Check Fraud case information

Can I go to the corner and cry now?

NO YOU MAY NOT!! LOL!

They'll be time for tears of joy after the conviction Tulessa. Caylee needs you mad not sad right now. :hug:

NO YOU MAY NOT!!

They'll be time for tears of joy after the conviction Tulessa. Caylee needs you mad not sad right now. :hug:

I am Mad. Mad that I took off work LOL!

I don't think Andrea ever had any intention of trying the fraud trial. I believe she has advised Casey to plead guilty to the fraud charges. Baez may have wanted to do things differently, but I believe Andrea is the lead attorney now, and she has seemed much more resigned to the inevitable lately. The judge will let her sentence be time served, and the state will get their desired result. Casey will be a FELON because of the guilty plea, so the end is well decided. There is no reason to waste the judge's, the State's or even the defense lawyer's time delaying what is a given considering the overwhelming evidence against her.

I am not a lawyer, but to me the funny thing is that it is bold and horrible PR to post a book signing tour date that makes it obvious you had no intention of showing up, and the trial schedule is messed up at everyone's expense and inconvenience. Let's hope that behind the scenes this was agreed on and we just haven't seen the filings because of the holiday. Otherwise, ....it's hubris. Again.

Hi kaRN.

I also bet KC is more than terrified to see her BF in court shackled and all.
We'll just have to wait and see.
Strange this "news" breaks on a holiday weekend.

I get more cynical every day noor. Maybe it's the NG constant threat of (non) breaking news we read 8 months ago or last year. Who in the know is working at the courthouse on a holiday....anonymously.
I'm thinking the defense may be attempting to make a motion in light of AL's priority commitment of flogging her book over defending her client or....maybe KC has requested a new legal team.
In any case, isn't everyone in court when these dates are originally set?

I get more cynical every day noor. Maybe it's the NG constant threat of (non) breaking news we read 8 months ago or last year. Who in the know is working at the courthouse on a holiday....anonymously.
I'm thinking the defense may be attempting to make a motion in light of AL's priority commitment of flogging her book over defending her client or....maybe KC has requested a new legal team.
In any case, isn't everyone in court when these dates are originally set?

Ha!
That's a thought KC wants a new defense team.

Yes everyone was in court when these dates were set.
The judge also said at the hearing that jury selection would start the week after that hearing.
(that's been weeks ago).
Of Course they're not going to announce to the world that a jury has been selected.

I don't think Andrea ever had any intention of trying the fraud trial. I believe she has advised Casey to plead guilty to the fraud charges. Baez may have wanted to do things differently, but Andrea is the lead attorney now, and she has seemed much more resigned to the inevitable lately. The judge will let her sentence be time served, and the state will get their desired result. Casey will be a FELON because of the guilty plea, so the end is well decided. There is no reason to waste the judge's, the State's or even the defense lawyer's time delaying what is a given considering the overwhelming evidence against her.

I am not a lawyer, but to me the funny thing is that it is bold and horrible PR to post a book signing tour date that makes it obvious you had no intention of showing up, and the trial schedule is messed up at everyone's expense and inconvenience. Let's hope that behind the scenes this was agreed on and we just haven't seen the filings because of the holiday. Otherwise, ....it's hubris. Again.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that AL is needed for the fraud case. That is a separate case from the murder case. I'm sure that she would be consulted on any happenings on the fraud case, but I don't think she is the attorney of record for that case. Didn't JB pass that case over to the skinny guy in his office long ago (Kasen?):waitasec:

:furious:Now am I not only MAD but I am CONFUSED:waitasec:?

I am Mad. Mad that I took off work LOL!

I did too LOL!!! I took the 25th off also.
I'm choosing denial over anger

The trial dates will go forward if even to be rescheduled. Plus I'm saying please, please, please....:angel:

Sleutherontheside: I think the book signing was probably scheduled because AL already knew the pre-trial would not take place. They just don't have their duct, oopppps, ducks in a row.

THAT was brilliant!!

:bow:

Much as I wish I could see KC clink-clank to her seat at the defense table again I am not in the least surprised at this turn of events. Come on, savvy trial watchers..you knew this would pan out this way, didn't you? AND--here is the sad fact...My money is on the clear odds that there won't be a murder trial either! Seriously, Andrea L will get KC to understand and plead to it and the state will remove the death penalty. Miss Muffett will become the new Diane Downs, locked up forever, getting old and craggy-looking and forgotten. There might be a feeble book attempt here and there..("Defending the most hated woman in America, by Jose Baez" available at WalMart hardbound 7.99) and this huge WS board will move to the archives, joining Scott Peterson and Jon Benet Ramsey in "yesteryear". That will be that. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but come on, you know my scenario is very very likely!

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that AL is needed for the fraud case. That is a separate case from the murder case. I'm sure that she would be consulted on any happenings on the fraud case, but I don't think she is the attorney of record for that case. Didn't JB pass that case over to the skinny guy in his office long ago (Kasen?):waitasec:

I do not think Kassen works with Baez. In any case, Kassen is on the civil case (ZFG). The facts and circumstances surrounding the partying, lying, Casey's whereabouts, etc are so intertwined, inextricably, on the fraud trial and the murder trial that I cannot imagine Andrea sitting that one out if it goes to trial. She has signed her name to motions in the fraud trial, right? If it gets bumbled, that makes her job in the murder trial that much harder. I could be wrong, but I don't see her sitting on the sidelines in any way, shape or form until both cases are resolved.

I am just guessing, of course. I could be one hundred percent wrong and Andrea could want to take the fraud trial to a jury. I have been shocked many times in this case so far!

Kassen works with Baez? I had not heard that. In any case, Kassen is on the civil case (ZFG). The facts and circumstances surrounding the lying, Casey's whereabouts, etc are so intertwined, inextricably, on the fraud trial and the murder trial that I cannot imagine Andrea sitting that one out if it goes to trial. If it gets bumbled, that makes her job in the murder trial that much harder. I could be wrong, but I don't see her sitting on the sidelines in any way, shape or form until both cases are resolved.

I don't either. It just wouldn't make any sense....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back