "pretty mommy, pretty." LOL!!!

When I was around 2 I use to ransack my parents house every morning. I would make the worst cake batter imaginable with soap powder, flour, coffee grounds, eggs and other stuff in the middle of the kitchen floor. My dad did not understand how my mom did not hear me, so, he got up early one morning stayed in their bed and never heard a sound until I threw the silverware tray on the floor like every morning.
I don't remember doing this stuff but my mom told me the stories. I do remember when I was about 4 I got into strawberry frosting and frosted her in bed. She woke up when dad called and she said, "ewww" while he laughed. I said, "pretty mommy, pretty." LOL!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back