FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no.

People who have kind of misunderstood the situation and timeline think GZ is saying he was initially afraid of Trayvon. Obviously, it didn't go that way.

I'm really a little surprised why people keep saying this, when honestly, it must be obvious to everyone that at first, when GZ began following Trayvon he wasn't afraid of him.

It wasn't until he was jumped that he became afraid.

That seems to go without question.

there is zero proof that the frightened young man jumped the armed adult who was following him.

anyone have a link to watch the rally??? wesh has newscasters talking.. wish they would let us watch the rally without interruption!!!

Well ya have to wonder if the killer shot a white stock broker would we be having this discussion. I don't think so....

Moo only - thanks.

Mel
Think about it. If Tray would have had a knife and fatally stabbed GZ out of fear, that absurd SYG statute would also have applied to him technically.
When two folks fight, they are both standing their ground. Whomever is the survivor can claim the other one attacked first. What is even more absurd is that this law also gives immunity from civil prosecution.
Sounds more like a law that would have applied to good old Tombstone AZ many decades ago. I just can not get over the insanity of it all.

The findings were that he had blood coming from the back of his head and from his nose. We don't know what further treatment he required, if any, because that hasn't been discussed.

I don't think a cop would put that he had a wound on the back of his head and to his nose, and grass and twigs and moisture on his back as if he had been on his back on the ground, if an EMT had said he's got blood splashed on him from the victim.

Did the findings also state whether the wound in the back of his head came from the Skittles or the can of iced tea? I can only hope that Tray got in at least ONE good pop to that man's nose before he was murdered.

I worry because many people outside the area were brought in by bus. I support the protest...but I also remember other protests that ended in tragedy, such as Kent State. I participated in many protests during my youth, not at Kent State but many others around that time. Police are there but the people are angry with police...so i worry. It only takes one LE and/or one protester and things might get out of hand. I live near this area (tho not in Sanford) and tempers here are raging among all races. And yes, in the past I've worried about the Occupy protests too. IMO it isn't histrionics, it's just plain worry.

I live in Seminole county very near Sanford and all people are horrified and angry. I would love to go to the rally and take my son because I want him to learn the power of the people against injustice. But, I am concerned about safety. We are staying home. I bought him skittles, though.
JMO

He may have fought when GZ spoke to him.

True, but according to his g/f Tray responded by asking why he was following him - not by attacking him. Tray's g/f also verifies how he was trying to get away without any trouble and he even thought he had "lost" Zimmerman. Then all of a sudden, Zimmerman was right behind him.

That tells me that Zimmerman stalked Trayvon like prey.

Okay, so GZ thinks TM is armed and up to no good.

I know the first thing I would do if I were in fear for my life is to pursue this suspicious armed person on foot, because that makes perfect sense.

Uh huh.

He was not in fear when he got out of the car. He was in fear for his life during the altercation imo. Those are two separate events. It's pretty simple.

I live in Seminole county very near Sanford and all people are horrified and angry. I would live to go to the rally and take my son because I want to learn the power of the people against injustice. But, I am concerned about safety. We are staying home. I bought him skittles, though.
JMO

I think you're very wise to stay home. Al Sharpton may have a presence, and people, who can help focus the peaceful rally for change, but when the New Black Panther Party shows up with Wanted: Zimmerman Alive or Dead signs, I don't think any of the ralliers are safe there.

Wow, what a slap in the face of members of the National Guard.

Mr Zimmerman was merely a selfproclaimed neighborhood watchman. no need to imply things against the very honorable people who serve in the National Guard.

Watching rally now - amazing how disrespectful the crowd is to any non African American trying to talk.

True, but according to his g/f Tray responded by asking why he was following him - not by attacking him. Tray's g/f also verifies how he was trying to get away without any trouble and he even thought he had "lost" Zimmerman. Then all of a sudden, Zimmerman was right behind him.

That tells me that Zimmerman stalked Trayvon like prey.

Hyperbole aside, the phone didn't pick up everything that happened. I doubt he would have called LE if he were out to stalk him like prey.

Some of you are saying this is not racial, but unless you're a person of color who has been "guilty" of trespass simply by being somewhere others think you shouldn't be, you wouldn't understand. Racial slurs don't have to take place. A kid simply walking down the street is not suspicious activity and is not a reason to call the cops, much less shoot him. Must my son have to defend his right to walk down a street other people can walk down without being bothered? Is this the message we want to send? This kind of stuff shouldn't be happening anymore. You'd think we've all gotten over racial issues by now, but it's simply not the case. I would hesitate to send any more of my kids to visit my mother because of this. It's not worth the risk.

How do you know?

Because if his gun was out, he wouldn't have been on the ground with blood coming out of his head and nose. And the other poster is right, no one would physically attack a person who had a gun pointed at him.

Nor would anyone pointing a gun engage in a physical assault.

So I don't see any other way around this, but to realize the gun was concealed at this point.

I think you're very wise to stay home. Al Sharpton may have a presence, and people, who can help focus the peaceful rally for change, but when the New Black Panther Party shows up with Wanted: Zimmerman Alive or Dead signs, I don't think any of the ralliers are safe there.

Actually, the only person in danger when the New Black Panther Party shows up with a sign like that is George Zimmerman.

But he's well hidden...

Oh I disagree. Following someone and asking what they're doing is not an aggressive act, and there is no evidence he wanted to start a physical fight.

Yes, well, you can tell from the 911 call that he did not simply approach TM and ask "Excuse me young sir, but might I ask what your business is tonight?"

he did NOT say, I am with neighborhood watch why are you here?

The girlfriend was pretty clear when she demonstrated what she heard which was a pretty belligerant "WHAT ARE YOU DOING AROUND HERE?"

If he wanted to and thought he could resolve things peacefully then his method truly sucks....and yes following someone and asking what they are doing in a certain way is in fact an aggressive act, and gives every indication that you want to start a physical fight.

My personal opinion is that everything that I have heard leads me to believe that he had every intention of starting a physical fight, and he wasn't afraid because after all he had a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd